Must be a Club Member to Reply
Joined: Dec 2009
[b]【 MAGIC vs SCIENCE 】[/b]
:: E V E N T - R E G I S T R A T I O N ::
:: G E N E R A L - I N F O ::
In Reality, the distinction between Science and Magic has not made, and both are closely related to religion. As time progressed (especially in the western world), the idea of magic, the will of a person influencing the universe, waned, while science, the facts and observable evidence in the universe influencing humankind's interpretation, became more prevalent. Alchemy, steeped as it was in astrology and the occult, evolved into chemistry. Scientific theory slowly became independent of the magical and the supernatural. This process was known as the Enlightenment, and shaped science as we know it today.
"But Science can't prove everything, right?"
"Science is a way of talking about the universe in words that bind it to a common reality. Magic is a method of talking to the universe in words that it cannot ignore. The two are rarely compatible."
Skipping the more wordy stuff, some people interpret that science and magic are opposed. Some authors will then transplant this opposition into a Speculative Fiction setting: Magic really does exist, but for whatever reason, it's not on speaking terms with Science or Technology. However, what many Anti-Magic Scientists and Anti-Science Magicians seem to forget is that since most magic systems follow a set of rules, magic itself can be seen as a form of science(though it is often an art instead). Nonetheless, one should not expect different types of magic systems to be reconcilable, except when they are.
Anyway, we of the Laboratory of Crazy Scientists decided to prepare this event and see which among of the two would prevail.
Will you stand with the magicians of the Magic side or stand with the scientists of the Science side?
P.S. If you support both, there's a place for you. ;)
(Main Source: TVTropes)
too lazy now to think of my own descriptions lol
!! :: E V E N T - I N F O :: !!
1. This event would last for approx. 1 month and a half.
2. There will be three teams:
Magic, Science, and Neutral
3. Here are the links to the teams' respective HQs:
Mystic Inn [Magic] || Techno Lodge [Science] || NeuTel [Neutral]
4. This event would include a banner design contest, debate contests, and more!
There will also be Exclusive Editions wherein each event participant can get points for their team just by requesting~! c:
5. The rest of the information on the events as well as the points system are in the second post.
:: F O R M ::
Team: the side you wish to be in
Why?: why do you want to be in that side?
Comment: anything else you'd want to say lol
Modified by mcxynth, Jul 24, 2015 3:12 AM
Joined: Dec 2009
:: E V E N T - D E T A I L S ::
:: P O I NT - S Y S T E M ::
Exclusive editions will open at allotted times during the event, so stay tuned. ;)
 Banner Designing
- This is an important part and each team must participate. It doesn't matter if you're not well-versed with graphics. Everyone will still get points.
- A time period of two weeks will be given to each teams to design on their team banners. These banners will be displayed at the club's main page and the team's respective HQs. If they want to, they could also display it in their profiles and/or in their sigs.
- The teams can also use this time period to get to know each other and as well as research and plan their stuff for the upcoming debate.
- The staff/crew will be the judges. c:
 Debate - Initial Stage
- After the two weeks, the 'Debate' thread will open in which members post animanga/game-related statements and facts that depict which is more superior than the other. (Neutrals will do the same to prove that both are equal.) Again, points will be counted per participant per day. The thread will stay open for another two weeks.
- After the temporary closing of the Debate thread, members will be given another week to gather votes from users that are not part of the event. They are to submit these votes to the 'Showdown' thread. Please keep in mind that the members are not allowed to force the other users to vote for their side.
 Debate - Final Stage
- After the 'Showdown' week, the Debate thread will be opened for the final week to draw out the final conclusions.
- The mechanics for this one will be different and will only be revealed at the start of this stage. ;D
- The winning side will have an edition dedicated to them.
- Participation badges will be given out.
- The winning side's banner will stay on the club's main page for another two weeks or so.
+2 for each event participant's post.
-> the requester should put the team's symbol (found at their team's HQ) beside their names in order for their request to be valid and the points to be counted.
+10 for each finished banner.
+25 for first place.
+20 for second place.
+15 for third place.
Debate - Initial
+2 for each statement
-> (a.k.a. post. Even if the participant included a lot of statements inside a long post, everything will only count as 2 points.)
+5 for each contradiction
-> (each. This time, every contradiction the member did on the opposing side's statements will count. Not by post.)
+5 for audience impact.
-> (lol; if we see people reacting to the statement in a good/funny/entertaining way, they get additional points)
+1 for each user vote.
Will be revealed at the start of this stage.