Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jul 20, 2015 10:03 PM

Feb 2012
Shirayuki sure is fearless! Obi is an interesting character due to his cheerful yet enigmatic personality.
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Jul 20, 2015 11:31 PM
Jul 2010
The episode felt empty. I hoped for more depth in characters. The confrontation between lord and Shirayuki could have been interesting if lord would have had some reasonable arguments why Shirayuki is such a bad influence to prince. Now this is just another light shoujo series, which had potential to be something more. At least Shirayuki is a fantastic lead character. I hope to get more about her becoming court pharmacist in the upcoming episodes and not this kind of boring and purposeless story that i got this week.
Jul 21, 2015 12:30 AM

Mar 2015
You know she basically said "I'm in love with this guy" in subliminal messaging
Jul 21, 2015 1:42 AM

Nov 2013
It was alright. And glad there's some plot hints at the end of the episodes.
I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.

Jul 21, 2015 2:39 AM
Oct 2012
I am reading the manga and I was dying to see Obi's appearance so bad! I love him sooooo much T^T<33333
Jul 21, 2015 5:48 AM

Feb 2015

Shirayuki is certainly smart and capable.
When she heard that guy instructing the guards to forbid her entrance,
I expected her to do the cliche thing and misunderstand the situation.
Instead, she seeks the prince and verifies things herself. A wise decision on her part.

This is so me after staying awake for more than a day.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 21, 2015 6:00 AM

Dec 2012
deanzel said:
How is the manga? I'm semi-intrigued and tempted to just read ahead and get into the meat of the story and characters. Is it all shoujo or is there a bit more action/things to keep it interesting?

Well, I don't want to spoil things.. and I don't know what you mean by "is it all shoujo?" xD Do you mean to ask if it will focus on Shirayuki and Zen relationship? All I can say is that there will always be Zenyuki's moments.. but the story will now focus on Shirayuki and the obstacles she'll face in the palace.

And there will be lots of new interesting characters that will be introduced in the upcoming episodes. ^^

Speaking of new characters.. I can't wait to see Little Ryuu! <3

Tokoya said:
I can already tell that this guy is going to make things even better lol xD

Yes! I have to say Obi's seiyuu did a great job! And I'm glad they didn't ruined his character's design.

Things will definitely become more interesting since he's now here. XD
InsaneFruitJul 21, 2015 6:12 AM
Jul 21, 2015 7:01 AM

May 2014
Am I the only one who find Zen cute?!

Also I didn't watch this on Funi. Guess I'm a lucky b-

Jul 21, 2015 7:17 AM

Sep 2014
This Anime just keeps on getting better and better. I love this Anime already! Shirayuki's likeable as hell, and I'm sure Zen will be too soon.
Jul 21, 2015 7:25 AM

May 2012
Chuunichan said:

Shirayuki is the only cute character in my opinion
Jul 21, 2015 8:36 AM

Apr 2012
I love how the interactions between Shiraiyuki and Zen are being handled. It would have been so easy for this to fall into a cliche romance route and have the two of them get embarrassed at almost every turn, but there is NONE of that with these two, no awkwardness between them at all, and I LOVE it. It really feels like they're starting out as good friends instead of being instant love interests. THIS is what I want to see from a romance anime.
Jul 21, 2015 8:36 AM

Jan 2015
Zen x Shirayuki moments are so cute, the episode was so sweet and funny, the new characters are so cool, kyaa how refreshing
Jul 21, 2015 8:42 AM

Oct 2014
Shirayuki be like:

Somebody, pls do a ''Deal with it gif'' With Shirayuki pls.
Jul 21, 2015 9:09 AM

Sep 2013
Obiiiiiiiiii! I was waiting for you <3 <3 Glad to see you in the anime. Finally!
But still, Zen x Shirayuki <3 <3 <3 True OTP
Jul 21, 2015 9:20 AM

Feb 2015
Man, I'm really enjoying this so much, there isn't one character that I cannot stand.
Also that arrow was a nice shot, so gotta hand to Obi.

Also [I put the below in a spoiler, not sure if it counts as a spoiler but to be safe :)]
Jul 21, 2015 11:15 AM

Feb 2009
Shirayuki becomes more and more badass every episode. I want her to have everything she wants, including Zen, lol. And I'm glad we'll get introduced to some new characters!

Jul 21, 2015 11:23 AM

Apr 2013
"red hair omg so pretty, must capture her and make her my lover"
"red hair omg so unique, must capture her and sell her to nobles"
"red hair omg evil, must stop meeting her immediately using force"

really original concept so far... eh.

I mean the characters are enjoyable, but the plot is something a elementary schooler could've written.
Jul 21, 2015 12:18 PM
Jan 2014
Sourire said:

I mean the characters are enjoyable, but the plot is something a elementary schooler could've written.

Actually "red hair has no status and must therefor not meet the prince" or alternatively "Girl with no status, must prevent her from meeting the prince" but I guess you can't even observe such an obvious thing, even though it presents it to you on a silver platter.

Also with how you said it, you make it sound like Prince Zen thinks that Shirayuki is evil and has therefor ordered people to use force against her, so she can't meet him and that just didn't happen in the episode at all.

Also simplification of something doesn't prove it's bad writing if it did I could say
and then say that Clannad After Story has writing a elementary schooler could come up with, and after your logic I would be right.
Shock_YinJul 21, 2015 12:45 PM

Jul 21, 2015 12:25 PM
Jul 2018
Shirayuki teaches Haruka a good lesson.
Jul 21, 2015 12:38 PM

Apr 2013
Shock_Yin said:
Sourire said:

Actually "red hair has no status and must therefor not meet the prince" or alternatively "Girl with no status, must prevent her from meeting the prince" but I guess you can't even observe such an obvious thing, even though it presents it to you on a silver platter.

Also with how you said it, you make it sound like Prince Zen thinks that Shirayuki is evil and has therefor ordered people to use force against her, so she can't meet him and that just didn't happen in the episode at all.
the red hair part is something the lord mentioned early in the episode, social status came with it. I just didn't bother using a complete sentence. The events so far (first 3 episodes) have been almost identical. So yeah it's unoriginal.
Jul 21, 2015 1:10 PM
Jan 2014
Sourire said:
Shock_Yin said:

the red hair part is something the lord mentioned early in the episode, social status came with it. I just didn't bother using a complete sentence. The events so far (first 3 episodes) have been almost identical. So yeah it's unoriginal.

Sure the red hair part gets tiresome after some time, but what isn't unoriginal f.ex. Some would claim that Clannad After Story's cute characters are unoriginal.
Here's what I conclude, you use the excuse of unoriginality when it's convienient for you or when you actually mean tiresome or repetitive.

Also I don't care if you didn't bother, lazyness isn't an excuse.

Please use the right words to describe what is bothering you the next time.
Unrelated: I want to thank you for reminding me that Overlord has aired.
Shock_YinJul 21, 2015 1:34 PM

Jul 21, 2015 1:36 PM

Apr 2015
Where can we find de fixed episode? Unfortunately I cannot see or read Japanese so I am looking for the English translated one :)
Jul 21, 2015 1:46 PM

Mar 2012
Shock_Yin said:
Sourire said:

Sure the red hair part gets tiresome after some time, but what isn't unoriginal f.ex. Some would claim that Clannad After Story's cute characters are unoriginal.
Here's what I conclude, you use the excuse of unoriginality when it's convienient for you or when you actually mean tiresome or repetitive.

Also I don't care if you didn't bother, lazyness isn't an excuse.

Please use the right words to describe what is bothering you the next time.
Unrelated: I want to thank you for reminding me that Overlord has aired.
But it IS unoriginal and repetitive. I mean, the author is basically picking up and reversing really common shoujo tropes. It is still enjoyable but she should just move on :v (as she does in the next chapters)
Jul 21, 2015 3:12 PM

Dec 2012
A nice episode, it's interesting to see Shirayuki go ahead by herself.
Jul 21, 2015 4:33 PM
Mar 2015
I don't know what it is about this anime but I dislike it. The main characters voice, the story so far, what's gonna happen next. Just all, bad. I know its a romance heavy anime but I'm not getting the romance feel.
Jul 21, 2015 10:34 PM

Jan 2011
Considering Shirayuki had to flee her home because the prince in a neighboring kingdom wanted to force her to be his concubine, I think there is every good reason why Zen might be taking his time in building the relationship. As for Shirayuki, it looks like she wants to stand on her own merits when she eventually stands beside Zen. I don't mind if they take a little time to set the romance up, as it looks to me that both of them are very interested in each other.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Jul 21, 2015 11:04 PM

Jan 2014
I can't wait for when Shirayuki goes for the test. I also really like the feel of the anime I've always wished I could live in a town like it.
Jul 22, 2015 1:50 AM

Apr 2013
Superb episode, really loving the setting, characters and visuals, especially liking Zen x Shirayuki!
Jul 22, 2015 2:02 AM

Jan 2015
LeFlower-kun said:
Superb episode, really loving the setting, characters and visuals, especially liking Zen x Shirayuki!

Same here! This is probablly the best anime of this season it's shame that it's so underrated...
Jul 22, 2015 3:26 AM

Jun 2015
Good episode. Would've loved to see more, but at least there is more progress in terms of the understanding btwn Zen and Shirayuki.

Jul 22, 2015 9:13 AM
Mar 2010
thepath said:
Chuunichan said:

Shirayuki is the only cute character in my opinion

You hate any cute/hot male, so this comes as no surprise.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Jul 22, 2015 9:42 AM

Mar 2008
The most boring and anticlimactic episode so far.
Jul 22, 2015 1:09 PM
Nov 2012
Sourire said:

I understand what you're saying, but at least she didn't have to be rescued this time (or I should say was successful in rescuing herself, for once), which I think is significant.

Anyway, the red hair almost seems like a metaphor. If she was less of a character she'd curse it and try to dye it or cut it all off or hide it under a hat or hood all the time. Instead she just moves forward, never even commenting on it, let alone apologizing. I think she's a very original character for this type of story, and the path she took this episode showed her continuing to make her own way on her own terms.
Jul 22, 2015 2:25 PM
Jul 2018
Is it always going to be like this from now on? Shirayuki gets attacked or kidnapped or whatever else by someone and then she defends herself while having small moments with Zen who will show up in the end anyway and have the final word?

I hope it doesnt tbh because the test next time does sound interesting and I don't want to drop it before I see where exactly can she reach by herself.
Jul 22, 2015 6:04 PM

Aug 2013
Shirayuki is pretty badass. She didn't react much to the whole situation. Having an arrow suddenly shot right in front of me like that, I would probably have fell down the whole stairs x)

Fuck that noble jackass who judge people by their rank. In the end, I guess it is just representative of the old time... Oh well, I guess he understood his place and won't do that again.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jul 23, 2015 12:53 AM

Dec 2013
Not sure I'm gonna continue with this. Female MC is mildly interesting but the supporting cast and (story?) isn't engaging me at all yet, aside from the first ep which wasn't bad. So far the Ost is better than the anime.
Jul 23, 2015 1:20 AM

Jan 2013
Not the most exciting or interesting episode.
But things worked out.
Jul 23, 2015 2:26 AM

Dec 2009
I'm glad Obi look good in anime *u*
Jul 24, 2015 10:44 AM

Apr 2014
[center][size=90]Even in the midst of conflict, this anime retains a lighthearted tone that pushes such conflict away from being terribly serious. This isn't an inherently bad feature, of course. This anime gives off feel-good vibes while being predictable, which goes quite along the course of the fairytale-like theme. There's a very careful balance, in this case, between making the conflict seem too trivial versus making it seem too serious for the tone of the anime.
I like how there's an emphasis on Shirayuki's strength that sets her apart from the traditional fairy tale protagonist; however, the creators also did a good job of showing her and Zen's relationship through her, albeit minimal, reliance on Zen. Even though she can get through most of conflicts herself, it takes a little help from Zen to triumph completely. And it's nice to see that, how they don't make Shirayuki seem weak while still showing the growing relationship of how both Zen and Shirayuki need each other.
However, there are some holes in the development of the relationships. I feel like I needed a little bit of plot to cover how Shirayuki ended up running into the castle every day, how her and Zen became more and more close...I mean, it is obvious on how such things would play out, but I feel like the transfer from her and Zen meeting each other to becoming 'best friends' was a little bit sudden.
In addition, the resolution of the conflict with Lord Haruka seemed a little underwhelming and forced in this episode. He was so strong-willed about separating the two but seemed to give up very easily when faced with resistance from Shirayuki.
For now, I'll content myself with how this friendship blossoms into something more.

[ a ] [ i ] wo atsumete
たくさん の あい お あつめたら
tumblr
ことば で きみ に とどけよう
deviantart
みえない きもち お かたち に したら
last.fm
こころ の なか まで とどく から

Jul 25, 2015 10:25 AM

Sep 2014
Was kind of late to see this episode but it was pretty good!

Shirayuki is turning out to be a really good character, looking forward to see her development more now than before.
Jul 26, 2015 1:44 PM
Mar 2012
... and she never actually got her book and thus failed the test.

Episode was meh-ish. Somehow it felt like something was missing, idk. At least she didn't need rescuing in this one.
Jul 26, 2015 5:15 PM

May 2015
Alright episode. Felt a bit weaker, but good nonetheless. Shirayuki is so far such a great character.

Jul 27, 2015 12:00 AM

Dec 2010
Sourire said:

^This. And this show is proving (so far) to be your typical and cliched shoujo anime with just a few tweaks here and there.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 27, 2015 2:05 PM

Jul 2015
Excellent as always
Jul 27, 2015 6:25 PM

Feb 2010
smelldemon said:
LeFlower-kun said:

Same here! This is probablly the best anime of this season it's shame that it's so underrated...

THIS.
Jul 28, 2015 1:39 PM

May 2010
Zen is actually a pretty good character, too. Thank God he isn't two-dimensional, I am so thankful for that. And dat blonde bastard was annoying as hell, go eat grass or something. At least he learned his lesson. And at least he has the dignity to judge instead of foolishly following his own visions.

Obi was introduced but surprisingly, I am leaning towards Zen as a romantic choice for Shirayuki... at least so far.

This anime is love, nothing less.
Aug 1, 2015 8:10 AM

Jul 2009
Each episode just make me like Shirayuki more!
Aug 1, 2015 5:17 PM

Feb 2013
Stepping towards that guy's sword... girl's got guts.
Aug 1, 2015 11:59 PM

Nov 2007
Enter Obi! Man, I almost forgot how cool Obi's entrance was! Back when I read the manga, I didn't know at that point I would like him so much in the long run. Same with Kiki and Mitsuhide. I love all five of them!

TragicRomance said:
Obi was introduced but surprisingly, I am leaning towards Zen as a romantic choice for Shirayuki... at least so far.

Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Aug 3, 2015 12:18 AM

Oct 2008
Another Great Episode!
Shirayuki, what a breave girl!. And I got more respect from her cuz she wants to prove herself not relying to power and social status.
5/5.

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akagami no Shirayuki-hime Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2015

166 by nyaasar »»
Mar 11, 3:15 PM

» Any anime’s similar to this one?

slutforhange - Aug 21, 2021

13 by Zarutaku »»
Feb 7, 8:58 AM

Poll: » Akagami no Shirayuki-hime Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2015

209 by XxEMOxKONATAxX »»
Jan 30, 8:10 PM

Poll: » Akagami no Shirayuki-hime Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2015

189 by XxEMOxKONATAxX »»
Jan 30, 6:35 PM

Poll: » Akagami no Shirayuki-hime Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Aug 24, 2015

127 by XxEMOxKONATAxX »»
Jan 26, 9:13 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.