Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Jul 24, 2015 10:48 PM

Dec 2014
Looks like Soma might get a step-mother in the near future.

Apple risotto, huh? Now that's just scrumptious. And Jouichirou's ramen looked mighty fine.
Jul 24, 2015 10:48 PM

Feb 2008
I doubt it will be anytime soon that Erina will realize that, unfortunely it hasn't been happend yet on manga.
Now we talking about Jumps and I love J.C staffs to bring us such a great anime and not dis pointed one.

Ah I'm going to like the next arc,

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Jul 24, 2015 11:06 PM

Nov 2011
Its funny that Megumi worried about Souma fighting the former 2nd seat of Elite Ten when she already fought the previous 1st seat of another generation.

Jul 24, 2015 11:33 PM

Jan 2013
I really like the ending song.
Great episode, so descriptive
Jul 24, 2015 11:52 PM

Nov 2010
KaiserNazrin said:
Its funny that Megumi worried about Souma fighting the former 2nd seat of Elite Ten when she already fought the previous 1st seat of another generation.

1. He's the 2nd seat of the golden generation.
2. He already spent so many time abroad and should be much more skillful by now.
3. Just look at soudad and dem muscles and dem dandyness and dem GARness and think how Souma could defeat him now.
Jul 25, 2015 12:04 AM

Dec 2014
This ep is pretty good, glad to see the father and son competing again, and I believe Soma will one day beat his dad

Join reddit r/anime community!
Jul 25, 2015 12:18 AM

Jul 2013
RediceRyan said:
I really like the ending song.
Great episode, so descriptive

Yeah, sure the song is really unusual at first but the more I listen to it, the better it becomes lol.

Jul 25, 2015 12:48 AM

Feb 2015
The music to the ending is pretty good, but the singing is kinda awful. The episode was good, it had its usual fun moments, I wonder though if Soma is going to back to the diner.
-"Няма мръсни думи. Има мръсни хора."

Jul 25, 2015 1:06 AM

Oct 2013
SO THAT BITCH ASS WANKER ERINA STILL DOESN'T GET TO KNOW JOICHIRO IS SOUMA'S FATHER

FUCK THIS SERIES

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Jul 25, 2015 1:38 AM
Aug 2008
Zadion said:
SO THAT BITCH ASS WANKER ERINA STILL DOESN'T GET TO KNOW JOICHIRO IS SOUMA'S FATHER

FUCK THIS SERIES

She still doesn't know it in manga either. Fuck this series because of this small thing? How deep in retardness have you fallen.
Jul 25, 2015 2:31 AM
Jun 2015
Zadion said:

FUCK THIS SERIES

why are you watching it then? just drop it if you find that small thing will ruin the whole series....
Jul 25, 2015 3:20 AM

Feb 2015
This episode made me feel like Megumi is the one that will end up with Soma.
Erina is way too infatuated with Jouichirou to even look at Soma in that way, and even if something were to happen between them it would be short lived as she will always judge him based on his father's existence...
Jul 25, 2015 3:30 AM

Apr 2015
Zadion said:

FUCK THIS SERIES

Drop it now and get out of here!
#CHEXIT
Jul 25, 2015 5:01 AM

Nov 2013
Solid episode.
Jul 25, 2015 5:05 AM

Apr 2011
KaiserNazrin said:

That was a two-on-one Shokugeki where she had Soma as an assistant. This is a one-on-one that has been going on since Soma was in elementary school.
Jul 25, 2015 5:55 AM

Jul 2013
I really like this show but seriously? it took an entire episode just for that cooking match? I swear they spend too much detail on every single ingredient used. I even lost count on how much adjectives were used in describing almost everything. *sigh*
Jul 25, 2015 6:30 AM

Aug 2008
I heard that in the manga, there will be ping pong scene. Do they skip or we haven't reach that part yet?
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Jul 25, 2015 6:42 AM
Jun 2015
Zapredon said:
I heard that in the manga, there will be ping pong scene. Do they skip or we haven't reach that part yet?

Actually, it was before joichiro's arrival, but I think they will include it (maybe episode 19) since they are rearranging the order....
Jul 25, 2015 7:26 AM

Apr 2011
Zapredon said:

In the original order, it was supposed to be before Joichiro's arrival and just after the Karaage arc, meaning just before the Election arc challengers are announced, which is when Joichiro arrives. Now that the order is changed and considering the amount of episodes left, it's hard to make an accurate guess. With how faithful JC Staff has been till now, I'd assume they'll probably throw it in.
Jul 25, 2015 7:27 AM

Sep 2014
Great episode! Of course Joichiro'd win in the end, it was obvious. And I still don't want to skip the OP, tho the ED is definitely not my thing. And from what it looks like, the Anime will probably not fully adapt the Election arc. :/
Jul 25, 2015 7:42 AM

Jan 2014
Hmm so 480 lost matches now, and he even keeps record of it .__.
interesting episode though i expected Souma to lose.
Jul 25, 2015 8:45 AM

Nov 2013
Wait, they're going to do the Kaarage arc? Hurm. I hope they just setup for Autumn Election and won't cram it. I doubt that this won't get a second season.
Jul 25, 2015 9:00 AM
Apr 2015
can anyone explain the relationship between Erina and souma's father? I don't care of you spoil it, I just want to know
Jul 25, 2015 9:10 AM
Oct 2010
zerorequiem_ said:
Looks like Soma might get a step-mother in the near future.
Joke aside, why would Souma's dad want that (insert insult) of a woman for a wife? Going by what we've seen, he could get just about anyone he wanted.

More importantly, getting married once is probably more than enough with the serious wanderlust he has (assuming he did marry Souma's mom), doubt he would trade his freedom ever again.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Jul 25, 2015 9:18 AM

Dec 2013
PNDRetro said:
can anyone explain the relationship between Erina and souma's father? I don't care of you spoil it, I just want to know

There's really nothing to explain. Erina as a child had the chance to taste Jouichirou's cooking (which Soma gets to try almost on the daily), and became enamored by the cooking, and hence she is obsessed with him/his cooking.

There's really nothing much else about them that's been indicated in the manga. His cooking just happens to fit her picky tastes.

Happy they are doing the Karaage arc, since I don't give a shit about dem ships. Just enjoy watching Soma owning baddies.

Pretty sure that this season will end at the prelims, which is a good place to end it at. That'll just hype everything up for when season 2 comes around.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jul 25, 2015 9:44 AM
Jun 2015
PNDRetro said:

hmm...so here it goes(directly from wiki) :_

Jul 25, 2015 9:51 AM

Aug 2013
Good episode, but do not like how the authors portray the defeats of Souma, make it look very simple, like it was no big deal, well, now I saw that arches will not be skipped I was excited ..
Jul 25, 2015 9:56 AM
Oct 2010
Wojtini21 said:
Zadion said:

FUCK THIS SERIES

She still doesn't know it in manga either.

That's kind of a spoiler... but then again, it makes sense.

If Erina is to have any real chance to end up with Souma, she cannot know Joichiro is his father until their relationship is well developed, otherwise there will always be the doubt of it being unhealthily nurtured by a transference of emotion.

...Then again, it is fiction, so the author could ignore that issue completely if he isn't aware or doesn't care for it. But so far and with what you said, he is probably taking it into account.

Not that I see what's so good about Erina. She would need to stop being a bully, at the least, if she is ever to be likeable, imo.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Jul 25, 2015 10:23 AM

Dec 2013
Lucky ass Apple Prince...

I want to chuu chuu Megumi chan too!!!!!

5/5 Yukihira's dad is too op. Hue hue Erina, you tsundere.
"No one knows what the future holds. That's why its potential is infinite.” - Okabe Rintarou

"El Psy Congroo."

Kirino Kyousake Picture
Jul 25, 2015 10:41 AM
Jul 2018
Jouichiro is OP, I loved this episode and I'm glad they won't skip the next arc. I don't know why but I always watch this show when I'm starving :/
Jul 25, 2015 10:47 AM
Jul 2018
Oh man, I'm like Tadokoro when I wake up haha xD
I wanna pat Soma on the back.

SO THEY SWITCHED THE CHAPTERS
Thank goodness they didnt plan to skip the karaage arc, that was fun.
Jul 25, 2015 10:56 AM

Apr 2011
Ajunky said:
That's kind of a spoiler... but then again, it makes sense.

If Erina is to have any real chance to end up with Souma, she cannot know Joichiro is his father until their relationship is well developed, otherwise there will always be the doubt of it being unhealthily nurtured by a transference of emotion.

...Then again, it is fiction, so the author could ignore that issue completely if he isn't aware or doesn't care for it. But so far and with what you said, he is probably taking it into account.

Not that I see what's so good about Erina. She would need to stop being a bully, at the least, if she is ever to be likeable, imo.

Read this only if you want to be spoiled.
Jul 25, 2015 10:58 AM

Feb 2014
Another great episode!

Soma must've a patience of a saint after losing to his father 490 times in a row. Most people would've ripped their hair out and go insane if they lost to the same person that many times already. I know I would! ^^:

Still, the dishes looked fantastic. Soma's apple dish looked simple, but was very effective, but it was kinda lacking compared to Joichiro's appetising ramen dish.

Also, Megumi wearing Snow White's outfit during her foodgasm was great! ^_^
Jul 25, 2015 11:01 AM

Jun 2013
prince of apple k
Jul 25, 2015 11:08 AM

May 2015
Nice episode. Megumi <3. And that end. Now I want to know more about Ebina and Souma's father's story.

Jul 25, 2015 1:27 PM

Jul 2014
... APPOL ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

It looks like they are actually gonna adapt the Kaarage arc. Wasn't a big fan of it in the manga since it focuses on my less favourite characters. Oh well, at least we will get to see Souma be a badass like usual
Jul 25, 2015 3:50 PM

Feb 2014
SchwingBoner said:

Snow White Megumi and Prince Apple!

They look so cute but why did Fumio turn into a monkey? :O

Because she was being rejuvenated. In her case she went back to the dawn of human evolution. Thats why Souma said she rejuvenated too much right after lol.
Around and around the cycle goes.
Jul 25, 2015 8:41 PM
Jul 2010
"can't have an even number of judges"

*has an even number of judges of Megumi's Shokugeki* ...

ok.
Jul 25, 2015 9:19 PM

Oct 2013
Honestly, dat moment when Erina makes the connection between Souma and his father.
Jul 25, 2015 9:33 PM

Jun 2014
RemixX said:
"can't have an even number of judges"

*has an even number of judges of Megumi's Shokugeki* ...

ok.

They were uneven, some people there weren't judge but they "cheated" a little bit to give a lesson to Megumi and Shinomiya. Hell the shokugeki wasn't even official. Did you even saw the episode?
Jul 25, 2015 10:45 PM

Apr 2010
Loved the Snow White reference. Such a great episode.
Jul 26, 2015 12:12 AM

Sep 2013
Joichiro is such a role model father! Souma has some big shoes to fill!

This show makes me routinely hungry after every episode. Both Souma and his father's dishes seem delicious!
Jul 26, 2015 1:48 AM

Jan 2015
Another awesome episode, Megumi with Prince Apple?! LoL :P . I don't really understand at the last scene. waiting next episode..... ^_^
Jul 26, 2015 3:44 AM
Jun 2015
NazKouhai_1369 said:
Another awesome episode, Megumi with Prince Apple?! LoL :P . I don't really understand at the last scene. waiting next episode..... ^_^

Don't worry, you will understand it next episode....It showed some scenes from souma's hometown :)
Jul 26, 2015 3:55 AM
Oct 2012
Nice episode.
He lost again as expected.

Jul 26, 2015 3:55 AM
Jan 2015
I really liked this episode, but it revealed a flaw of the adaptation to me which may or may not be a flaw of the manga as well.

We're supposed to believe that Souma has improved drastically. He's learned new molecular gastronomy techniques, he's learned to cook a whole new range of food styles, etc.

Yet, there hasn't been a single frame of Souma sitting in a classroom learning any of this nonsense. If there was at least one or two 30 second scenes of Souma sitting down in a classroom and learning food facts to bring up later instead of pulling all of this nonsense out of his ass.

A small nitpick, to be sure, but the show would be very slightly better with that sort of scene happening at least once.
Jul 26, 2015 4:05 AM

Apr 2011
Kytrarewn said:
I really liked this episode, but it revealed a flaw of the adaptation to me which may or may not be a flaw of the manga as well.

We're supposed to believe that Souma has improved drastically. He's learned new molecular gastronomy techniques, he's learned to cook a whole new range of food styles, etc.

Yet, there hasn't been a single frame of Souma sitting in a classroom learning any of this nonsense. If there was at least one or two 30 second scenes of Souma sitting down in a classroom and learning food facts to bring up later instead of pulling all of this nonsense out of his ass.

A small nitpick, to be sure, but the show would be very slightly better with that sort of scene happening at least once.

I'd say it's because there's no point in showing them in the classes, because the real goodness is in him blowing apart the big names... or do you want multiple episodes with Soma giving foodgasms to random teachers? He does go to classes, but all of that is done off-screen, because it's not important.
Jul 26, 2015 4:18 AM
Jun 2015
yhunata said:
Kytrarewn said:

I'd say it's because there's no point in showing them in the classes, because the real goodness is in him blowing apart the big names... or do you want multiple episodes with Soma giving foodgasms to random teachers? He does go to classes, but all of that is done off-screen, because it's not important.

Actually, one episode showed it "The chef that never smiles"...
and yes, I agree with yhunata, and also that the school never focuses on regular classes, there are camps, tournaments, etc, which is a practical experience for them...
Jul 26, 2015 5:58 AM

Oct 2009
10/10 so far. I can't wait for next episodes. Manga, here I come! ))
Jul 26, 2015 6:05 AM

Apr 2011
ani12 said:
Actually, one episode showed it "The chef that never smiles"...

That was more an introduction to Megumi and Soma's skill against Totsuki student level chefs (before moving on to the big names, that is) than to actually show the class, I'd say.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2015

330 by Phaeton777 »»
Apr 17, 12:59 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2015

636 by o_ob6o_o »»
Apr 11, 7:41 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2015

221 by Emejotis »»
Apr 4, 8:59 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2015

186 by Duany »»
Mar 9, 1:59 PM

Poll: » Favorite op?

infinite_Shadows - Dec 31, 2023

13 by Arrow02 »»
Jan 2, 7:00 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.