Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Akagami no Shirayuki-hime Episode 3 Discussion

Aug 3, 2015 12:18 AM

Another Great Episode!
Shirayuki, what a breave girl!. And I got more respect from her cuz she wants to prove herself not relying to power and social status.
5/5.

Aug 16, 2015 2:07 AM
Zen seems like he'll make a great leader one day-- he gets that by doing nothing but deskwork he might lose sight of what's actually going on in his country.

I liked Shirayuki's outfit in this episode, cute but functional!

Can't help but think Shirayuki might be better off dying her hair though, I know she's probably too proud to but it would help her avoid unwanted observation/stalking... and I'm sure she knows some plants she could mix to create a dye. I respect that she's strong enough to face everything head on though.

Aug 17, 2015 8:44 AM

Three episodes in, and I could say she could be the best female character this season.

Aug 22, 2015 11:55 AM

These two are so cute c:

Aug 23, 2015 8:36 PM
Bunnies 🍓

The way she kept advancing towards Haruka who had his sword pointed her was amazing. She just does as she pleases, brave as well.

Gotta love Shirayuki, she's got that serious attitude and all the caring feelings.

Aug 31, 2015 12:14 AM

Keep the ship sailing.. Shirayuki best waifu ever.

Sep 6, 2015 4:14 PM

Urgh, slow and uneventful. Biggest problem with this series so far is there's no real direction. And Zen is so perfect it's grating.

Discord: Zadion#0202
RateYourMusic
last.fm

Sep 20, 2015 7:44 AM

I really like how Shirayuki isn't some pussy, she's actually very commendable.
Looking forward to more of this.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.

Oct 1, 2015 10:23 PM

This is a sweetly innocent world, but it's just dark enough to where it's not childish. Gotta respect Shirayuki's bravery. She's so calm and soft-spoken, but a sharp and quick thinker.

I really like the atmosphere. It's pleasant, peaceful, and relaxing; reminds me a bit of Aria.

I'm watching Arslan Senki at the same time, and in that anime, Lord Haruka would have been banished or executed for undermining the prince like that, as would his archer subordinate.
Modified by DawningFog, Oct 1, 2015 10:33 PM

Oct 2, 2015 12:48 AM

I wonder where the rest of the royal family is at.

Oct 6, 2015 11:23 AM

Another very lovely episode with great development! Looking forward to see what's next!

Jan 6, 2016 7:21 PM

Impressive how Shirayuki stood up against Haruka but I'm kinda bummed that the romance is already panned out and it's Zen and Shirayuki no matter what :(
There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards.

Jan 22, 2016 8:10 AM

Another good episode, the story goes smoothly that is a pleasure, narrative that shows no discrepancies in the various steps, everything fits in the reasons given, drawings and animations beautiful, more and more interesting characters, and props senografie very beautiful, excellent OST , the catchy opening and ending, happy to have started this series!

Jan 22, 2016 1:17 PM
This is so Disney... I love it.

Im really liking Shirayuki, she has my total respect now, she is brave, smart and honest with her feelings. I want more female leads like her!

Jan 23, 2016 4:53 AM

Well I don't like Shirayuki at all. If someone says she can't go to the castle anymore, what does she do? Runs straight in of course. She didn't think even for one second that maybe it was the king, who doesn't want such a country girl to be friends with his son.

Well in this case it was Lord/Duke or something, but the way Shirayuki looked him down her nose, made me more than angry. She's not in the position to talk to him that way, especially when she's in a place that she doesn't belong to.

I'm not saying Shirayuki is annoying because she's not royalty, or because she goes to the castle. I just don't like how she sometimes thinks she's above some people.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Feb 6, 2016 4:29 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Shirayuki proves to be a BAMF! Obi seems interesting.

4/5

Feb 9, 2016 1:43 PM
Soli The Lewdy

Shirayuki sure has some confidence to face that lord with the sword.

Naicu episode.

Apr 7, 2016 7:20 AM

Obi clearly has The Force if he can do trick like that 😄

Shirayuki is so brave determined. Get to the top by her own means despite having a free card to the top by being friends with the prince.

Jul 21, 2016 9:57 PM
Red is a vulgar color. >:(3333

4/5

Jul 25, 2016 1:36 PM
this anime is so feminist <3 zen is a great feminist i love it!

it is an absolute "he for she" kinda anime :)

Jul 11, 2017 9:28 AM

Shirayuki wants to be able to see Zen without relying on his authority, while also improving her skills as a pharmacist. A respectable objective.

I was so relieved by the aversion of an abduction plot this time! Still, Shirayuki's behavior bordered on reckless in this episode. This could be a flaw that may come into play later - that she can be hardworking and confident to a fault. But it's a good thing that she's willing to take risks. It's also important to note that she kept going after being warned specifically because she wanted to get answers and talk the situation over with Zen. Which she did, and the fact that Zen agreed to investigate separately was cool, if also a bit reckless.

I can easily believe that when she faced Lord Haruka's sword, the reason why she kept going was that she called his bluff. Since she realized that banning her from the Castle would be out of character for Zen, she assumed that whoever was really responsible for the ban had to go behind the prince's back in order to get rid of her. As she correctly identified the man stopping her (Lord Haruka) as this person, it makes sense that she assumed that he didn't really have the authority to just stab her. It was risky, but she knew what she was doing, and that doesn't make the moment any less badass.

Lord Haruka is a flat character so far, I'll concede that. But I like that, even though he's a sexist and arrogant jerk, he still kind of had a point. Normally, you wouldn't want the prince to be influenced by some strange individual with a background you can't confirm, because it's a security risk at the very least. I'd even argue that this was a lesson for Zen, because he should have taken care of the paperwork sooner so Shirayuki would be able to freely access the Castle grounds.

Zen is a promising prince not just because he's generally nice to be around, but because he likes seeing things from more than one angle, and doesn't want to lose sight of what goes on outside of the Castle walls, i.e. the real country. He even resisted the urge to swoop in early to save Shirayuki, and waited until she successfully called his bluff to bust him. He didn't want to accuse him without evidence. What a guy. Also, I wonder if his line about enemies will be significant later.

I'm reserving judgement on Obi but he seems like fun.
Modified by LeeTailor, Jul 11, 2017 9:54 AM

Oct 1, 2017 3:13 AM

Dem black particles.
Dat arrow.
Haruka points his sword at Shirayuki.
Who picked up the arrow? It just disappeared.

The ED song sounds so familiar.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).

Dec 1, 2017 11:51 PM

Shirayuki has some guts walking up to the guard like that.

Feb 25, 2019 2:11 PM
</overrated>

I am enjoying myself but I'm kinda "meh* curious on how long Shirayuki hair is going to be an issue and will it spring up every base problem in the story. I know it's a fantasy and what not so I can look past it a tad but I kind of want something more? She's a gorgeous girl and I know she's not of wealth or name (though in my head I wonder if we'll find out this isn't true at some point) but she's no wretch.

Anyways I can't wait for the herbalist exam plot line to start.

May 10, 2019 8:28 AM

Shirayuki is so badass at this episode. She is confidently confronting Lord Haruka at swordpoint. She is an admirable heroine. I love seeing a strong female role. She reminds me of Yona from Akatsuki no Yona.

Zen is so funny and cute. I also like his personality and agility. He can easily sense bad things. He also reminds me of another guy named Zen from Mystic Messenger (I already said this in the discussion of episode one but I just cannot get over with it).

Obi is an interesting character.

I love this episode! ~❤️

Sep 9, 2019 4:37 AM

Shirayuki calling Haruka and Obi's bluffs was great to see. She stands up against unfair treatment without losing her composure or being rude, as opposed to the anime tendency to have everyone scream and be emotional in situations such as this. Obi looks like a fun character, too, I hope he'll stick around - though he got off lightly, considering he basically forged an official document and the prince's signature on it.

I don't think Haruka is wrong in his thinking, though; none of them know anything about Shirayuki past what she herself tells them. They can't know whether her intentions in getting closer to the prince are good-natured or not, so it's reasonable to be on their guard around someone they know next to nothing about.

Sep 19, 2019 1:48 AM
Sugoi sugoi sugoi

Feb 1, 1:55 AM

Decent episode but needs some more activity.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]