Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 24, 2015 10:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
THAT HANDSHAKE. I find it funny how much they put focus into it.

The story's pacing still feels slow but this one had a few moments where I thought was amusing. In particular, we also got Kaito and the others to really get their message across on campus. Gotta say though...his tactics are clever.

Nagisa taking quite the risk with his decisions this episode.
Stark700Jul 24, 2015 12:59 PM
Jul 24, 2015 1:03 PM

Jan 2012
Heh, so A-TEC managed to bend the rules in their favor, nice to see that obnoxious Angelina err...Hanako on the receiving end. Next week: some much needed fanservice! :D
Jul 24, 2015 1:24 PM

Feb 2008
It's starting to get better :)

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Jul 24, 2015 1:40 PM

Apr 2010
My doubts about this anime increased this episode to me it seems things are getting worse.
But i guess i will look how it turns out.
Jul 24, 2015 1:44 PM

Dec 2012
Angelina really hates being called by her real name. I wonder why?

Looking forward to see Nagisa finally strikes back to his brother and maybe finally help Kaito and the gang.
Jul 24, 2015 1:52 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Way to go A-TEC =o

Gotta really give it to them for not giving up and coming up with such a brilliant plan in order to get the funds that they need.....I'm really happy to see that everyone that left came back and never actually gave up on the team :)

Pretty good episode overall.....The Angelina bit at the end was funny lol and dat Nagisa smile tho =P
Jul 24, 2015 2:26 PM
Jul 2018
A-TEC came up with a brilliant plan.
Jul 24, 2015 2:30 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Rather than the issues A-TEC were facing until now (and the upcoming ones), I care more about whether Kaito X Hanako would come to pass.

Jul 24, 2015 2:52 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Vindstot said:
Rather than the issues A-TEC were facing until now (and the upcoming ones), I care more about whether Kaito X Hanako would come to pass.
I ship them even more as well lol
Jul 24, 2015 2:54 PM
Jan 2014
No matter how much I try I still can't seem to like the A-TEC group, especially Kaito.

At this point I'm only here for a possible a Nagisa x Hanako and the business side of things.
Jul 24, 2015 3:38 PM

Jan 2011
I suspect the way that the fireworks are played up between Kaito and Hanako that that ship is solid.

I found this fascinating (fair notice, I'm a former union executive and union local president) if only because it dealt with the dynamics of union/management relations really well. The student members of A-Tech are in a somewhat tenuous position with the union, since they will graduate soon, are under-aged, and probably not full members. Kaito is the individual who most comes under the union mandate, so they can address his issues (while also dealing with the unpaid overtime by under-aged employees). Nagisa's move of promoting Kaito to management is actually a fairly common way of dealing with employees who develop a profile in union activities, and it wasn't unknown in my experience to be facing former union presidents or bargaining agents across the negotiating table who were now working for the employer. Even the "corporate dogs" comment, followed by the quiet congratulatory word after the meeting was pretty true to life--since often a union leader spends as much time working with management to try and solve problems as they do working with their members.

It also looks like the upcoming elections may be driving the whole move to shut down A-tech. This is strange since the union's preferred party is actually one whose election would benefit the entire rocket industry--so why is Nagisa's brother opposing it?
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Jul 24, 2015 4:41 PM

Dec 2014
[size=500]Subtly!

[size=100]The union representatives leaving scene is embarrassingly hilarious, like they are trying really hard to appeal to teenagers, not to mention how horribly one-dimensional, every characters are, some of them even out right comedic, outside of the gang. Not a surprise really, given the direction they are going for, like shoehorn in a high school setting when it's clearly not needed, and it only makes the setting more confusing.

Beach episode? Really?
Jul 24, 2015 4:48 PM
Oct 2010
Mizeteo said:
Angelina really hates being called by her real name. I wonder why?

Probably because it makes her a ninja, a toilet monster, or some demon crossbreed between the two.

I'm still very much on the fence for this one. None of the characters have struck me as likable in the least, and the story, such as it is, has been rather flat. But hey, fanservice episode next week, right? Right? Ugh. That was quick.
Jul 24, 2015 5:00 PM
May 2014
Tokoya said:
Way to go A-TEC =o

Gotta really give it to them for not giving up and coming up with such a brilliant plan in order to get the funds that they need.....I'm really happy to see that everyone that left came back and never actually gave up on the team :)

Pretty good episode overall.....The Angelina bit at the end was funny lol and dat Nagisa smile tho =P

Brilliant...and orchestrated by Nagisa.
Study the previous episode, when Nagisa gets in his face about Sera needing money.
He provided everything they needed. In this episode he continues by giving Sera the
promotion Sera needed to make it work.

He made Sera & co believe they came up with it themselves, and at the same time,
gave a few additional tidbits on how things works in the company (iow, confirming how
to further work "around" him).
konatachan80Jul 24, 2015 5:05 PM
Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!
-- Lord fifth
Jul 24, 2015 5:45 PM

Feb 2012
So much character assassination this episode. If there was a textbook example of how "not" to utilize your buildup, it's this.

rodac said:
I found this fascinating (fair notice, I'm a former union executive and union local president) if only because it dealt with the dynamics of union/management relations really well.

Nagisa's move of promoting Kaito to management is actually a fairly common way of dealing with employees who develop a profile in union activities, and it wasn't unknown in my experience to be facing former union presidents or bargaining agents across the negotiating table who were now working for the employer.

That may be, but why did we wait four episodes to get to this conclusion? I could understand if there was more of a struggle beforehand, but it's like this anticlimax was thrown in at the last minute.
FlawfinderJul 24, 2015 6:02 PM
I Write About Anime (and other stuff) At Standing On My Neck
Jul 24, 2015 6:03 PM

Jun 2013
This was a really solid episode! Best one so far! :)
Jul 24, 2015 6:11 PM

Nov 2013
This anime is consistently surprising me. I hope it continues along this pace and general plotline.
Jul 24, 2015 6:27 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
konatachan80 said:
Tokoya said:
Way to go A-TEC =o

Brilliant...and orchestrated by Nagisa.
Study the previous episode, when Nagisa gets in his face about Sera needing money.
He provided everything they needed. In this episode he continues by giving Sera the
promotion Sera needed to make it work.

He made Sera & co believe they came up with it themselves, and at the same time,
gave a few additional tidbits on how things works in the company (iow, confirming how
to further work "around" him).
In short he laid out the foundation and they finished it.....Props to all of them
Jul 24, 2015 7:07 PM

Oct 2008
Well, dropped this one. Four episodes in and I keep asking myself why am I putting the effort to go through 20 minutes of something that can't draw me in in any aspect. Unfortunate.
Jul 24, 2015 8:41 PM

Mar 2015
The tables have turned - it seems they have gradually regained success.

Hmm, I can sense a lot fan-service next episode...
Jul 24, 2015 9:26 PM

Apr 2015
Just an Ok episode i guess
Jul 24, 2015 10:22 PM

Jul 2014
Am I the only one who hates A-TEC and wants them to be disbanded?

Also this show managed to get about 3 times more boring with this one episode
Jul 24, 2015 11:05 PM

Jul 2014
FUCK NAGISA AND ANGELINA. I seriously wanna kill them both. On the other hand, why doesnt members of A-tec just leave the company and go work for other Companies in the same market. Im pretty sure a lot of the companies would hire them due to their ability to create new inventions
Shirayuki= Most Perfect Female MC ever
Jul 24, 2015 11:12 PM

Apr 2010
So they found a loophole to keep depending on big funds. Good going. Not.

Dropping this, show has nothing going for it.
Jul 25, 2015 2:30 AM

Jul 2014
Hopefully, this show picks up the pace. :( Honestly, the only things I like in this anime are the OP and ED..but I'll continue to stick around! I still see some potential for it to become a good anime.
Jul 25, 2015 2:40 AM
Jan 2010
FUCK NAGISA AND ANGELINA. I seriously wanna kill them both. On the other hand, why doesnt members of A-tec just leave the company and go work for other Companies in the same market. Im pretty sure a lot of the companies would hire them due to their ability to create new inventions

Kirishina is THE company on Mars, or at least in the Fourth Tokyo prefecture. No other company stands close to it.

Hopefully, this show picks up the pace. :( Honestly, the only things I like in this anime are the OP and ED..but I'll continue to stick around! I still see some potential for it to become a good anime.

It is a decent anime at the moment. People just have to get used to the fact that corporate politics usually isn't interesting to many but that should stop them from appreciating the story.
Jul 25, 2015 2:42 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
I really hope, it gets better. The politics in this anime are not really my cup of tea either (Gate has a more interesting and more unique side of politics). I was struggling to understand what was going on, i only got out of this that A-Tec are stuck between tables (Nagisa and the Union).

Nagisa is starting to help, possibly in order to get under the skin of his brother?
Jul 25, 2015 3:09 AM

Aug 2012
The naivety of Sera is almost unbearable, almost. I understand they want to pursue their big big dreams, but they need to realize how many assets they're wasting. And what did they do as a last resort? Exploit the loophole? lol.

But it's apparent that Nagisa is orchestrating all of this, though I doubt they're going to welcome him with open arms once he finally dealt with his obnoxious brother.
Jul 25, 2015 3:16 AM
Jan 2011
I watch it for a guide in management 101!
Jul 25, 2015 4:20 AM

Dec 2013
Nagisa is such a boss. He's politically and psychologically moving Sera's team at will. Sera may think that him and his team's plan's were under Nagisa's radar, but in the end he was the one who organized, orchestrated and set it all up. Sera is basically the happy-go-lucky, "spend all the money first, ask questions later" figurehead that Nagisa needed as a pawn to go up against his own brother. He wasn't even mad that Sera's refurnishing of the old building succeeded.

I'm totally rooting for Nagisa here to take over the corporation from his dumbass brother. Love all the politics and the corporate maneuvering this show presents.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jul 25, 2015 5:01 AM

Jun 2014
The whole use of the political backing for A-TEC was interesting. Still this series hasn't taken off...
All credit goes to Sacred.
Jul 25, 2015 7:03 AM

Jan 2014
Yes! the team is back ╭( ・ㅂ・)و ̑̑ ˂ᵒ͜͡ᵏᵎ⁾✩
They also discovered a pretty nifty way to exploit the system. Overall a good episode.
Jul 25, 2015 8:05 AM
Jul 2018
That was the best one yet for me. I'm glad they won this round and I can't wait to see what will happen next. Angelina was hilarious XD
Jul 25, 2015 10:19 AM
Feb 2015
Kaito x hanako? Or nagisa x hanako? I'm just interested in that now... A-tec made some smart moves but I feel like nagisa is going against his brother.

Swimsuits and fanservice next episode? Hopefully they make it worth it for the people that didn't drop this anime so early
[center] *>.>[Spoiler][/spoiler]<.<*
[center]
Jul 25, 2015 10:48 AM

Oct 2014
I wasn't quite onboard with this show on the first episode, but this show just keeps getting better and better with each episode. Feel bad for all the people who dropped it too early. I feel like they're going to be missing out.

Now the next episode seems...interesting. Probably not going to be that spectacular all things considered, but eh. I'm fine with it, I suppose.
Jul 25, 2015 11:27 AM

Jun 2012
The more I watch this show, the more I'm convinced it's a series about nothing. It keeps spinning its wheels with barely any new nuance to its major players to distract enough from the formula of corporate problem-->Kaito depressed-->find solution/resolve-->repeat. The episode itself is also fast paced but simultaneously takes forever to get anywhere. A shame too, because the first episode is a strong debut. The Kaito-Nagisa-Angelina dynamic doesn't happen often enough, and individually none of them are 'it' enough to carry the show. It needs to start letting some of its other characters shine. Fast.

A show that can't admire the roses of its characters along the way, no matter how strong the story is, is nothing but a document. Plenty for the teeth to sink into, but barely any flavor to savor.
Jul 25, 2015 12:39 PM

Aug 2010
This anime is pretty meh.

There is the business rivalry thing which I suppose is the core conflict, but it really doesn't focus on that it instead focuses on the A-tec + school life stuff which just feels tacked on (filler). I mean A-tec is being shown as pawns in the main battle, but they get all the screen time despite them being pretty irrelevant to the story. What are they doing again? Building a ship for some race mentioned sometime ago, or something about trickle down R&D tech for the main company? Who even cares?

Also they seemingly are making it clear as day Nagisa is pulling some sort of "I'll be the villain so they'll work hard to defeat me." way of whipping A-tec into shape, but at the same time they are playing up his "dislike" for A-tech/Kaito like they also want to use the fact that he is helping them out as some sort of plot twist shocking moment for the ending. I dunno maybe they think they are being subtle about it?
Jul 25, 2015 5:09 PM

Oct 2013
Do not like this anime at all. Besides the obvious of having poor animation, the message sent through this is just brutal. Talk about reinforcing spoiled behavior and the belief of entitlement. Earlier, I had hoped the show was join to go in the direction of "build it from scratch, by yourself, through hard work" instead it takes "if your parents (figuratively speaking) don't give you money, find a way to take their hard earned money through loopholes and use it yourself." Dropping this show unfortunately.
Jul 25, 2015 5:51 PM
Jan 2010
I mean A-tec is being shown as pawns in the main battle, but they get all the screen time despite them being pretty irrelevant to the story.

WRONG. They are key players like Nagisa and Kaito. And what main battle? This not a battle shounen, you know.

Talk about reinforcing spoiled behavior and the belief of entitlement. Earlier, I had hoped the show was join to go in the direction of "build it from scratch, by yourself, through hard work" instead it takes "if your parents (figuratively speaking) don't give you money, find a way to take their hard earned money through loopholes and use it yourself."

Welcome to corporate hell.
Jul 25, 2015 6:35 PM

May 2013
I thought the whole budget crisis and A-TEC 5 members leaving will be dragged but im glad it didn't. Makes me like Kaito in this episode.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Jul 25, 2015 7:56 PM

Apr 2015
The lack of good characters(and Angelina who is shite) is really hurting. I'm starting to think this is not for me at all.
Jul 25, 2015 11:22 PM

Dec 2014
That's quite some authority Kaito has there.

Hanako x Kaito
Jul 26, 2015 12:37 AM

Jun 2013
oh now they have the union with them but to no avail it seems
Jul 26, 2015 12:40 PM

Feb 2015
The interaction and level of trust between Kaito and his students is nice.
Nagisa still a pretty cunning and down to earth character. Really looking forward to know more about him (back-story), as well what his real intentions are (I hope there is more than meets the eye than him just wanting to become CEO).

Also looking forward to know more about Hanako’s (Angelina’s) past: her reason for not liking her name, as well her over-flirtatious aptitude towards Nagisa.

Voltning said:
Kaito x hanako? Or nagisa x hanako? I'm just interested in that now...

C’mon bro, you got it wrong...... it’s Kaito x Hanako and Nagisa x Mizuki (opposite attract each other). There is no Nagisa x Hanato; that couple does not compute.

I bet Mizuki, will play a big role in Nagisa’s character development, and/or vice versa, later on the story. Thus growing closer.

Jul 26, 2015 1:29 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
A slight improvement over the last chapters, but i still think the characters lack a bit of oomph.

Isn't it an old tradition to have the obligatory beach/onsen scenes in episodes 7 or 8?
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jul 26, 2015 10:06 PM

Jun 2012
Should of known there would be a beach episode lol
Jul 26, 2015 11:38 PM

Jan 2013
Christ some of the characters were so annoying this episode...
Jul 28, 2015 4:50 AM

Dec 2012
They found a way to survive. This episode was ok, for the moment I can't really appreciate this anime.
Jul 28, 2015 5:10 PM

May 2015
Guess a bit better than previous episodes.

Jul 28, 2015 9:54 PM

Oct 2011
Good job A-Tec
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Classroom☆Crisis Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2015

136 by Assassin2112 »»
Jan 9, 2023 6:11 PM

Poll: » Classroom☆Crisis Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2015

37 by Assassin2112 »»
Jan 8, 2023 9:58 PM

Poll: » Classroom☆Crisis Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2015

125 by EsieEyen »»
Jun 9, 2022 7:43 PM

Poll: » Classroom☆Crisis Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2015

58 by BritishBlitz87 »»
Nov 10, 2021 2:15 PM

Poll: » Classroom☆Crisis Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 21, 2015

36 by BritishBlitz87 »»
Nov 2, 2021 2:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.