Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 27, 2015 1:17 PM

Mar 2013
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Man, what a cliffhanger lol... I'm dying to get the answers from the questions thrown at me from this chapter, and maybe it was the translation, but why did Xiao Yan ask his master to explain because if I'm not mistaken the names of the master and the man they talked about didn't match.
Jul 27, 2015 1:34 PM
Anime Moderator
᠎ Master Öqvily᠎

Aug 2014
I can't believe that he lost four of the most valuable rings he had.. Useless.

Forum set made by my
secret santa, Nate!
Jul 28, 2015 1:35 AM

Jul 2015
wooo!!!

Forgot about that one...

The secret of the master. From what I remember, the master was killed and was in this for revenge, I think. this emperor is probably the one he encountered during the flashback about his life...

Probably...

Jicetus said:
I can't believe that he lost four of the most valuable rings he had.. Useless.

all those sweat and blood earned treasures, gone because of the Xiao's gullibility. He's suppose to be portrayed as smart? what is this? too inconsistent....
Apr 10, 2017 10:43 AM

Jun 2011
I guess I'll take a break here, this is getting really tedious to read to be honest, and it's very disappointing because it started pretty well. For one thing, I really disliked the forced comedic moment in this series, and it wasn't like that at the very beginning, it wasn't until mid way chapter 30 ish that I notice the change, that for some reason the author had to insert some sort of unfunny jokes to lessen the tension. There's a lot more perverted jokes now too, which are to be honest, just plain creepy, like the little sis/lolicon joke.

The story also doesn't seem to really have a direction, and I would be fine if they introduce some really nice characters but it seems like he'll have an encounter with a girl everytime, and his narcissistic tendency when he's with the girls kind of annoy me, when he's spouting shit like Xun Er is the only one for him, but proceed to somewhat flirt with the other girls or even have impure thought of them. This shit reminds me of SAO season 2 with Kirito and Sinon, it's trashy writing and inconsistent to the characters. Fanservice is fanservice, you don't destroy one person's character for fanservice, it's a separated matter and should be treated as one.

There's also been a period where Xiao Yan doesn't really progress in term of power level, that kinda make the series feel rather stale for that extended period. Another thing about battle level is that it is way too dependent on the battle rank instead of individual skill. Too many "oh you're lower ranked than me, you are nothing", we rarely see battle of similar rank and what not. Xiao Yan is only winning out most of the disadvantageous battle because he's the MC and he gets random power ups or random protection out of nowhere.

At this point, after the "revenge" battle with the Na Lan family, there's really nothing else that makes me look forward to further progression of the main character, Xiao Yan. I've heard of some spoilers about the pairing and all that and it makes me even less interested in continuing the series but I just couldn't drop it after spending a week reading just this.

Pairing spoiler:
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fights Break Sphere Chapter 178 Discussion

Monad - May 2, 2017

1 by Seigeengine »»
Jan 3, 6:35 AM

Poll: » Fights Break Sphere Chapter 109 Discussion

Jicetus - Aug 2, 2015

6 by Seigeengine »»
Jan 1, 2:00 PM

Poll: » Fights Break Sphere Chapter 100 Discussion

Jicetus - Jul 28, 2015

3 by Seigeengine »»
Jan 1, 1:11 PM

» Medusa

bushman66 - May 1, 2022

0 by bushman66 »»
May 1, 2022 6:53 PM

Poll: » Fights Break Sphere Chapter 192 Discussion

MortalMelancholy - Apr 15, 2017

2 by Jeenah1991 »»
Feb 20, 2022 1:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.