Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jun 3, 2019 1:18 PM

May 2016
Seriously gotta admit this was by far the best episode of the whole series so far by a mile.

Oni san had it tough today tho, Poor Renge chan got trolled a lot well she managed to get revenge.
Dec 28, 2019 3:53 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Kazuho is a really cute character too, I really like her
Jan 29, 2020 11:16 AM

Aug 2018
Well.. I don't like Natsumi's bullying.. Last season she bullied Komari at times.. Now poor older brother got his glasses stolen.. I wear glasses myself, and without them you're almost like blind, really.. And it sucks a lot.. Especially if Natsumi won't return them till test, it's just annoying..
Renge is giving lesson on teacher's work ethics to teacher, lol..
Maybe Kazuho needed to become kindegarten teacher.. Maybe lessons through game could work with them.. Maybe.. Well, their area doesn't have such young pupils, though.. And.. Will they have pupils in future at all, by the way?.. Who will Kazuho work as if that happens?.. Also, did she teach all her life, or not?..
Though, I guess, maybe it doesn't matter that much.. Because she has farm anyway, and if anything, will just work there, right?..
Oh no.. Renge turns yandere eyes on 16:16.. Now I'll have head-canon that she potentially can become yandere in older years.. As she's inventive and stuff, curious one, I guess she'd be torturing yandere type.. Or something.. ;p
Jul 13, 2020 5:40 AM

May 2011
Kazuho is so annoying sometimes *rolls eyes*. I'm embarrassed for her at this point. Renge seems to have it together more than just about anyone in the group, which is turning out to be quite hilarious.

Hands down the funniest part of the episode was Natsumi's response to the correct way to smell ammonia i.e. "Plead for your life!". Aaahahahaha that was so clever. T.T
Aug 25, 2020 10:31 PM

Sep 2018
Ren-chon, a matured baby, it's funny that she keeps on lecturing her sister 
Nov 8, 2020 1:46 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Can I just say that natsumi getting a 75% actually gave me a little motivation to do better in my otherwise mind-killing macroeconomics online course

NYANPASU
5700XT

Dec 24, 2020 5:16 PM

Apr 2020
Natsumi is lazy to study, she can if she tries, the proof is that she gets 75 points
Apr 9, 2021 10:20 AM
Apr 2016

LOL!!!
Shame on the teacher, receiving such a lesson on professionalism from a 7 year old child. Renge's character is great!
Jun 14, 2021 10:24 PM

Nov 2018
Kaiseki said:
Natsumi is lazy to study, she can if she tries, the proof is that she gets 75 points

That's what I also came to believe!

Renge's mature thinking shouldn't have surprised me anymore by now, yet I was so impressed about the speech she gave to her sister! If I was in Kazuho's shoes, I would have instantly died of shame 😄!

I must admit Kazuho's idea to motivate Renge by transforming the study into a game, wasn't bad at all! However, lying about the cookie was one of the worst mistakes an adult can do in relation to a child! And so bluntly admitting that she has deceived her too 😲!! It is critical that adults foster the trust that children have, not destroy it 😱! But what am I saying? That's what actually happens all the time which later leads to frustrated, apathetic, sad or deceiving people 😔. Fortunately, Renge is too smart to lose her faith that easily!
"The me today will not ever make the future me to regret!"
(Emily Adachi from Air Gear: Kuro no Hane to Nemuri no Mori - Break on the Sky)

Aug 17, 2021 1:05 PM
Dec 2019
On a whim decided to rewatch and forgot how good this episode was
Wataru doesn't care about the genuine thing
Oct 9, 2021 3:32 PM

Jan 2019
Very cool Nee-Nee trying to encourage Renge, even if it was just an act, lol
Dec 1, 2021 1:01 AM

Jan 2017
And we didn't even get to see Kazuha's fruits of labor in the handouts after all that lecturing by Renge :(
Jan 21, 2022 12:17 PM
Jun 2016
Kazuho really just put seasoning on her vegetables without cooking them and called it a day. I mean, fresh salad is fine but at least chop the vegetables.

They find Japanese harder than math? I guess it would have been a cliched joke if they've went with that. But yeah, I can relate to English classes being easier than your own language, ironically. Lol.

So that's where the iconic Renge GIF came from.

Yeah, I remember occasionally putting random things in tests as well.

Ah, yes. The fire alarm. I, have a dream, of pushing a fire alarm and getting away with it. Nah, not really. But it's a fun thing to think of.

I noticed that Renge is closer to Natsumi compared to the other girls (i.e. she approaches Natsumi when she sees Suguru doing weird stuff). And this episode really shows why. They both have a prankster side. Although to be fair, I think Komari does say that she has to endure Renge's antics? It's just that we see more of Natsumi's pranks.

Kazuho getting pushed around by girls way younger than her (or well, mostly just Renge). To be fair, she did have moments like that in the first season, like being left behind at a train station. But this was kind of pushing it. Although the laziness is believable. But eh, I think Kazuho just doesn't have the heart to not play along with Renge. I think it's still in the spirit of Non Non Biyori.

It seems like a few people think that the comedy is being pushed into this series. I think the comedy balances out the slice of life elements of this show. But that's just my thoughts. The other "pure" slice of life anime which I like are Aria and Yuru Camp, and they had some comedy as well. Maybe I just need to find the right pure SoL for me.
Mar 8, 2022 11:19 AM

Mar 2019
Lol poor Suguru.

Renge with the big plan. Nice episode.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

May 22, 2022 11:43 PM

Feb 2020
Poor Natsumi had some tough time with the tests. I loved her cat face. :3

The second part was a little boring tbh. However, this scene was pretty amusing:
Dec 19, 2022 4:24 PM

Aug 2019
so many cute shots of renge
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 2, 12:58 PM

Aug 2019
Give Big Bro his glasses back, he looked like he was going through it without them.  
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Random Fact: Non Non Biyori and Repeat took place at around 2004.

VaasMontenegro - Aug 17, 2021

12 by bassyey »»
Mar 4, 10:26 PM

Poll: » Non Non Biyori Repeat Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2015

122 by Sun_Chan »»
Jan 2, 3:32 PM

Poll: » Non Non Biyori Repeat Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 17, 2015

113 by Sun_Chan »»
Jan 2, 3:19 PM

Poll: » Non Non Biyori Repeat Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 10, 2015

95 by Sun_Chan »»
Jan 2, 2:15 PM

Poll: » Non Non Biyori Repeat Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 3, 2015

105 by Sun_Chan »»
Jan 2, 1:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.