Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
School-Live!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Jul 25, 2015 4:07 AM

Jan 2015
mira-nyan said:
Xenocrisi said:
I am having fun reading the comments, at least, i have something to do finally.
I love the fact that there are really few haters.

Why don't we do something? Before you post something you have to say:
Speculation (Manga-reader//Not Manga-reader): bla bla bla
So someone can expect a spoiler-ish but not a completely spoiler speculation (since the anime is different in some ways) and vice-versa if he/she is not a manga-reader.
Obviously this is just an advice to resolve the problem because looks like this is the problem here.

@mira-nyan:
Now i search, i just woke up and i am pretty stupid now, in some hours i'll site it here (if i find it)

As I said, whether or not it's a spoiler, if the poster says it's speculation, then it's speculation. And, like he said, altho he's read the manga, all of his post is based on the anime alone. And it does look like it's based on the anime, considering

The spoiler tag is for spoilers; he didn't outright say things directly from the manga, so it's still a speculation. The reader should acknowledge it as such and should just pass it off as another person's opinion/hypothesis/interpretation. It shouldn't be this big a problem. Unless, ofc, said person does not have an opinion and said person only believes in what others say and has no mental power to create a speculation of their own? :/

Guyz, don't jinx it. If you say things like 'they're no/hardly any haters' or 'not trolls', then the trolls and haters are gonna come running for this section! >n<

I know but someone gets bothered by this problem, speculation or not speculation.
Jul 25, 2015 4:14 AM

Sep 2014
Xenocrisi said:

I know but someone gets bothered by this problem, speculation or not speculation.

Well if they can't deal with other people's opinions, then they
1) Shouldn't read the comments
2) Shouldn't come to the discussion.
It's not Hanako_Seishin's fault that some users don't have their own opinion on things. I know you're trying to sort out the problem, but at this point, the person isn't even listening, and doesn't want to admit they're wrong.

Either way, there's no point. They can ramble all they want, it's still a speculation. They don't have the right to ask to put someone's opinions in spoilers. Freedom of speech!
The sun is a deadly laser
Jul 25, 2015 4:25 AM

May 2015
Great episode. This episode kept me grabbing my chair the whole time somehow. Also, sad story. I really like Megu-nee.

Jul 25, 2015 4:25 AM

May 2011
So the moral of the story, if someone says :

Post structures :

I have read the manga < this is important

Let me tell you my "speculations"

/post

It's totally okay to openly post it even if there's tiny bit of source material here and there.
and it's totally "pure" speculations, no one should doubt it, there's no bad guy in this forum :)

Thanks guys, i learned something new from this forum ;)
Jul 25, 2015 4:32 AM

Jan 2015
mira-nyan said:
Xenocrisi said:

Well if they can't deal with other people's opinions, then they
1) Shouldn't read the comments
2) Shouldn't come to the discussion.
It's not Hanako_Seishin's fault that some users don't have their own opinion on things. I know you're trying to sort out the problem, but at this point, the person isn't even listening, and doesn't want to admit they're wrong, but i think i can understand a bit why people (who haven't read the manga) are bothered by people who write spoiler-ish things.

Either way, there's no point. They can ramble all they want, it's still a speculation. They don't have the right to ask to put someone's opinions in spoilers. Freedom of speech!

Yeah, i don't get why people (even if are manga readers) can't speculate, because, i repeat, there are changes Manga-Anime, but maybe i think a can understand a little why people (who haven't read the manga) are bothered by people who read the manga and write speculations in a spoiler-ish way.
XenocrisiJul 25, 2015 4:37 AM
Jul 25, 2015 4:40 AM

Jan 2015
Rooftop scene really creep me out

That scene remind me part from eps 1, as non manga reader i thought that is senpai

EDIT: need to rephrase
vienarrJul 25, 2015 4:45 AM
Jul 25, 2015 4:41 AM

Jan 2015
Izzur said:
is that senpai's ?

Don't ask these things, you'll receive just spoilers by people who read the manga.
Jul 25, 2015 4:58 AM

Oct 2012
Pretty good episode actually, finally we got the gist of what really happened. Wonder if we get Miki's background in the next part.

Now the real question is - how did Megu-nee die?
Jul 25, 2015 5:52 AM

Jan 2009
> Now the real question is - how did Megu-nee die?

I wonder if it's safe to assume she got bitten by a zombie without a risk of it being claimed as a spoiler, cause, you know, there's really nothing in the anime that would hint on zombies, it's obviously just a totally ordinary slice of life.

Sorry, couldn't help it.
Jul 25, 2015 6:39 AM

Oct 2012
Hanako_Seishin said:
> Now the real question is - how did Megu-nee die?

I wonder if it's safe to assume she got bitten by a zombie without a risk of it being claimed as a spoiler, cause, you know, there's really nothing in the anime that would hint on zombies, it's obviously just a totally ordinary slice of life.

Sorry, couldn't help it.

You know, I haven't read the manga, so that's purely my speculation.
But... there are hints over the place that she isn't alive and that the grave on the roof is hers.
Actually, they made it pretty obvious for attentive viewers. Yuki is only one who talks to her (she is deluded) and other girls are only pretending.

And as for how she died.. well, I really don't really know. I would guess it wasn't zombie bite I may be wrong. She probably died while guarding them. And that's why I was curious about it.
Jul 25, 2015 6:52 AM
Jul 2018
That was great, seeing Megu-nee's POV of what happened kind of explains some things. Kurumi killing her senpai was cool to watch. And Yuki's delusion probably started then.

Jul 25, 2015 7:25 AM

Sep 2014
Mich666 said:
Pretty good episode actually, finally we got the gist of what really happened. Wonder if we get Miki's background in the next part.

Now the real question is - how did Megu-nee die?

How are you sure she's dead? How are you sure she didn't go look for more survivors and is still alive? ;P
How are you sure that the girls just *think* she's dead, but really she's out there looking for people to help? ~.~
Jul 25, 2015 8:00 AM

Jun 2014
Yuki is less a mental wreck, and more just autistic it seems. Even before the incident she seems special, it's not like the event caused her to be so positive and psychopathic.
Jul 25, 2015 8:09 AM

Jul 2015
Its revealed that
[spoiler]megu-nee unintentionally played a role in messing up Yuki's mental state
Jul 25, 2015 9:44 AM

Jul 2014
Amarrez said:

Bullied in reality by the people she considers friends in her delusions.

Props to such a philosophical statement! It just adds another layer to the MC and her delusional self.

I'm guessing her life wasn't as happy as she wanted it to be and as how it is depicted in her fantasy. I think the MC was a loner who's quirkiness, social obliviousness, and bad grades were made fun of by others -- and based on this ep. I'm 100% certain she's never been romantically involved with someone. The zombies and possibly Megu-nee's death was the last straw that just drove her to deny reality. In a way, she is happier with her new friends and fellow survivors, just wondering how long it'll last before she finds out the truth and breaks completely!
Jul 25, 2015 12:10 PM

Sep 2014
Amarrez said:

One of the bullies looks like Ritsu from K-ON. xD
Jul 25, 2015 12:55 PM

Oct 2012
mira-nyan said:
How are you sure she's dead? How are you sure she didn't go look for more survivors and is still alive? ;P
How are you sure that the girls just *think* she's dead, but really she's out there looking for people to help? ~.~

The grave on the roof? Though I agree they could bury the boy that Ebisuzawa liked there but he's pretty non-charcter so I really doubt it.
Jul 25, 2015 2:55 PM

Jan 2015
Oh hey! Just a few pages and this turned into a passive-agressive war field! Feels like home!

Hopefully my statements make sense, because I just had to take some pills and blah, blah, yada, yada.

Guess it can't be helped that we all have to deal with spoilers, since the anime is following the manga. There are changes here and there, but those who read the manga will always try to find all the differences. It will always be helpful to put a spoiler tag, but also try to make sure to remember what you have seen in the anime and read in the manga, so to not mistake moments and accidentally spoil something.

Anime only speaking, we all have been shown in the first episode how misleading the story could be. There were some hints thrown since the beggining, but most wouldn't notice them until the big reveal came. Then they had to go back and double check all those details. With such a plot twist, we are all now sharpened our senses and try to find ANY hint that we hadn't notice and become wary of EVERYTHING.

Anyways, about Yuki, not sure if it's just me, but it seems that people find her more annoying in the anime than in the manga. I remember that in the manga I would first see her and just think that she's nuts, but in the anime I felt like punching her in the face. Feels like the manga made a better characterization of her persona.
Jul 25, 2015 3:17 PM

Jan 2015
Dreams_of_Neko said:
Oh hey! Just a few pages and this turned into a passive-agressive war field! Feels like home!

Hopefully my statements make sense, because I just had to take some pills and blah, blah, yada, yada.

Guess it can't be helped that we all have to deal with spoilers, since the anime is following the manga. There are changes here and there, but those who read the manga will always try to find all the differences. It will always be helpful to put a spoiler tag, but also try to make sure to remember what you have seen in the anime and read in the manga, so to not mistake moments and accidentally spoil something.

Anime only speaking, we all have been shown in the first episode how misleading the story could be. There were some hints thrown since the beggining, but most wouldn't notice them until the big reveal came. Then they had to go back and double check all those details. With such a plot twist, we are all now sharpened our senses and try to find ANY hint that we hadn't notice and become wary of EVERYTHING.

Anyways, about Yuki, not sure if it's just me, but it seems that people find her more annoying in the anime than in the manga. I remember that in the manga I would first see her and just think that she's nuts, but in the anime I felt like punching her in the face. Feels like the manga made a better characterization of her persona.

For Yuki was inevitable. Was predictable that people started to get annoyed by her. The same is in the manga, if she got anime panel by panel i am sure that everyone'd get annoyed because of her voice acting, ecc..
You probably didn't get annoyed because were just 30 pages.
Jul 25, 2015 3:43 PM

Jul 2014
Really good episode! It's nice seeing Megumi's side of how everything kinda began for them! :)
Jul 25, 2015 3:52 PM

Aug 2010
This gave me shivers...
This is getting way too good, can't wait for next episode.
Jul 25, 2015 5:59 PM

Mar 2013
fatalystic said:
Riotstarter said:
Well, I guess we know who's in the grave on the roof now.

There's actually no one in there. It's a cenotaph.

Well then what did they do with
?
Slice of Life Anime about the everyday life of a German Philosopher: Nietzschijou.
Jul 25, 2015 6:45 PM

Jan 2013
Alright, interesting backstory. Fairly weak zombies. If only Japan had more guns, it would be easy to explore outside the school campus
Jul 25, 2015 6:47 PM

Feb 2012
This ep was a bit sad.

I've never read the manga but the signs are there that Megumi is just part of Yuki's delusions.

One big clue? Look at the character list for this anime on MAL. Megumi is not listed as a main character. Either she dies later on, or she's already dead. Another clue is how the other characters interact ( or not interact directly ) with her. We see the white haired girl give strange looks when they were talking about Megumi near the end of the ep while talking about going 'camping'. If anyone has been reading the Fairy Tail spin-off chapters of Mavis, it's exactly the same situation.

Right now I'm just preparing myself for when they inevitably show her death. Of course I'd love to be wrong.
YveseJul 25, 2015 6:50 PM
Jul 25, 2015 6:54 PM

Sep 2014
Smudy said:
Again i felt so uneasy the whole time, i dont think any anime has done that before to this extent. The rooftop scene was scary.

Really liking Megu-nee's backstory, i really like how she isn't the normal teacher figure but also a friend to the students.

Yeah so true!!! I have this feeling that something bad is going to happen anytime. Especially when they put that black screen when they switch to the next scene. Amazing effects to the producers who done this.
Jul 25, 2015 8:56 PM

Mar 2013
RediceRyan said:
Alright, interesting backstory. Fairly weak zombies. If only Japan had more guns, it would be easy to explore outside the school campus

You're suggesting guns in schools ffs
Slice of Life Anime about the everyday life of a German Philosopher: Nietzschijou.
Jul 25, 2015 9:29 PM

Feb 2015
Amarrez said:

;_;
Now you're wondering if there's white text in any of my other posts.

Over there, I'm everywhere. I know that.
Jul 25, 2015 9:41 PM

Jul 2012
mira-nyan said:
Amarrez said:

right? xD I've been thinking that girl remind me of her everytime I see her on screen xD
"In the past few months since we met, I've shared many memories with Nagato. Though I've also shared memories with Haruhi, Asahina-san and Koizumi, I found that I've experienced more events with Nagato in particular. In fact, every situation seems to involve her. I might as well mention this, she's probably the only person to cause the bell within me to shake the most vigorously..." ~ Kyon, TMOSH
Jul 25, 2015 10:08 PM
Jan 2015
I like Megu-nee ... if she is indeed "on the roof", that is going to be a tough moment to watch.
Jul 26, 2015 12:04 AM

Jan 2015
-Panda_Hero- said:
mira-nyan said:

right? xD I've been thinking that girl remind me of her everytime I see her on screen xD

Thought the same xD
Jul 26, 2015 5:18 AM

Dec 2014

How could a human body FIT into that bed of dirt? It appears to only be two rows of bricks deep.
Jul 26, 2015 10:09 AM

Jun 2014
AnnaSartin said:

How could a human body FIT into that bed of dirt? It appears to only be two rows of bricks deep.

If you reaaaaaaaally want to know open the spoiler tag, or wait for 2-3 episodes.
Jul 26, 2015 10:16 AM

Jan 2015
Thai777 said:
AnnaSartin said:

If you reaaaaaaaally want to know open the spoiler tag, or wait for 2-3 episodes.

I think that you could remove the spoiler tag, it's not an actual spoiler (for me) :/
Jul 26, 2015 10:26 AM

Apr 2015
Okay, this was outstanding. Manga readers may differ, but this is the only series in which I see the production as artful and professional this season.(Not that I watch a lot)

The gap between their(Yuki's) antics and the reality is quite emotional, it's the whole point of the series and manga itself isn't it.
Jul 26, 2015 11:48 AM

Jun 2014
Xenocrisi said:
Thai777 said:

I think that you could remove the spoiler tag, it's not an actual spoiler (for me) :/

better be cautious, I don't like to spoil people :P
Jul 26, 2015 12:18 PM

Jan 2015
Jerkhov said:
Yuki is less a mental wreck, and more just autistic it seems. Even before the incident she seems special, it's not like the event caused her to be so positive and psychopathic.

Yeah, i noticed it too. She looks like asocial but i don't think autistic xD
Jul 26, 2015 9:15 PM

Feb 2013
I already have my thoughts on Megumi (and based off this forum it appears that that topic turned into a slight "war" between others)
The analysis by some people though really make me think more about this series.
I remember seeing someone mention how in the ED when it shows Yuki waking up amidst her friends and then the next scene it shows nobody in the room around her. i never noticed that till i saw that comment. Megumi's car i only caught wind of this episode when i noticed it was the same car i kept seeing in the ED.
In term of going deep for the Psychological aspect how old is the Cast (or at least an estimate) i'd imagine it's late high school due to Yuki's constant reminder of Graduation day with the Others. but that could also just mean middle school. AS i'd like to wonder more on the mindset of the cast amidst this chaos.

Overall Really enjoying this Anime can't wait to see what happens next (really hope the manga gets serialized in the west so i can read that too!! >.<)
Argue? Nah Too lazy For That...
Are You Ready!~Gulcasa
Jul 27, 2015 12:07 AM

Feb 2010
I think Megu-nee is already dead, hints were thrown in every places (like how Miki never knew her and Yuuri not counting her on the camp count). This anime is really great for giving me an uneasy feeling with its moe-ish design/animation.

Have not read the manga (or whatever source), and probably will read after the anime finishes airing.
CashdaxJul 27, 2015 12:27 AM
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

Jul 27, 2015 1:24 AM

Dec 2010
Yuki's still annoying as ever. I may have expected a different tone for this anime so I'm not liking it much so far. Hopefully it gets better (or I'll try to change my expectation). Fuck the censorship tho. Why is this even tagged as horror if there aren't even blood splats shown? Even if there were, it's too minimal.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 27, 2015 1:26 AM

Jan 2015
Corwen said:
Yuki's still annoying as ever. I may have expected a different tone for this anime so I'm not liking it much so far. Hopefully it gets better (or I'll try to change my expectation). Fuck he censorship tho. Why is this even tagged as horror if there aren't even blood splats shown? Even if there were, it's too minimal.

Not always in the Horrors there's gore.
Jul 27, 2015 1:30 AM

Dec 2010
Xenocrisi said:
Corwen said:
Yuki's still annoying as ever. I may have expected a different tone for this anime so I'm not liking it much so far. Hopefully it gets better (or I'll try to change my expectation). Fuck he censorship tho. Why is this even tagged as horror if there aren't even blood splats shown? Even if there were, it's too minimal.

I don't see any other way this could be horror without it. The other tagged genres (psychological, SoL, school, etc) I agree with - just that horror seems out of place here.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 27, 2015 2:11 AM

Jan 2015
Corwen said:
Xenocrisi said:

I don't see any other way this could be horror without it. The other tagged genres (psychological, SoL, school, etc) I agree with - just that horror seems out of place here.

horror in this case = Suspense, Zombies, corpses, ecc...
Jul 27, 2015 8:32 AM

Jun 2014
Corwen said:
Xenocrisi said:

If that is "your" definition of horror, better change your expectation now. It is more thriller and psychological in my opinion so think of it like that and you will probably like it better.
Jul 27, 2015 10:12 AM

Jan 2015
Thai777 said:
Corwen said:

If that is "your" definition of horror, better change your expectation now. It is more thriller and psychological in my opinion so think of it like that and you will probably like it better.

I asked to add the psychological tag but "denied". Lol. I don't get it.
Jul 27, 2015 4:18 PM

Nov 2012
Swear, was about to cry during that flashback. It was just too tense for my soul!

I'm assuming Yuki-chan has some sort of PTSD or something. I also loved it when she hugged Kurimi on the roof.

This anime too tense. I love it.
I believe that unless you know for sure that you don't like a concept, you should keep exploring it. Whether it be characteristics of people or a genre of some sort, you never know if you don't like it until you've seen quality work corresponding to that genre. Keep exploring until you've found something you enjoy, or something of quality. Then you know what's bad, what's good, and what isn't for you.
( ・ㅂ・)و ̑̑ Everyday life.
Jul 27, 2015 5:51 PM

Jun 2014
Xenocrisi said:
Thai777 said:

I asked to add the psychological tag but "denied". Lol. I don't get it.

I think it's the main genre... how is that even possible....
Jul 27, 2015 6:21 PM

Jan 2015
Ok, wat.

Jul 27, 2015 7:03 PM

Jul 2012
^ seen it and idk o.o
"In the past few months since we met, I've shared many memories with Nagato. Though I've also shared memories with Haruhi, Asahina-san and Koizumi, I found that I've experienced more events with Nagato in particular. In fact, every situation seems to involve her. I might as well mention this, she's probably the only person to cause the bell within me to shake the most vigorously..." ~ Kyon, TMOSH
Jul 27, 2015 8:13 PM

Dec 2010
Xenocrisi said:

horror in this case = Suspense, Zombies, corpses, ecc...

Seems to me that it should be tagged as suspense thriller rather than horror tho.

Thai777 said:

Yep, that's what I've been trying to do. It's just a bit difficult to change my expectations now that I've seen 3 episodes of it though. I can only try.
Jul 27, 2015 10:52 PM

Jun 2014
Dreams_of_Neko said:
Ok, wat.

-add to my favorite list-
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gakkougurashi! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2015

511 by BigBoyAdvance »»
Feb 23, 4:29 PM

Poll: » Gakkougurashi! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2015

228 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Feb 6, 8:24 AM

Poll: » Gakkougurashi! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2015

328 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Jan 28, 12:28 AM

Poll: » Gakkougurashi! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 3, 2015

226 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Jan 24, 11:57 PM

Poll: » Gakkougurashi! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 27, 2015

227 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Jan 20, 7:46 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.