Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 29, 2015 2:33 AM

Mar 2015
I've noticed a lot of people are watching Innocence without having watched Stand Alone Complex. This is a huge mistake and will likely lead to you getting very confused in Innocence. Innocence also takes place after both seasons of SAC on the timeline, so don't be deceived by that number "2". Hopefully someone is saved by this thread!
Jul 29, 2015 3:42 AM

Jan 2015
I don't know about that. I always thought the movies, SAC and Arise were actually all in different universes. What about Innocence is confusing if you haven't seen SAC?
Jul 29, 2015 9:21 AM

Oct 2009
Can't tell if he's trolling or not.

As the previous poster stated, Innocence is not set after (or before) SAC, they are set in alternate universes.

The only chronologically required viewing before Innocence is Oshii's 1995 Ghost in the Shell movie.
Jul 29, 2015 11:12 AM

Mar 2015
BVerfG said:
I don't know about that. I always thought the movies, SAC and Arise were actually all in different universes. What about Innocence is confusing if you haven't seen SAC?

All the diving and hacking stuff is expanded upon so much in SAC. I'm fairly sure had I not watched SAC I would have been lost in the part with Kim.

I actually didn't realize that they were different universes but my bad.
Feb 7, 12:15 AM

Aug 2020
Halkenburg said:
I've noticed a lot of people are watching Innocence without having watched Stand Alone Complex. This is a huge mistake and will likely lead to you getting very confused in Innocence. Innocence also takes place after both seasons of SAC on the timeline, so don't be deceived by that number "2". Hopefully someone is saved by this thread!

Not really Innocence is apart of Osshi's movie adaptation universe the Tv Shows are more Kenji Kamiyama Osshi is only credited with a story composition and concept for 2nd GiG besides Innocence is directly about how Motoko fuses with the PuppetMaster and becomes a new lifeform on the net

SAC and the 1995 film + innocence are adaptations of the same source material the manga but they don't have the same storyline or universe Same goes for Arise or the Live-Action Movie they are all different takes on the concept and formula of the series with the general characters all remaining the same except for a few details
Mar 28, 7:19 AM

Aug 2013
I don't think there's anything to be confused about. Innocence's narrative can be a bit obtuse but the plot is pretty straight forward. I just watched yesterday and the only thing I didn't get was why the gynoids went haywire at the end, but that's more of a plot point. My subtitles were shit too.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

aero - Aug 8, 2008

81 by Satyr_icon »»
Mar 28, 7:24 AM

» Does anyone know why this movie is called "Innocence"?

R_2_R - Jul 30, 2022

6 by El-Melloi »»
Oct 7, 2022 10:05 AM

» GITS 2nd movie, for those who DID watch it

kalepf22 - Apr 13, 2021

4 by anime-prime »»
Apr 14, 2021 2:08 AM

» New DVD coming out.

tabernac - Jan 17, 2017

1 by tabernac »»
Jan 20, 2017 12:04 PM

» Overkill

Kayrhandros - Apr 15, 2007

4 by Naratchi »»
Jun 2, 2010 11:32 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.