Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Post New Reply
Poll: Charlotte Episode 3 Discussion

Jul 20, 2015 9:25 AM

Yuu_vi_Britannia said:
Maeda's obsession for baseball is abnormal

Charlotte - Preview EP4
link - https://i.4cdn.org/wsg/1437400052761.webm

You would be surprised by all the baseball channels on Japan's TV and to ridiculous huge amount of baseball fields there are all over Japan. Maeda just confirm the stereotypes.

Jul 20, 2015 10:47 AM

Yuu_vi_Britannia said:
Hrybami said:
You would be surprised by all the baseball channels on Japan's TV and to ridiculous huge amount of baseball fields there are all over Japan. Maeda just confirm the stereotypes.

Baseball is the secret passion Maeda
Yes furthermore Maeda has a habit of turning their heroines with stronger personality in heroines ''DereDere''.
Kyou, Tomoyo, Makoto, Rin.
And the four had one thing in common, the four girls adorovam give kicks in men.

Do you English?

Jul 20, 2015 11:01 AM
Out of curiosity, am I the only one who thinks that the sad "goodbye muh love" scene involving Misa and the red haired boy - who didn't leave enough of an impression that I remembered his name - was just a bit forced? Juuuuuuust a bit.

Jul 20, 2015 11:02 AM

Yuu_vi_Britannia said:
Hrybami said:
Do you English?

Argentine/German.
Argentine mother and German father

Aren't Argentinians speaking Spanish?

Jul 20, 2015 6:46 PM

the best part was when Nao got punched and the other two guys didn't give a damn XD

what Yuu is secretly thinking

Yuu: Karmas a bitch, eh Nao
Modified by Shion657, Jul 20, 2015 6:50 PM

Jul 20, 2015 9:39 PM
Hard to believe this is Jun Maeda's work, that confession felt so pointless and dull

Jul 20, 2015 10:04 PM
Sasuga Jun Maeda...
A bit of feel on this episode..

Jul 20, 2015 10:58 PM

lejon_brames said:
Hard to believe this is Jun Maeda's work, that confession felt so pointless and dull

I honestly believe that all this is to convey how by taking these people into this new school, their lives and others around them will be largely affected. Nao's even crossing her arms: http://i.imgur.com/8dqMYRX.jpg

Similar to us, Nao, Takajou, and Yuu have little context of the situation besides what was given at hand. All we can do is sympathize. However, since our minds are locked onto the idea that we are viewers, and not part of the actual scene, we are in need of context to help arrive at the climax, which there was little of.
Being a viewer won't always comply with real life, and I think this is trying to show that they have lives too.
It's similar to Udoh's situation with his parents' health and financial issues in episode 2.

I'm predicting that by building upon this idea as a separate theme, it will help to connect to how much people are affected by the scientists' work on them, whether or not we can sympathize right now. There will no doubt be revelations on the whole parapsychologists and time leap thing, and I feel as if being exposed to everyday problems that these people have will build up to the "main meat."

Similar to how these scenes don't mean much to us viewers, the build up won't mean much to the characters. There is a fine line that can be crossed at will. It's just hard to know that it's there sometimes.

tl;dr There is a purpose for these scenes other than to pull the #feels strings.
Modified by EpicCh33se, Jul 20, 2015 11:03 PM

Jul 20, 2015 11:47 PM

This episodes wasn't as annoying as the previous one. Thankfully...
I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.

Jul 21, 2015 12:07 AM

Yuu_vi_Britannia said:
Inferno_Cop said:
As much as I dislike Clannad, it was way more funny than this show.
Now this show pretty much turned from "I'd want to see" into "I've seen it before."
terrible 2/5.

Friend to make matters worse she kicked the Megane-kun 2x for stupid reasons.
I hate violent heroines kicking men, for anything
Another anime with a violent Heroin.
Hitting on men, for stupid reasons.
Kicking men, at all times, at smaller grounds.
So to the rest of the anime.
Megane-Kun became the punching bag Nao.

if you think that her kicking that annoying-ass dude for being annoying is a bad thing then you must have the worst kind of taste imaginable

Jul 21, 2015 9:22 AM

Just here to say that maaya uchida is amazing
other than that average ep
Baby, daijobanai...

Jul 21, 2015 11:24 AM

Why does it sound like every one has a stick up their ass. A lot of people saying they were "disappointed" with episode, I don't get it was this supposed to be a masterpiece or something?

Jul 21, 2015 11:53 AM

ebankz said:
Why does it sound like every one has a stick up their ass. A lot of people saying they were "disappointed" with episode, I don't get it was this supposed to be a masterpiece or something?

Some people are disappointed because we got a shitty episode after 2 good ones? Shocking, I know.
Modified by Lollo36, Jul 21, 2015 12:06 PM

Jul 21, 2015 11:59 AM

ebankz said:

I was never expecting a masterpiece or anything remotely close to that, but I was also not expecting that every character in this would turn OVERTLY BLAND or into STEAMING PILES OF SHIT.

Jul 21, 2015 12:07 PM

I don't hate it enough to drop yet so I will continue for now, it did have some nice scenes like Nao getting punched and Misa's power.

I don't know if it just went over my head but in that last scene where he was confessing I had one thought going through my mind and it was "Am I supposed to actually cry or feel any sadness whatsoever over this?" Because I didn't, I wanted to laugh instead :/

I'm hoping it'll go back to how the previous episodes were, that was really interesting and I want to see more about the scientists and the experiments.

Jul 21, 2015 12:14 PM

Yuu_vi_Britannia said:
Lollo36 said:

We're almost there:

Shit, I missed "death befalls". Misa should qualify, right?

ghosts - Misa
So close to bingo but not yet.
By episode 6 we should have it!

Jul 21, 2015 12:16 PM

Why didnt they ask her how does it feel to be dead ?

Jul 21, 2015 12:32 PM

What's with the hostility especially for Charlotte? Jesus, settle down <.<

Jul 21, 2015 2:00 PM

Joujirou is such a fun character his teleportations can go on all day for me
The comedy worked well though the sad story about the idol was presented kind of light for such a tragedy

Jul 21, 2015 3:32 PM

Really good episode and I liked Misa's character a lot.

Jul 21, 2015 5:10 PM

Eh this was kind of uninteresting. I almost laughed at the confession scene too, hard to see it as something else as forced.
At least I saw a nosebleed from a girl...don't recall seeing that in any anime/manga yet.

Jul 21, 2015 6:02 PM

This episode felt really forced.

And yeah, so this is the 'bit my tongue' Ayane Sakura talked about.
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

Jul 21, 2015 6:24 PM

Ayumi is just too cute. And Nao was great this episode.

Jul 21, 2015 10:49 PM

For me the whole confession at the end felt flat...way to early. This is what happens when you want to create some artificial drama without proper character development.
As for good things, Nao getting punched (because her character gets more repulsive every episode), loved Misa character (maybe because of Maaya Uchida's amazing voice acting?!) and Takajou is not a bad comic relief - him rushing to get lunch was hilarious (the way he waits for the bell to open the door + nice strategic position).
Modified by Mannoh, Jul 21, 2015 11:12 PM

Jul 22, 2015 3:05 AM
Series getting more childish every episode. I guess target audience is exclusive to teenagers.

Jul 22, 2015 4:30 AM

I feel like it is going to be another series I will have to force myself to finish

Jul 22, 2015 5:20 AM

CrimsonMoon56 said:
I feel like it is going to be another series I will have to force myself to finish

"Force myself"? Don't like it, don't watch it. It's simple as that.

Jul 22, 2015 6:32 AM

Cirris said:

to facetiously paraphrase.

"I love you"
"well I'm dead so forget me and have a happy life"
"wahhhh, ok I'll forget you and have a happy life"
"great you do that"
"we did this in 30 seconds, the anime producers will be happy to fit it in"
"goodbye"
"bye"

Now we have just enough time to go back to pouty moeblob imouto who's grumpy that her onii-chan doesn't come home so she can fawn over him with crappy pizza sauce meals.

This XD

I'm not digging this series but we'll see...

Jul 22, 2015 9:14 AM

Better than the last two episodes, but still pretty average.

Jul 22, 2015 1:35 PM

Yusa’s introduction could’ve been handled better, especially since she is part of the main cast.

Her introduction should’ve been at least a 2 episodes arc. That way they could’ve developed Yusa and Misa sister-relationship and their background story a lot better, which, to be honest, it was pretty much nonexistent in this episode.

I’m indifferent about that last minute confession between Misa and the other guy. The whole thing went too fast (confession and resolution), not to mention it felt somewhat out of place. Again, the problem was the lack of proper development of a background story between characters. How close were they and why should I care about their relationship, thus this guy’s confession and parting?

Yuu was mostly a background character during almost the whole episode, which was disappointing. He made a couple of remarks here and there, but that’s all. I think Yuu should’ve played a bigger role in this, along with Nao. He just stood there (and followed) as Nao did all the talking and thinking.

Jul 22, 2015 3:59 PM

I fucking hate the sister. ('A`)
The rest of the episode was... mediocre in my opinion.
Wonder if it'll improve at all.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.

Jul 22, 2015 4:04 PM

LOL Tomori getting pissed really escalated quickly.

4/5.

Jul 22, 2015 5:30 PM

C'mon Maeda, you can do better than this. Right?

Jul 22, 2015 6:11 PM

I'm fucking loving this but the producer definitely told the police about the powers, and I think that with a bit of investigation they could have found out that she's in that school, so what exactly stops them from storming in? Who the hell is this person that protects them?

Jul 22, 2015 11:45 PM

Nao can take a punch to the face, wife material right there.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Jul 23, 2015 12:28 AM

ouch,this episode is much awful than i thought well i'll not gonna watch this show even if someone forces me :|
The Game that i currently playing is Girls Frontline

Jul 23, 2015 12:28 PM

ebankz said:

mal hates anything made by key these days and p.a works shirobako was hated up until the last 4 eps went from 7.7 (people were just as vocal)to a 8 .4 overnight. lots of bandwagoning

Jul 23, 2015 1:08 PM

Yuu_vi_Britannia said:

Sala???

Hair looks a bit too short, but it could be because of the camera angle. It's likely that it's Sala.
Could it be that that is ZHIEND?

Jul 23, 2015 1:25 PM

davinci12 said:
mal hates anything made by key these days and p.a works shirobako was hated up until the last 4 eps went from 7.7 (people were just as vocal)to a 8 .4 overnight. lots of bandwagoning

My opinion is that, while, I can deny that P.A Works did a good job on this one as well as on Angel Beats, they don't work very well with Key. Key should've stayed with KyoAni.
Also, I don't think mal hates anything made by key, it's just the fact that Key set the bar high with it's previous work like Kannon and Clannad AS and now people expect to do something even better (myslef included). You could also count the fact that in the recent years there seems to be an overall drop in quality in anime industry and no, I'm not refering to animation and art but the other vital components.

Jul 23, 2015 1:52 PM

do_cephei said:
davinci12 said:

My opinion is that, while, I can deny that P.A Works did a good job on this one as well as on Angel Beats, they don't work very well with Key. Key should've stayed with KyoAni.
Also, I don't think mal hates anything made by key, it's just the fact that Key set the bar high with it's previous work like Kannon and Clannad AS and now people expect to do something even better (myslef included). You could also count the fact that in the recent years there seems to be an overall drop in quality in anime industry and no, I'm not refering to animation and art but the other vital components.

I really don't know what KyoAni has more than P.A. Works, but I actually think that KyoAni is totally not the right studio for Key. This studio focuses too much on fanservice moe/comedy and is clumsy when it gets to drama.

If P.A. Works had the chance for making an adaptation of Air and Clannad, then it would surely had a much better result than what we had with KyoAni.

Jul 23, 2015 2:11 PM

do_cephei said:
davinci12 said:

Also, I don't think mal hates anything made by key, it's just the fact that Key set the bar high with it's previous work like Kannon and Clannad AS and now people expect to do something even better (myslef included). You could also count the fact that in the recent years there seems to be an overall drop in quality
in anime industry and no, I'm not refering to animation and art but the other vital components.

you better take off your nostalgia glasses before you start sounding like a old man in his 80's.

Jul 23, 2015 3:18 PM
No idea why people dislike this series it's obvious which direction they are going. They are still in the introduction section of the story check back around episode 6.

Jul 24, 2015 12:16 AM

The new character is much more worse than the main one shh not gonna watch it
The Game that i currently playing is Girls Frontline

Jul 24, 2015 12:19 AM

Not bad. It definitely could have used an extra episode for proper build up though, it felt kind of rushed. But it was still enjoyable.

Jul 24, 2015 3:24 AM

Hahaha this is so damn bad. Repetitive jokes, shallow character, rushed pacing, bad executions, lots of things to complain!
The only good thing about this is the first half of the first episode and the visuals for the OP. That's it.

Also, am I supposed to feels in the last scene in this episode? ...or laughing to see how bad it was?
Dunno about dropping this, probably give at least 1 more episode...

My advice to P.A.Works: Probably better for all of you to make Shirobako S2 instead of this.

Jul 25, 2015 10:13 PM

lolz and feels 50:50

Jul 26, 2015 2:20 AM

Oh my fucking god that crying scene was so fucking cringe-worthy. I'm guessing it's going to become another melodramatic mediocrity that Key is known for? (haven't seen any of their shows as of yet, I'm talking from what I've seen and heard). Anyways the show is really tonally inconsistent and the humor is not funny at all. The characters are annoying as ever and I am still unable to take this show seriously. 2/5

Jul 26, 2015 4:57 AM

My problems with the episode:
- repeating glass-kun joke again, not actually funny this time around.
- Yuu is now basically "your typical Male MC"
- Yusa/Misa expected to be "your typical moe loli girl/ violent bitch" in the next episode (unless the producers have something up their sleeves, which I don't expect)
- that confession part was so forced and had no buildup lol
- (up until now,)you always have to open and end the episode with moe loli imouto so when she's gone (probably) you will feel sad about her.

other than that:
- confrontation with the manager was kinda cool

2.5/5
"Just because I’ve gotten weaker, it doesn’t mean that you got stronger, right?" - Accelerator

Jul 26, 2015 2:58 PM

Average episode. Pointless unless the new girl becomes a regular.

I don't follow the threads I post in. Message me if you want my attention.

Jul 27, 2015 8:55 AM

Not impressed. The story structure makes it look like nothing worthwhile will be happening in the first half of the show. I should just wait until it reaches episode 7 or 8 before I bother watching any more.

Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »