Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »
Jul 31, 2015 4:53 AM

Jul 2014
A tedious complaint, but why didn't the Aragami attack the helicopter?
"Hi!"
Jul 31, 2015 9:29 PM

May 2008
O.M.G. episode 3 was bad ass. The MC has certainly proved his worth and is finally learning how to operate his God Eater and we finally see what all the hype is about with the 'new-types'. They've certainly got an advantage. Seems they have an extra ability besides just being able to change between a gun and a blade. Definitely looks like this will be my AotS and it's definitely the series I look forward to the next episode the most of those I picked up. Can't wait to see what episode 4 has in store for us.
Aug 1, 2015 11:15 AM

Dec 2013
Dude. Best episode until now. They really make Alisa more badass in the anime, her moves were god-like. LOL

Lenka is becoming better, and I hope that he and Alisa become good rivals, also that X slash they made with the red and green color as effect <3

Next episode is finally Kota time? I want to see him in action. ;-;

OST is godly as always and if someone can answer me, I can't remember who that huge Aragami was... Maybe Ouroboros, I think?
Aug 1, 2015 11:38 AM
Jan 2014
I am really interested in this anime and in this series,despite Namco's antics with it in the west.

1)Each episode's name is a caracter's name,so I imagine that this first batch of episodes will introduce and focus on the caracters. After everyone is introduced,we will probably be going to more plot focused episodes.

2) The objective of this anime is to promote god eater ressurection. So I imagine that until the game's released in October they will probably keep the plot to a minimum. Or maybe the anime will end in October and it's purpose is to simply introduce people to it,hence it will have just a prologue plot,idk.

3) Whenever something gets popular,like Ufotable, some refuse come out of the internet sewer in order to be a trendy basher. If someone does not like the game or anime,simply don't come here. I appreciate it.

Well,one thing that amazes me is the ufotable quality in the animation. it doesn't look as impressive as unlimited blade works,but it is still quite impressive.
Aug 1, 2015 1:33 PM

Jan 2014
KamiCity said:
Here-Hear said:

^ I feel sorry for ufotable fans who for looked forward to bland eater
I'll repeat, is bland the cool new word to use? Since all I see is a bunch of bland comments here.

Last year it was edgy, this year it's bland.
It's easier just to ignore the shitposting and watch what you want.
Granted, I did drop this series.
I love Christine

"If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. He will put some things behind, will pass an invisible boundary; In proportion as he simplifies his life, the laws of the universe will appear less complex, and solitude will not be solitude, nor poverty poverty, nor weakness weakness." - Henry David Thoreau

Aug 1, 2015 2:42 PM

Jan 2011
Despite the many durp things I actually enjoy this one. Guess it's the unique direction and art style.
I just hope there will be a good main story...
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Aug 2, 2015 3:24 AM
Feb 2007
YEEART said:
A tedious complaint, but why didn't the Aragami attack the helicopter?

And the humongous Aragami actually went for the helicopter decoy. I seriously laughed more than I should. -.-;

The art style really gets me. I mean, I played God Eater Burst from way back and the animation for the opening was hella amazing, I wished that time it would actually be adapted to anime someday. But now its here and I can't say I'm impressed. But I'll continue watching since I'm a really big fan. Its just so disappointing how everything is being executed. I'm just glad the VA's are doing their job nicely.

I just hope the people who never played the game would understand what's really happening D:
Aug 2, 2015 6:37 AM

Apr 2008
I honestly think this has been the best animation I've ever seen in an anime. This style is amazeballs. I don't think this style could work on a lot of anime, it's very specific and it works great on this series. I love the slow story-line, you don't always need fast paced shows to keep you interested. The story line can still be developed, I don't know what people are complaining about really. But I'm easily entertained...
<3
Aug 2, 2015 7:31 AM

Nov 2011
No new episode this week.

We got a special episode of live action commentary relating to the design of the show like character designs, VA, etc.
Aug 2, 2015 8:03 AM

Jul 2008
That monster at the end, not going to be easy to take down one so huge and has an aerial advantage.
Aug 2, 2015 8:25 AM
Jul 2018
ShanaFlame said:
That monster at the end, not going to be easy to take down one so huge and has an aerial advantage.

Yeah, Want in-game spoilers? But is doable.
Aug 2, 2015 8:31 AM

Mar 2009
Of course Alisa is one of 'those' female MCs.
Atleast we get a good paced action from the start. Not like a particular other series with a female lead that airs this season.
Aug 2, 2015 1:15 PM

Sep 2013
ShanaFlame said:

A couple of nukes will take care of it.
And just shows that humanity never should have gotten to this point either.
They couldn't suppress the initial outbreak? what a joke.
Aug 2, 2015 11:13 PM

Oct 2008
I bet Lenka thinks: "I'm a New-Type also B!tch!" haha
3/5.

Aug 3, 2015 10:30 AM

Aug 2015
I get to know this anime just by chance about one week ago, and im glad to watch it....

About this third episode: Was excellent!!!
From now on you are under my command:

Aug 3, 2015 11:41 AM

Oct 2011
Still not used to the visuals.
Aug 3, 2015 12:39 PM

Jul 2013
ichii_1 said:
ShanaFlame said:

A couple of nukes will take care of it.
And just shows that humanity never should have gotten to this point either.
They couldn't suppress the initial outbreak? what a joke.

in God eater ova they use nuke power plant in base but it's useless there giant aragami snake dragon eat nuke thanks to that soma not die and his team mate survive.

thanks to giant aragami snake dragon save the day and save earth from danger i think not all aragami are bad.

if nuke continue haft of world being destroy by nuke.

here watch ova God Eater Prologue.

http://anilinkz.tv/god-eater-prologue

to be honest human the most dangerous animal in the world they always make mistakes they pollution all around the world and make weapons kill each other plus they one make mistake creat aragami in first place plus human use nuke destroy the earth order kill all aragami and aragami giant snake dragon save all human from nuke.

we human always fight each what right or wrong and abandoned others order save our seft that happen in god eater ova anime will there still good people i know not all people are bad.

from story zero prologue

Soma Schicksal. young Rindou Lindow Amamiya and his young big sister Tsubaki Amamiya only 3 of them.

Utsugi, Lenka and others it's not in this story yet.

danteinferno111Aug 3, 2015 1:18 PM
Aug 5, 2015 9:56 AM

Jan 2013
That monster at the end is it Ouroburos or Amaterasu?

Oh, I forgot... Alisa's underboobs is bad ass! kekeke
Pyon2WarpKunAug 5, 2015 10:00 AM
Aug 5, 2015 4:00 PM

May 2012
Mattakun said:
That monster at the end is it Ouroburos or Amaterasu?

Oh, I forgot... Alisa's underboobs is bad ass! kekeke

spoiler and spoiler lol but
Aug 5, 2015 8:13 PM

May 2014
Tokoya said:
We got ourselves a nice little rivalry between our two New Types and I like it a lot...Great action all around in this episode

I expected to end up loving Alisa and I'm glad to see that my expectations, especially the ones I made last week we're all met. This girl is pretty damn badass and her use of her God Eater was really impressive but what I ended up liking the most were her ideals

I can't take anything away from Renka and Lindow either because they both had badass moments and I'm really glad to see that Renka used Alisa as a guide as how to use his God Eater and that he ended up learning how to use it really well

That giant Aragami at the end tho O_O And those scientists really fucked up too (I won't be surprised if they are responsible for the creation of super or those giant Aragami's). OST was epic yet again and the animation maintained it's quality

Overall, great episode, Alisa FTW

yeah, shit got real in the end. that was a big m***therf****er
Aug 6, 2015 5:04 AM
Nov 2009
I liked the fight scenes. I liked how the God arc can extend that long, since the game counterpart had a very short range.

Other than that...yup. I find the general episode to be alright. I don't know if Alica should've died like twice over jumping all over the plane. Ahaha.
Aug 6, 2015 6:30 AM

Dec 2012
I love the animation, Ufotable are so good. There is no story or almost not, but like everyone says, it's a Monster Hunter like.
This huge Aragami is impressive.
Aug 6, 2015 10:31 AM

Feb 2012
Well, it was a very entertaining episode :D
Aug 6, 2015 8:45 PM

Mar 2015
Enjoyed this one. The camerawork of the action scenes (particularly the part where Alisa attacks Lenga) is superb, and the overall kineticism is up there with the better fights of UBW's first cour.

I heard Hirao is going to be experimenting with the next few episodes. Extremely excited.

3/5
Aug 6, 2015 9:33 PM

Aug 2013
I know this is a videogame adaptation and all, but God (no pun intended) can't they make the dialogues more endearing to watch ? And is it just me or Rindou's VA is too much of a sloth to give a flying fuck on his role here ? (Or is he supposed to be that way ?) His voice sounds so void and lazy so far.

Man i really hope Alisa will appear regularly from now on. So far she's the only saving grace of this show.
Aug 7, 2015 6:03 AM

Aug 2015
The fighting animations are great (as expected of ufotable)
The story so far was meh.
The characters so far seem to be unlikable especially the MC.

Come on the only thing that is keeping me from watching this is the fact that I played GE on PSP 2 years ago when PSP was relevant, I have high expectations for this since I enjoyed the game and still waiting for GE2 to be localized.

I believe ufo can still pull this off and improve it to the fullest (yeah with all the delaying crap on their episodes, I expect them to improve the series a bit). I'm still planning to watch this though but so far this doesn't deserve a 9-10 grade for me perhaps.
MizunashiAug 7, 2015 6:20 AM
Aug 7, 2015 6:39 AM
Mar 2014
people need to realize that this is a completely action-oriented show. I admit that if they tried, they could've made it much better by actually sticking to the game's protagonist (as in, creating an original, interesting character) and keeping Lenka as a supporting character while adding some anime-original depth to all of them, and while I would've probably immensely enjoyed it if they did, they never announced they'd do anything like that. All they said was that they were going to adapt the hack & slash GEB game into an anime.

Basically, if a full-blown action show isn't for you, you're welcome to drop GE -- since the focus of this show is undoubtedly the action. Otherwise, you shouldn't criticize it for what it isn't, since it's not something it was ever meant to be.
Rinth said:
Every opinion is not equal. Some opinions are simply made out of shit.

nasuverse > your favorite anime
Aug 8, 2015 7:03 AM
Aug 2015
First of all, i would like to say that i am not a fan of any particular animation studios. I'm not here to bash Ufotable's work. Every now and then, i would watch an anime off of some popular list somewhere online or look for something someone i know has recommended. It has been awhile since i've seen an anime this bad and so i felt the need to google reviews for it to see what othes have to say.

AnimeFanJoe123 said:
I love how most of the people hating on the show won't actually give you a reason why if you ask them. They'll just use a one liner and blow you off. "The show is generic, get blocked kid." If you're going to shit on a show, actually have a legitimate reason to do so. "It's generic" is not one. This site is full of pessimistic assholes that think they're elitists and what they say should be taken as gospel. It's sickening.

If you actually look through this topic, you'll see that many people have provided reasons why they dislike this anime. I've noticed that you have a tendency to resort to name calling when someone disagrees with how you feel about this anime. Also, i don't think anyone really hates this anime. They just simply don't like it for various reasons. I think maybe you should tell us why you like this anime and try so hard to defend it instead.

I would also say that the plot of this anime is rather "bland", but i see that there is someone on here who has a problem with that word for whatever reason so i will use words like uninteresting, monotonous, dry, and lackluster to describe it instead. The characters and dialogue make me cringe... The character movements during the action scenes are so cheesy. What also bothers me most is how the anime brings the 1st Unit and Lindow up to seem like such badasses, but when the fighting actually happens, you don't really see any display of skills. Lindow's badassery seems too exaggerated. Those slow-mo scenes... They need to seriously lay off with those slow-mo scenes.
Aug 8, 2015 4:50 PM

Feb 2013
Best-girl Alisa confirmed to be the only reason to watch this trainwreck planewreck.

Nice shoes.
Aug 8, 2015 6:51 PM

Aug 2010
BurntJelly said:
Best-girl Alisa confirmed to be the only reason to watch this trainwreck planewreck.

Nice shoes.

plz. It's all about dat hat.
Aug 9, 2015 9:07 AM

May 2015
3/5 episode; god eaters don't care for physics xD
Alisa owned Lenka on so many levels ..
The animation is original and enjoyable ... and ... um ... original ..
Good episode overall , not epic, but good
Aug 9, 2015 11:03 AM

Jul 2009
Alisa sure knows what she's doing eh :P The fact that they can use their weapons to EAT the Aragami for ammo is super cool XD Of course somehow Lenka manages to figure out everything for the battle at the end, which was pretty sick. Just realized Rintou's VA was Kotetsu and Mutta XD Also, am I the only one bugged by the fact that Sakuya didn't bring the helicopter pilot with her when she jumped off it? :S
That Aragami at the end sure was freaking huge O_O The flashbacks seem to pretty much show that the Oracle cells reacted unexpectedly and went out of control. Looks like Lenka's going to the 1st unit maybe, and the return of Kouta too I think ... too bad no more Soma? :(
Aug 9, 2015 11:11 PM
Apr 2015
HandsomeMan said:

If the anime does flop, it won't be because of things like outsourcing, but because of Japan's genre taste (they love idol anime more than anything if I remember correctly). The animation is pretty fantastic. It's unique but it fits well into the series. I just wish they toned down the fanservice. Come on just one anime where you don't put the camera right underneath a female character's breasts to maximize the viewing angle...

As if western viewers' taste matters.
Aug 9, 2015 11:24 PM
Apr 2015
This is definitely the best episode so far. Pacing issue mostly disappeared. The visual is awesome, and I am getting used to the character art, and once that occurs I think everything matches ufotable's quality level from artwork perspective.

The fight animation is quite good - the aerial combat gives me goosebumps looking at them jumping around; luckily the physics there doesn't follow ours or they would have all perished. The god eater transformation is very cool. I think they could still give it a bit more oomph though.

but there is still too much standing around with the aragamis just waiting to be slaughtered; they didn't attack the interior of the plane with the cargo door being wide-open during the whole time - I guess they were waiting for the foreplay show of Lenka and Alisa.

Looks like the scientists were the culprit of the apocalypse. Too bad at least one survived - they should've followed horror show rules and perish.

The giant aragami in the end is freaking crazy awesome.
boukendeshoAug 9, 2015 11:30 PM
Aug 12, 2015 9:37 AM

May 2014
Wow at first I wanted to only wanted to note how hot Alissa is, but this episode has far more for us šŸ˜
First of the action scenes in this episode, very nice. Alissa very nice. And that big-ass monster at the end of the episode, I was expecting a cliffhanger with them fighting it but it never came. Very nice.
I am looking forward to their future battle.

TAMinator said:
Id let Alisa headlock me any day
Aug 16, 2015 7:51 AM

Jul 2008
TenRX said:
ShanaFlame said:

Yeah, Want in-game spoilers? But is doable.
Oh no need, I researched it but didn't wanna spoil the ones who haven't played the game :)
Aug 16, 2015 7:01 PM

May 2012
wasnt too impressed with the first 2 episodes but this one was relatively good, aside from a generic premise and characters this is kinda cool, i can probably get into this lol
Sep 2, 2015 1:22 PM

Jul 2013
I like the ending. That submission was hot!
Sep 2, 2015 11:38 PM

Sep 2015
Alisa's kind of different in anime and PSP game.. haha but i still like her!
"Normal couples are allowed except for those who are in the third world :3."
Sep 28, 2015 1:08 PM

May 2013
Lol, Alisa just beat up Lenka.
As a New-Type, Lenka's a fast learner, but Alisa got some style points.
Epic back-to-back double slash! Can't wait for them to kill that giant Aragami together. (^_^)
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Oct 26, 2015 3:00 AM

Sep 2015
astroprogs said:
BurntJelly said:

Nice shoes.

plz. It's all about dat hat.

Shit THEM EYES :O and the fact we know she's Russian <3!!!!!

Alisa is definitely a better character right now than Lanka, just the swag and the confidence. Good episode I don't mind the anime ever if I didn't play the games. Hope we get some back story soon though. Nice to see the scientist creating the world's downfall always a nice touch.

4/5
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/QcK_Dagger_HeaT&sclick=1][IMG]
Mar 14, 2016 9:41 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
That was action-packed and fun! Alisa's a badass! Too bad the plot is still generic.

4/5
May 26, 2016 1:16 PM

May 2012
Interesting development, looking forward to see what's next!
Jun 10, 2016 1:53 AM

Jul 2013
What in the hell was that huge ass aragami? An ouroboros? Dude it was not that big in the game! But it sure looks better here though. And more intimidating.

Anyway people here are complaining about this being shitty or whatnot. I think I would be one of them if I did not play the game first. Check it out it's awesome.
Oct 25, 2016 5:29 PM

Dec 2015
It seems like Utsugi is getting the hang of his God Arc. That aragami at the end tho...
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Feb 7, 2017 11:32 PM

Apr 2015
It almost feels like a chore to get through the episodes as they move forward.

I hope it starts to pick up a bit. At the moment it feels like a terrible version of Attack on Titan.
Feb 19, 2017 8:39 PM

Dec 2012
LAWD! DAT SAKUYA BACK AND PANTSU!

LAWD! Get you a waifu who will get in the position for you that fast like Alisa. Lenka you lucky fock.

Loved the oppai shots, but disappointed at the lack of pantsu shots.

Holy crap at that huge Aragami.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Mar 28, 2019 10:36 AM
Feb 2016
Wait, lindow was meant to solo an ouroboros. Guess not anymore
Aug 10, 2020 3:32 PM
May 2020
I finally got used to the animation...

But so far the story is not impressing me, i really hope it'll get better.
Mar 2, 2021 7:42 AM
Oct 2019
is that giant-ass, flying gojira the original specimen? and it's just continued to evolve and grow?

new type chick seems cool enough. under boobs

new type mc dude is whatever. i want to support him. i'm down with the "i want to save everybody" attitude. but how did he just figure out how to use his god eater without ever using it? makes no sense. and then he randomly says "i get it" while fighting? get what? you were literally having your god eater chomped on by one of those creatures. you didn't "get" anything. wtf was that. and then a moment later he magically knows how to eat the flying creatures even though he didn't even know that was a thing just a few minutes before? fuck outta here

too much exposition this episode, with the squad leader talking and explaining everything. yea, we get it. just start fighting, jesus. those things are swarming the plane and yet you spend 5 minutes talking and doing nothing

speaking of which, helicopters CANNOT fly that high. just can't. also, it would be pretty cold and with low O2 at that altitude. so fucking unrealistic. it annoyed me. also, those flying bug monsters attacked the plane but not the helicopter? sigh...this episode was way too illogical

the worst episode of the 3 so far. this was a 5/10 for me. not good at all, but could've been worse. at least there was some entertainment value out of it. but the series has dropped overall, now down to a 6 or 7/10
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » God Eater Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 12, 2015

636 by Karva1 »»
Apr 14, 5:53 PM

» Is this like the worst anime OST ever?

Kayle_x_Morgana - Apr 4, 2022

8 by RudeRedis »»
Mar 2, 7:39 AM

Poll: » God Eater Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2016

255 by Suopi »»
Feb 21, 9:37 AM

» Is it good?

Bijou146 - Jan 18

15 by HenryLeo123 »»
Jan 19, 11:51 AM

Poll: » God Eater Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2016

262 by Tropisch »»
Jan 4, 7:30 PM
Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.