Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 25, 2015 5:41 PM

Jun 2015
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Read Toriko!
Jul 25, 2015 7:52 PM
Jul 2013
Weird. Crunchyroll didn't have the episode. Where did you watch it?
Jul 25, 2015 8:09 PM
Dec 2010
I was thinking the exact same thing, checked many sites and no episode, this guy lieing or hopefully its out somewhere, usually out by now

He most likely thought he'd be clever and put the poll up before anyone else, and not realizing there's probably no episode this week since at the end of the last ep im sure it went on about some special or some crap.
MrHaruJul 25, 2015 8:12 PM
Jul 25, 2015 8:25 PM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
IIRC there was going to be no episode this week (at the time of this post). Episode 703 is supposed to air on August 2, 2015.
Jul 25, 2015 8:31 PM
Dec 2010
Well i had the feeling it wasn't happening this week it over an hr late.

Thanks for infos Red
Jul 25, 2015 11:15 PM
Jul 2013
LunyRed said:
IIRC there was going to be no episode this week (at the time of this post). Episode 703 is supposed to air on August 2, 2015.

Thanks for the info
Aug 1, 2015 7:57 PM

Dec 2013
Shocked at how short the recap was!

Still loving this flashback. Really enjoying the development for Corazon and Law. Interestingly Corazon is actually a marine. Wonder how he became a marine. Dem tears were fairly sad to see.

Apparently the world nobles are terrified of the "D". Sort of found that funny XD

Corazon's voice is still a bit weird to me. Wasn't expecting it be so deep.
Aug 1, 2015 8:12 PM

Jan 2014
I'm so freaking glad I'm a One Piece fan, seeing episodes like these really make me happy

More flashbacks please, I really want to see more Corazon :)

It was really sad seeing him trying each hospital so he can save Law, but only to be turned down by every single one

Aug 1, 2015 8:21 PM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
Haha! Every doctor from every hospital freak out from the White Lead disease infection and they contact the sanitation or even the World Government immediately! What a joke. >_> And most of those doctors & nurses look ugly as heck.

Watching that part where Corazon shed tears for Law was emotionally painful. :'( Toei is doing a great job so far animating this flashback. Keep it up! o/
Aug 1, 2015 9:11 PM

Oct 2008
Great episode. Corazon is such a cool guy.
Aug 1, 2015 9:19 PM

Jun 2014
It's really touching to see just how much Corazon cares about Law. I'd feel the same way if I went to a bunch of different hospitals to try and save a kid's life and they kept turning me away. I like how they went from hating each other at first, to actually caring about each other.

It seems like the end of the episode was a filler. I don't think that transition back to the present fight was there in this particular chapter. The chapter was supposed to end with
[spoiler]
Corazon receiving a call from Doffy
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Aug 1, 2015 9:28 PM

May 2012
Sengoku's new voice hmm...

Aug 1, 2015 10:15 PM

Nov 2014
I LOVE ONE PIECE

Corazon is having a horrible past, he went through too much by disguising for this long and living with someone like Dofy. I really loved the relationship between Corazon and Law. Knowing that Corazon is dead now makes the relationship even sadder.
Aug 1, 2015 11:06 PM
Sep 2014
Whoa, this was a really nice episode! Short intro and recap, no filler, no awkwardly long scenes, and good animation...
It's like Toei is actually making an effort! I can't believe it :o
Oh, and all of Cora's scenes looked beautiful.

Aug 1, 2015 11:33 PM

Jul 2014
Sengoku sounds weird.
Aug 2, 2015 12:30 AM
Jun 2015
wow this episode was really well executed with the animation, the pacing, the voice acting and the feels.........really liked this episode.........keep up the good work toei
Aug 2, 2015 2:20 AM
Jul 2018
Great ep. Cora-san is awesome.

Sengoku still sucks.
Aug 2, 2015 3:54 AM

Jul 2008
BlackHawk0 said:
Sengoku sounds weird.

New VA. His old voice actor passed away a few years ago now.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-06-08/one-piece-voice-actor-kobushi-nobuyuki-passes-away

Damn that was a great episode. Now we know why Corazon wanted to get Law away from Doffy. The D's will come to kill him since he is a Celestial Dragon. Boy he doesn't know how right he is...

Law's tragedy just repeats itself over and over, now Corazon understands the depth of why Law hates the world. How could Law not be the way he is after all of that.
Aug 2, 2015 4:12 AM

Jul 2015
Them classic soul-crushing One Piece feels!

What a touching episode. The bond between Law and Corazon is one of the best dynamics I've seen portrayed in Anime!
Aug 2, 2015 4:30 AM

Jul 2013
Deep inside Corazon's a kind and very sympathetic person. That clown face and makeup is ruining his face. Anyway I think it's gonna be Vergo who will discover him being a spy from the Navy. I also think Doffy has been having doubts about his family's loyalty to him and thought that maybe someone is a spy and therefore sent Vergo on his mission that no one else knows about.
Aug 2, 2015 4:43 AM

Apr 2014
Corazon! What a nice guy.

How can those heartless monsters call themselves doctors.
Good thing Corazon beat them up.
"You don't become Hokage in order to be acknowledged by the village.
The one who is acknowledged by everyone, is the one who becomes Hokage."
Uchiha Itachi, Naruto Shippuden
Aug 2, 2015 8:07 AM

Jul 2012
Really nice episode. Corazon going to every hospital out there for Law. Those doctors are all shit for not trying to cure him.
Tom's Hardware graphics veteran++ (Legacy)
i7 6700K@4.0 GHz, ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING, RTX 2080, G. Skill RipJaws V 3200MHz 16GB,
Noctua NH-D15, CorsairRM 850x, Win10x64, 1920x1080

MyAnimeList!
Aug 2, 2015 8:26 AM

Nov 2014
1 or 2 more episodes of Law's past then the battle of Mingo and Law, Luffy & Bellamy continues. Great Episode. Well done.
Aug 2, 2015 11:03 AM

Dec 2008
Another great emotional episode. Can't wait for next week.
Aug 2, 2015 11:14 AM

Mar 2015
I just need to know what we win to know what happen to Doffy brother he is already dead we need fight :3
Aug 2, 2015 11:18 AM

Oct 2013
Dang Corazon is aligned with the Navy! Dang. It's funny how Corazon is on a mission joining Doflamingo and Virgo is on a mission joining the navy.
Aug 2, 2015 12:38 PM

Dec 2013
Awesome episode! I just caught up with One Piece the last 2 months so this was the first episode I waited for to air. Corazon is such a great character, I haven't read the manga yet but I hope they pull the same thing like Sabo and put him back or something, though I doubt that at this point.
Aug 2, 2015 1:56 PM

Oct 2013
PrimeX said:
Deep inside Corazon's a kind and very sympathetic person. That clown face and makeup is ruining his face.

Is not a clown but a Mime!
Aug 2, 2015 7:13 PM

Apr 2009
Well that was interesting, Vergo was the first Corazon, and in the flashback, now secretly infiltrating the Navy. Meanwhile Rosinante also has tons of secrets of his own, like being able to speak after all, a devil fruit user, an agent of Admiral Sengoku himself with the rank of a navy commander and he actually seems like a good guy deep down. I guess it was Vergo who found out about Rosinante later or maybe Joker suspected it himself early on (and Rosinante being his only remaining biological family, he disregarded it)?
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Aug 2, 2015 9:35 PM
Jun 2009
Was the hospital part canon or filler?
Cause if Doflamingo, who doesn't seem to be a doctor, knows that it is not a contagious disease, I find it very strange that all the doctors, most likely caring for patients with other bad diseases, are not aware.

Also not a fan of the Sengoku's new voice, but we'll see how it goes later.
Aug 2, 2015 9:50 PM
Jul 2013
*Blush* "He needs me"
Aug 3, 2015 12:41 AM

Apr 2009
That was one hell of an episode! Totally worth the wait. It was all just really, really good. I cracked up laughing when Corazon was acting all cool talking about secret D/Celestial Dragon stuff and then lit himself on fire.

The growing bond between Law and Corazon is very touching and bittersweet, considering we already know what happens to him.

Loved the characters, the story, the animation and direction. If only I could vote 5 more than once.

I didn't know Sengoku's VA died. :( I hate the new voice, but I don't think any replacement would be satisfactory. My biggest worry about One Piece isn't whether it will ever get done, it's what other voice actors we might lose along the way.
Aug 3, 2015 1:37 AM

May 2014
I freaking loved the episode, I really hope Toei continues doing this! They might actually lose their terrible reputation if they stay doing decent things.

I almost cried when Corazon was crying.. I was emotional while reading the Manga, but this was actually better!

5/5 Episode.

Small Baby 5 and Dellinger loading up the cannon were so cute xD

Aug 3, 2015 2:03 AM

Jun 2012
Anmoly97 said:
*Blush* "He needs me"

i'll buy ya icecream but keep silent
Aug 3, 2015 6:26 AM

Jun 2014
Lol, de feels... average episode as usual, slightly better than the past 100 episodes.
Aug 3, 2015 8:03 AM

May 2014
Suprize to see Corazon to be so caring for Law. First when he were introduced I would never expect that. LOL. THey are brothers and so much difference between them. Damn, that suprize me. ^^ And Corazon have been through the same as Doflamingo, but still.

[SPOILER]

What a crazy man Doflamingo is. First killing his father and then his brother. Really curious why killed his brother though. I mean to cure Law's disease is a lame reason to kill him. ^^
Aug 3, 2015 8:05 AM

May 2014
G_Spark233 said:
Shocked at how short the recap was!

Still loving this flashback. Really enjoying the development for Corazon and Law. Interestingly Corazon is actually a marine. Wonder how he became a marine. Dem tears were fairly sad to see.

Apparently the world nobles are terrified of the "D". Sort of found that funny XD

Corazon's voice is still a bit weird to me. Wasn't expecting it be so deep.

It would be funny if his voice were like Pica. :3

Yeah, it actually suprize me that they shortened the introduction The one about Gol D Roger.
Aug 3, 2015 8:09 AM

May 2014
WolfWood37 said:
BlackHawk0 said:
Sengoku sounds weird.

New VA. His old voice actor passed away a few years ago now.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-06-08/one-piece-voice-actor-kobushi-nobuyuki-passes-away

Damn that was a great episode. Now we know why Corazon wanted to get Law away from Doffy. The D's will come to kill him since he is a Celestial Dragon. Boy he doesn't know how right he is...

Law's tragedy just repeats itself over and over, now Corazon understands the depth of why Law hates the world. How could Law not be the way he is after all of that.

LOL, I didn't notice that. :P But now that I think about it, yeah he doesn't sound like the old one.
Aug 3, 2015 8:11 AM

May 2014
PrimeX said:
Deep inside Corazon's a kind and very sympathetic person. That clown face and makeup is ruining his face. Anyway I think it's gonna be Vergo who will discover him being a spy from the Navy. I also think Doffy has been having doubts about his family's loyalty to him and thought that maybe someone is a spy and therefore sent Vergo on his mission that no one else knows about.

Hmm, that could be the reason for his death. Damn you, Doflamingo. :(
Aug 3, 2015 8:15 AM

May 2014
Teufel said:
That was one hell of an episode! Totally worth the wait. It was all just really, really good. I cracked up laughing when Corazon was acting all cool talking about secret D/Celestial Dragon stuff and then lit himself on fire.

The growing bond between Law and Corazon is very touching and bittersweet, considering we already know what happens to him.

Loved the characters, the story, the animation and direction. If only I could vote 5 more than once.

I didn't know Sengoku's VA died. :( I hate the new voice, but I don't think any replacement would be satisfactory. My biggest worry about One Piece isn't whether it will ever get done, it's what other voice actors we might lose along the way.

It would be worse (couldn't get worse) if Oda died. O_O
Aug 3, 2015 10:17 AM

Apr 2014
So weird, Corazon ate the Calm-Calm Fruit, Corazon is a Navy spy and on secret mission. Corazon tries to save Law's life and so there's a strong bond between Corazon and Law.

"A badly behaving child will be eaten by D the sworn enemy of the gods!" I think this describes the Doflamingo and Luffy fight very well.
Aug 3, 2015 3:19 PM

Apr 2009
mangalicker94 said:
Teufel said:

It would be worse (couldn't get worse) if Oda died. O_O

ashhhh dont say that

Teufel said:

i hope it gets done
Aug 3, 2015 3:30 PM
Jun 2009
Teufel said:
My biggest worry about One Piece isn't whether it will ever get done, it's what other voice actors we might lose along the way.

We've already lost a few:
- Smoker
- Sengoku
- Ivankov (though that one didn't die, he just stopped doing the voice)
I thought there was more but I can't remember now.
Aug 3, 2015 7:12 PM

Jul 2013
Corazon is really a great character. After this episode I like him so much. And the feels....oh man ;_ ;
I want to see more of Corazon and Traf :)

Aug 3, 2015 8:03 PM

Oct 2014
And here I thought Doflamingo will release his Haoshoku Haki for the first time... xD But that doesn't happen.

Teufel said:
My biggest worry about One Piece isn't whether it will ever get done, it's what other voice actors we might lose along the way.

Yeah... T_T, for such a very long-running anime, that has been my greatest worry. Even now, the story still seems so far from an end. One Piece is indeed my favorite anime and I don't want to it to end soon, but I always imagine what if Oda or any important staffs of the anime pass away before it ends. I even think that the effects we will get when we lose any important seiyuu such as Mayumi Tanaka (Luffy's seiyuu, which is older than Oda), Kazuya Nakai, and any other, will be bigger for the fans than if we lost Oda, as the author himself. #sigh
Aug 3, 2015 9:58 PM

May 2014
THIS WERE IN THE PREVIEW FOR EP. 703, BUT IT'S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN IN AT LEAST BEFORE THE NEXT 10 EP. OR SO. SO DON'T READ/SEE IT UNLESS YOU ARE 100 % SURE OF IT. IT'S A BIG SPOILER, JUST SAYING. I THINK IT COULD BE A SNEAK PEAK, BUT CAN ANY MANGAREADER CONFIRM IF THIS IS TRUE OR NOT?? JUST TO INFORM, YOU FIND THIS SMALL FRAME IN THE EP. AT 23:42 PRECISE ON KISSANIME.COM

Also, just to inform I got this information from the comment box on this ep. on kissanime.com. I haven't found it myself, but just wanted to confirm if it's true. ^^
Link: http://kissanime.com/Anime/One-Piece/Episode-703?id=113164

AS SAID DON'T SEE THE PICTURE UNLESS YOU ARE 100 % SURE. NOW I HAVE SAID IT TWICE WITH BIG LETTERS. ^^ AAAND PLZ. DON'T BLAME ME FOR SPOILERS. IT'S IN THE PREVIEW AFTER ALL. SO NOTHING MORE IS SHOWN. YOU CAN FIND THE FRAME, YOURSELF.

[SPOILER]

Is this what most mangareaders have been waiting for, Luffy's new Gear 4th????? I have heard from another guy that this can be his elephant magnum technique, but I have never seen the white stripes on his right arm (from the screen).

I got spoiled about Gear 4th and therefore haven't seen it in detailed, but I think it's too big to be elephant magnum and somehow it look very different. Also, if you watch that frame fast enough, you notice that he get those big hands too fast to make it elephant magnum. And also many others have replied that this is indeed Gear 4th. O_O

mangalicker94Aug 3, 2015 10:05 PM
Aug 3, 2015 10:25 PM
Jan 2014

I'm a mangareader and what you saw is just elephant magnum, but it will happen soon.
Aug 4, 2015 3:09 PM

May 2010
Man, such a good episode, Corazon turned out to be a very kind person @_@ Can't believe it. It's a shame he's just a side character of the flashback, I wish we had moar of this guy.
Aug 5, 2015 8:15 PM

May 2014
FUnNshot said:

I'm a mangareader and what you saw is just elephant magnum, but it will happen soon.

damn, too bad. but tnx. :D
Aug 6, 2015 4:40 PM

Oct 2013
mangalicker94 said:
FUnNshot said:

damn, too bad. but tnx. :D

Those white stripes are Doflamingo strings. Remember that Doflamingo bound Luffy with those.
bigivelfhqAug 6, 2015 4:44 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 843 Discussion

Ulquiorra - Aug 8, 2018

16 by FedeMetal »»
46 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 842 Discussion

Ulquiorra - Aug 8, 2018

20 by FedeMetal »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 402 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Ishmael - May 24, 2009

82 by gannoncannon55 »»
12 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 401 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Ishmael - May 16, 2009

73 by gannoncannon55 »»
12 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 400 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Miked - May 9, 2009

135 by gannoncannon55 »»
Yesterday, 11:48 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.