Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 24, 2015 8:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hmm, I'm not entirely sure how to feel about the style of this season's OP song.

Episode felt kinda slow and gloomy for first half.
I think the season is really trying to warm up itself before the grand stuff comes. Kaede looking great though on stage:

Good song too.
Stark700Jul 24, 2015 8:32 AM
Jul 24, 2015 9:15 AM

Dec 2013
really enjoyed Kaede's song and her character, i hope we see more of her in future episodes
meowbertJul 24, 2015 9:38 AM
Jul 24, 2015 9:20 AM

Feb 2013
Even more small cameos this episode.
Kaede finally played a more major role this episode, she has some of the best songs in my opinion.
I like this opening more than the one from the first half.
Good episode, a bit gloomy, but it seems like they're setting up some greater things for the later episodes.

Jul 24, 2015 9:29 AM

Jul 2014
Good song, but it would have been better without them talking over it the whole time. Also, it's pretty clear that the new woman doesn't understand anything about how idols think, given that she only cares about results. It's also ridiculous how she thinks that starting everything from scratch will yield better results when all that will happen (as shown here) is that everything will just end up getting disrupted and everyone will end up demotivated.
Jul 24, 2015 11:08 AM

May 2011
That s(mile)ing piano version was so much win

Good episode overall though, I'm actually liking this ALOT more than the 1st season
RockerXDJul 24, 2015 11:17 AM
Jul 24, 2015 11:20 AM

Mar 2013
So that new manager want immediate result. And that result is an overseas success. It kinda contradicts each other. So yeah, she is pretty much the worst person, whom you can put in charge. Not to mention that she is overestimating popularity of idols outside Japan. Who they think idols are? German metal bands?

But anyway, I'm always glad to hear Saori Hayami's singing and Koi Kaze is one of my favorite songs of hers (full version exists already, BTW).
Jul 24, 2015 11:22 AM

Aug 2013
This whole disbanding drama felt a little forced to me. At least the new manager should have really explained how the current projects are too slow/ not making enough profits(?) in greater detail.

But well, at least I get to hear Hayami Saori sing <3
Cute is justice.
Jul 24, 2015 11:47 AM

Nov 2011
Kaede was so beautiful. It woould've been nice to hear all her songs on stage. Well i can just replay them on my iphone.
Hate Keeps me warm
Jul 24, 2015 12:14 PM

Jan 2011
DAT KOI KAZE
K O I K A Z E

My first wish for cinderella girls anime is watch Koi Kaze (Kaede's song) in moving graphic. That wish come true in this episode so I'm happy ;v;

nuff said.
Jul 24, 2015 12:58 PM
Jul 2018
Kaede looks beautiful. Nice to hear her song.
Jul 24, 2015 2:01 PM

May 2011
AntonKutovoi said:
Not to mention that she is overestimating popularity of idols outside Japan. Who they think idols are? German metal bands?

Keep in mind, this is the idolm@s universe. Miki has overseas success for example
Jul 24, 2015 3:04 PM

May 2014
Mishiro is autistic, Kaede did good and Take P is still adorable.

Seriously, that one little scene where TakeP picked up that photo and put it on his desk warmed my heart and made my egao shine.

I hope to god that Koume and Syoko aren't actually leaving, that adorable mushroom nutter is one of my favourites.
Passion-FruitJul 24, 2015 7:26 PM
Jul 24, 2015 10:10 PM

Jan 2008
Holy shit, when did MAL start offering simulcast streaming!? I just hope it doesn't become the next Animenewsnetwork. I'll definitely start watching this show here next week.
Jul 24, 2015 10:21 PM
▬▬ι═══════ﺤ

Feb 2012
I much prefer the first seasons opening. I'll miss winking back at Kirari during the OP.

Man, Idolm@s loves montages. I feel like the first half could've been trimmed and it would've been better, if not just as good. At least with 765-Pro it had insert songs during montages. I wasn't a fan of the montage in this episode.

Kaede definitely stole the spotlight this episode.
"There is nothing outside of yourself that enables you to get better. Everything is within. Seek nothing outside of yourself." ⛩️

Jul 24, 2015 10:33 PM

Nov 2012
drama episodes are always my least favorite in idol shows. this one was okay though, and kaede's performance was pretty cool.
Jul 24, 2015 10:45 PM

Jun 2008
F UCK YEAHHHH

Finalyl KoiKaze...I cried a bit when she started singing and after hearing her backstory. T_T

RockerXD said:
AntonKutovoi said:
Not to mention that she is overestimating popularity of idols outside Japan. Who they think idols are? German metal bands?

Keep in mind, this is the idolm@s universe. Miki has overseas success for example

Just adding stuff, Besides Miki going to Hollywood, We have Chihaya who went to New York.

So yeah, Mishiro wasn't wrong with her vision and decisions. She's actually quite "nice" and didn't go full dictator and still allowed Producer to come up with an alternate idea.

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Jul 25, 2015 1:47 AM

Jul 2014
AntonKutovoi said:
So that new manager want immediate result. And that result is an overseas success. It kinda contradicts each other. So yeah, she is pretty much the worst person, whom you can put in charge. Not to mention that she is overestimating popularity of idols outside Japan. Who they think idols are? German metal bands?

But anyway, I'm always glad to hear Saori Hayami's singing and Koi Kaze is one of my favorite songs of hers (full version exists already, BTW).

Where is the full version available at? The only version I can seem to find is a music box version, whatever that means.
Jul 25, 2015 2:52 AM

Jun 2008
danieltortoisee said:
AntonKutovoi said:

Where is the full version available at? The only version I can seem to find is a music box version, whatever that means.

Try Searching with this " THE iDOLM@STER CINDERELLA MASTER 004 高垣楓" or with Kaede Takagaki

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Jul 25, 2015 4:21 AM

Apr 2012
Though it was gloomy at first half,I like that Kaede take the spotlight in this episode.

let's see how Take-P gonna solve the current problem with his proposal.

I kinda like this scene :

when they wore that apron,it feels like being welcomed by wifes LoL.
Jul 25, 2015 7:06 AM

Aug 2010
This is the first time this anime have made me feel genuinely excited and happy.
It was such a good episode. Kaede is without any doubt, the best cinderella! I was really touched during her performance, specially when she said she wouldn't take the new job because she wanted to perform on that stage again <3
Jul 25, 2015 4:47 PM

May 2012
a fun episode, cool to see kaede lol
Jul 25, 2015 6:50 PM

Oct 2008
Passion-Fruit said:

Seriously, that one little scene where TakeP picked up that photo and put it on his desk warmed my heart and made my egao shine.

Do I have to quote you and give a +1 on every episode?
Jul 27, 2015 5:18 AM

Apr 2012
Great ep, Kaede standing up to the new producer was great.
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Jul 27, 2015 11:04 AM

Apr 2012
Idolm@ster episode 16/episode 3 of 2nd season preview :

is it Nana time next episode?we'll see.
Jul 27, 2015 9:01 PM
Mar 2015
danieltortoisee said:

I posted a full version on youtube a while back but it got taken down due to copyright. Should check out the game version too. It's pretty cool.

linklnk99Jul 27, 2015 9:05 PM
Jul 28, 2015 11:30 AM

Aug 2008
Kagetora_Juichi said:

bunny ears why
Jul 29, 2015 2:42 AM

Aug 2014
destructo22 said:
Kagetora_Juichi said:

bunny ears why

Nana is just that whimsical.
Jul 29, 2015 1:47 PM

Jul 2015
So have they shown Anzu Futaba yet? Cuz that's the only one I really care about :3
Aug 2, 2015 1:59 AM
Aug 2015
Cinderella Girls getting a worn-out room. Trying to bring some of the 765 spirit into 346?

And that almost-suggestion from Mio. "School festival"? Pfft! How absurd! W-who would ever think of having idols in a school setting?
Aug 4, 2015 12:20 AM

Feb 2010
Wth? It's been like a little over a week and there's barely comments for episode 2? Meh. Anyways, looks like the budget for season 2 OP was also lowered. It's like they brought back the department of the movie to do this again. Fugety awkward body movements, you go A1!

Another episode of glorifying how great every idol in the im@s universe is. Can't go wrong, since they are the "m@sters of the idol world" (actual used tittle). Already the deciding factor of how this unit will be above the rest. I like how they try to add more female members in the audience, lol..For a franchise that relies heavily on male arousal, you can figure why their most well profited games are their gravure modeling. And more of course role call dialogues. Having a huge cast can be a problem, but some shows can manage and some..just brush it under the rug and hope some cheap tactics fair well.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 5, 2015 6:28 AM

Mar 2011
Kaede and producer best girl of this episode! Finally a reason to watch this.
Aug 5, 2015 4:46 PM

May 2013
What an ominous start. Oh, hey, a new opening.

Good on you, Producer. Would also like to see more into the many other idol units and their respective members.

That's how the business world works, Mio. Leave it to Uzuki to reassure everyone.

Kaede reminds me of Anastasia. Wonder how old she is...

Mom Minami <333

The song was different than what I expected, but it was aight. Everyone looks great in cleaning attire.
Oct 4, 2015 10:24 AM

Jan 2010
Them cleaning outfits at the end of the episode. The Cinderella metaphors are as real as ever I see. It might actually be fun to rewatch Cinderella Girls to point out how many references to the story are made. With how in love this show is with Cinderella, I'm sure there's a lot of subtle things to go along with the blatantly obvious stuff. Or that might just be me being optimistic, who knows.
Nov 5, 2015 10:25 AM

Feb 2013
Kaede is so awesome, yay for her.

Dec 12, 2015 9:24 AM

Sep 2014
Kaede-san was fun to watch. Her song was Good.
Aug 26, 2016 7:57 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
TsundereHeart said:
wait am i the only one here that's confused about where this show is going?

like at first they say "all projects cancelled, we will select good idols". So I thought they were firing everybody, but they haven't left yet?

Then the next thing I thought was "maybe they'll keep their idols, but cancel all of their current schedules jobs". But Kaede is still doing her gig?

what actually is going on...or are they just taking their sweet time in firing their employees? "Yeah we're going to kick you to the curb but hold on keep making us money until we find your replacements" kind of deal?

Also if it's the first scenario, then the new director is...retarded? Just seems to be common sense that if a company fires like all of their employees (well, idols but they're the ones that matter) then it will just tank.

This is why I hate corporate people. More money = better results, in the idols case, more money = better gigs. Kaede did well in turning down the deal, an idol isn't just a cash growing person, money isn't everything. Connecting with the fans and building that fanbase is more important that what the director had in mind, at least imo.

I never understood what was so special about Kaede but man this episode made me like her quite a lot. She's easily one of the most mature girls in the show. Her personality is very likable. Laid back, serious when need be but also charmful. My favorite scene from this episode was when she asked for a drink even if it was small, the way she said it and the smile, gorgeous.

It is odd that the girls are still doing gigs but well the most likely reason for that is waiting until the director pulls the plug. It would be pretty careless if they stopped performing right after being told that their project got canceled.

Oct 6, 2016 7:31 PM

Jan 2008
God dammit, just had to force in some plot drama with some random character out of no where.

Hope it doesn't take up the entire season.
Oct 11, 2016 2:04 PM

May 2010
Kaede got personality for sure, liking her.
Sep 28, 2017 11:41 AM

Jul 2015
So the enemy is inside this time.

A lovely lady like Kaede could only be voiced by Saori Hayami, god I love her voice.
Jun 28, 2020 11:19 AM

May 2018
New OP is good. The new director is just like a normal CEO lol, money >>> quality of smiles
Jun 10, 2021 2:37 PM
Apr 2019
One of the reason I started this show is Kaede takagaki...so delighted she finally has arrived on the stage

I'm thinnking on my ideal cinderella girls script,where Shibuya will be the only MC and Kaede will be the overpowered friendly rival that Rin will try to overcome... would have been much better
Aug 21, 2021 2:57 AM

Feb 2020
Kaede Takagaki did a great job by inspiring all the girls.

SerafosDec 22, 2023 3:48 AM
Jun 12, 2022 2:24 AM

Aug 2018
All groups in 346th are worried, it seems..
That game show we saw in the previous season.. Also got canceled, it seems..
I expected more from Mishiro, to be honest.. Demolishing isn't building, she is kind of slow with the building, to be honest.. We saw like what?.. Only 1 proposal to Kaede, and that's it?.. But halting everyone's activities meanwhile.. Idea of regrouping isn't bad in itself.. But with how she's trying to be productive and stuff.. I see not much so far.. Maybe it's left off screen, who knows..

More topics from this board

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 2, 2015

58 by Natdrewathing »»
Jan 30, 12:10 PM

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2015

47 by HibiChika »»
Jan 9, 12:17 PM

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2015

77 by HibiChika »»
Jan 8, 12:49 PM

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 16, 2015

88 by Destroyer31 »»
Jun 20, 2023 12:13 AM

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2015

56 by MadanielFL »»
May 4, 2023 10:32 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.