Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 20, 2008 8:04 PM

Apr 2007
Warner and Leonardo DiCaprio will produce a live action film based on the Akira manga. There are two films planned, each spanning 3 volumes of the manga.

The films will have some changes to appeal to a western audience. The films will no longer take place in Neo-Tokyo, but rather "New Manhattan". The film will be Directed by Ruairi Robinson, and a script is being written by Gary Whitta. No actors have been announced yet.

Warner Bros had the rights to Akira before, but lost them before they produced a movie. The rights had to be reacquired from Kodansha, a manga publisher, for a reported 7 figure sum.

The first movie is currently set to air in the Summer of 2009.

Source: ANN
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Feb 20, 2008 8:10 PM

Jan 2007
When I heard Leo was involved, I thought "oh no..." but it's just as a producer. Whew.
Feb 20, 2008 8:55 PM

Nov 2007
wow a bunch of no names so far. no wonder they had to attach leo's name to it. and wtf is up with this manhattan BS?! and no excuses about appealing to the masses of the U.S...ain't the only freaking western country in the world, lol >_<
Feb 20, 2008 9:10 PM
Feb 2008
New Manhattan? This shit fails by default.
WHY? I thought the makers of Akira had more class, that anime was such a masterpiece.

That's like Jamie Lynn Spears getting the rights to make a live action Spirited Away or Princess Mononoke. WTF.
Feb 20, 2008 9:46 PM

Apr 2007
I'll reserve my judgement until I see it. I'm not going to knock it with what very little info we've got so far.

...even a saint needs a soldier to do the dirty work.
Feb 20, 2008 9:58 PM

Apr 2007
I lol'd at new manhattan, but cried at the same time D: ...

It might turn out good, i'll still watch it no matter what in the end.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 20, 2008 11:40 PM
Dec 2007
so fucked up
Feb 21, 2008 12:05 AM

Feb 2008
I grew up on Akira, so I'd say there's a zero percent chance of the live action film ever meaning as much to me as the original work did... that is to say, there's a zero percent chance this new film won't suck horribly.

But I'm still hopeful :P
Feb 21, 2008 12:14 AM
Dec 2007
wintercarver said:
I grew up on Akira, so I'd say there's a zero percent chance of the live action film ever meaning as much to me as the original work did... that is to say, there's a zero percent chance this new film won't suck horribly.

But I'm still hopeful :P

Most live-action do..but hey at least there gonna be good CG
Feb 21, 2008 2:57 AM

Jul 2007
New Manhattan, like haven't americans never heard of Tokyo? :D
Feb 21, 2008 3:11 AM

Jan 2008
This will be one interesting movie... =P
Feb 21, 2008 4:32 AM

Dec 2007
It'll be interesting to see how this pans out. Whether it sucks or not though you can be sure I'll go to watch it ^^
Feb 21, 2008 5:13 AM

Sep 2007
Wonder which one will do better... Manhattan Akira or a DBZ story cut to movie length...

Personally, I don't like how they "americanize" this. I don't mind a few changes in the story but the setting? Are they still using the same character names? Couldn't they pull a Last Samurai on us instead?

Well, I'll wait until we get trailers before completely trashing this. After all, they are adapting the manga...
Feb 21, 2008 5:21 AM

Apr 2007
Red_Zealot said:
"New Manhattan"

what
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 21, 2008 5:32 AM
Aug 2007
tainteddonut said:
I'll reserve my judgement until I see it. I'm not going to knock it with what very little info we've got so far.

QFT
Feb 21, 2008 7:42 AM

Apr 2007
Yeah, I'll also reserve judgment. Seeing as how I harbor no illusions about the original Akira anime (ie, it sucked because all it had going for it was animation quality and...yeah, I think that's about it), I'm hoping these will be an improvement.

That or I just will forget all about it.
Feb 21, 2008 9:28 AM

Jan 2008
Just the fact that Hollywood is paying attention to manga more and more now as a source for new movies makes me excited. Lets just pray that they do a decent job with the material so we can see some other titles make the way over.

So I'll add this to my growing "to watch" list:
Battle Angel Alita, Dragon Ball, Akira.

Feb 21, 2008 10:59 AM

Jan 2008
Well Akira movie fans seem to be a minority on MAL I've recently discovered, but I'll just quote someone above to let you know my thoughts on this project:
lil_bunnyrabbit said:
New Manhattan? This shit fails by default.

By the way AICN seems to think Leo actually is playing Kaneda, and that Joseph Gordon Levitt is playing Tetsuo.
BeatnikFeb 21, 2008 11:22 AM
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Feb 21, 2008 11:17 AM

May 2007
If they wind up casting bunch of non-Asians in the main roles as they probably will, they might as well change the name of the movie to "Eric" or something too while they're at it.
Feb 21, 2008 11:19 AM

Apr 2007
Eh, I won't be completely pessimist about this. Hopefully it'll turn out good.
Feb 21, 2008 11:41 AM

Jun 2007
New Manhattan??? Crap... -.-

Feb 21, 2008 11:50 AM

Feb 2008
Asked my magic 8-ball if the movie will suck.

It replied: Who knows?
Forum signatures are annoying.
Feb 21, 2008 12:12 PM

Oct 2007
Heigen said:

You know, there are people who cant find Japan on a world map, not even talking about some city... If you think there isnt anyone more stupid than this you will sure find someone.

ronin said:
If they wind up casting bunch of non-Asians in the main roles as they probably will, they might as well change the name of the movie to "Eric" or something too while they're at it.

In that case i'd laugh hard. And shed bloody tears....
But, as they changed city's name, they'll probably change characters' names too...
We will get another piece of Hollywood crap.

Haven't world learned yet from Transformers!? Geez

Help the poor Ninja! Click Billy vs Snakeman link today!
Feb 21, 2008 12:16 PM

Feb 2008
Thats SO typical for hollywood! Oh, It will destroy the whole essence of Akira. Its the same with Battle Angel aluita and so on. Its so...*wah* when they try to transform a character for an actor.

And people who doesnt know the original could probably think that THIS Akira ist the only thing the could made out of it.

I'm sorry for (typing-) mistakes, silly expressions or anything stupid wih my style of writing, I'm not a native. Thanks.
Feb 21, 2008 12:22 PM

Jan 2008
I think only the Wachowskis should adapt anime. There's another positive Speed Racer screening review on AICN, it sounds great.
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Feb 21, 2008 12:32 PM
Jun 2007
magentaanbu said:
New Manhattan??? Crap... -.-

my sentiments exactly.
Feb 21, 2008 12:35 PM

Sep 2007
It's quite similar to the stunts Hollywood pulls with Japanese horror films. At least the original director of Ju-on was involved with the Grudge... is anyone on the original Akira staff involved or are we too early to know?
Feb 21, 2008 1:27 PM

Sep 2007
Well, Although I don't really approve of the location change from "Neo-Tokyo" to "New Manhattan" I will still wait to hear more and decide before as well as after seeing the movie how much crap/gold it is....

The problem is what most people don't understand about Hollywood adaptations is that they aren't just trying to satiate the anime masses hunger in America...mostly because animation in America is not even on the same level of respect as live-action movies are....but rather they are trying to take a story that was popular among the anime masses and target a wider interest group...of course we know this almost always ends in a failure as far as our standards are set...but as long as it pays for the production costs and nets a couple million...or ten's of millions...they are satisfied...

I will still hold further judgement on thi movie till I hear further releases of information...such as the actors...and possibly a trailer....
Feb 21, 2008 4:29 PM

Feb 2008
i thought htey had dropped this one already. licence aquisition can get a bit dicey i guess, lots and lots of money involved. its still too early to see if this one will work out.
Feb 21, 2008 4:50 PM

Jan 2008
What the hell is Hollywood's obsession with New York? Seems like 80% of the movies they make are set there. And anyway, a lot of American movies have been set in Tokyo before, so I don't get the "appealing to a western audience" thing. Especially when Godzilla is so well known.

Anyway, I really hope they don't pass up some unknown actors that could be really good in certain roles, in favor of just cramming a bunch of famous movie stars into this.
D&D Club

Because my sig making skills are non-existant.
Feb 21, 2008 6:03 PM

Aug 2007
I wonder how this will turn out...

Bad I bet. >_> I never did like Leo.
Feb 21, 2008 7:50 PM
Sep 2007
Can we just say ferking EPIC FAIL, first you need a super huge budget for this movie. Lets say over 100 million, second I have no faith that the script will follow any of the manga/anime movie. I really don't know how this can turn into a win, Hollywood needs to lay off the manga/80s cartoons, and make up stuff of there own.
Hi
Feb 21, 2008 7:56 PM

Jul 2007
This guy is writing:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_Whitta

Let's see hes written star trek and some other science fiction garbage, so at best it will probably be like a Paul W.S. Anderson video game movie. This movie is going to be totally americanized and bastardized.
Feb 21, 2008 8:08 PM

Sep 2007
I figured if it was a non Japan studio doing Akira it wont be set in Japan. You have to remember you silly self hating Americans that the movie industry doesn't solely target fans for adaptations, they target a mass market, including people that never even heard of Akira.

animejnkie said:
This movie is going to be totally americanized and bastardized.

^Here's a prime example of a self hating American

I don't understand why some people are crying over that its set in New Manhattan not Neo Japan. Heres how I think its going to happen, its not going to be an Akira live action, rather a movie based on Akira, similar to how the Departed is based of Infernal Affairs I and II. I mean just because the location is different on a movie that is going to loosely based on the manga and might not even have the same character names or title name, people have shunned it because "its in America". So the odds that there will be a Tetsuo and Kaneda like characters are high, the odds that they will be Tetsuo and Kaneda are I'd say 30%

About the film being good or not, I'll wait till I see some footage or cast photos to decide. I assume that quite a few people are under the delusion of "OMG REAL PEOPLE IT SUCKS" Which many Live action have been a let down to the actual case, but there are multiple cases of a Live action being good or better, and sometimes more popular, than the original. Now the U.S. market for Japanese based live action is usually not that good, but there has been a few good ones like the Guyver movies (namely the 2nd one), Speed Racer looks promising, Forbidden Kingdom looks excellent like it was done in Hong Kong rather than the U.S. (not exactly a live action version of anime/manga, but its based on the book Saiyuki, Dragonball, and many other things, plus its a U.S. take on Chinese style cinema with Jackie Chan and Jet Li.), so theres still a chance for this movie.

Feb 21, 2008 8:27 PM

Jan 2008
UltraTien said:
I figured if it was a non Japan studio doing Akira it wont be set in Japan. You have to remember you silly self hating Americans that the movie industry doesn't solely target fans for adaptations, they target a mass market, including people that never even heard of Akira.

animejnkie said:

I don't understand why some people are crying over that its set in New Manhattan not Neo Japan.

I still don't see how it would appeal to the masses any less if they had it set in Neo Japan, unless they're assuming we're all racist hics. And if they're just gonna take what they like from the series, and leave out what they don't want, to me, that's not really an adaptation. That's just ripping off other people's ideas.
D&D Club

Feb 21, 2008 9:26 PM

Sep 2007
ichikiba said:
UltraTien said:

animejnkie said:

I don't understand why some people are crying over that its set in New Manhattan not Neo Japan.

I still don't see how it would appeal to the masses any less if they had it set in Neo Japan, unless they're assuming we're all racist hics. And if they're just gonna take what they like from the series, and leave out what they don't want, to me, that's not really an adaptation. That's just ripping off other people's ideas.

Kid listen, its not ripping off ideas if they give credit where credit is due which is required by copyright law's.

The average American movie goer would not appeal to a movie they know nothing about and has nothing major that they should know backing it up (unless they advertise greatly that its based off the manga, which will probably loose their average viewer profit, which is why The Departed didn't greatly advertise its a remake of Infernal Affairs, a chinese movie) set in a country they are unfamiliar with and its language.

Its standard marketing really, think like this, an average non-anime fan, english only speaking, normal guy goes to see a movie but hasn't decided, he see's a movie called "Akira" and hears its set in Japan, now the our guy would probably not see this movie because he hears its set in Japan, and will probably think its a Japanese language subtitled movie and will have some of the JP movie stereotypes, advertising its based on a manga and anime will even lessen the average viewer rate, since many average Americans consider Anime childish, and the average viewer rate is where a great portion of the money is made.

Yes not all Americans are like what I stated, but that is the Mass market appeal though, which is usually placed higher on priorities than fans. Again this is standard Marketing facts, you'll learn about it when you're older and taking classes on related topics

Anything else you'd like to say?

Feb 21, 2008 9:35 PM

Aug 2007
hounddog said:
When I heard Leo was involved, I thought "oh no..." but it's just as a producer. Whew.

I have the same feeling; but, I am not relieved that he is directing.

Heigen said:

My thoughts exactly.

Feb 22, 2008 5:45 AM

Sep 2007
UltraTien said:

The average American movie goer would not appeal to a movie they know nothing about and has nothing major that they should know backing it up (unless they advertise greatly that its based off the manga, which will probably loose their average viewer profit...

...Its standard marketing really, think like this, an average non-anime fan, english only speaking, normal guy goes to see a movie but hasn't decided, he see's a movie called "Akira" and hears its set in Japan, now the our guy would probably not see this movie because he hears its set in Japan, and will probably think its a Japanese language subtitled movie and will have some of the JP movie stereotypes, advertising its based on a manga and anime will even lessen the average viewer rate, since many average Americans consider Anime childish, and the average viewer rate is where a great portion of the money is made.

You are right about the marketing.
However, the matter of interest is... why is Hollywood is trying to appeal to the mass market with Akira? A controversial one where a town is gonna be ripped to shreds and they are going to set it at Manhattan? Really?

The biggest problem might not even be directly the changes to the original, it'll be the confusion. I'm sure this will go through some people's heads when they watch this in theaters. Even when "americanized", parts of the story in the original isn't easy to watch, and understand the first time. If they change that they can take a risk.
Feb 22, 2008 8:13 AM
Jul 2018
This is sad to hear. I thought that Akira stood out amongst anime movies as something that definately had more potential to become a good live-action movie. Especially if it's a longer movie based more on the manga.

The story and setting had depth and complexity, the characters were well developed, there was plenty of room for epic action scenes, and though some of the themes were more specific to the time period and lose some of their strength when taken out of context, it'd still be a fun watch that leaves viewers thinking.

With the information we have right now on the movie, I doubt it'll be any good and do the manga justice. I hope the failure here doesn't ripple over to effect the possibility of quality live-action reproductions of other works (I'm looking at you, evangelion).
Feb 22, 2008 10:09 AM

Jan 2008
UltraTien said:
ichikiba said:
UltraTien said:

animejnkie said:

Kid listen, its not ripping off ideas if they give credit where credit is due which is required by copyright law's.

The average American movie goer would not appeal to a movie they know nothing about and has nothing major that they should know backing it up (unless they advertise greatly that its based off the manga, which will probably loose their average viewer profit, which is why The Departed didn't greatly advertise its a remake of Infernal Affairs, a chinese movie) set in a country they are unfamiliar with and its language.

Its standard marketing really, think like this, an average non-anime fan, english only speaking, normal guy goes to see a movie but hasn't decided, he see's a movie called "Akira" and hears its set in Japan, now the our guy would probably not see this movie because he hears its set in Japan, and will probably think its a Japanese language subtitled movie and will have some of the JP movie stereotypes, advertising its based on a manga and anime will even lessen the average viewer rate, since many average Americans consider Anime childish, and the average viewer rate is where a great portion of the money is made.

Yes not all Americans are like what I stated, but that is the Mass market appeal though, which is usually placed higher on priorities than fans. Again this is standard Marketing facts, you'll learn about it when you're older and taking classes on related topics

Anything else you'd like to say?

Well, first I'd like to say that I can do without your condescending attitude, sir.

Second, I am a little disturbed by how everyone seems to automatically assume that because they're Americanizing it, the movie will automatically be awful. The fact that Akira is Japanese is irrelevant, really. I haven't seen the manga, but from what I've seen of the anime, it doesn't seem like it would've made a difference whether the original was based in Japan, America, or any other country. The only thing the country of origin seemed to influence is the names of the characters, and of the series itself.

And by the way, the main characters can easily be Asian-Americans, so maybe they won't change the character's names. Even if the characters are played by white actors, they can just say that they're of a mixed decent. There's also no law saying white people can't give their kids Japanese names. But anyway, I'm getting off my original point: The depth and complexity of Akira can easily survive the process of Americanization. I just thought that while it is a good move finacially, Americanization is a little offensive artistically, and possibly, ethnically.
D&D Club

Feb 22, 2008 11:05 AM
Jul 2018
ichikiba said:
Well, first I'd like to say that I can do without your condescending attitude, sir.

Second, I am a little disturbed by how everyone seems to automatically assume that because they're Americanizing it, the movie will automatically be awful. The fact that Akira is Japanese is irrelevant, really. I haven't seen the manga, but from what I've seen of the anime, it doesn't seem like it would've made a difference whether the original was based in Japan, America, or any other country. The only thing the country of origin seemed to influence is the names of the characters, and of the series itself.

And by the way, the main characters can easily be Asian-Americans, so maybe they won't change the character's names. Even if the characters are played by white actors, they can just say that they're of a mixed decent. There's also no law saying white people can't give their kids Japanese names. But anyway, I'm getting off my original point: The depth and complexity of Akira can easily survive the process of Americanization. I just thought that while it is a good move finacially, Americanization is a little offensive artistically, and possibly, ethnically.

well, quickly, because I don't want this to become a tl;dr statement...

I'll just say that you're wrong in saying that the fact that it was set in japan only influenced the character names. Seeing as how you went on later to bring up the depth and complexity behind Akira, I assume you know that much of that depth and complexity is directly tied into a response to Japanese society and Japan's future.

Removing the story from its Japanese background and overlaying it onto Manhattan automatically severs those direct ties and shines a different light on the themes of the work.

To me, i'm getting the impression that at best, this is going to turn out to be a V for Vendetta scenario. The adaptation is going to bastardize the original themes because it's being removed from its cultural and sociological background and twisted to meet a different set of standards. The governing themes are going to be hollywoodized and lose their original color. In the end, we can hope that despite those things, the work can remain entertaining, but even if it is fun to watch, it's not going to have the spirit of Akira.
Feb 22, 2008 11:18 AM

Jan 2008
Brian333 said:
ichikiba said:

well, quickly, because I don't want this to become a tl;dr statement...

I'll just say that you're wrong in saying that the fact that it was set in japan only influenced the character names. Seeing as how you went on later to bring up the depth and complexity behind Akira, I assume you know that much of that depth and complexity is directly tied into a response to Japanese society and Japan's future.

Removing the story from its Japanese background and overlaying it onto Manhattan automatically severs those direct ties and shines a different light on the themes of the work.

I disagree. I think the themes are universal, and can just as easily be applied to the United States. Especially since it takes place in the future. The writers can take liberties with the US government and other aspects of American society and talor to their needs, if neccessary.
ichikibaFeb 22, 2008 11:24 AM
D&D Club

Feb 22, 2008 11:57 AM
Jul 2018
ichikiba said:
I disagree. I think the themes are universal, and can just as easily be applied to the United States. Especially since it takes place in the future. The writers can take liberties with the US government and other aspects of American society and talor to their needs, if neccessary.

Themes are generally universal but the act of tying themes to a series of events, characters, and a setting is part of creating a story. Telling that story through a very specific form of visual interpretation is what creating a manga or a movie is about.

When you sever that original tie between a theme, the events, characters, and background and then go on to link it to something new, you have an entirely different entity. That's why it the japanese aspect of it matters. That's why you're bastardizing the original themes.

While the broader idea behind the story doesn't change, the perception of a theme can and does change when you're changing what's associated with them.

A story can be about racism. Change the races of the characters and the theme of racial aspect of that inequality will be gone. Name one of the characters Martin Luther King Jr. and suddenly the theme begins to carry the significance of history.

Akira's themes are tied to a story that's heavily influenced by Japan's history before and after WW2 and the society and culture of the late 80s.

Taking liberties with the original story and applying it to the US government and other aspects of American Society? that's not Akira. That's Hollywood.
Feb 22, 2008 5:10 PM

Jan 2008
Brian333 speaks alot of sense.

If the film is not going to be set in Japan, and not have Japanese characters, why even call it Akira? I cant copy and paste my ridiculously long dissertation on this anime, but suffice to say, as brian continually points out, Akira is about Japan. If you strip Japan out of it, then dont even bother calling it Akira anymore. Just call it some generic apolyptic name and rip some of Akira's set pieces off. There's no need to sour the franchise like with the NY set Godzilla.

I know alot of people just connect with the basic theme of friendship in Akira, but that is not the point of the anime. If you look past the surface, if you look at the nuclear explosion opening and closing the film, the unfinished Olympic stadium, the riots, the religious cults, it's all subtext and iconography of Japan's history, its observations of the 1980's, and a dour anticipation of the 90's.

This isnt just some story about two kids blowing shit up. Which is what the US version will probably focus on, with some post 9/11 iconography to make it 'relevant'.
Feb 22, 2008 9:12 PM

Jan 2008
I still say that while Hollywood is definitely not known for depth in their movies, that doesn't neccesarily mean that this movie will entirely lack any depth. There's no way it'll have the same depth in the same way as the manga. A manga and a movie are two very different mediums. There's a limited amount of depth and complexity you can have within 2 hours. I, personally, would rather have them lose the political themes in order to keep the earthly, universal themes. I think those that are making the movie would rather do that, too, seeing as the affects of the end of WWII on Japan mean very little to the average American. It comes back to appealing to the masses.

I mean, look at the Witchblade anime (I just got done watching an episode just before posting it). It's originally an American comic book, but are the characters of the anime in America? Do they have names that are of European decent? No. Is it a good anime? Damn straight it is. Yes, it's different, but if an adaptation wasn't different, then what would be the point of an adaptation? If definitely needs to be faithful to the original source, to a point, but it's definitely interesting to see new possibilities, too.

My problem with the change was mainly the fact that I'm sick of the vast majority of movies being set in New York (though, I live near Chicago, so maybe it's just my instinct to hate New York), and there have been several Hollywood movies set in Japan in the past, so it seems a little inconsistant. But then again, the guys making this movie probably didn't make those ones, so maybe I shouldn't think of it that way.

Lastly, if they cast Johnny Yong Bosch as Kaneda, I will see this movie no matter what.
D&D Club

Feb 22, 2008 10:31 PM
Jul 2018
Red_Zealot said:
Warner and Leonardo DiCaprio will produce a live action film based on the Akira manga. There are two films planned, each spanning 3 volumes of the manga.

so it's not ~2 hours, it's potentially ~4 hours. and if the original akira movie was twice as long as it was, it could've had a lot more of the depth and plot than it ended up with.

anyways, what you're saying is basically just what I said about V for Vendetta.

Brian333 said:
To me, i'm getting the impression that at best, this is going to turn out to be a V for Vendetta scenario. The adaptation is going to bastardize the original themes because it's being removed from its cultural and sociological background and twisted to meet a different set of standards. The governing themes are going to be hollywoodized and lose their original color. In the end, we can hope that despite those things, the work can remain entertaining, but even if it is fun to watch, it's not going to have the spirit of Akira.

V for Vendetta was a pretty good movie in my opinion but it's very different from the original work. Quoting the orignal writer,

"[The movie] has been "turned into a Bush-era parable by people too timid to set a political satire in their own country… It's a thwarted and frustrated and largely impotent American liberal fantasy of someone with American liberal values standing up against a state run by neoconservatives—which is not what the comic V for Vendetta was about. It was about fascism, it was about anarchy, it was about England."

So I basically see something similar happening here.

and as for witchblade... I don't know too much about the original western comic or even the anime version but I seriously doubt that witchblade is as connected to a specific society, culture, and history as akira is.
Feb 22, 2008 11:02 PM

Jan 2008
Very true about Witchblade, I'm sure, but I still don't think it's all that terrible that they're trying to apply the themes of Akira while throwing in some new thoughts. Just because it will be different doesn't mean it will completely lack depth, which I felt like you were saying.

I think it's a little presumptuous to call it a bastardization at this point in time, as well. Granted, given that Hollywood and Leo himself don't have the best track records, there's a good chance that you're right, but I just don't like it when people to assume that Hollywood is incapable of having depth alongside action.

I just think it'd be a shame if you actually saw the movie, going in with assumptions that it would lack depth, and come out believing that it did lack it when in fact the depth and complexity were there, but you were blinded by your preconceptions. And I'm not trying to single you out, Brian333. I mean that for everyone.
D&D Club

Feb 25, 2008 10:53 PM

Nov 2007
i dont agree with this one bit as a akira fan

I signed my screen and now its all smeary "When you meet your God tell him to leave me alone."

check out my bloghttp://corpse69.wordpress.com/

fix MAL already
Mar 2, 2008 12:38 AM

Aug 2007
no no no no no no NO

leave akira alone! dammit
Mar 2, 2008 4:44 PM

Feb 2008
Wow, yet another anime they have to ruin by turning it into a live action movie >__>

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Apr 23

31 by animegamer245 »»
30 minutes ago

» 'Black★★Rock Shooter: Dawn Fall' Reveals Additional Cast, First Promo

DatRandomDude - Feb 11, 2022

11 by nisafitri »»
8 hours ago

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 23

5 by dimidrum »»
Yesterday, 3:41 PM

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
Yesterday, 1:40 PM

» 'Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta' Announces Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
Yesterday, 12:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.