Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Aug 2, 2015 6:15 PM

if no then why?

Aug 2, 2015 8:49 PM
I really hope there will be. I'm not sure though; I heard that the ratings for it in Japan were kind of meh (or at least sales were? I recall looking at some sales data and I don't think it was in the top number for more than a week/month or two, however long the standard unit of time measured is). The news topic below yours here in the forum seems to hint at there being a season 2 possibly being in the works for sometime next year, but we'll see.

It makes me sad when some anime just don't ever get a second season, despite the first being good quality and a hit outside Japan. Like with Legend of the Legendary Heroes; I think that was pretty well received in the US at least, and the quality definitely picked up toward the end of the season. But if I remember right, the ratings for it in Japan were pretty abysmal. Or there being apparent zero interest in continuation ala Spice and Wolf, despite being really well received and having plenty of source material.
Modified by Knight2520, Aug 2, 2015 8:53 PM

Aug 4, 2015 8:28 AM

when i remember correctly... sales were around 8-9k average. Thats more than enough for a 2nd season.

Aug 4, 2015 8:31 AM
Hug Addict <3

The sales are enough, but there's not all that much content to work with. The series was on a 15 month hiatus between volumes 6 and 7, so even now there's still barely enough content for a second season. If the author picks up the pace and starts releasing more volumes on a faster, consistent basis however then yeah I could see a second anime season towards the end of 2016 or so. However that's still just speculation

There's also the fact that Madhouse have a tendency of not doing sequels all that often anyway so what do I know

A cuddle a day keeps the pouting away~
Hit me up if you want someone to flirt with for a bit ^^
"Holding hands is just the first step to getting pregnant"

Aug 4, 2015 8:32 AM

Foxiewut said:
if no then why?

Cause Madhouse.

Aug 10, 2015 9:22 PM

oreology said:
Foxiewut said:
if no then why?

Cause Madhouse.
pretty much
"The blood makes us human, makes us more than human, makes us human no more." -Master Willem from Bloodborne.

Aug 16, 2015 12:24 PM

ExTamplier said:
oreology said:

Cause Madhouse.
pretty much

How about giving them some time?
About 2 years is the standard for sequels, and the ln just now released a new volume after a year or so.

Aug 16, 2015 1:23 PM

Holy crap this legend aired last year?!

I was under the impression it aired in 2011. I am about 70% sure there will be a second season; all we can do now is wait and buy light novels.
i really want to cry right now

have a nice day
- FALL3RE

Aug 21, 2015 6:48 AM

For No Game No Life's second anime season, there is enough material for a second season BUT they completely screwed up with that ending of the first anime season. THey adapted volume 1-3 but the ending scene is the 6th volume.

Whatever they do won't work well.

Adapting 3 volumes again ?
4-5-6 -> best and simpler choice for a one cour ImO BUT that make the second season ending with the same scene as the first one, which is awfully stupid...

4-5-7? (6 can be skipped since it's a flashback 6,000 years ago except for the ending scene which was used in the first anime) -> then three problems.
a)We spend most of the season to reach the actual ending scene of the first season,
b) that means skipping the volume that fans almost unanimously consider to be the best volume (so angry/disappointed fans everywhere, be ready for that, and I would be part of them for sure even withoutbeing a fan, because volume 6 IS very good) )
c) volume 7 isn't conclusive at all, it ends in a cliffhanger...

Adapting 4 volumes in one cour instead?
4-5-6-7 ->
a)would end in a huge cliffhanger so a HUGE NO,
b)would spend 3/4th of the season to reach the final scene of the first season,
c)and would logically be more rushed due to 4 volumes instead of 3

4-5-7-8->
a) volume 8 isn't out so cannot do it right now,
b)it's far from certain that it will be conclusive due to the sheer amount of things to resolve (this has clearly the possibility to be a 3 volumes arc) ,
c)this would skip the best volume so far (angry fans), and
d) this would still be rushed

Doing a 2 cour with 6 volumes?
4-5-6-7-8-9 -> assuming the current arc is a 3 volumes arc this would be the perfect solution but
a)this needs 2 volumes not out yet +
b) needs the editor to be willy to do a 2-cours 2nd season after a 1 cour long 1st season which usually don't happen.
In case volume 9 isn't conclusive this cannot be done either, but a 5 volume long could definitely be done with 22-24 episodes.

So anyway, that looks pretty bad. Most probably, it won't happen, and if it does, that's not any time soon.

Aug 21, 2015 6:50 AM

I hear the anime was rather popular in JP, so I guess there is a quite high chance of a second season.

Aug 21, 2015 6:57 AM
Hug Addict <3

I don't think the volume 6 teaser is a huge deal. Think of it more as a trailer than anything else

Adapting volumes 4/5/6 as normal in a second season should be just fine to me

Doesn't mean it's actually going to happen though

A cuddle a day keeps the pouting away~
Hit me up if you want someone to flirt with for a bit ^^
"Holding hands is just the first step to getting pregnant"

Aug 21, 2015 11:23 AM

HaXXspetten said:
I don't think the volume 6 teaser is a huge deal. Think of it more as a trailer than anything else

Adapting volumes 4/5/6 as normal in a second season should be just fine to me

Doesn't mean it's actually going to happen though
I doubt it, it doesn't really feel like a trailer you can tell because it's directly continuing the story (right after they united or whatever with the Eastern Federation). It doesn't really feel like they could squeeze in a second season inbetween that scene and where they united or whatever with the Eastern federation. I think that if we're going to get a second season we'll have to wait for Volumes 8 and 9. But you never know, my opinion.
I swear it feels like it was 2015 just yesterday... time flies huh.

Visit My Anime List!

Sep 8, 2015 2:44 PM

Please god no.

May 20, 3:25 PM
I have faith in Takaya kagami sir...

May 29, 11:33 PM

ichii_1 said:
ExTamplier said:
pretty much

How about giving them some time?
About 2 years is the standard for sequels, and the ln just now released a new volume after a year or so.

Outlook not so good.

May 30, 10:09 PM
If and when they do release a second season, I'd like to see some worker placement games and deck building games.

May 31, 5:52 AM
a second season is not possible but i think a remake is because of how inconsistent the story is with the light novel
i will eliminate the middle class 4head bruh moment

Jun 13, 9:55 AM
Don't be a self pretentious that is the most gayest thing ever
English Dubs are better than subs
You all have anime profile pic so you opinion doesn't count
Your Waifu is trash
Cory in the house is the best anime
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFQQALduhzA
Japanese are one of the most xenophobic nations
My Anime List looks like a website from 1990s

Jun 16, 5:25 AM
I just finished watching No Game No Life. And i can safely say that there will be no season 2. It was released in sping 2014. Its 2019. Nuff said

Jun 20, 9:49 AM
One punch man was released in 2015 and we still got season 2.

Jun 20, 9:55 AM

monolith_soldier said:
I just finished watching No Game No Life. And i can safely say that there will be no season 2. It was released in sping 2014. Its 2019. Nuff said

thats just saying stuff based of nothing...

A certain magical index got season 3 8 years after season 2 aired so everything can happen

Jun 20, 10:25 AM
Maybe there are not enough source materials, also Kamiya-sensei is sick too

Jun 20, 11:36 AM

Humbby said:
monolith_soldier said:

A certain magical index got season 3 8 years after season 2 aired so everything can happen

Chihayafuru has also gotten a new season after so long.

Jun 20, 11:36 AM

Is this show really that good that everyone is begging for a second season?

Jun 20, 7:35 PM
Humbby said:
monolith_soldier said:

You have a point, I'll give you that, however there are normally rumors if any Anime is going to have another season, High School dxd had tones of rumors before season 3 went live.

If there is going to be a season 2, i will gladly say i was wrong, but instead of wishing for it and getting my hopes up just for nothing, I like to keep my head to a more grounded opinion

Jun 20, 7:51 PM

Not enough prayers guys, you must pray harder.

Jun 20, 8:14 PM
Asaid1045 said:
Humbby said:

Chihayafuru has also gotten a new season after so long.

True, at the end of the day we hope for a second season, but I'd rather be as realistic as possible rather than optimistic, in my opion i just cant see this anime getting another season, as i replyed to Humbby, i will gladly say i was wrong if there is another season.