Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 27, 2015 8:20 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This episode is nice.

It has more plot focus since it focuses more on Shirayuki's path to become a professional herbalist starting with the exams. Pacing felt kinda slow but I like it still. I'm not sure how well prepared she is though but I think Shirayuki got this if she is focused enough. The amount of knowledge she has regarding the art of medicine is noticeable. Quite an intelligent girl.

Stark700Jul 27, 2015 9:39 AM
Jul 27, 2015 8:30 AM

Nov 2007
Court Pharmacy test. Getting into full of hurbs. The hurb being plant affecting badly to the water to be sweet?? The head of the pharmacy saw the situation and fond of her. She got her in the team and put that little boy as sempai. So the mistake was part of the test that thought by him.

There's a rumor about him to the extend that they are afraid of drinking medicine that he provided. She was also given the record of the prince, who got poisoned at age 13. She cries for him, who came to comfort her from the little boy calling him. He's such a cutie!! (Immediately into relations for my club)

More about Nobu's character next?
tsubasaloverJul 27, 2015 8:35 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jul 27, 2015 9:37 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
AMAZING episode! Really peaceful and i got sucked in so fast in this episode.

Shirayuki and Zen are the best pairing in a long time. We get to know that Zen is vulnerable in terms of health.

Ryu is a great kid, too, already liking him.
Jul 27, 2015 9:46 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
One more slow episode, with the introduction of a new character. I thought it was pretty funny how Ryuu picked up his stuff and walked away once Shirayuki came close to him. I bet he was thinking "Better escape before I fall in love with this Onee-chan." :3

Shirayuki crying after knowing more about Zen's health felt a bit cheesy.. I guess it was nice seeing Zen coming to comfort her though.

Jul 27, 2015 10:08 AM

Nov 2009

Loved seeing all the herbs and flowers.
Jul 27, 2015 10:10 AM

Jul 2014
Good episode as well as good adaptation from the manga. Watching this episode and the past ones, Akagami no Shirayukihime feels so cheesy with the romance however it is a shoujo after all and most shoujo romances are too. I still like the Zen and Shirayuki ship over other shoujo pairs.
Jul 27, 2015 10:12 AM

Jun 2015
Comfortable episode, makes for easy-viewing... feels like Zen/Shirayuki's rship leveled up upon her knowing about his med history. Also like Ryu's introduction and glad he's a good kid.
More screen time for Zen's pals in future episodes I hope! ^^

Jul 27, 2015 10:13 AM

Dec 2014
I really like this series so far. I still enjoy fairy tale-like stories even though I am not a kid. I'm glad that these characters have actual personalities and aren't like 1 dimensional dummies. Oh boy, how that annoys me greatly.

I'm eagerly awaiting the next episode and I want to learn more about little Ryuu (he's so adorable!).
Jul 27, 2015 10:14 AM

Apr 2015
Good episode. Shirayuki passes the test and becomes Ryu's assistant, who's a nice kid. It also shows that she cares about Zen a lot, according to when she found out he's been deliberately poisoned. Scenery was pleasant to see.
Jul 27, 2015 10:16 AM

Feb 2009
I really like this show, and this episode was calming and really interesting. Zen and Shirayuki's relationship just continues to grow in such a natural way, and Ryu is a really cute boy. Can't wait til next week!

Jul 27, 2015 10:23 AM

Jul 2011
loved mitsuhid during ryu's last scene, tit was just perfect.

also i feel like i was/am similar to ryu... i wonder how his character came up.
Jul 27, 2015 10:45 AM

Jul 2013
shirayuki is such a stupid character... imo her personality is the weak point of the show.. which is pretty bad, since it's whole point of the show
she has to calm her titties or this show will suck completely
retepetersJul 27, 2015 10:49 AM
Jul 27, 2015 10:49 AM

Aug 2010
So they merged chapters 4 and 5, no complaints there. Some things were omitted and they changed how Ryuu was introduced but great adaptation as usual :3 There were more emotions and effect in the manga as to how that patient didn't want to drink Ryuu's medicine though.
Ryuu is adorbs and Zen x Shirayuki, strong as always~ At this pace it looks like they'll probably end season 1 at around chapter 13 (at least I hope they do and not rush anything).

Edit: Just watched the preview, moar Shirayuki awesomeness next arc and OBIIIIIII <33
HiyuuTJul 27, 2015 11:05 AM
Jul 27, 2015 10:51 AM

Mar 2014
best boy ryuu spotted. jackpot.
Jul 27, 2015 11:07 AM

May 2013
HiyuuT said:
So they merged chapters 4 and 5, no complaints there. Some things were omitted and they changed how Ryuu was introduced but great adaptation as usual :3 There were more emotions and effect in the manga as to how that patient didn't want to drink Ryuu's medicine though.
Ryuu is adorbs and Zen x Shirayuki, strong as always~ At this pace it looks like they'll probably end season 1 at around chapter 13 (at least I hope they do and not rush anything).

Oh hell no, they cant just end it on chapter 13, they MUST reach chapter 14 and no matter how u look at it it's the best chapter to finish a cour, Finally picked up the pace and adapted 2 chapters in one episode, now I don't have to worry if it will reach 14 or not, pretty sure it will
Jul 27, 2015 11:17 AM

Feb 2014
Loved the episode! Shirayuki and Zen's moment alone was pretty sweet, really loving the characters!!

Ryuu looks like a great character, hoping to see more of him in the future.
And Shirayuki looked more beautiful than usual, those solo pictures of her were really pretty.
Jul 27, 2015 11:27 AM

Jul 2014
I've not enjoyed this as much as most in the previous episodes, but now I see why people like it so much. This episode was absolutely fantastic in every way, though I do wonder why Zen allowed Ryu to poison him so much. It seems like a really stupid idea, given that he could've easily died from any of those posions if the symptoms were anything to go by.
Jul 27, 2015 11:31 AM
Sep 2013
well, i know something bad is on that medical record and there you go, seeing Shirayuki cries like that is kinda unexpected but i kinda know where that come from.

New character introduced, some kind of anti-social one, and already falling for Shirayuki.

Well, Zen is quite jealous there lol
Jul 27, 2015 11:33 AM
Jul 2018
Ryuu looks like a great character!

The moment between Zen and Shirayuki was sweet!
Jul 27, 2015 11:35 AM

Jul 2011
danieltortoisee said:
I've not enjoyed this as much as most in the previous episodes, but now I see why people like it so much. This episode was absolutely fantastic in every way, though I do wonder why Zen allowed Ryu to poison him so much. It seems like a really stupid idea, given that he could've easily died from any of those posions if the symptoms were anything to go by.

you've misunderstood the situation just so much...

or maybe i have? now i'm getting confused.

i thought zen wanted to build up the poison immunity and ryu's mentor just so happened to be interested in poison plants(interest that got transered to ryu) or at least so i understood.

if it was like you said, shirayuki wouldn't have been friends with ryu, right?
Jul 27, 2015 11:43 AM
Feb 2013
the episodes keep getting better and better! it was nice to see all these emotional scenes where shirayuki found out one more thing about zen with his situation with poison and became even closer! on top of that, shirayuki made it as a court herbalist with her own efforts ending up with ryu as her supervisor and was able to meet one of her goals! oh and super kawai to see how zen came to check up on shirayuki on how shes doing with her exam! XD
babyblue999Jul 27, 2015 11:47 AM
Jul 27, 2015 11:55 AM

Dec 2010
Great episode!!! Shirayuki is perfect, I swear, haha. <3
Jul 27, 2015 12:18 PM

Feb 2012
Ryuu is adorable.
This episode was a lot better than the past two
Jul 27, 2015 12:34 PM

Feb 2015
Shirayuki is pretty damn intelligent when it comes to herbs. There was really no suspense as to if she'll pass the exam or not...

Ryu is so cute! I wanna cuddle him! ^_^
Jul 27, 2015 12:59 PM

Jun 2012
kataklism said:

Well he was the one who misunderstood, cause if Zen was poisoned by Ryu when he was 13 years old, than Ryu would be... you get the ideia.
Jul 27, 2015 1:00 PM

Jul 2014
kataklism said:
danieltortoisee said:

i thought zen wanted to build up the poison immunity and ryu's mentor just so happened to be interested in poison plants(interest that got transered to ryu) or at least so i understood.

I'm sure that something along those lines was going on, I was just questioning whether it was a worthwhile risk, given that he really could've died if something went wrong (though I don't suppose that was likely to happen given Ryu's expertise with poisons). And why would someone want to specifically build up an immunity to poison anyway? Seems a bit random as far as I'm concerned.
Jul 27, 2015 1:15 PM

Jul 2011
danieltortoisee said:
kataklism said:

I'm sure that something along those lines was going on, I was just questioning whether it was a worthwhile risk, given that he really could've died if something went wrong (though I don't suppose that was likely to happen given Ryu's expertise with poisons). And why would someone want to specifically build up an immunity to poison anyway? Seems a bit random as far as I'm concerned.

well you know , he's a prince, and royalty is extremely exposed to poisons and stuff, i think it'd actually be only normal.

Apr 2012
Zen and Shirayuki <3

This ep introduced Ryu who i know will be awesome throughout the series!

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

May 2014
danieltortoisee said:
kataklism said:

Royalty has always been a target of poisoning.. Building immunity through controlled
administration of poisons with reduced strength can (apparently) reduce the effect of those he's been immunized with..

In other words, it boils down to increasing his chance of survival in case he's poisoned.

Edit: partly ninja'd.
konatachan80Jul 27, 2015 1:23 PM
Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!
-- Lord fifth
Jul 27, 2015 1:32 PM

Jun 2012
danieltortoisee said:

Dude no offense but you seem to be making some rather dumb questions... It's a common fact that poison is the easiest way to kill someone without raising a fuss for the one who used it, now imagine this in the past with no forensics.
Since medieval times royalty were the primary targets of death by poisoning, especially when there were disputes because of the throne. I don't see how this could be random when the title of the anime is "Snow White"...
About the Prince willingly building a immunity, I haven't read the manga, but I suppose that he has done it because of a trauma or something, maybe someone dear to him died poisoned, like the king or queen. It could explain why the court takes so much attention to herbalists.
Jul 27, 2015 1:41 PM

Jul 2014
Nice ep. Very light and serene, and not too cheesy. Also following the manga quite well :)
Jul 27, 2015 1:48 PM

Jul 2014
This show is so comforting and enjoyable. This is, to me, the best episode so far.
Ryu is really cute especially when he was trying to say Shirayuki's name
[center][/center]
Jul 27, 2015 2:22 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Hooraaaaaaay for Shirayuki on her passing the exam :D Man I love strong her drive and determination is

Ryu is a really cute and nice kid and I just want to see him be happy and the Chief Herbalist lady seems pretty nice and and fun too (Especially when she's with that assistant guy lol

And last but not least, Dem Ren x Shirayuki moments were just beyond adorable, those two are like perfect together
Jul 27, 2015 2:28 PM
Jun 2015
A very relaxing episode, as per usual with this series. The type of episode where you can get a cup of coffee, sit back, kick your legs up like a boss and just unwind to it. We got introduced to Ryu, and seems like a pretty dope character so far. Can't wait to learn more about him.
Jul 27, 2015 2:33 PM

Jul 2010
SO GUD, SOOO GUUD.

Btw, is Zen perhaps Geralt? lol
Jul 27, 2015 2:49 PM

Jan 2015
God oh god that was so sweet !! Ryuu was so cute, he has such a sensitive and delicate personality, on the other side he's got skills and brains, he can only be loved *o* that moment when Shirayuki and Zen hugged was awesome, that scene was so emotional and overly sweet *faints*
Jul 27, 2015 3:30 PM

Dec 2014
i really like this anime, very relaxing
Jul 27, 2015 3:48 PM

Oct 2013
Meh I found this terrible compared to the other episodes.
Jul 27, 2015 4:52 PM

Sep 2012
Such a cute episode! XD Almost squealed like three times or so throughout. I really love this story so much. I'm glad Ryu was introduced (and he looks fairly normal). I can't wait until they get to chapter 15 (I think that's the one?).

The pacing is nice, and as usual the (main) characters are all adorable and likable (for the most part). Zen/Shirayuki all the way!!! (And holy crap, Ryu was so cute when he was trying to say Shirayuki's name! And that hug... >/////<)

xikarra said:
This show is so cute. Shirayuki is cute, Zen is cute, Ryu is cute. Everybody is cute.

"It's a conversation through instruments. A miracle that creates harmony. In that moment, music transcends words." - Miyazono Kaori
"Laziness is the mother of all bad habits. But ultimately she is a mother and we should respect her." - Nara Shikamaru
"You think you're special? You're not. Everyone lies, everyone hides things... Nobody makes it through this life being completely honest." - Orihara Izaya
Jul 27, 2015 4:58 PM

Jun 2013
Really good episode! :)
Jul 27, 2015 5:04 PM

Dec 2014
It's really weird finding a shojo adaptation having this high quality level of writing, things actually got set up and resolved, characters act reasonably and believably, every plot elements have their purposes, and it actually develops and utilizes it's premise pretty well. Oh yeah, and the presentation is just wonderful. It won't be phenomenal or popular, but it's definitely doing things extremely well. Hope they keep this level of energy all the way through second season.

[size=250]What are you doing here?

It reminds me I've seen this face and being asked this question many times...some ended up fine, some not...
raveninthemuddleJul 27, 2015 5:18 PM
Jul 27, 2015 5:31 PM

Jan 2011
Well pretty clearly other people can see the developing relationship between Zen and Shirayuki (based on the chief herbalist's asides). That was a nice scene with her tears when she finds out about the ordeal he's been through (subjecting yourself to a regime of poisoning would be pretty awful), and his comforting her with the embrace. I think they make a good couple.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Jul 27, 2015 6:13 PM

Mar 2015
I really loved this episode - the best one yet, so far. The music and the scenes connect really well, especially that moment with Zen & Shirayuki. Best 5/5
Jul 27, 2015 6:24 PM

Jun 2015
Best Episode Yet! We finally meet the loli.
Read Toriko!
Jul 27, 2015 6:42 PM

Feb 2010
Shirayuki is a BAMF.

Ryu is adorable.
Stark700 said:

These two are just.. the besttttt. <333
Jul 27, 2015 6:43 PM

May 2014
Perfect.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 27, 2015 7:16 PM

Dec 2009
Ryu is so adorable~ <3

Big Vers.
Jul 27, 2015 7:19 PM

May 2015
raveninthemuddle said:
It's really weird finding a shojo adaptation having this high quality level of writing, things actually got set up and resolved, characters act reasonably and believably, every plot elements have their purposes, and it actually develops and utilizes it's premise pretty well. Oh yeah, and the presentation is just wonderful. It won't be phenomenal or popular, but it's definitely doing things extremely well. Hope they keep this level of energy all the way through second season.
I concur. It’s been a while since I watch a Shōjo with this kind of writing (like you explain in your post) I also hope the show maintains the quality in the writing department…
Jul 27, 2015 7:38 PM

Sep 2013
Obviously Ryu likes Shirayuki. I dont really care about him though. Cute episode overall. We get to see more Shirayuki x Zen moments.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Jul 27, 2015 8:02 PM

Jul 2012
Gah, this anime makes me feel so refreshed, relaxed, and all fluffy and warm on the inside. I love this series so much. I'm starting to get used to the art, but it can still be improved. I personally quite like the pacing so far. They're very faithful to the manga.

Ryu is so adorable! Such a precious kid. He's in my top for favorite characters.
Mitsuhide was so cute internally cheering Ryu on to say Shirayuki's name!

And the hug between Zen and Shirayuki was so sweet... Love the two so much!

kayune_Jul 27, 2015 8:29 PM
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akagami no Shirayuki-hime Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2015

166 by nyaasar »»
Mar 11, 3:15 PM

» Any anime’s similar to this one?

slutforhange - Aug 21, 2021

13 by Zarutaku »»
Feb 7, 8:58 AM

Poll: » Akagami no Shirayuki-hime Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2015

209 by XxEMOxKONATAxX »»
Jan 30, 8:10 PM

Poll: » Akagami no Shirayuki-hime Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2015

189 by XxEMOxKONATAxX »»
Jan 30, 6:35 PM

Poll: » Akagami no Shirayuki-hime Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Aug 24, 2015

127 by XxEMOxKONATAxX »»
Jan 26, 9:13 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.