Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 23, 2015 5:39 AM
Feb 2015
I know this has been asked most likely too many times before but I feel like I have watched most of them, but recently I have came across many underrated anime which were excellent so would like to make sure I am not missing anything.

Basically what I am looking for is a near emotionless main character that does not get tossed around, preferably one that is very powerful from the very beginning. Also would very much like to avoid anime where half the anime's plot is the guy getting into random misunderstandings and getting beat up by girls [Zero no Tsukaima].
The genre itself does not matter as long as the main character is not a wimp.
Examples
Kaze No Stigma
The Irregular at a Magic Highschool
Code:Breaker
Death Note
Code Geass,
One Outs.
What I am not looking for is indecisive character that can't decide what to do for half the anime or characters that have magical "friendship plot armor" where they get tossed around for 90% of the fight and when their friends are hurt they magically get power and beat the enemy.
Examples, Guilty Crown, Naruto.

Here is just the anime I have already watched that might get suggested.
Highschool DxD.
Psycho-Pass
FMA
DanMachi
SAO
Hagure Yuusha no Aesthetica
Zero no Tsukaima
Infinite Stratos
Grisaia no Kajitsu
Future Diary
Aldnoah.Zero
My Little Monster
Tenchi Muyo!War on Geminar
Phi Brain: Kami no Puzzle
A Certain Magical Index
Heroic Age
Btooom!
Highschool of the Dead
Suisei no Gargantia
Hellsing
The Devil Is A Part Timer
Seirei Tsukai no Blade
Chrome Shelled Regios
Log Horizon
No Game No Life
Hyouka
Parasyte: The Maxim
Darker Than Black
Tokyo Ghoul.

Again this request is to make sure I have not missed an anime simply due to it being underrated.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 23, 2015 6:19 AM

Feb 2015
Ergo Proxy
-"Няма мръсни думи. Има мръсни хора."

Jul 23, 2015 6:24 AM

Jul 2015
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni - Maebara Keiichi seems pretty generic at first, but he slowly gets to show how fun, ballsy, perverted and badass he really is.

Kingdom - Li Xin. It'a been a while since I watched this, but I remember loving the main character cast. The MC wants to become a war general so he can't be a total wuss.

Gintama - Sakata Gintoki. Coolest, most badass, funniest. He's a teeny bit OP, but the nature of the show overall is so relaxed that it doesn't matter. His best side is his insight on life that he has gained and that he shares to the people he meets.

Yuu Yuu Hakusho - Yusuke Urameshi. In a way you could call him a cliche strong-willed idiot protagonist in a cliche shounen series. But afaik Yuu Yuu Hakusho was one of those series that originally created those cliches, just like Sailor Moon set the standards for many many mahou shoujo series for years to come.

TTGL - Simon. Admittedly the protagonist is a total weakling at first, but he develops well during the series. And while he's still being a pushover, there are other badass characters to fill that spot.

Redline (a film) - JP. Has badass hair and badass race car driving skills. Slightly OP.

Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt - Panty and Stocking. They shoot bad guys and enjoy being angels.

Mai-HiME - Tokiha Mai. Dunno if she's that badass, since most of the cast is almost equally awesome. Plus I just want more people watching this beautiful train-wreck so I'm shamelessly recommending it.

Kill la Kill - Matoi Ryuuko. She's awesome. Don't think, just enjoy the ride.

Golden Boy - Ooe Kintarou. One of the best anime I've seen. He's constantly dancing between being driven by his maturity and being driven by his ****.

Detroit Metal City - Souichi Negishi. Depending on your view, the protagonist can be seen as the most pathetic or the most awesome character ever.
Jul 23, 2015 7:05 AM
Jul 23, 2015 7:18 AM

Nov 2014
Darker than black - Hei
Hunter x Hunter - Gon
Katanagatari - shicika
Jul 23, 2015 7:23 AM

Jun 2014
The Jojo series has some pretty bad ass main characters. And there's a possibility for 5+ more seasons. There's 3 seasons out so far, a total of 74 episodes. If you don't like the 1st season that much you still might enjoy the 2nd and 3rd seasons a lot. The 3rd season is my personal favorite.

I watch anime.

Jul 23, 2015 8:55 AM

Jun 2011
You make a cool/badass character thread and ignore the 2 that constantly are considered the 2 most badass MC's?
Cowboy bepop (personally haven't watched for reasons)
Berserk (MC is my avatar)
Jul 23, 2015 9:45 AM
Jul 2018
Well I haven't read the manga (not planning to either), but Overlord seems to be going in that direction.

I'll will now ignored this thread to avoid being spoiled

Also, +1 Detroit Metal City. Negishi is a metal monster!
Jul 23, 2015 11:03 AM
Feb 2015
JunrexWeak said:
If you like Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei you definitely watch this..
Chome Shelled Regios
Hataraku Maou-sama!
'
Seen both as mentioned on the top.
ISKIJN said:
Well I haven't read the manga (not planning to either), but Overlord seems to be going in that direction.

Currently watching Overlord and adding Detriot Metal City to my list.
Jul 23, 2015 11:19 AM
Jul 2018
Don't get me wrong, Negishi is anything but emotionless... until he enters "Emperor" mode.
Jul 23, 2015 11:24 AM

Dec 2014
~Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo?:The MC isn't quite emotionless, but he's sarcastic and can be fairly apathetic. Very OP, though.
~The Unlimited - Hyoubu Kyousuke: Exactly what you're looking for.
~Seiken Tsukai no World Break: I won't say the writing is good, but the MC is very OP (not emotionless, however).
~
~Yona of the Dawn: The main character, Yona, isn't OP at all; the main male lead is exceedingly powerful. Take this one with a grain of salt as the main male is not the focus.
~Fate/Zero: The entire cast is pretty damn OP, and the show lacks a main, but one of the mains guys that we follow is very skilled and displays little to no emotion.
~Scrapped Princess: Once again, the main character, Pacifica, is far from what you're looking for, but the main male is highly skilled and most of his emotion is directed towards the main female.
Jul 23, 2015 11:43 AM

Jun 2011
Dude I think they are pulling your chain with Detroit metal city
Jul 23, 2015 11:50 AM

Jul 2015
Killaclown said:
Dude I think they are pulling your chain with Detroit metal city
Can the Berserk main character rape ten times per second?

And why were you recommending an anime earlier that you haven't even watched yourself? (Cowboy Bebop) Doesn't help your credibility very much.
Jul 24, 2015 7:25 AM
May 2015
s
BlinkOfAnEye said:
JunrexWeak said:
If you like Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei you definitely watch this..
Chome Shelled Regios
Hataraku Maou-sama!
'
Seen both as mentioned on the top.
ISKIJN said:

Currently watching Overlord and adding Detriot Metal City to my list.

Sorry my bad.. nanatsu no taizai fits the description.
Jul 24, 2015 7:32 AM

Jul 2013
Monogatari Series. Can't get much cooler than Araragi Koyomi imo.
Jul 25, 2015 7:28 PM
Dec 2009
enii said:
Monogatari Series. Can't get much cooler than Araragi Koyomi imo.

(sigh) No...just, no.
Jul 25, 2015 8:18 PM

Jul 2012
One Pi... I'm joking, please don't kill me

Seconding "Darker Than Black", Hei is indeed a peculiar character.
Zankyou no Terror. Both guys are smart and talented.
Jul 25, 2015 8:57 PM

May 2012
a/m:
shokugeki no souma
zetsuen no tempest
save all the cute girls from ntr manga
Jul 25, 2015 9:04 PM

Jan 2014
Magic Kaito :D
Jul 25, 2015 11:38 PM
Jun 2015
+1 shokugeki no souma(cool mc)
+1 katsuragi keima from twgok
Jul 26, 2015 3:02 AM

Jun 2014
BikutaDono said:
The Jojo series has some pretty bad ass main characters. And there's a possibility for 5+ more seasons. There's 3 seasons out so far, a total of 74 episodes. If you don't like the 1st season that much you still might enjoy the 2nd and 3rd seasons a lot. The 3rd season is my personal favorite.

+1
+ Hokuto no Ken
Jul 26, 2015 7:03 AM

May 2015
+1 Shokugeki no soma, cool MC who don't give a fuck about what peoples think about him, only focusing in one thing; take the top spot.
Jul 26, 2015 7:47 AM
Jul 2015
Here Are Some Anime Where The Main Protagonists Are Cool/Badass:
1 - A Certain Magical Index II (Main Male Protagonist)

2 - Aria: The Scarlet Ammo (Main Male Protagonist)

3 - Ben-To (Main Male Protagonist)

4A - Berserk: The Golden Age Arc I - The Egg Of The King (Main Male Protagonist)
4B - Berserk: The Golden Age Arc II - The Battle For Doldrey (Main Male Protagonist)
4C - Berserk: The Golden Age Arc III - The Advent (Main Male Protagonist)

5 - Blade (Main Male Protagonist)

6 - Blade Of The Immortal (Main Male Protagonist)

7 - BlazBlue: Alter Memory (Main Male Protagonist)

8 - Blood Lad (Main Male Protagonist)

9 - Bludgeoning Angel Dokuro-Chan (Main Female Protagonist)

10 - Blue Exorcist (Main Male Protagonist)

11 - Buso Renkin (Main Male And Female Protagonists)

12 - Campione! (Main Male Protagonist)

13 - Claymore (Main Female Protagonist)

14 - Demon King Daimaou (Main Male Protagonist)

15A - Dragon Ball (Main Male Protagonist)
15B - Dragon Ball Z (Main Male Protagonist)
15C - Dragon Ball Super (Main Male Protagonist)
15D - Dragon Ball Z: Battle Of Gods (Main Male Protagonist)
15E - Dragon ball Z: Resurrection Of F (Main Male Protagonist)

16 - Elfen Lied (Main Female Protagonist)

17 - Fist Of The North Star (Main Male Protagonist)

18A - Freezing (Main Male And Female Protagonist)
18B - Freezing Vibrations (Main Male And Female Protagonist)

19A - Full Metal Panic! (Main Male Protagonist)
19B - Full Metal Panic! Fumoffu (Main Male Protagonist)

20 - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood (Main Male Protagonists)

21 - Gurren Lagann (Main Male Protagonist)

22 - Hellsing Ultimate OVA (Main Male Protagonist)

23A - High School DxD New (Main Male Protagonist)
23B - High School DxD BorN (Main Male Protagonist)

24A - Infinite Stratos (Main Male Protagonist)
24B - Infinite Stratos 2 (Main Male Protagonist)

25A - InuYasha (Main Male Protagonist)
25B - InuYasha: The Final Act (Main Male Protagonist)

26A - Is This A Zombie? (Main Male Protagonist)
26B - Is This A Zombie? Of The Dead (Main Male Protagonist)

27 - JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders (Main Male Protagonists)

28 - Magi: The Labyrinth Of Magic (Main Male Protagonists)

29A - Medaka Box (Main Female Protagonist)
29B - Medaka Box Abnormal (Main Female Protagonist)

30 - Problem Children Are Coming From Another World, Aren't They? (Main Male Protagonist)

31A - Shakugan No Shana (Main Female Protagonist)
31B - Shakugan No Shana II (Main Female Protagonist)
31C - Shakugan No Shana III (Main Female Protagonist)

32A - Spice And Wolf (Main Female Protagonist)
32B - Spice And Wolf II (Main Female Protagonist)

33 - Sword Art Online II (Main Male Protagonist)

34 - Sword Of The Stranger (Main Male Protagonist)

35 - Tenchi Muyo! Ryo-Ohki (Main Male Protagonist)

36 - Trigun (Main Male Protagonist)

37 - Unbreakable Machine-Doll (Main Female Protagonist)

38 - Wolverine (Main Male Protagonist)

39 - Yu Yu Hakusho: Ghost Files (Main Male Protagonists)

40 - X-Men (Main Male And Female Protagonists)

41A - Yu-Gi-Oh! (Main Male Protagonist)
41B - Yu-Gi-Oh! The Movie: Pyramid Of Light (Main Male Protagonist)
AwesomeDymond101Jul 26, 2015 8:21 AM
It's Simply Awesome.
Apr 1, 2016 8:06 AM
Feb 2014
mobile suit gundam: iron blooded orphans
log horizon
durarara!( umm it's kinda hard to tell which one is the main character in this one but they're all really secretly pretty badass?)
free!
No game No life
Zetsuen no tempest
Apr 2, 2016 8:04 AM

Mar 2016
chrome shelled regios: badass mc who was a legendary swordsman who was exiled. harem with lots of action but more on the fantasy side.
darker than black: (im sure you already know about this anime)
Zettai Karen Children: The Unlimited - Hyoubu Kyousuke- what more is there to say this is about a op almost god-like mc who will protect those who he values and destroy everything that is in his way.
gangsta: def swordman who is super badass (but he has to take pills so he cant feel pain) either way he is super badass and this anime was actually super interesting and i will probally rewatch this again. (the manga for this anime is good to)
Jormungand: okay this is a mercenary gun dealing type of anime where the mc is a little boy who is a soldier and kills many enemies with a gun and there is also a girl mc who controlls the deals but she is super smart and strategic. there are two seasons and they are both really good.
one outs: baseball type of anime the art is on the more older type (but the storyline makes it easy to watch) he messes with his opponents minds and keeps winning one game after another.
devil may cry- not very similar to the game but still has that badass mc who is the son of the devil and kills demons for a living, what more is there to say
bayonetta: bloody fate- okay this a movie and a female protag. but trust me she is badass af and her personality is a little crazy but i love it. there is many action scenes where she just dominates everything.
i watched many others but i cant think of them atm so maybe i might post more for the anime rec. too if i can recall anymore :-) hoped this helped
Apr 2, 2016 10:50 AM
May 2015
Shigurui, aside from being hands down the best samurai manga, has the main character you would least want to fuck with.
Apr 2, 2016 10:59 AM

Feb 2016
Shiroe from Log Horizon
May 30, 2016 3:27 PM
May 2016
Id recomend initial d. Its a really long anime. Kinda old but if you like cars that is the best option. Takumi is the main character and he is as calm as a letuce but when he gets his wheel he is really someting. Highly recomend and you wont get bored in a while.(i mean if you are not like me that sees 10 episodes a day for each anime. It has around lets say 200 and someting or more episodes.its basically 5 seasons and i think a 2015 ova)
May 30, 2016 10:23 PM
Apr 2009
Ajin fits pretty perfectly. He's not the most badass (that trophy goes to the villain) but he's emotionless and a bit sociopathic. Animation is a little different, but it's not bad.
May 31, 2016 1:22 AM

Aug 2015
shayou said:
Ajin fits pretty perfectly. He's not the most badass (that trophy goes to the villain) but he's emotionless and a bit sociopathic. Animation is a little different, but it's not bad.

calling Kei badass? are you kidding me? he is just a carbon copy of Ken Kaneki and Ken is as far from being badass as I'm from having a superpowers.
May 31, 2016 7:08 AM
Mar 2016
anime with mc OP , Badass, cool? watch ovelord. the mc is skull but he is harem. his outside is scream and cruel l but inside is funny, honest .
May 31, 2016 7:30 AM

May 2016
Near emotionless main character ✔
Does not get tossed around ✔
Very powerful from the very beginning ✔
Also would very much like to avoid anime where half the anime's plot is the guy getting into random misunderstandings and getting beat up by girl And Check ✔

Well I guess you can try out : One Punch Man

Not sure if it's your cup of tea but it meets your criteria.

SleepiBunnyMay 31, 2016 7:57 AM
May 31, 2016 10:08 AM

Nov 2012
Black Lagoon
Ghost in the Shell
Canaan
Akuma No Riddle
Madlax
Chi's Sweet Home
Dalek-kunMay 31, 2016 10:18 AM
May 31, 2016 11:45 AM
Apr 2009
ReinisM said:
shayou said:

calling Kei badass? are you kidding me? he is just a carbon copy of Ken Kaneki and Ken is as far from being badass as I'm from having a superpowers.

lmao is that a serious reply? Kei isn't a "badass" in the sense that Guts from Berserk or Tokuchi Toua from One Outs is a badass, but the OP was looking for emotionless characters who are "powerful" from the start of the anime. Whether he's similar to Kaneki Ken or not is irrelevant.
Jun 1, 2016 12:05 PM

Aug 2015
shayou said:

lmao is that a serious reply? Kei isn't a "badass" in the sense that Guts from Berserk or Tokuchi Toua from One Outs is a badass, but the OP was looking for emotionless characters who are "powerful" from the start of the anime. Whether he's similar to Kaneki Ken or not is irrelevant.

he is not really that powerful at the begining and currently is not powerful enough ether (at least not yet / I suspect 2nd season will make him overpowered probably) to be called "badass" for his powers. as for being emotionless part - just add any powerful kuudere character then. to me Kei is just a selfish (and not in a cool way) coward with some powers.
Jun 2, 2016 1:50 PM
Jun 2016
(1) Kaichou wa maid sama-
an amazing highschool romance story between a school president and a very famous boy. But in this the president isn't able to toss the guy around- like in other anime, it is the other way around- and the guy is badass.

(2) Akatsuki no yona-
The story is set in a different world than ours. The two main characters are the princess and her bodyguard who go on a mission to take their kingdom back. The guy is probably the most strongest character in anime, from the beginning. An excellent blend of action, adventure, comedy, and romance.

(3) Great teacher onizuka-
A story about a street thug, a delinquent in his school days, who becomes a teacher. It is not action but the comedy is good.

(4) School rumble-
This is a story of a well known delinquent falls in love with a girl and starts attending school. Again not action but comedy and where the guy is not a wimp.

(5) Beelzebub-
The plot follows the strongest delinquent who is given the reponsibility to raise the baby demon king. The guy can be named in the top badass characters in all anime. The anime itself is a huge blast of delinquent comedy delinquent school.

(6) Owari no seraph-
The story takes place in a world which is ruled by vampires and is about a young boy who wants to kill all vampires.

All other I could tell you have already been outlined by others so these are the ones I could come up with. Sorry these are mostly comedy and romance and only a little action.
Jun 2, 2016 3:12 PM

Dec 2015
hunter x hunter
Berserk
Jun 5, 2016 12:29 PM
Jun 2016
Well, if we talking about badass, cool and OP characters then we you really can't forget ICHIGO from BLEACH and NATSU from FAIRY TAIL.
Both are must watch anime. In fairy tail natsu is OP from the beginning but get more powerful. And in bleach ichigo get a hell of a badass and OP character very quickly. Although Natsu is sometimes thrown around by a girl named Erza (but only for comedy).
Oct 8, 2016 11:53 AM
Sep 2016
don't fuck with naruto
Oct 8, 2016 11:54 AM
Sep 2016
don't fuck with naruto
Oct 8, 2016 1:32 PM
Feb 2009
Mob Psycho 100
thou he is depressingly shy
Oct 8, 2016 1:34 PM

Apr 2016
Yuno Gasai - Future Diary
Dec 12, 2016 11:49 AM
Dec 2015
Trickster - Kobayashi

The Unlimited - Hyoubu Kyousuke

Black Cat - Train

Hamatora - Nice (Idk if this counts)

Jormungand - Jonah

Kekkai Sensen - Leonardo (Idk if this counts either...)

Kyoukai No Kanata - Kanbara (...still don't know if this counts...)

Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo? - Izayoi (...nope, still don't know if this counts...)

Senyuu - Ross (now that I think about it, this might not be the main character)

Soredemo sekai wa utsukushii- Livius (hehe :p this probs don't count, but he's cute and cool, so why not xD)

World Trigger - Kuga Yuma
Dec 12, 2016 12:32 PM

Apr 2013
- Copied an incomplete list of mine from another post and didn't bother to edit it for this thread lol

List is in no specific order Except for Hellsing, Fate/Zero and Code Geass as they are my favs. Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann is a fav too but the first 3 have darker tones.

HAVE TO WATCH
Hellsing Ultimate - This is the best freaking series of all time you have to watch Hellsing Ultimate OVA (DO NOT IN THE NAME OF GOD ALMIGHTY WATCH THE TV SERIES) - p.s. i'm an atheist
Fate/Zero - Mature, no fan service, great series
Code Geass - Amazing series, aired alongside Death Note and often compared and recommended if you liked either series. Season three announced.
Death Note - MC enforcing his own ideals onto people and will eliminate anyone who gets in the way
Darker than Black - BEST SCI-FI ASSASSIN ANIME
Phantom: Requiem of the Phantom - BEST ASSASSIN ANIME
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann - Must watch series for mecha/action/adventure and for plot
One Punch-man - title says it all, great series, fun to watch. Season two announced as well.
No Game No Life - Awesome
Attack on Titan - Oh i forgot there was a female character here but she's total boss
Black Lagoon - Lots of guns... Lots of guns
Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood - Not to be confused with Fullmetal Alchemist

Very good
Aldnoah Zero - Great Series, OP MC, Great if you like post-apocalyptic settings and/or mecha + tactics
Full Metal Panic - Super Soldier that does not give 2 f**ks about what others think and is completely focused on the task at hand
Break Blade - MC is initially a pacifist... but he turns into a total badass, totally worth it. (mecha)
Guilty Crown - Badass MC (eventually) and dark themes
Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari - Actually very entertaining if you ignore the harem that builds up
Jormungand - Very cool series if you enjoy Black Lagoon you will enjoy this
Jyu Oh Sei - Survival in a foreign planet
Kill la Kill - If you like Gurren Lagann
Kuroshitsuji - Very calculating MC, dark-theme
Toaru Majutsu no Index - Ignoring the girls in this series you get a very interesting story and really cool fighting sequences that the MC is thrown into.
Trigun - A man strong enough to destroy the world? Wait what?
Beelzebub - OP MC, wild
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei - Sis-con actually but the MOST OP MC in recent memory
Overlord - Because technically he has his emotions suppressed, season 2 to come out soon with some major battle to be seen (novel is amazing)

Pretty good
Mondaiji-Tachi - Very good series, OP MC who is also clever and pretty wild.
Chrome Shelled Regios - Badass MC
Suisei no Gargantia - OP Soldier MC with technologies centuries ahead of time crash lands on Earth which was abandoned
Claymore - well... it's a very dark anime with a lot of nudity though >.> it's weird but if you love blood, gore and action...
Drifters - Eastern meets western fronts across all Eras and are made to fight in an alternate world with demihumans and taking place in a middle-age like era.
Nanatsu no Taizai - MC is OP with a little trauma but it's not explored in too much detail and is used to progress the story
Devil May Cry - Big Ass Pistols and OP MC
Grisaia - I guess... >.> OP MC
Count of Monte Cristo - Epic gentlemen's revenge (future/modern type setting)

Classic
Samurai Champloo - Classic, lots of fighting
Cowboy Behop - Classic
Afro Samurai - It's all in the afro

Others to consider:
Sengoku Basara - Samurai Kings, nuff said
Densetsu no Yuusha - Kinda annoying female character but the MC is badass and plenty of action sequences.
K: Return of the King (this is the 2nd season since the series is only named K in s1) - Unique
Ushio to Tora - Surprisingly Entertaining
Nurarihyon no Mago - The MC gets manlier as the story progresses but the TV Series failed to adapt the really juicy parts later in the manga
Black Jack 21 - Badass underground doctor, nuff said.
Air Gear - Really funny anime and a classic for me
Akame ga Kill - Bloodly and with some pretty dark-themes
Blood Lad - Lots of blood
Blood-C - Only gets interesting near the end
C: The Money of Soul and Possibility Control - bizarre but unique
Mobile Suit Gundam 00 - Old Gundam fans will hate this. OP technology = got earthlings in a strangle hold
Berserk - Don't watch the 2016 version
Fate/Stay Unlimited Blade Works - MC technically doesn't give a crap about other character's... opinions.
Hunter x Hunter - Shounen series that is focused on getting stronger with dark and light tones, well balanced for the most part.
Gantz - bloody... i couldn't finish watching it it was so gory :o
Kingdom - Season 1 has really bad CGI though
Kyoukaisenjou no Horizon - MC also pretty calculating but very light-toned and metaphorical
One Outs - Don't even need to like sports to enjoy
Zetsuen no Tempest
Kyoukai No Kanata
Black Cat
Black Jack 21
Detroit Metal City
Mobile Suit Gundam 00 - old gundam fans will hate this
Mobile Suit Gundam Iron Orphans
Mirai Nikki
Great Teacher Onizuka
Hayate no Gotoku
Zero no Tsukaima
School Rumble
Air Gear
Hitman Reborn - eventually
Nurarihyon no Mago
Sumomomo Momomo
Naruto
Strike the Blood
Ichiban no Daimaou
Spice and Wolf
Ben-to
Canaan
Log Horizon
Shokugeki no Souma
Campione

Tokyo Ghoul
Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari - Strong MC, Harem, Does not show off or tell anyone
Toaru Majutsu no Index - Strong when used correctly, Does not show off
Nurarihyon no Mago - Next clan-leader of the 100 demon parade during the night, student during the day
Kaze no Stigma - this is a good one, just watch it
Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu
Katekyo Hitman Reborn - not really but i'll include it
Katanagatari - Swordless swordsmen looking to collect the most famous swords from the top swordsmen
D. Gray-man - but only if you read the manga would understand why i included this
Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou - Discovers he's the demon king
Strike the Blood - Mysterous Powers Inherited, One of the strongest powers in the world
Star Driver - Strong pilot apparently
Xam'd: Lost Memories - i forgot
Eureka Seven - i forgot as well lol
Zero no Tsukaima - though this guy wasn't really hiding so much as he was discovering he had powers
Hayate no Gotoku! - sorta, just watch it. It's funny
Hataraku Maou-sama! - not really but i'll include it
Ryuugajou Nanana no Maizoukin - still kinda ordinary mc but i'll include it >.>
Sword Art Online - 1st season only
Bakemonogatari/Nisemonogatari - kinda hiding power... i think lol
Battle Programmer Shirase
Grisaia no Kajitsu
Zetman
Sumomomo Momomo - later

A Short List of Series.
duderusDec 12, 2016 6:59 PM

May 23, 2017 9:52 PM
Jul 2016
Killaclown said:
You make a cool/badass character thread and ignore the 2 that constantly are considered the 2 most badass MC's?
Cowboy bepop (personally haven't watched for reasons)
Berserk (MC is my avatar)

Totally agree with this one. Guts is the epitOme of badassary
Jun 13, 2017 1:43 AM
May 2017
AwesomeDymond101 said:
Here Are Some Anime Where The Main Protagonists Are Cool/Badass:
1 - A Certain Magical Index II (Main Male Protagonist)

2 - Aria: The Scarlet Ammo (Main Male Protagonist)

3 - Ben-To (Main Male Protagonist)

4A - Berserk: The Golden Age Arc I - The Egg Of The King (Main Male Protagonist)
4B - Berserk: The Golden Age Arc II - The Battle For Doldrey (Main Male Protagonist)
4C - Berserk: The Golden Age Arc III - The Advent (Main Male Protagonist)

5 - Blade (Main Male Protagonist)

6 - Blade Of The Immortal (Main Male Protagonist)

7 - BlazBlue: Alter Memory (Main Male Protagonist)

8 - Blood Lad (Main Male Protagonist)

9 - Bludgeoning Angel Dokuro-Chan (Main Female Protagonist)

10 - Blue Exorcist (Main Male Protagonist)

11 - Buso Renkin (Main Male And Female Protagonists)

12 - Campione! (Main Male Protagonist)

13 - Claymore (Main Female Protagonist)

14 - Demon King Daimaou (Main Male Protagonist)

15A - Dragon Ball (Main Male Protagonist)
15B - Dragon Ball Z (Main Male Protagonist)
15C - Dragon Ball Super (Main Male Protagonist)
15D - Dragon Ball Z: Battle Of Gods (Main Male Protagonist)
15E - Dragon ball Z: Resurrection Of F (Main Male Protagonist)

16 - Elfen Lied (Main Female Protagonist)

17 - Fist Of The North Star (Main Male Protagonist)

18A - Freezing (Main Male And Female Protagonist)
18B - Freezing Vibrations (Main Male And Female Protagonist)

19A - Full Metal Panic! (Main Male Protagonist)
19B - Full Metal Panic! Fumoffu (Main Male Protagonist)

20 - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood (Main Male Protagonists)

21 - Gurren Lagann (Main Male Protagonist)

22 - Hellsing Ultimate OVA (Main Male Protagonist)

23A - High School DxD New (Main Male Protagonist)
23B - High School DxD BorN (Main Male Protagonist)

24A - Infinite Stratos (Main Male Protagonist)
24B - Infinite Stratos 2 (Main Male Protagonist)

25A - InuYasha (Main Male Protagonist)
25B - InuYasha: The Final Act (Main Male Protagonist)

26A - Is This A Zombie? (Main Male Protagonist)
26B - Is This A Zombie? Of The Dead (Main Male Protagonist)

27 - JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders (Main Male Protagonists)

28 - Magi: The Labyrinth Of Magic (Main Male Protagonists)

29A - Medaka Box (Main Female Protagonist)
29B - Medaka Box Abnormal (Main Female Protagonist)

30 - Problem Children Are Coming From Another World, Aren't They? (Main Male Protagonist)

31A - Shakugan No Shana (Main Female Protagonist)
31B - Shakugan No Shana II (Main Female Protagonist)
31C - Shakugan No Shana III (Main Female Protagonist)

32A - Spice And Wolf (Main Female Protagonist)
32B - Spice And Wolf II (Main Female Protagonist)

33 - Sword Art Online II (Main Male Protagonist)

34 - Sword Of The Stranger (Main Male Protagonist)

35 - Tenchi Muyo! Ryo-Ohki (Main Male Protagonist)

36 - Trigun (Main Male Protagonist)

37 - Unbreakable Machine-Doll (Main Female Protagonist)

38 - Wolverine (Main Male Protagonist)

39 - Yu Yu Hakusho: Ghost Files (Main Male Protagonists)

40 - X-Men (Main Male And Female Protagonists)

41A - Yu-Gi-Oh! (Main Male Protagonist)
41B - Yu-Gi-Oh! The Movie: Pyramid Of Light (Main Male Protagonist)

That's is a good list, thanks for recommending.
Sep 22, 2017 2:37 AM
Sep 2017
Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV)

I'm not sure if this fits your requirements as it is not finished and the main character has not shown a completely badass side but the main character acts mostly emotionless and he is definitely not a push over that can't protect himself.
Sep 25, 2017 6:00 PM
Sep 2017
I recommend Beelzebub. The MC is a delinquent and is a badass but he's acting as a parent of the son of the Demon King. Must watch.
Oct 3, 2017 6:49 AM
Jul 2017
Berserk
Enough said, GUTS is THE MOST BADASS CARACTET EVER
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» RomCom Suggestions for someone who's seen a lot of em

Benassiesto - 42 minutes ago

1 by Ohayotaku »»
19 minutes ago

» Anime that have all female guilds/clubs/groups/living places, etc

GakutoDeathGlare - Yesterday

7 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
2 hours ago

» Looking for any recommendations really

TabonyBoy - Apr 16

13 by windyshadow »»
3 hours ago

» I find it absolutely absurd I can’t find a manga with gay marriage legalized

isseixkoneko - 3 hours ago

0 by isseixkoneko »»
3 hours ago

» Recommend me an anime based on my favorites!

iamnottesslol - Apr 21

11 by windyshadow »»
7 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.