Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Mar 31, 2016 5:33 PM

Apr 2015
ColdBreeze said:

This sounds too perfect. I'm so hyped for this show.
Unfortunately it's not really known here on Mal and only a minority awaits Re:Zero. The majority don't have it in the plan-to-watch list either which is a shame. I really hope the audience grows when it airs!

I know I kinda praise this as the second coming of Jesus but it's just that this has so much potential it's crazy. Still I'm gonna wait and see how they'll do this, I have faith tho :)

Sadly that's the case. The manga is as far as I know untouched for a while now and well the light novel got licensed by YenPress so any attempt to fan translate got deleted. Therefore it's no surprise not many people know it. Only those who stay up to date with the popular light novel series in Japan, know the language know of it and gave it a read know about it.

That's why this show now has a difficult position. It has barely any backup by source material readers like for example Boku No Hero Academia so it will have to get its viewership on its own.

Personally I expect this to become a smaller version of the popularity Erased got right at the start combined with the twist of School Live ( You know, the majority thought it is your usual Moe stuff but the twist in the first episode brought so much attention to it ). It was kinda the same situation back then in Winter with Erased just with the tiny difference that there wasn't really much of a competition. This season Re:Zero has to compete with a lot of anticipated shows and giants like JoJo ( although the Japanese anticipate this even more than JoJo ) so I doubt its boost will be as big as Erased but still good.

Anyway let's just wait until the first episode airs and it will surely spread like a wildfire that this isn't your usual "another word fantasy harem" but a sadistic story drenched in blood and suffering. The first episode has more than enough scenes that grasp ones attention and drop their jaw.

Oh boy I just can't wait to see peoples' reactions to this.

Also why am I a moderator. Wait we all are mods.
FappaMar 31, 2016 5:37 PM
Mar 31, 2016 6:12 PM

Apr 2015
ColdBreeze said:

Yeah, spring season is definitely stronger than winter. I'm sure this series will be one of my favourites of the upcoming season if not the best.
And if I may say so, Erased wasn't really exceptional good imo. I think Re:Zero has a, like you said, huge/bigger potential. I still believe most people will watch at least one episode of all the airing anime, so it can hook them probably. It airs on Sunday, right? Can't wait for the reactions, too.

Mod: Well, it's April after all.^^

Yeah I agree on that one. I just wanted to address the attention it got early on :). It definitely has a bigger potential because of various reasons. It's a longer, more unique story and if we talk about the anime 24+ episodes is reason enough.

I don't really know. Crunchyroll says Sunday but apparently it airs on Saturday. So I guess the subs will take a while.

Oh...I walked right into that one. Kudos to you MAL :P
Mar 31, 2016 6:16 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Fappa said:
ColdBreeze said:

Yeah, spring season is definitely stronger than winter. I'm sure this series will be one of my favourites of the upcoming season if not the best.
And if I may say so, Erased wasn't really exceptional good imo. I think Re:Zero has a, like you said, huge/bigger potential. I still believe most people will watch at least one episode of all the airing anime, so it can hook them probably. It airs on Sunday, right? Can't wait for the reactions, too.

I don't really know. Crunchyroll says Sunday but apparently it airs on Saturday. So I guess the subs will take a while.

Yeah because of the time zone its kinda weird, Japan is ahead of us.
I don't think it will take a while, crunchyroll usually are fast even for the first episode, its funimation who are slow at the beginning !
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Apr 1, 2016 6:21 AM

Mar 2014
Fappa said:
ColdBreeze said:

Yeah I agree on that one. I just wanted to address the attention it got early on :). It definitely has a bigger potential because of various reasons. It's a longer, more unique story and if we talk about the anime 24+ episodes is reason enough.

>Japan: Mondays 1:05AM JST (+9) -> Sundays 5:05PM GMT (0)
>CR: Sundays 11:35AM PST (-8) -> Sundays 7:35PM GMT (0)

So CR airs 2 hours and a half after it airs in Japan.

Also, I'm pretty sure it'll air 30 minutes early in Japan this week (it has a 1 hour program but half of it is live stuff but I think that usually airs after the episode). Shouldn't change CR's time though.
Paulo27Apr 1, 2016 6:26 AM
Apr 1, 2016 6:48 AM

Apr 2015
Paulo27 said:

Also, I'm pretty sure it'll air 30 minutes early in Japan this week (it has a 1 hour program but half of it is live stuff but I think that usually airs after the episode). Shouldn't change CR's time though.

I don't know how it is for you but for me it says Sundays (April, 3, 1:05 AM JST) that would mean if you apply the time difference that we will get it late Saturday. So it confuses me a little bit that Crunchyroll says Sundays 8:35 PM GMT. It almost sounds like it will take a day for them to bring it out subbed.
Apr 1, 2016 6:52 AM

Mar 2014
Fappa said:
Paulo27 said:

I don't know how it is for you but for me it says Sundays (April, 3, 1:05 AM JST) that would mean if you apply the time difference that we will get it late Saturday. So it confuses me a little bit that Crunchyroll says Sundays 8:35 PM GMT. It almost sounds like it will take a day for them to bring it out subbed.
For me it says Mondays 1:05AM JST (on MAL), 1:05AM JST is 5:05PM (of the previous day) GMT, so a 3:30 hour different (for CR's time I was using the time on the simulcast thread, it might not be completely accurate).

Also, Japan's times go past 24 hours, so this is aring at 25:05 of Sunday (April 3) in Japan, which is actually 1:05AM Monday (April 4).
Apr 1, 2016 7:00 AM
Dec 2015
Fappa said:
ColdBreeze said:

Are you sure it's 60 minutes?? or 45 minutes running time.

So we'll see
Murphy's Law

"Anything that can go wrong will go wrong"

Apr 1, 2016 7:02 AM

Apr 2015
Paulo27 said:
For me it says Mondays 1:05AM JST (on MAL), 1:05AM JST is 5:05PM (of the previous day) GMT, so a 3:30 hour different (for CR's time I was using the time on the simulcast thread, it might not be completely accurate).

Also, Japan's times go past 24 hours, so this is aring at 25:05 of Sunday (April 3) in Japan, which is actually 1:05AM Monday (April 4).

Alright now I'm really confused. I guess AniChart screwed me over big times because it claims that this will air in one day and 2 hours my time.

So far AniChart was always accurate with its airing times so that I could trust on it completely but maybe they've done a mistake this time. Well whatever this is such a small matter, not worth to get ourselves worked up about it. I'll just keep a look at CR tomorrow evening :)
Apr 1, 2016 7:05 AM

Apr 2015
NotThisShitAgain said:

Are you sure it's 60 minutes?? or 45 minutes running time.

So we'll see

It is confirmed to be 60 full minutes, I doubt they just round up to one hour.

I think
FappaApr 1, 2016 7:11 AM
Apr 1, 2016 7:14 AM

Mar 2014
Fappa said:
Paulo27 said:

Alright now I'm really confused. I guess AniChart screwed me over big times because it claims that this will air in one day and 2 hours my time.

So far AniChart was always accurate with its airing times so that I could trust on it completely but maybe they've done a mistake this time. Well whatever this is such a small matter, not worth to get ourselves worked up about it. I'll just keep a look at CR tomorrow evening :)
Anichart is indeed wrong, I think.
There's a 30 minutes special with the cast 24 hours before the first episode, I think that's why it's showing early there.
Apr 1, 2016 7:20 AM
Oct 2011
@Paulo27 @Fappa Nah its 100% airing on sunday late at night like it said in the tweet from 1:05-1:35(Only for the special)

Twitter

「Re:ゼロから始める異世界生活」はテレビ東京ほかにて4月3日からオンエア!テレビ東京は毎週日曜日深夜1:05~(※4月3日初回スペシャルのみ深夜1:35~)です!その他の放送局と放送日時は公式サイトをチェック♪

Official site

Edit: Actually nvm I was reading the airing time from a comment not from twitter. I looked at the newer tweets and yes it's 60 min indeed. My bad

「Re:ゼロから始める異世界生活」第1話のあらすじ&先行場面カットを公開しました!いよいよ4月3日からテレビ東京ほかにて放送開始となります!
初回は1時間スペシャルですよ

barmarApr 1, 2016 8:07 AM
Apr 1, 2016 7:32 AM

Apr 2015
ColdBreeze said:
So, is the first episode 60min + 30 min special? or 30min+30 min special? Bit confused know.

I'm confused myself. I just know that this article http://otakomu.jp/archives/362059.html says it will be a one hour first episode special. The people from the pre screening also said it was a 1 hour episode + 1 hour talk after it.

Also the fact that CR will take 2 - 2 1/2 hours this week instead of 1 hour to release it supports this too.
Apr 2, 2016 6:42 AM

Apr 2015
ColdBreeze said:

That's exactly what I read on an other site. The conversation here is kinda confusing. I really hope it's like they said. But we'll see it soon.

I think I know now what's up. It seems like it will really air on Sunday for us, it's just that AniChart messed up.

I went through the official twitter website and I found tweets about a pre-special event tonight in which the cast, I think, sits together and talks about the show and then there is a tweet of the official twitter account that says "1 hour special for the first episode". Now there are two possibilities:

1. The pre-special event today and the 25 minute anime episode are split but counted as an 1 hour special.

2. The pre-special event isn't seen as a part of the first episode and we still get a 60 minutes episode.

Personally I think it's the latter because the pre screening episode clearly was one hour long.

Still a lot of people are now confused when it will air and when not.
Apr 2, 2016 7:12 AM

Apr 2015
ColdBreeze said:

Thanks for the update.

I found this: "The Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu anime will broadcast its first episode on Monday, April 4th at 1:05am JST on TV Tokyo."

So, where I live it will air at 6pm, sunday.

MAL had the infos already though:
http://myanimelist.net/news/45258438

Well clearly I'm too dumb to find a simple article then lol. Thanks for the information.

Guess it's really a 60 minute episode then, thank god.

So in other words 30 minutes special with the cast ( today ) + 60 first episode special ( tomorrow ).

I'm so fine with that. The only things that bugs me is that it is now on the same day as BNHA and when I've learned one thing from OPM then that other good shows which air on the same get lost in the hype.
Apr 2, 2016 10:42 AM

Jul 2015
I've read what few chapters of the manga that are available in english and I wouldn't be surprised if this becomes a hit.

If the animation holds up and Wit adapts it well (which it seems like they will) it'll be popular for sure.
Apr 2, 2016 11:28 AM

Apr 2015
BlueBalls said:
I've read what few chapters of the manga that are available in english and I wouldn't be surprised if this becomes a hit.

If the animation holds up and Wit adapts it well (which it seems like they will) it'll be popular for sure.

The few manga chapters ( I think 12 + 10 ? ) should give you a good little insight on what to expect, though it stops right before the story gets "real". What you've read there is only a cake walk compared what happens later in arc 2 and especially in the third arc.

It's School Live all over again. People go in it with the wrong expectations and get their asses handed to them within the first episode. That usually hooks people and the word of it "being not what it seems like" spreads like a wildfire. The slight difference to School Live is that this is on a whole different level in terms of gore, brutality and disturbing content.

People like this stuff. Compare this with a revival/time travel topic that can be compared to Erased/Steins;Gate and there you have stuff that makes a really good anime. Of course it depends on how it is done.

Is it censored a lot? Doubt it. It would take too much away from the weight of the death scenes and they know it. The channel and the fact that the show airs really really late only support the theory of it being rather uncensored. Also from the PV I already saw a good share of gore.

Is it rushed? Since they will wrap up the first arc in 2 episodes they will move on to the really interesting stuff rather fast without rushing anything. I guess they can thank the author and his weird volume sizes that double from volume to volume. It also has 24 episodes with a possibility of a season 2 so rushing content won't be happening.

Personally I trust White Fox and the staff behind this although I'm still a little bit careful with the director.

ColdBreeze said:

Wit? I'm quite sure White Fox is adapting this anime. I should check it again.

It's White Fox. It's easy to mix up with other studios, happens to me too.
Apr 2, 2016 11:31 AM

Jul 2015
ColdBreeze said:
BlueBalls said:

Wit? I'm quite sure White Fox is adapting this anime. I should check it again.

My bad, got em mixed up
Apr 2, 2016 11:46 AM
Dec 2015
Fappa said:
ColdBreeze said:

Thanks for the update.

I found this: "The Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu anime will broadcast its first episode on Monday, April 4th at 1:05am JST on TV Tokyo."

So, where I live it will air at 6pm, sunday.

MAL had the infos already though:
http://myanimelist.net/news/45258438

Well clearly I'm too dumb to find a simple article then lol. Thanks for the information.

So in other words 30 minutes special with the cast ( today ) + 60 first episode special ( tomorrow ).

I'm so fine with that. The only things that bugs me is that it is now on the same day as BNHA and when I've learned one thing from OPM then that other good shows which air on the same get lost in the hype.

I think they're will wrap up the first arc into First Episode only.
The First Episode title is "The Beginning of the End & The End of The Beginning". I'm pretty sure of that since it's One Hour Episode.
NotThisShitAgainApr 2, 2016 11:50 AM
Murphy's Law

"Anything that can go wrong will go wrong"

Apr 2, 2016 12:19 PM

Jan 2015
NotThisShitAgain said:
Fappa said:

The First Episode title is "The Beginning of the End & The End of The Beginning". I'm pretty sure of that since it's One Hour Episode.

I've heard this thrown around a lot so I'd like some clarification, is the first arc all of volume 1?
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Apr 2, 2016 12:51 PM

Apr 2015
NotThisShitAgain said:

Personally I also think they could totally do that but I just go according to the preview pictures, synopsis, PV and the comments below the pre screening.
They all hint towards an end after the second death.

bobzanny said:

I've heard this thrown around a lot so I'd like some clarification, is the first arc all of volume 1?

Yes.

I don't really know how the arc to volume relation is since I've only read some of them in a huge box of text. But I know that the first arc is way shorter than the second one and that one is short compared to the third one.

What I know is that the author doubles his page numbers with every new volume. Also yeah the first arc is in the first volume 1 and both a rather short compared to the other 2 arcs and 7 volumes, that's why we see it being adapted in the 60 minute first episode. The volumes later on are really long for a light novel but that's because the third arc is huge and it's adapted from a web novel.
FappaApr 2, 2016 12:55 PM
Apr 2, 2016 1:04 PM

Jan 2015
Fappa said:
NotThisShitAgain said:

Personally I also think they could totally do that but I just go according to the preview pictures, synopsis, PV and the comments below the pre screening.
They all hint towards an end after the second death.

bobzanny said:

Yes.

I don't really know how the arc to volume relation is since I've only read some of them in a huge box of text. But I know that the first arc is way shorter than the second one and that one is short compared to the third one.

What I know is that the author doubles his page numbers with every new volume. Also yeah the first arc is in the first volume 1 and both a rather short compared to the other 2 arcs and 7 volumes, that's why we see it being adapted in the 60 minute first episode. The volumes later on are really long for a light novel but that's because the third arc is huge and it's adapted from a web novel.

Thank you Fappa, coming in clutch. From what I've read, is the first arc just about getting the gem I think it was?

Also Re:Zero is originally a web novel? Interesting.
Apr 2, 2016 1:19 PM

Apr 2015
bobzanny said:

Thank you Fappa, coming in clutch. From what I've read, is the first arc just about getting the gem I think it was?

No problem man!

Oh I love to read the Japanese comments under the new PV. Half of them don't know what to think of the show and the other half comes through and explains the story to them. In literally any comment they call the PV a "fraud" because it's literally that.

Someone made the funny but strange comparison "It's like you give a child an ice cream but there are nails hidden in it".
Apr 2, 2016 1:41 PM

Jan 2015
Fappa said:
bobzanny said:

No problem man!

Oh I love to read the Japanese comments under the new PV. Half of them don't know what to think of the show and the other half comes through and explains the story to them. In literally any comment they call the PV a "fraud" because it's literally that.

Someone made the funny but strange comparison "It's like you give a child an ice cream but there are nails hidden in it".

Well the marketing makes it seem like another trapped in another world like anime, plus the cute heroine so kudo's to White Fox's staff. We'll know in about a day if they delivered on their first episode or not.
Apr 2, 2016 1:55 PM

Apr 2015
bobzanny said:

Well the marketing makes it seem like another trapped in another world like anime, plus the cute heroine so kudo's to White Fox's staff. We'll know in about a day if they delivered on their first episode or not.

I don't know if it is intentional or not. This may be a strategy from them to create a certain "wow" moment and hook as many people as possible after the first episode.

I know that any "happy" or heartwarming moments are followed by pain and just pain. Oh well I know that I'll be sucked into feeling good again and it will crush my feelings again.

Oh yeah not long until it airs. I so can't wait for the comment section here and over at reddit as well as the reactions.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Julius is annoying AF

BroDa2545 - Yesterday

29 by Shoujoaddict »»
9 hours ago

» To the people who don't like Re:Zero, Why? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

opal_shimmer - Feb 20, 2021

250 by Megaman-is-hard1 »»
Apr 23, 8:53 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2016

1722 by Grazzerz »»
Apr 21, 10:54 PM

» Isn't it more realistic for Emilia to fall in love with Reinhard than Subaru? ( 1 2 )

Sanjay63773 - Apr 4

69 by Altofanime »»
Apr 20, 3:11 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 8, 2016

527 by XionnaMing »»
Apr 19, 10:26 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.