Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
High School DxD (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Jul 24, 2015 10:41 AM
Jul 2018
EDIT: I'll be updating this post with the information you need, now that EX has finished. Don't ask for the summaries, use Google and don't be stupid.

To get right to it, you could say this season has been retconned, as it's now officially and alternate timeline that has been altered by Loki who came from the future in the canon (light novel) timeline. This happens in "High School DxD EX" which is a six-part mini-novel bundled with each volume of the BD's.

As I stated before, use your own wits to find a summary, seriously it's not hard. In the end, Loki is defeated and the timelines are corrected and all is returned to normal.

And finally, the multitude of teases for a fourth season:

So. Does this mean season 4 is confirmed? NO. Does this mean it's possible? Yes, in fact it's almost likely given the sales and popularity.

So does that mean Loki and UL will be the next season? NO. The next season will adapt volumes 9 & 10 of the light novel, as confirmed by TNK in an interview in Dragon Magazine in the July 2015 issue, should it be confirmed. It's been stated that it will go back to the canon, as Ex has corrected any inconsistency created by BorN. Loki is done for good now, both in the anime and the light novels. It was heavily implied the UL and their leader Valvazoa may return in the light novels someday, perhaps as the final enemy?

Finally, so what the heck is canon and now and what isn't? BorN is technically both canon and retconned at the same time. It's an alternate timeline that has since been fixed. The next anime season would continue on as if nothing happens, because the past has been corrected already. EX is completely canon and happens in the main light novel timeline, sometime after volume 14. BorN is one of the timelines Loki altered that is fixed via time travel mumbo jumbo.
removed-userFeb 6, 2016 9:29 AM
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 24, 2015 11:16 AM

May 2011
Ishibumi-sensei is a genius.
Jul 24, 2015 1:22 PM
Dec 2014
Wait whaaaaaaaaaaat?! So Issei's kids will change the course of the story we already know, so that it will match the one that the LN follow? or do i misunderstand something? And who does he have kids with?! :O
Jul 25, 2015 12:19 AM

Apr 2008
If this was planned from the start then Ishibumi is a fucking genius
Jul 25, 2015 12:21 AM

Feb 2015
Wow... I can see so many Issei kids
Jul 25, 2015 12:22 AM

Mar 2012
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

This is super awesome.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Jul 25, 2015 12:23 AM

Apr 2014
Holy shit. I take a back everything I said about the 3rd season.
Jul 25, 2015 2:45 AM

Dec 2013
Not to be a downer or anything, but I don't really understand why this is being seen as clever. If anything this is just going to be a huge middle finger to anime only watchers. It seems like a troll that is highly unnecessary and stupid to me.
Also I really don't understand why Ishibumi keeps confirming everyone is going survive the series. Now we know Vali, Kiba, and Azazel are safe along with every single harem mate. Even if he wasn't planning on killing anyone on the good side, it just kills any tension knowing that for a fact. It seems like dumb writing to me, not smart.
Aug 1, 2015 1:05 PM

Apr 2014
Not gonna call this genius move or something but AT LEAST they actually had planned something in mind when they made those horrendous change and that's quite fine.
Dunno whether it's good or bad since I didn't watched it yet though.
Aug 1, 2015 7:42 PM
Jul 2012
Since when does Issei got kids? This can't be true that Asia got killed. She means a lot to Issei. I mean in the LN, Asia will marry Issei after he marries Rias.
Aug 2, 2015 12:48 AM

Apr 2008
Chaos-Zero said:
Since when does Issei got kids? This can't be true that Asia got killed. She means a lot to Issei. I mean in the LN, Asia will marry Issei after he marries Rias.

The kids come from 30 years in the future of the true Timeline
Aug 2, 2015 11:31 PM
Apr 2015
I wonder if there is going to be any change of this being animated. I mean it really would be a dick move if they would suddenly continue from the novel route.

I watched the season again to see if i could find some possible hints or foreshadowing. But beside Loki's final quotes i got nothing (not to mention Fenrir still being nerfed and other stuff). This makes me almost 100 percent sure they didn't plan for this, atleast not in the first half of this season.
Aug 3, 2015 8:16 PM
May 2015
So he's gonna bang everyone except Ravel (sp?), Asia (cause she dead) and the valkyrie chick (completely forgot her name). So is this gonna be canon? (at least to the anime)

Reminds me of StB and the future arc confirming he gets with both chicks......
Aug 4, 2015 12:33 AM

Apr 2008
SovereignSky said:
So he's gonna bang everyone except Ravel (sp?), Asia (cause she dead) and the valkyrie chick (completely forgot her name). So is this gonna be canon? (at least to the anime)

Reminds me of StB and the future arc confirming he gets with both chicks......

There are more kids that have not come over yet actually
Aug 4, 2015 5:55 PM
Aug 2015
he needs to stay with rias
Aug 4, 2015 6:02 PM

Apr 2008
slagger12 said:

This is a confirmed Harem series. He's staying with all of them =_=
Aug 5, 2015 12:26 AM
Apr 2015
slagger12 said:

But he does, Rias would always be his main girl. It's just that this show heavily supports polygamy. And author wants to give everyone their happy ending, babies ever after style.
Aug 5, 2015 11:12 AM

Sep 2008
Ophis said:
This season has officially been retconned by the man himself. The BD's all come with a part of a one-shot called "High School DxD EX", and in this we see Issei's kids time travel to where this season ended.

Tl;dr this season is retconned by EX and also, season 4 was hinted with Rias wanting to talk to Azazel about there being a lot of Khaos Brigade members in the town lately with Sacred Gears. In other words...

I don't give a single F about that. I see this like this:
- People are mad because born was trash as anime and total sh*t as adaptation! What we will do!?
- Ask author to reconnect this crap with LN story by writing some sidestory so we could throw source material out of window next time!
HDxD as anime is done. They changed too much for creating adaptations of next volumes so either they will go full fanservice way and ignore LN story completely or they create true 3rd season that will actually adapt something. Aaaand I don't think they would back to adapting 5, 6 and 7 vol so next season IF IT EVER HAPPEN* will be probably named High School DxD Capu 4!

*born sold just 5k BD (IMO 5x more that it deserve), and LN sales dropped to 30k... So I don;t think we will see another anime season. And I don't want it - until it will ADAPT story from 5 and 6th volume.
SacredusAug 5, 2015 11:16 AM
Aug 5, 2015 11:15 AM

Apr 2008
Sacredus said:
Ophis said:
This season has officially been retconned by the man himself. The BD's all come with a part of a one-shot called "High School DxD EX", and in this we see Issei's kids time travel to where this season ended.

Tl;dr this season is retconned by EX and also, season 4 was hinted with Rias wanting to talk to Azazel about there being a lot of Khaos Brigade members in the town lately with Sacred Gears. In other words...

I don't give a single F about that. I see this like this:
- People are mad because born was trash as anime and total sh*t as adaptation! What we will do!?
- Ask author to reconnect this crap with LN story by writing some sidestory so we could throw source material out of window next time!
HDxD as anime is done. They changed too much for creating adaptations of next volumes so either they will go full fanservice way and ignore LN story completely or they create true 3rd season that will actually adapt something. Aaaand I don't think they would back to adapting 5, 6 and 7 vol so next season IF IT EVER HAPPEN* will be probably named High School DxD Capau 4!

*born sold just 5k BD (IMO 5x more that it deserve), and LN sales dropped to 30k... So I don;t think we will see another anime season. And I don't want it - until it will ADAPT story from 5 and 6th volume.

You don't get it. They are writing the side story to make it so that season four can act as if season three happened just like in the novels. Use your brain please
Aug 5, 2015 11:20 AM

Sep 2008
Oh. fanboys... And why they MUST write something like this? You really think they will back to ADAPTING novels? LOL. It's just "don't be maaaad, pleaasseee! See, author wrote sidestory so this crap is cannon now".

DxD as anime is dead for me until they adapt material that they butchered in born. 25 eps with 5eps for volume so they could adapt 5, 6 and 7 and can progress with story would be ok with me.
Aug 6, 2015 2:28 AM

Nov 2008
Hey is there a link for all this information?
Aug 6, 2015 3:06 AM

Apr 2008
HollowIchigo58 said:

Check out the DxD subreddit
Aug 6, 2015 4:27 PM

Nov 2008
Darklight0303 said:
HollowIchigo58 said:

So im really confused are they ramaking season 3?
Aug 6, 2015 6:23 PM
Aug 2015
He did thoroughly as the season is called High School DXD BorN.
Born is the birth of the children of Isse
Aug 6, 2015 8:13 PM

Dec 2013
HollowIchigo58 said:
Darklight0303 said:

Basically from what I got from the spoilers is that Issei's kids are going to put the timeline back to normal for season 4 if/when it happens. So basically if you don't have access to these stories that are coming with the bluray or don't read the Light Novels you're not going to know wtf is going on in season 4. Season 3 isn't being remade. It's just becoming a canon alternate universe. We won't be seeing the true season 3 ever. They're just going into season 4 as if everything before it was like the Light Novels. Hope that answers your question.
Aug 6, 2015 9:43 PM

Nov 2008
LordAura said:
HollowIchigo58 said:

Basically from what I got from the spoilers is that Issei's kids are going to put the timeline back to normal for season 4 if/when it happens. So basically if you don't have access to these stories that are coming with the bluray or don't read the Light Novels you're not going to know wtf is going on in season 4. Season 3 isn't being remade. It's just becoming a canon alternate universe. We won't be seeing the true season 3 ever. They're just going into season 4 as if everything before it was like the Light Novels. Hope that answers your question.

Yes thank you
Aug 7, 2015 7:26 PM

Sep 2011
The important question is whether or not Season 4 is confirmed. If so, fuck yes anime is saved.
Aug 7, 2015 9:40 PM

Mar 2014
LordAura said:
Not to be a downer or anything, but I don't really understand why this is being seen as clever. If anything this is just going to be a huge middle finger to anime only watchers. It seems like a troll that is highly unnecessary and stupid to me.
Also I really don't understand why Ishibumi keeps confirming everyone is going survive the series. Now we know Vali, Kiba, and Azazel are safe along with every single harem mate. Even if he wasn't planning on killing anyone on the good side, it just kills any tension knowing that for a fact. It seems like dumb writing to me, not smart.
QFT
Sep 28, 2015 5:36 AM
Sep 2015
So wait, is the one-shot, Highschool DxD EX, coupled with the BorN BDs or will it be with the season 4 BDs? That is my only real question about all this.
Sep 28, 2015 5:40 AM

Apr 2008
Zlogan said:
So wait, is the one-shot, Highschool DxD EX, coupled with the BorN BDs or will it be with the season 4 BDs? That is my only real question about all this.

It's with the BorN discs
Oct 7, 2015 4:13 AM
Jun 2015
This is so bullshit lol
Oct 7, 2015 7:10 AM

Apr 2008
KawaiiWalker said:
This is so bullshit lol

It's not as long as it fixes the trainwreck of season 3
Oct 7, 2015 8:49 AM

Sep 2011
Ophis said:
Apparently there's a rumor going around that Ishibumi and the distributor of DxD's rights; Fujimishobo and Kadokawa have met with Toei (oh god) about something.

Not quite sold on this because Ishibumi's Twitter has mentioned nothing, and I'm pretty sure Toei would ruin DxD, but in case it is true, people are saying they may be trying to reboot DxD, like FMA Brotherhood and HxH 2011. Thoughts?

Holy shit, if Toei gets their grubby hands on this series it's fucking dead. Like no way in hell we will get a remotely decent adaptation.
Oct 7, 2015 9:01 AM

Jul 2013
Ophis said:
Apparently there's a rumor going around that Ishibumi and the distributor of DxD's rights; Fujimishobo and Kadokawa have met with Toei (oh god) about something.

Not quite sold on this because Ishibumi's Twitter has mentioned nothing, and I'm pretty sure Toei would ruin DxD, but in case it is true, people are saying they may be trying to reboot DxD, like FMA Brotherhood and HxH 2011. Thoughts?

That sounds way too far-fetched. It has barely been 3 years since the first adaptation and there would be little to no benefits in rebooting it.

Also Toei wouldn't necessarily "ruin" DxD. If they're given a good budget then they'll do a decent work as they've shown they're capable of before.
Oct 7, 2015 9:20 AM

Sep 2011
Kruzy said:

That sounds way too far-fetched. It has barely been 3 years since the first adaptation and there would be little to no benefits in rebooting it.

Also Toei wouldn't necessarily "ruin" DxD. If they're given a good budget then they'll do a decent work as they've shown they're capable of before.

Toei only seems to ever put effort for movies/specials. Outside of that they haven't actually done a decent job since like Thriller Bark with One Piece. They have been outsourcing and cutting corners with all their shows for a while now. I wouldn't want Toei to touch Highschool DxD because of it's genre not so much because of the animation. They would censor the hell out if it so they can push it into a profitable time slot.

Not that I really believe that there is a snowball's chance in hell that Toei will ever pick up this series.
Oct 8, 2015 10:27 AM

Apr 2013
I'm confused guys, I haven't been around for a while and this happens... rebooot?...EX??....specials???....movie????....TOEI!!! -_-

WTF??!!
As of 27/7/14 I have decided trap anime Sword Art Online II has more appeal than Mahouka.
Oct 8, 2015 1:11 PM
Jul 2012
Is there a way to save Asia from that happening? I heard that Issei's kids from the distant future time traveling to fix things up.
Oct 11, 2015 12:45 AM
Jun 2013
When is season 4 coming out?
-Rox
Oct 13, 2015 2:34 AM
Sep 2015
Can someone please explain to me what happens to Asia ?
Last time i checked she was alive at the end of highschool DxD born.
Oct 17, 2015 10:15 AM
Oct 2015
Apparently the fourth season is coming this December
Oct 17, 2015 10:16 AM

Sep 2011
kallax said:

Sauce?
Oct 17, 2015 10:24 AM

Apr 2008
kallax said:

There's nothing of the sort on Ishibumi's twitter so I call bullshit
Oct 29, 2015 12:06 AM
Oct 2015
When will it be released and why does Issei have many kids? Did he marry all of the girls including Koneko's sister?
Oct 29, 2015 2:17 AM

Apr 2008
NoScoper said:
When will it be released and why does Issei have many kids? Did he marry all of the girls including Koneko's sister?

Duh what else
Oct 29, 2015 2:51 PM

May 2013
Darklight0303 said:
kallax said:

There's nothing of the sort on Ishibumi's twitter so I call bullshit

I'm with you darklight that would be nice but legit if no fucking sauce then bullshit.
Once Bitten, Twice Shy
Nov 1, 2015 2:39 AM
Nov 2015
So guys why is Season 3 so messed up. I just finished watching it and I dont read the LN so pls explain
Nov 1, 2015 2:45 AM

Apr 2008
mykickass100 said:
So guys why is Season 3 so messed up. I just finished watching it and I dont read the LN so pls explain

Everything after Shalba is defeated is anime original and horribly lazy at it too
Nov 25, 2015 9:30 AM
Oct 2015
Its not fair I thought season 4 he tries to prove himself enough for Ria's virginity.
Nov 25, 2015 10:45 AM

Apr 2008
onewhocancope said:
Its not fair I thought season 4 he tries to prove himself enough for Ria's virginity.

I have to wonder if you're serious or not
Nov 25, 2015 12:10 PM
Oct 2015
I haven't read the Light Novels and I already watched season 3 so I don't know what will happen I went to other post like this and they said that.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » High School DxD BorN Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 16, 2015

144 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 10, 11:00 AM

Poll: » High School DxD BorN Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 9, 2015

135 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 10, 9:51 AM

» The last three episodes are filler

5hyguy - Feb 24

16 by adityakush_477 »»
Mar 28, 12:10 AM

Poll: » High School DxD BorN Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2015

341 by The_proxD138 »»
Jan 1, 3:54 PM

Poll: » High School DxD BorN Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 23, 2015

175 by DoryWinter »»
Nov 22, 2023 2:19 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.