Forum Settings
Forums

i need recommandations from peoples with good taste in anime.

New
Dec 7, 2009 9:00 AM

Sep 2009
ok, its been a long time now i be wondering what to download next and i don't like that and i end up re-watching my fav too early, so can you recommend good shows to watch? (series not movies)

is there still good shows to watch? will i ever watch something as exciting as death note again?

check my 10's 9's & 8's best and if you know something as good as these shows , just let me know thx.

my 10's (recent only)

my 9's

my 8's

DaijinDec 7, 2009 11:28 AM
Dec 7, 2009 9:16 AM

Apr 2009
Jeez, you need some Princess Tutu. Well, since it seems like that's the way your tastes run I'll suggest Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan, it's the only 1 on my list so you'd probably like it.
This is a serious post. You're not allowed to delete it.
Dec 7, 2009 9:26 AM

Sep 2009
ok thx alot ima try that Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan.
Dec 7, 2009 9:27 AM

Feb 2008
So, not sure how Jigoku Shoujo gets a 10 from you when the second season gets only gets an 8 from you and a 9 for THE School Days...and still be able to enjoy Monster.

I dunno how you work so I'm just gonna recommend solid shows that interesting to watch and fit into the genres that you prefer :
Baccano!
Detroit Metal City
Dec 7, 2009 9:43 AM

Mar 2008
A bit of Tengen Toppa might not hurt you. I would say your best bet is to try Darker Than Black.
Dec 7, 2009 11:27 AM

Sep 2009
Nayah said:
So, not sure how Jigoku Shoujo gets a 10 from you when the second season gets only gets an 8 from you and a 9 for THE School Days...and still be able to enjoy Monster.

I dunno how you work so I'm just gonna recommend solid shows that interesting to watch and fit into the genres that you prefer :
Baccano!
Detroit Metal City

okay let me put it this way: jigoku shoujo 2 wasn't as good as the first one, matterfact i'm givin'a 7 to the 3rd season cuz it lost its spirit trust me.. it shows how honest i am in ratings.. so a clever person would of notice that i gave a lower rating in comparaison with the first season wich was real good to me.

sometimes i feel like watchin' serious shit, another time i wanna watch somethin' with a slice of romance like "romeo x juliet" but never too deep.. or funny and musical like Nodame Cantabile .. next time i like something perverted and tragic-gory ending like school days.. by the way, i completed Monster 3 months before schools days that i completed days ago.. what you want me to tell you, i enjoyed watchin'both of em in different way..

my perception isn't same as yours..

anyway i tried baccano! yesterday didn't really interested me i quit after 5 minutes. (its going on hold for now)
but thx for reminding me i must check Detroit Metal City.
rockaric said:
A bit of Tengen Toppa might not hurt you. I would say your best bet is to try Darker Than Black.

i actually dropped both of em but thx anyway
Dec 7, 2009 11:48 AM

Jan 2008
Kara No Kyoukai and Karas.
Dec 7, 2009 12:10 PM

Oct 2007
Daijin said:
ok, its been a long time now i be wondering what to download next and i don't like that and i end up re-watching my fav too early, so can you recommend good shows to watch? (series not movies)

is there still good shows to watch? will i ever watch something as exciting as death note again?

check my 10's 9's & 8's best and if you know something as good as these shows , just let me know thx.

my 10's (recent only)

I saw these 2 mentioned, you should watch Legend of Galactic Heroes then. As these 2 won't exist without LoGH, and LoGH managed to achieve something these 2 couldn't
Dec 7, 2009 1:50 PM

May 2009
Instead of suggesting anime im going to say you should go ahead and Read the manga for Gantz and Claymore. I mean you liked the animes, and both of the manga are far superior to their anime adaptations.
Both continue well after their animes end and don't have those crappy tacked on endings... Claymore has 98 chapters our right now and Gantz chapter 309 should be out soon (anime only went up to chapter 90 in Gantz).

Also give the second episode of Ga-rei Zero a shot. I noticed you dropped it after one episode... which is bad because that episode really has very little to do with anything else that happends in the anime. It was just the creators throwing everyone for a loop... The rest of Ga-rei Zero follows a bunch of the characters from the Ga-rei manga and is a direct prequel to it.

Also watch Ghost in the shell stand alone complex, Gungrave, Voices of a Distant Star, and Blue Gender.

And pick Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom up off your hold list.
PashDec 7, 2009 2:00 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines!
Dec 7, 2009 2:56 PM

Feb 2008
LMFAO

Sorry, I'm going.
Dec 7, 2009 2:57 PM

Jul 2008
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. It's really good, especially when watched in airing order.

"I'd suck you~" Berri||Desu Ne?
Dec 8, 2009 5:44 AM

Mar 2009
Bakayaro said:
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

Bakayaro said:
really good

Having these two in same post is somehow horribly wrong.
Whole series trolls the watchers so hard it's not funny.

Anyway back to the OP;

I don't know what the hell, but your anime scoring goes against common sense so badly that it made my head hurt. I honestly don't have a clue what is "good taste" for you, but to me your scoring makes absolutely no sense.

That aside i could recommend Spice & Wolf to anyone, it's not every person's cup of tea but if you're into that kind of stuff then it's awesome. Could say the same about Bakemonogatari. If mecha isn't something that causes gag reflexes to you i'd say Eureka Seven is worth watching, i saw it in your dropped list but give it another shot.
PumpernikkeliDec 8, 2009 5:51 AM

Dec 8, 2009 6:51 AM

Sep 2009
Pash said:

Also give the second episode of Ga-rei Zero a shot. I noticed you dropped it after one episode... which is bad because that episode really has very little to do with anything else that happends in the anime. It was just the creators throwing everyone for a loop... The rest of c follows a bunch of the characters from the Ga-rei manga and is a direct prequel to it.

Also watch Ghost in the shell stand alone complex, Gungrave, Voices of a Distant Star, and Blue Gender.

And pick Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom up off your hold list.

thx iv heard good stuff about these shows..ima tried them.

Pumpernikkeli said:

Bakemonogatari. If mecha isn't something that causes gag reflexes to you i'd say Eureka Seven is worth watching, i saw it in your dropped list but give it another shot.

um.. i think Bakemonogatari is annoying even thou i like the characters and animation..
and eureka seven is too childish for me..

i think my anime scoring makes lots of sense to me, that's what matters.. i'm not gonna rate according to what yo mama likes. know what i mean?

DaijinDec 8, 2009 6:56 AM
Dec 8, 2009 7:15 AM

Mar 2009
These are quite gory:

Hellsing
Baccano!

Devil May Cry is good as well, though the anime basically revolves around Dante. But that's not such a bad thing since he's cool. Lots of action.

As for Phantom Requiem for The Phantom, it's quite slow paced. Plus, in my opinion the ending was rushed. Action (but not that much though) and lots of quiet moments.
Dec 8, 2009 7:27 AM

Feb 2005
Seconding LoGH. It will make Geass look like a kindergarten scuffle in terms of depth, span, characters and story. It's also a lot more exciting than Death note ever were, and not anywhere near as predictable. If you're not grabbed by it from the start, it might take a while for you to get into it though, for it really gets better and better as it goes, overwhelmingly so.

Also seconding Baccano, GitS SAC and the Claymore manga.

Armored Trooper Votoms if you want some really badass old school scifi action. Bonus points for the gritty setting and relatively realistic and unexaggerated mecha. Also featuring a badass male lead of the true old school badass variety. Only Kenshiro really tops this guy.

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood might also be worth a look. Much better than the TV series.

Hellsing Ultimate is a must if you like over the top bloody action. Baby eating, impaling, Nazi vampires and Zeppelins included, oh yes.

Hokuto no Ken is another must if you like badass men punching each other to bits. Not as exaggerated in terms of power as DB (Though it does get some suspicious energy and aura attacks later on), but the cast, Kenshiro especially, is much more badass than DB's hardest. Don't expect to see him smile, ever.
The story isn't as gripping as they come, but you'll have a lot of episodes consisting of Kenshiro beating the shit out of various people in various more or less impossibly brutal ways. What could be more fun?
Dec 8, 2009 12:46 PM

Apr 2009
Daijin said:

my 10's (recent only)

my 9's

my 8's

I can understand the ratings for some of these, apparently you're into mind games, smart plot and mains etc. while slice if life is cool too as long as something crazy happens along the way. You should use that as a title for a recommendation thread, not something so useless as 'recs from people with good taste'. Besides, it's not like your taste is good.

I second Baccano, Hellsing Ultimate and Hokuto no Ken.

Jojo's bizarre adventure is pretty neat, it has more mind games than HnK while the characters are almost equally badass.

Maybe, just maybe, Hikaru no Go , it's what would happened if Akagi was for children. And if it was about Go, not Mahjong. Could get boring if you don't like the game itself.
js930Dec 8, 2009 12:54 PM
Dec 8, 2009 12:50 PM

Feb 2009
History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi this isn't in your list
Dec 8, 2009 1:19 PM

Jul 2007
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni (first season... why didn't you watch it anyway)
Baccano!
My first novel, Kardia has been published! Click here to read!
Dec 9, 2009 2:14 AM

Sep 2009
Jaapsneep said:
Daijin said:

my 10's (recent only)

my 9's

my 8's

I can understand the ratings for some of these, apparently you're into mind games, smart plot and mains etc. while slice if life is cool too as long as something crazy happens along the way. You should use that as a title for a recommendation thread, not something so useless as 'recs from people with good taste'. Besides, it's not like your taste is good.

I second Baccano, Hellsing Ultimate and Hokuto no Ken.

Jojo's bizarre adventure is pretty neat, it has more mind games than HnK while the characters are almost equally badass.

Maybe, just maybe, Hikaru no Go , it's what would happened if Akagi was for children. And if it was about Go, not Mahjong. Could get boring if you don't like the game itself.

i agee with you and what i meant by "peoples with good taste" meant peoples with good taste as good as me other doesn't matter.. anyway thx for the recs.
and yeah i dropped Akagi cuz i don't know/don't wanna know the majong rules.
Splitter said:
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni (first season... why didn't you watch it anyway)
Baccano!

cuz i didn't knew there were a sequel at first, when i realized, it was a lil late
i kinda hesitated to watch it..

thx for the recs.
Baman said:
Seconding LoGH. It will make Geass look like a kindergarten scuffle in terms of depth, span, characters and story. It's also a lot more exciting than Death note ever were, and not anywhere near as predictable. If you're not grabbed by it from the start, it might take a while for you to get into it though, for it really gets better and better as it goes, overwhelmingly so.

Also seconding Baccano, GitS SAC and the Claymore manga.

Armored Trooper Votoms if you want some really badass old school scifi action. Bonus points for the gritty setting and relatively realistic and unexaggerated mecha. Also featuring a badass male lead of the true old school badass variety. Only Kenshiro really tops this guy.

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood might also be worth a look. Much better than the TV series.

Hellsing Ultimate is a must if you like over the top bloody action. Baby eating, impaling, Nazi vampires and Zeppelins included, oh yes.

Hokuto no Ken is another must if you like badass men punching each other to bits. Not as exaggerated in terms of power as DB (Though it does get some suspicious energy and aura attacks later on), but the cast, Kenshiro especially, is much more badass than DB's hardest. Don't expect to see him smile, ever.
The story isn't as gripping as they come, but you'll have a lot of episodes consisting of Kenshiro beating the shit out of various people in various more or less impossibly brutal ways. What could be more fun?

okay seems interesting thx alot
Dec 9, 2009 3:22 AM

Apr 2009
Pumpernikkeli said:
Bakayaro said:
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

Bakayaro said:
really good

Having these two in same post is somehow horribly wrong.
Whole series trolls the watchers so hard it's not funny.

Finally someone FUCKING SAID IT!
That series is fucking terrible..

Anyway back to buznuzz

If you dropped Akagi and Cowboy Bebop you have bad taste IMO.
Dec 9, 2009 4:49 AM

Sep 2009
rebekahlol
If you dropped Akagi and Cowboy Bebop you have bad taste IMO.[/quote said:

i forced myself to watch almost half of akagi (cuz i liked kaiji and one outs ) even thou i didn't knew/didn't wanna learn the mahjong rules..

i watch few episode of Cowboy Bebop and it didn't interested me
it doesn't mean that it sucks, just that i won't watch it anymore..

Xinil wasn't interested by dbz wich is my all time favorite

all that to tell you that, thiis how it is,

so in 4 words: fuck what you think..

DaijinDec 9, 2009 4:58 AM
Dec 9, 2009 12:51 PM

Dec 2009
Unless you've already seen it, Black Jack (Movie and the 10 episodes).
There is absolutely no reason why I should accept "turn your brain off" as a valid excuse to defend a poor show.

~

blatant ad: https://myanimelist.net/blog/Crusader_8 I spend the time to write it, so please read it lol
Dec 9, 2009 8:25 PM

Apr 2009
Daijin said:
rebekahlol
If you dropped Akagi and Cowboy Bebop you have bad taste IMO.[/quote said:

i forced myself to watch almost half of akagi (cuz i liked kaiji and one outs ) even thou i didn't knew/didn't wanna learn the mahjong rules..

i watch few episode of Cowboy Bebop and it didn't interested me
it doesn't mean that it sucks, just that i won't watch it anymore..

Xinil wasn't interested by dbz wich is my all time favorite

all that to tell you that, thiis how it is,

so in 4 words: fuck what you think..

/cries
/wrists
Dec 14, 2009 8:40 PM

Nov 2009
Well, Hellsing Ultimate, is an intense gory anime. Berserk is another one you would prob like, recommend reading the manga version though, seen how the anime is only abit of the overall story. Also Noein and Ergo Proxy.
Dec 14, 2009 8:44 PM

Oct 2009
Daijin said:
good taste in anime

Daijin said:
rated code geass 10

wat
Dec 15, 2009 1:51 AM

Sep 2009
Lith said:
Daijin said:
good taste in anime

Daijin said:
rated code geass 10

wat

look at your fuckin avatar before comparing tastes.

More topics from this board

» 150 Chapters Manhwa/Manhua

Nizalich - Apr 21

2 by ST63LTH »»
48 minutes ago

» New(ish) Manga Reader in Need of Recommendations!

Wakarimas-en - 10 hours ago

3 by Toha »»
2 hours ago

» Similar animes to Tengoku Daimakyou ( 1 2 )

Salvaged - Apr 21

67 by Natedog22 »»
4 hours ago

» Planning to watch Sousou no Frieren

WitchDoc - Apr 18

10 by Faisal-Abdulhadi »»
6 hours ago

» Seeking Recommendations from My "Plan to Watch" List

vansonbee - Apr 19

21 by radrocket »»
7 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.