Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 26, 2015 6:59 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Welp, Alisha debuts in action and I do admit that she is kinda awesome.

However, the story still feels blend as hell. Hope we can get some story mechanics going. The action looks nice on paper though in terms of execution along with the action.

I kinda lol'd at her headlock.
Stark700Jul 26, 2015 7:07 AM
Jul 26, 2015 7:51 AM

Apr 2014
i swear i tried giving this a chance

but cmon this is going into shit territory, like every episode gets worse and worse
Jul 26, 2015 7:55 AM

Jun 2014
so, was it a mistake to drop this? nope.
:3
Jul 26, 2015 7:57 AM

Nov 2014
Is it true that there is no episode 4 next week ?
Jul 26, 2015 8:02 AM
May 2015
To everyone: Only GE players will probably stick with this, the game didn't have THAT great of a story (it was a Monster Hunter genre game after all), I think the total cutscenes was only around 2-3 hour?.
SovereignSkyJul 26, 2015 8:11 AM
Jul 26, 2015 8:03 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
The huge ass aragami gave me goosebumps, that was a pretty huge moment.

I'm gonna say that i like Lenka better than Alisa in this episode, don't know, he stole the show a bit. Don't really trust the hype for Alisa atm, she was kind of bland.
Jul 26, 2015 8:04 AM
May 2015
^I'd explain Alisa a bit if I could give game spoilers.
Jul 26, 2015 8:10 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
We got ourselves a nice little rivalry between our two New Types and I like it a lot...Great action all around in this episode

I expected to end up loving Alisa and I'm glad to see that my expectations, especially the ones I made last week we're all met. This girl is pretty damn badass and her use of her God Eater was really impressive but what I ended up liking the most were her ideals

I can't take anything away from Renka and Lindow either because they both had badass moments and I'm really glad to see that Renka used Alisa as a guide as how to use his God Eater and that he ended up learning how to use it really well

That giant Aragami at the end tho O_O And those scientists really fucked up too (I won't be surprised if they are responsible for the creation of super or those giant Aragami's). OST was epic yet again and the animation maintained it's quality

Overall, great episode, Alisa FTW
TokoyaJul 26, 2015 8:16 AM
Jul 26, 2015 8:11 AM
Mar 2012
royaldocks said:
Is it true that there is no episode 4 next week ?

Yes, they are going to air a special related to this series next week. At least going by the episode title, episode 4 should be more story focused than action.
Jul 26, 2015 8:19 AM
Mar 2015
That was pretty but yes the story is a bit bland
Jul 26, 2015 8:22 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Renka getting owned by Alisa was the best part. From the headlock, to the roundhouse and a powerful bash to the shoulder to beat him down.. Pretty hilarious!

Out of context, this looks like.. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Action was decent, I guess. But the plot is still at an insipid stage. The brief focuses on the scientific lab seem interesting, but no idea where the researchers are going with the experiments. Personally, I'd like to see more than just the main leads encountering the Aragami(s) and emerging victorious. Would God Eater be able to deliver that, or eat away at their current pace?

Jul 26, 2015 8:30 AM

Aug 2010
Okay now we're talking. Loved this ep the most til now. Dat Aragami at the end was HOLY SHIT Huge O_o Eat that bitches lol

Lenka impressed me a lot. He's quite the fast learner. I wouldn't say he's on Alisa level but he definitely surprised her.

Loving Alisa way more than I thought. She's not only BA owning while upside down but she's pretty nice it seems.

Dat Chokehold! Dat roundhouse kick. I wanted to be Lenka there...

I could feel the sexual tension when they hit eachother's backs

Loved the double Zura Gin way slash. BA

Animation was no where near Fate level. I've seen much better animation by MH, Mappa and Production IG.
Barion-ZaraJul 26, 2015 8:35 AM
Jul 26, 2015 8:33 AM
Jul 2015
Vindstot said:
Renka getting owned by Alisa was the best part. From the headlock, to the roundhouse and a powerful bash to the shoulder to beat him down.. Pretty hilarious!

Out of context, this looks like.. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Action was decent, I guess. But the plot is still at an insipid stage. The brief focuses on the scientific lab seem interesting, but no idea where the researchers are going with the experiments. Personally, I'd like to see more than just the main leads encountering the Aragami(s) and emerging victorious. Would God Eater be able to deliver that, or eat away at their current pace?

I can feel hundreds of doujins originating from this scene....
Jul 26, 2015 8:40 AM

Jan 2012
That was the best episode so far I'd say. Hopefully it keeps improving.
Jul 26, 2015 8:55 AM

Apr 2014
Well... only action, some flashbacks of the sciene people and a huge ass Aragami. Animation was very bland and 0% of character development. I think i am going to drop this anime
Jul 26, 2015 8:56 AM

Jun 2013
hmm they created their own undoing...
Jul 26, 2015 8:58 AM
Dec 2013
DUDE, that Ouroboros (huge Aragami at the end) was beautiful <3
TheMikaJul 26, 2015 9:12 AM
"If i were to be the protagonist of a story, it would be a tragedy"
Jul 26, 2015 8:59 AM

Dec 2013
Easily the best episode so far! Action was great and the monster at the end was crazy! I wonder if there are anymore like that?

Dem underboobs were glorious!

"I'm going to save everyone" I feel like I have seen this line somewhere before...
Jul 26, 2015 9:03 AM
May 2015
CodeZwei said:
hmm they created their own undoing...

UFOtable? Nah, this is hardly the worst anime ever (not that it's even in that list IMO). They still got HF movies and ToZ anime
Jul 26, 2015 9:09 AM

Sep 2013
Atleast the new chick was hot :)

ShadowBullet said:
Animation was very bland

:O WHAT?!! :(
IT'S "UFOTABLE", HOW DARE YOU, YOU #*@#!!!
SARCASM
Jul 26, 2015 9:12 AM

May 2010
just abit less shitty than the last 2 episodes.but stil trash tier.
Jul 26, 2015 9:13 AM

Dec 2014
Do the makers of this show understand or even know what is sense of flow, urgency or energy? I'm talking not only the script, but also the presentation, because this is one big fail, the characters are inorganic and bland, action is stale and no ups and downs, the monsters are incompetent as hell, the camera works aren't creative and sometimes just inappropriate and confusing, some of the animation especially the facial expression are just down right awkward and monotone. What a waste of digital ink.
Jul 26, 2015 9:14 AM

Dec 2013
can anyone identify the ost that was playing when they were fighting the aragami together on the plane? is it from the game or is it original to the anime?
Jul 26, 2015 9:15 AM

Jul 2014
Didn't think that Ufotable could do something worse than fate/stay night... well, they did.
Jul 26, 2015 9:15 AM

Mar 2015
Good to see the they fixed the bugs with player on MAL.

Blown away my the sea artwork in the first few seconds Its really impressive.

This ep had more of a "Has science gone too far?" feel to it than a AoT or something. Pretty standard explanation of where the aragami came from.

I wonder if theyre will ever be a fight with that huge aragami and whether this series will focus on survival or wiping out the aragami
Jul 26, 2015 9:16 AM

Jun 2015
SovereignSky said:
To everyone: Only GE players will probably stick with this, the game didn't have THAT great of a story (it was a Monster Hunter genre game after all), I think the total cutscenes was only around 2-3 hour?.

agree. Am a GE player, so I'll stick around to see how they deal with it... action scenes for this ep was okay, excitement level will probably get amped up when they deal with bigger dudes in the future eps.

Jul 26, 2015 9:17 AM

Mar 2015
Arcanix said:
Didn't think that Ufotable could do something worse than fate/stay night... well, they did.

be sure to check out Gyo aswell.It's another one of based ufotable masterpieces.
Jul 26, 2015 9:20 AM

Feb 2014
Ouroboros looked so awesome, it seems to be even bigger than in the game. In the next episode we will probably see Kota again.
Jul 26, 2015 9:22 AM
May 2015
Arcanix said:

F/SN ain't even in the worst either. Guessing you're a VN reader?

If you mean UBW, then yes, it was bad in it's 2nd half.
Jul 26, 2015 9:27 AM

May 2010
SovereignSky said:
Arcanix said:

F/SN ain't even in the worst either. Guessing you're a VN reader?

If you mean UBW, then yes, it was bad in it's 2nd half.

UBW was pure hell. mindnumbing,soulcrushing 15 minute monologues was just the tip of the fucking iceberg. they fucking ruined it.
Jul 26, 2015 9:36 AM

Jun 2014
How slowly was that plane flying? It had 8 engines, no cargo yet it was flying so slow that they could stand on it. It also happened a few kilometers up in the sky so it must be quite cold up there. How did her hat stay on when she did like 5 backflips but flew off when she softly landed? Why were they were thinking about a plan slowly when outside was full of weird flying creatures that were trying to eat the plane?
I know that this is an anime that is based on a video game but my mind can't cope with this

I really liked the flashbacks.
The weapon transformations were kinda cool i guess...
AridusJul 26, 2015 9:40 AM
Jul 26, 2015 9:37 AM
Feb 2015
Some decent action. Alisa and Lenka are gonna be a nice tag team since they both are new types. I'm glad The team didn't force her to go with them and sacrifice the wounded.

That aragami thing looks frightening. Man I hope they fight it one day
[center] *>.>[Spoiler][/spoiler]<.<*
[center]
Jul 26, 2015 9:38 AM

Nov 2014
Arcanix said:

Obviously never seen Gyo
Jul 26, 2015 9:39 AM

Oct 2011
HeroKenzan said:
Arcanix said:

be sure to check out Gyo aswell.It's another one of based ufotable masterpieces.

Second this one. God Eater is pretty bad, but Gyo is on a totally different level. Pure class.
Jul 26, 2015 9:42 AM
Apr 2014
Slightly better than the first 2 episodes, at least we got away from the rainy environment, the animation looked so drab in there.
Jul 26, 2015 9:44 AM

Jun 2014
Best episode so far. Alisa was awesome. Lenka didn't act like a generic shounen MC and actually contributed to the fight by thinking than screaming like an idiot. The fight was really amazing especially the camera angles and the fluidity in motion. Also Lenka and Alisa's indirect competition was really hilarious along with the armlock by Alisa LOL.

The plot is still moving at a slow pace. Most of the episode was the action. I wonder if they are thinking for a second cour in 2016. It was a HUGE improvement over the last episodes. Hope the plot will progress more along with some character development in the upcoming episodes. Hope it gets more interesting with the upcoming episodes. It's a good anime but not mindblowing or unique.
Jul 26, 2015 9:48 AM

May 2012
I don't play GE. But I still think that this is a good series. I've seen so many anime series but I don't consider this as mediocre.

WHY DO PEOPLE HATE THIS? I mean, why can't people appreciate its beauty? Just because people aren't used to this kind of coloring/animation doesn't mean it sucks. Plus, it has only been 3 episodes. What's with the hate? I'm really confused.
sheidesuJul 26, 2015 9:52 AM
Jul 26, 2015 9:48 AM

Apr 2015
I think the characters are what's putting this show down. I love almost everything about god eater except for them, which is not really good given that the chatacters are what make or break a show for me. I still have hope though, it's only been 3 eps
And that opening scene with the ocean was something else *.*
4/5
Raz1515Jul 26, 2015 9:53 AM
Jul 26, 2015 9:51 AM

Feb 2014
Best episode so far. The new girl is awesome, saved the show for me.
The action scenes looked really cool too.
Jul 26, 2015 9:52 AM

Nov 2014
sheidesu said:
I don't play GE, I don't even know what ufotable is. But I still think that this is a good series. I've seen so many anime series but I don't consider this as mediocre.

WHY DO PEOPLE HATE THIS? I mean, why can't people appreciate its beauty? Just because people aren't used to this kind of coloring/animation doesn't mean it sucks. Plus, it has only been 3 episodes. What's with the hate? I'm really confused.

1) Disappointment from people because they saw Ufotable and expecting Greatness.

2) Anti '' best anime studio'' Ufotable circle jerk

3) Shit story and bland characters so far

4) people tired of another Black bullet , Aot , Seraph in a short space of time

5) God Eater players hyping it up

Any of the factors I mentioned (this does not apply to me all but generally why its hated)
Jul 26, 2015 9:53 AM

Oct 2014
Id let Alisa headlock me any day
Jul 26, 2015 9:53 AM
May 2014
Barion-Zara said:
Loving Alisa way more than I thought. She's not only BA owning while upside down but she's pretty nice it seems.

First thing she does is attack him.. Nice my boot.
If you have a thing for being beaten, like the last sentence suggests, maybe for you.

So far she seem to be of the obnoxious self-important type, but at least she can deal some damage to whatever.
Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!
-- Lord fifth
Jul 26, 2015 9:56 AM
Jan 2010
SovereignSky said:

This. Also watching GE has made me started playing the game again. XD
Jul 26, 2015 10:03 AM

Aug 2014
Best episode so far. Really great animation direction and it's pretty unique. Moment that OP posted was amazing! I am going to keep watching for the animation and direction but it's not a great series. (6/10 for me atm).

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
Jul 26, 2015 10:05 AM
Oct 2012
sheidesu said:
I don't play GE, I don't even know what ufotable is. But I still think that this is a good series. I've seen so many anime series but I don't consider this as mediocre.

1) Wasted time the first 2 episodes (training that wasn't training, being imprisoned that meant nothing - 20 minutes together),
2) Stupid harem level fanservice here (in a midst of a battle, with hundreds of monsters coming, he first does a Rito face plant, and then they fight over it - I don't mind fanservice, but that was beyond cliched),
3) The fact that the MC has an ascension without us knowing why or how,
4) The extreme lack of emotions in all the characters.
5) Bad dialogue.

As for appreciating beauty, the art is not that amazing. It has a different style and deserves props for that, but this isn't first tier animation by any definition. The nose rectangles alone show this.

Also, the show really doesn't follow any logic. Given how easily the monsters breached the walls the first episode, the human race should have already been dead, same with the fact that they can fly (which if the titans could do would be an equal plot hole) and attack en mass. Now maybe they are being attracted to the New Types and this is why the attacks have ratcheted up, but that explanation makes no sense with how the flying monsters completely ignored the helicopter with a new type on it.

Now, I am not faulting anyone for liking the show, tastes differ. But if you are going to say people don't have a reason to think this show is, well not bad, but worse boring, I will beg to differ.

Aug 2014
Call of ufotabruu.

Jan 2015
Well,Its look like we have a contender for the worst anime 2015
Rance X is A GOAT.
Jul 26, 2015 10:06 AM

Aug 2014
barthos said:
Well,Its look like we have a contender for the worst anime 2015

Chaos dragon.

Jul 26, 2015 10:07 AM

Feb 2015

Enjoyed this action-packed episode. Nice fight scenes.
Alisa's just as awesome as I expected her to be.

Glad Lenka did a lot better in this fight than the previous one.
He's a quick learner and I'm looking forward to seeing more of these 2 working together.

The huge Aragami at the end though. Holy shit.
Probably only a matter of time before they have to fight that thing.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 26, 2015 10:08 AM

Aug 2010
konatachan80 said:
Barion-Zara said:

First thing she does is attack him.. Nice my boot.
If you have a thing for being beaten, like the last sentence suggests, maybe for you.

So far she seem to be of the obnoxious self-important type, but at least she can deal some damage to whatever.

Well she attacked him because she thought he's gonna force her to leave with them and leave the injured passengers. So it was technically self defense. Why wouldn't she be nice? She wanted to save all those inured people instead of leaving them to die.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » God Eater Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 12, 2015

636 by Karva1 »»
Apr 14, 5:53 PM

» Is this like the worst anime OST ever?

Kayle_x_Morgana - Apr 4, 2022

8 by RudeRedis »»
Mar 2, 7:39 AM

Poll: » God Eater Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2016

255 by Suopi »»
Feb 21, 9:37 AM

» Is it good?

Bijou146 - Jan 18

15 by HenryLeo123 »»
Jan 19, 11:51 AM

Poll: » God Eater Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2016

262 by Tropisch »»
Jan 4, 7:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.