Forum Settings
Forums

Predict the next 9+ rated anime on MAL and give reasoning why

Pages (17) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Post New Reply
Aug 3, 2015 1:05 PM

Imaishi said:
ExTamplier said:

How do you expect it to jump from 200+ to 1?

I gave the reason... It won't be quick, might take years, but people will learn to appreciate it. It won't be the first time in history of art.
Dude I love KLK too but its not reaching number 1...ever.

Aug 3, 2015 1:08 PM

Major123 said:
Imaishi said:

I gave the reason... It won't be quick, might take years, but people will learn to appreciate it. It won't be the first time in history of art.

Are you for real?

Aug 3, 2015 1:11 PM

Imaishi said:
Major123 said:

Are you for real?

Maybe somewhere in an alternate universe KlK is #1, but in this one I highly doubt it ever get past Steins;Gate, FMA, Gintama and/or HxH 2011

But hey Shigatsu is higher rated than Death Note so I guess miracles like that can happen

Aug 3, 2015 1:21 PM

I predict that One Punch Man will get an average of 10.3, because it will be better than anything we've ever seen.

Aug 3, 2015 1:29 PM
Hug Addict <3

CG-Silver said:
HaXXspetten said:
it'll be about the same as the last season, so let's say 8.95

Assuming there's no noteworthy difference in quality that is

Yeah around 8.96 is my guess. A SoL getting 9+ is extremely rare. Only CAS has been able to do so far.
Clannad AS is more of a drama than a slice of life anime as well so it's hardly for THAT reason it's above 9

A cuddle a day keeps the pouting away~
"Holding hands is just the first step to getting pregnant"

Aug 3, 2015 1:29 PM

The Attack on titan romcom sol high school shit.

Aug 3, 2015 1:35 PM

PoeticJustice said:
gakkou gurashi?
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."

Aug 3, 2015 1:45 PM
Hug Addict <3

Unyilkdr said:
PoeticJustice said:
gakkou gurashi?
http://myanimelist.net/anime/31374/Shingeki!_Kyojin_Chuugakkou

Aug 3, 2015 1:49 PM

HaXXspetten said:
Unyilkdr said:
gakkou gurashi?
another spinn of comedy? hope not soul eater NOT 2, suzumiya haruhi-chan no shouitsu are better than original series thou. that gay scane get me everytime.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."

Aug 3, 2015 2:01 PM

CG-Silver said:
HaXXspetten said:
it'll be about the same as the last season, so let's say 8.95

Assuming there's no noteworthy difference in quality that is

Yeah around 8.96 is my guess. A SoL getting 9+ is extremely rare. Only CAS has been able to do so far.

No clue what CAS is, but the Haruhi Movie was ranked #1 (was like 9.14) in the past.
"Hi!"

Aug 3, 2015 2:16 PM
Hug Addict <3

YEEART said:
CG-Silver said:

No clue what CAS is, but the Haruhi Movie was ranked #1 (was like 9.14) in the past.
Clannad After Story*

Aria the Origination has been top 5 as well iirc

Aug 3, 2015 2:27 PM

Milk_is_Special said:
I predict that One Punch Man will get an average of 10.3, because it will be better than anything we've ever seen.

But! But... GARY STU! VERY BAD! INSTANT 0/10 for GARY STU!

Aug 3, 2015 2:31 PM

Grey-Zone said:
Milk_is_Special said:
because get blinded by murata version, people don't realize that this manga is originaly webtoon gag manga to parodying hero manga these days. it make people take this series seriously. it's kinda sad.
Modified by Kuma, Aug 3, 2015 2:37 PM

Aug 3, 2015 2:33 PM

Unyilkdr said:
Grey-Zone said:
people don't realize that this manga is originaly webtoon manga for parodying hero manga these days because get blinded by murata version. it make people take this series seriously. it's kinda sad.
So is your signature.

Aug 3, 2015 2:33 PM

Grey-Zone said:
Milk_is_Special said:

on what are you basing this?

Aug 3, 2015 2:35 PM

Milk_is_Special said:
Unyilkdr said:
people don't realize that this manga is originaly webtoon manga for parodying hero manga these days because get blinded by murata version. it make people take this series seriously. it's kinda sad.
So is your signature.
kinda agree actually after long time of depression. miss old days. GORILLA! BRING BACK OUR LOVELY GINTAMA!

Aug 3, 2015 2:35 PM

saddy34 said:
Grey-Zone said:

On this trailer:

Aug 3, 2015 2:36 PM

Milk_is_Special said:
saddy34 said:

On this trailer:

what does this have to do with anything?

Aug 3, 2015 2:37 PM

saddy34 said:
Milk_is_Special said:
On this trailer:

what does this have to do with anything?
EVERYTHING!

Aug 3, 2015 2:38 PM

Umineko no Naku Koro ni remake. 100 Episodes to cover the whole VN plus faithful adaption.

Visuals made by ufotable.

A person can dream right?

Aug 3, 2015 2:41 PM
Hug Addict <3

iNoto-san said:
Umineko no Naku Koro ni remake. 100 Episodes to cover the whole VN plus faithful adaption.

Well... that would probably be in the 9-ish region for sure but... yeeaaaah that sounds a bit to good to be true :s

Aug 3, 2015 2:48 PM

HaXXspetten said:
iNoto-san said:

Well... that would probably be in the 9-ish region for sure but... yeeaaaah that sounds a bit to good to be true :s

If that were to became true then it could be a 10 out of 10 and maybe even be in the top 10.

Aug 3, 2015 2:57 PM

iNoto-san said:

100 episodes may be overkill though. But I wouldn't be in doubt it would be in the 9-region.

Perhaps Heaven's Feel (depending on how it's executed; haven't read the VN but from what I hear it's amazing) can get a 9-ish score.

Aug 3, 2015 2:59 PM

GTO remake
Well the current anime is high rated and it doesnt adapt the full manga. To add that, its one of the highest rated mangas.

Aug 3, 2015 3:01 PM

Snappynator said:
iNoto-san said:

100 episodes may be overkill though. But I wouldn't be in doubt it would be in the 9-region.

Perhaps Heaven's Feel (depending on how it's executed; haven't read the VN but from what I hear it's amazing) can get a 9-ish score.

Who knows how many episodes (8 chapters Umineko no naku koro ni vn) would take. It was just a random number.

Well heaven's feel could be a 9 if it's adapted properly.

Fate/zero and UBW was a definitely a 10 in my book and i'm looking forward for HF!

Aug 3, 2015 3:01 PM
Hug Addict <3

Snappynator said:
iNoto-san said:

Rumors say it's only going to be one movie for HF... in which case no, it'll definitely be butchered no matter what

Aug 3, 2015 3:04 PM

HaXXspetten said:
Snappynator said:

Rumors say it's only going to be one movie for HF... in which case no, it'll definitely be butchered no matter what

Yeah but the keyword here is "rumors". ufo can't possibly be stupid enough to pull off a Deens....right?

Aug 3, 2015 3:06 PM

saddy34 said:
Grey-Zone said:

People say...

SAO is bad! Because of GARY STU MC!
Mahouka is bad! Because of GARY STU MC!
NGNL is bad! Because of GARY STU MCs!
etc.

See? It's popular to hate on "Gary Stu" right now, so if the people who disliked those shows disliked them purely for the Gary Stu MC(s), but don't mind it for OPM, then they are hypocrites.

Aug 3, 2015 3:07 PM

GrumpyWolf said:
GTO remake
Well the current anime is high rated and it doesnt adapt the full manga. To add that, its one of the highest rated mangas.
>Pierrot
>remake
lel.
well, osamatsu-kun get remake after 22 years, soo....... maybe 2022.

Aug 3, 2015 3:07 PM

Grey-Zone said:
saddy34 said:

People say...

SAO is bad! Because of GARY STU MC!
Mahouka is bad! Because of GARY STU MC!
NGNL is bad! Because of GARY STU MCs!
etc.

See? It's popular to hate on "Gary Stu" right now, so if the people who disliked those show disliked them purely for the Gary Stu MC(s), but don't mind it for OPM, then they are hypocrites.

Don't worry those guys will take a 180 turn and hate it out of nowhere claiming they hated it all along if it turns out to be popular enough.

Aug 3, 2015 3:09 PM

Unyilkdr said:
>Pierrot
>remake
lel.

Now that you mention it... Pierrot... if only they didn't go 90% CGI in the first few episodes, didn't skip an arc and didn't censor the shit out of even the smallest bit of blood, then Kingdom may have been as popular as an anime as it is as a manga right now...

Snappynator said:
Don't worry those guys will take a 180 turn and hate it out of nowhere claiming they hated it all along if it turns out to be popular enough.

Those opinions always tend do go where the wind blows directly against the wind called "popularity"...
Modified by Grey-Zone, Aug 3, 2015 3:13 PM

Aug 3, 2015 3:13 PM

iNoto-san said:

That awkward moment when the PS3 sprites have better looking visuals than Deen. I just started but that stuff would be nasty if handled properly.
All credit goes to Sacred.

Aug 3, 2015 3:13 PM

Grey-Zone said:
Unyilkdr said:
>Pierrot
>remake
lel.
Now that you mention it... Pierrot... if only they didn't go 90% CGI in the first few episodes, didn't skip an arc and didn't censor the shit out of even the smallest bit of blood, then Kingdom may have been as popular as an anime as it is as a manga right now...
glad they not butchered baby steps. recently episode has amazing action. pierrot is soo incosistent with their quality. i read kingdom manga, but anime make me lost interest just in 2 episode.

Aug 3, 2015 3:18 PM

FireEmblemIke24 said:
That awkward moment when the PS3 sprites have better looking visuals than Deen. I just started but that stuff would be nasty if handled properly.

I would rather have OVAs or something for key scenes and battles. A full-abstract VN storyline like Umineko's really is not fit for anime medium. A faithful adaption would be hard to endure. For example in regards to F/sn:UBW people were already annoyed by "all the talks and monologues" while the fans complained about there not being enough of these. That kind of problems would be even more appearent in Umineko...

I can imagine it would only result in disaster.

Aug 3, 2015 3:19 PM

No Game No Life S2, considering how much hype the first season had.

Aug 3, 2015 3:20 PM
Otaku Whisperer

Whatever it is, it won't be because I voted for it.

Aug 3, 2015 3:21 PM

Grey-Zone said:
FireEmblemIke24 said:

I would rather have OVAs or something for key scenes and battles. A full-abstract VN storyline like Umineko's really is not fit for anime medium. A faithful adaption would be hard to endure. For example in regards to F/sn:UBW people were already annoyed by "all the talks and monologues" while the fans complained about there not being enough of these. That kind of problems would be even more appearent in Umineko...

I can imagine it would only result in disaster.

Well I mean Monogatari series is essentially all talks and monologues and it's rather successfull. Dunno why people hated the talks and monologues in F/SN either, there was a fair amount of action in there.

JumpinJC said:

Yeah but the 1st season also has a huge amount of haters who will likely give it a low rating to prevent that.

Aug 3, 2015 3:23 PM

FireEmblemIke24 said:
iNoto-san said:

I can't deny facts here lol.

Aug 3, 2015 3:34 PM

JumpinJC said:

Gero's gonna create enough alts to prevent that.

Aug 3, 2015 3:36 PM
Hug Addict <3

yhunata said:
JumpinJC said:

Gero's gonna create enough alts to prevent that.
It would probably be higher than S1 at least given how amazing volume 6 was, plus sequel effect of course. But yes there are way too many haters who'd downvote NGNL for it to ever get above 9

Aug 3, 2015 3:37 PM

Snappynator said:
Well I mean Monogatari series is essentially all talks and monologues and it's rather successfull. Dunno why people hated the talks and monologues in F/SN either, there was a fair amount of action in there.

I don't get it either. No one could give me a plausible answer yet even in the UBW sub-forum, instead only very vague responses...

Monogatari however is not a light novel and there is not enough time for the source material readers to load up on nostalgia, actually from what I see the anime was even being translated faster than the LN, so naturally there wouldn't be as many complains, as people ACTUALLY look at it as it is, with no source material fanboys that can be baited, so there are less trolls too. None of those long-term annoying arguments about how the adaption isn't 1:1 the source material.

And I really think Shaft is the only studio who can actually do the abstract concepts justice. But their actions scenes are really inferior to the likes of Production I.G. (+Wits), Madhouse and Ufotable, so they couldn't have done UBW.

Actually an Umineko adaption by Shaft would seem plausible though... at the very least their scenes would still be able to convey the conceptual aspects of the battles, so it would probably be better than DEEN in all aspects (which is not that hard to accomplish though).

Aug 3, 2015 3:38 PM

HaXXspetten said:
Unyilkdr said:
gakkou gurashi?
Jean x Marco yaoi pairing confirmed

Aug 3, 2015 3:41 PM

1 and 2 respectively in a ideal world would be shingeki no kyojin and shingeki no kyojin second season,quality somewhat drops in uprising arc which will be included in second season probably so i think first season will ultimately be a bit better though extra budget can possibly make second season on par of course,can't wait for sawano's new OST aswell

Aug 3, 2015 3:50 PM

Shit almost forgot this. Thanks for the reminder, can't wait to see Old Dues.
Btw Owarimonogatari rating predictions? 8.8+ for me
Modified by CG-Silver, Aug 3, 2015 3:53 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Aug 3, 2015 3:51 PM

SNKFanboy said:
1 and 2 respectively in a ideal world would be shingeki no kyojin and shingeki no kyojin second season,quality somewhat drops in uprising arc which will be included in second season probably so i think first season will ultimately be a bit better though extra budget can possibly make second season on par of course,can't wait for sawano's new OST aswell

SnK S2 is a 9+ but some jealous people are bound to rate it less.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Aug 3, 2015 3:57 PM

CG-Silver said:
SNKFanboy said:

Aug 3, 2015 3:59 PM
FireEmblemIke24 said:
iNoto-san said:

Well, At least it was better than ryukishi art

Aug 3, 2015 4:09 PM
Hug Addict <3

CG-Silver said:
SNKFanboy said:

The manga has only been dropping in rating continuously the last few years so I kind of doubt the part of it which the second anime season would cover would get a drastic rating increase instead

Aug 3, 2015 4:12 PM

Some shock value grabbing low-brow dribble as always, what do I win?

Aug 3, 2015 4:15 PM

HaXXspetten said:
CG-Silver said:

The manga has only been dropping in rating continuously the last few years so I kind of doubt the part of it which the second anime season would cover would get a drastic rating increase instead

Popularity haters attacking the manga too, nothing out of the ordinary.

Pages (17) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »