Forum Settings
Forums
Poll: Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic Chapter 275 Discussion

Aug 2, 2015 5:05 PM

THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Lol, they managed to discover what they were looking for by accident. Bravo Alibaba and Judal!

It's interesting where they are though according to that Dragon entity. Ah, how I just love the world fiction of Magi. Hello Dark Continent.

Aug 2, 2015 8:54 PM

Damn, I was hoping for some world building outside of the current world and Alma toran. Night 214 alluded to the fact that there are lots of other worlds out there and Night 222 mentioned an existence higher than God, would have been cool to use Alibaba and Judar to explore those topics, but maybe we will get a flashback about the time period before Alibaba reunited with Judar that is somehow linked to them.

Aug 2, 2015 9:03 PM

that was interesting..til' next chapter!

But you'll still take damage!

Aug 2, 2015 11:31 PM
Phoenix Wrong

Whoa, the Dark Continent. I somewhat expected that, but it's nice to see that that's the actual case.

Aug 3, 2015 12:00 AM

Well, damn, I felt something was strange about Alibaba this whole time. I wonder if and when he returns, will he be stronger since he's spent those 100 years in that different world? Or will he actually have to train his body or something.

In any case, he should be stronger in some way or know so weird moves since he has a lot of wisdom by now.

Aug 3, 2015 12:24 AM

Am I reading HxH with all this talk about a Dark Continent lol xD

Anyway, this chapter was really really interesting with the duo finding the Mother Dragon as well as all their bickering but damn, Alibaba has been in that world for 100 years O_O

I'd be lying if I said that I didn't want to see Alibaba come back to the real world and see just how much of/dramatic of a change he's undergone as well as this new found hermit sage wisdom

Aug 3, 2015 2:04 AM

Really interesting chap. Alibaba did seem more mature but damn! 100 years more wise now :O

I wonder how strong tho?

I was starting to think of the possibility they were in the dark continent and really nice to see it confirmed. It does make sense. It is in their world but it is a place no one can leave according to Yunan. I hope we get some Fanalis?

Aug 3, 2015 2:26 AM

Great chapter. Hopefully an extra 100 years worth of reflecting/wisdom leads to something good in terms of Alibaba's character development, or perhaps even a power-up, which I suspected would probably happen in a previous chapter discussion.

I may have overlooked it, but I'm wondering who this "someone" is that told Alibaba to seek out the Origin Dragon. I can only guess that it was either Solomon (The real Solomon. Not the hollow shell he becomes post chapter 232), or Ugo.

lots of really interesting stuff going on with both Alibaba and Judar, and with the war. The next chapter can't come soon enough
What an incredibly irritating species we've become.

Aug 3, 2015 3:11 AM
Alibaba is now officially 119 years old.

Things I'm expecting when he gets back:

1) Uber power-up
2) An answer for converting black rukh to white rukh
3) Super mature personality
4) Someone giving him the Grand Hermit Saint title for essentially living for 100 years

What bothers me is that how Judar was actually in the Dark Continent when Aladdin pushed him "upward" indefinitely. Does't make sense.

Aug 3, 2015 3:18 AM

Holy shit so much information in this chapter! First of all, i love the funny interactions between Alibaba and Judar. Always great!

So the world they are in, is the dark conitent? And Mother Dragon is also there. That was a nice twist, didn't really think of that.
Finally Alibaba is about to get the development i was waiting for, to play a bigger role in the war.Oh yeah!

Really curious who the person was he met and where he spend 100 years. I guess it's Solomon. That will be a big bang when both appear in the battlefield soon!

This is why Magi> all other shonen for me.

Aug 3, 2015 4:48 AM

Damn, world building, leveled up.

Alibaba is so funny in that form lol, you can't take the guy seriously even with all that 100 years old talk.

Aug 3, 2015 4:55 AM

That world building. I'm with Judar, what tf happened to Alibaba. Awesome chapter.

Aug 3, 2015 5:24 AM

So Alibaba gets to add a hundred years to his virginity, gz

Aug 3, 2015 5:31 AM

This chapter was so interesting!

I was surprised to see the mother dragon again.. That's pretty nice to see when we last saw her in the Alma toran story.

I also like the way Ali baba's development was handled, seems believable.
I have no idea how they'll return now though.

I was basically Judar the whole time the Mother Dragon was talking, I didn't get shit..
Hopefully it gets explained better later.

I think it's Yunan who told Alibaba about the Mother Dragon.. Didn't he tell Morginana he was the only one who can go to the inside of the continent and come back? I think this is what he was talking about.

We might even see the beast version of the Fanalis people who crossed the continent here, maybe even Morgiana's family? They could help them if they knew he is friends with her or something.
Anyway, awesome world building chapter!
Modified by ZoroZoldyck, Aug 3, 2015 5:57 AM

Aug 3, 2015 6:03 AM
Anime Moderator
Master Öqvily

Would have been so much better if Alibaba stayed dead.

Aug 3, 2015 8:22 AM

With 100 years wisdom, Alibaba should be a bit smarter now. I hope he will start becoming a man who can stand on equal level with Sinbad and Kouen.

Aug 3, 2015 9:14 AM
Blankbite said:
What bothers me is that how Judar was actually in the Dark Continent when Aladdin pushed him "upward" indefinitely. Does't make sense.

Ugo pushed Judar in a different direction (chapter 265).

Soooo, the Dark Continent is part of the old world? And the original Magi world "sits" upon the ruins of the old one? How the heck does that work?
Some space-time manipulation, I suspect.
Modified by DTBlack, Aug 3, 2015 9:39 AM

Aug 3, 2015 10:36 AM

What? 100 years?
Hopefully all that time Alibaba spent in that world meant something...Well he does seem more mature now so theres that.

Aug 3, 2015 12:03 PM

XPwnDEnd said:
Whoa, the Dark Continent. I somewhat expected that, but it's nice to see that that's the actual case.

under what basis did you expect that untill she actually said it?

judar was thrown up and into outer space...for him to end up there means there is probably no "outer space" for now. it also means the world is not entirely accessible by normal means.

Aug 3, 2015 1:21 PM

Imao, Magi reached the Dark Continent faster than HunterxHunter XD
So Alibaba has spent 100 yrs in that continent?
"If you have time to think of a beautiful end, then why not live beautifully until the end?"- Sakata Gintoki, Gintama

Aug 4, 2015 12:12 AM
DTBlack said:
Blankbite said:

Soooo, the Dark Continent is part of the old world? And the original Magi world "sits" upon the ruins of the old one? How the heck does that work?
Some space-time manipulation, I suspect.

I came to a conclusion that the Original Magi world is somewhere within and beneath Alma Toran and the souther tip of dark continent is the passage where two places (AT and Original Magi world) connect.

Aug 5, 2015 7:07 AM

Whoo! The Dark Continent!

This is so exciting!

Can't wait for Ohtaka's explanation on how Alibaba spent a whooping 100 years on another continent, but only a few months have passed in the Light Continent (as I'm naming it). Does time flow differently, and how is that linked to the Fanalis people crossing the Rift, or Yunan crossing the Rift? So much storytelling potential is there, and I just know Ohtaka won't disappoint, has she ever?

And this also raises several interesting theories:
If Alibaba did indeed spend 100 years in the Old Magi world linked by the Dark Continent, does that mean that all vanishing spells the Djinn uses materializes the vanished things back in Alma Torran? And if so, we already know that Djinn rooms are the seat of their power in Alma Torran and the Dungeon is simply a portal (shortcut, if you will) to the Old World of Alma Torran, hence the tunnels and black sky and Earth once a person enters a dungeon, can a Fanalis, aware of the circumstance on both sides of the Rift, enter a Djinn room and fight their way out, into the current Magi New World?

WHoo!

Can't wait for the new chapter, as usual!
Modified by Jinseitengan, Aug 5, 2015 7:12 AM

Aug 5, 2015 11:21 AM

DTBlack said:

no wonder i missed that, it was one box i pretty much missed it. such an important detail that explains how he ended up there. makes me wonder what else i've missed. also, in that same chapter, Allibaba appeared like the cactuar from FF series, if only he was green.

Aug 9, 2015 2:09 AM

100 years wiser.. it's a good hint that he'll be a good king. I do hope Alibaba gets some form of power up
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて

Aug 10, 2015 3:27 AM
DTBlack said:
Blankbite said:

Thanks for the info I didn't realized that small panel as something important.

Nov 20, 2015 5:54 PM

Damn the Dark Continent is hella big.
Didn't think I'd see that Origin Dragon again.
Pretty interesting chapter.

Sep 12, 2016 12:31 PM

:'(
Alibaba... to think you'd reach the age of 119 whilst remaining a virgin...
Words can't express how sorry I am for you :'(

Oct 26, 2018 11:38 AM

Alibaba with 100+ years experiences should be the coolest person ever ...