Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Jul 21, 2015 4:50 PM

Dec 2013
Woe new OP, I like it! Yukihira's Dad is so awesome and I like the way he looked pretty cool when he was younger. Looks like we get to see a rematch between father vs son next week.
Jul 21, 2015 7:36 PM

Sep 2012
One of the best show this season. Its satisfies me all the way!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 21, 2015 7:45 PM
Oct 2012
Ajunky said:
Ignorant maybe, but she couldn't tell he was arrogant at this point

No, he was obviously arrogant. That one should think of the customer occurs over and over again in this series. There has been at least 10 mentions so far.

Now, that said, Erina isn't blameless in this series. She has her own problems to deal with. But ultimately, if we consider the goal both Erina and Souma want to reach, Erina is still ahead. But the race certainly isn't over yet.

I know I am arguing this too much, but every time I watch or read something again to make my argument, I see a little bit more how good this writer is. A word here, a look there, a revelation later. This is why this show is so good.
Jul 22, 2015 6:43 AM

Jul 2015
Op and Ed...song and visuals fair but nt as good as the first 1's...story is smooth...flowing well...perfectly closing the old arc and neatly opening the next..ya so far I see the series to be alittle predictable..with yo obvious "coz you are the protagonist and coz you are part of the main cast you are automatically the winner"..that's not a bad thing..loving the series for what it is as it is..
Jul 22, 2015 8:40 AM

Nov 2009
Interesting episode.

Does this mean Erina has a crush on Souma's Dad?

Hmmm... Erina x Joichiro and be come Souma's mom would feel very awkward and weird...

Imagine Erina and Joichiro going at it and Souma on the side... my mind broke.

On other hand... Souma's girl related future is set, just mention he's Joichiro's son and girls will be all over him... LOL

Joichiro's look when he was younger was... well... with eyes that says "I don't give a damn, I'll just do what I like" LOL
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Jul 22, 2015 8:43 AM

Jun 2013
amlg said:
Interesting episode.

Does this mean Erina has a crush on Souma's Dad?

Hmmm... Erina x Joichiro and be come Souma's mom would feel very awkward and weird...

Imagine Erina and Joichiro going at it and Souma on the side... my mind broke.

On other hand... Souma's girl related future is set, just mention he's Joichiro's son and girls will be all over him... LOL

Joichiro's look when he was younger was... well... with eyes that says "I don't give a damn, I'll just do what I like" LOL

That's awkward but I'd say it is more for admiration than love.
Jul 22, 2015 2:35 PM

Aug 2008
ahaha wtf that ED. I had a feeling Souma's dad had something to do with the school though, so I guess that wasn't really surprising.
Jul 23, 2015 3:06 AM

May 2015
new OP was awesome, but ED.. like a drunken angel singing, nice too but lol
Jul 23, 2015 11:53 AM
Apr 2013
Bleh OP and ED.

Nice episode on top of that. I'm so late... I didn't even know this ep was out T__T lol And did they skip Karage arc? I hope so lol because it is boring af >.>
Jul 23, 2015 4:46 PM

Aug 2009
Chung2 said:

Jul 23, 2015 9:24 PM

Sep 2014
Lol am I the only one that actually likes this new ED?[/quote]

I only like the theme of it not the song, it is playing on the Nao Sadatsuka comedy. How she always watches Erina and makes smelly delicious food.
Jul 23, 2015 10:21 PM

Jan 2015
hyper00 said:
Lol am I the only one that actually likes this new ED?

I only like the theme of it not the song, it is playing on the Nao Sadatsuka comedy. How she always watches Erina and makes smelly delicious food.[/quote]
I think the problem is that the first ED was catchy and had a nice flow while this second one is funny but after the first watch it'll get old along with the song being meh.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Jul 23, 2015 10:23 PM
Apr 2013
Darkshadow77 said:
Chung2 said:

Fair enough.
Jul 24, 2015 5:46 AM

Jul 2008
Great episode, wonder when will they actually reveal these 2 things in the long run > Why Souma's father didn't graduate and when will Erina find out the truth about Souma's father? :D
Jul 24, 2015 6:29 AM

Nov 2011
ShanaFlame said:
Great episode, wonder when will they actually reveal these 2 things in the long run > Why Souma's father didn't graduate and when will Erina find out the truth about Souma's father? :D

Those seems like something that should get resolve near the end of the series.

Jul 25, 2015 8:38 AM

Oct 2008
New OP and ED!!!
I really wasn't surprised about all the reveal of Souma's dad being also a former student at tootsuki and Doujima Gin as rival/friend of Jouichirou.
It was fun again seeing how Erina is annoyed to Souma because both of them was left behind by the bus and them together in the car!
Erina is really looking-up to Souma's father so why all the hate to Souma??
Hinako is adorable once again in this episode!
Even Souma, knowing all that revelations his father revealed, it's hard for him to take this all in!
Even Yukihiras' have a knack for disgusting foods!
still impossible for Souma to win even the slightest chance against his father.
5/5!

Jul 26, 2015 4:56 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
This anime can't fool me anymore; this is Naruto with boobs, ass, and food!

Anyway, I'm going to miss the first ED, but I do ship Erina and Hisako, so it's all good.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Jul 27, 2015 4:04 AM

Apr 2014
new op and ed hm...
woah so erina knew souma's dad when she was little
gonna be a big shock when she finds out :D
Jul 27, 2015 4:04 AM

Apr 2014
kuuurt said:
Jouichirou makes everyone wet.
Jul 27, 2015 3:14 PM

Jul 2013
Simply amazing! Awesome backstory. Oh yeah, the he Harissa part surprised me, never thought of seeing some familiar food in the series lol! Pretty cool.
Isshiki's scenes are hilarious.

soulless4now said:
lol The girls were getting thirsty thinking of how Soma will be in the future.

That scene was nice lol
I'm gonna miss the Spice ENDING though...
Aug 1, 2015 12:15 PM

Jan 2014
Ooooooh things are getting spicy, I like it :p

New op song seems good but that ed... It hurts my ears... ;_; and why did they make it so creepy lmao apparently there's a peeping Tom following Erina around xD
Aug 2, 2015 10:43 PM

Feb 2010
The previous OP & ED were better but I'm kinda liking the new ED weird.... XD
Aug 19, 2015 8:57 AM
Mar 2015
[quote=Voltning]Nice new op!! But I don't like the ED at all... The music is nice but the singer is terrible... Sorry...
Aug 25, 2015 7:45 PM

Mar 2012
Souma and his father act like piece of shit dishes are brilliant, fucking hilarious! ahahah

"Father, this one really is bad! Hughughug"
"RIGHT?! It's in my top 10 worst list" *acting proud*
Aug 27, 2015 4:25 PM

Dec 2009
That OP is my jams
Aug 29, 2015 11:19 AM

Jun 2015
Souma was shocked more than the others by the truth of his father. This is very interesting, and so funny too
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Aug 30, 2015 10:34 PM

Jul 2012
OP animation seemed a bit lazy, but the song isn't bad. I want the old ED back though :( I really liked the new frame they used for each episode in the Spice ED.

Big reveal about Souma's dad this episode. I loved the father-son moment they had on the steps. And Erina has a crush on Souma's dad. That's pretty funny 😂 All the other girls are hoping that Souma ends up like his dad too. Looks like he's building his own harem lmao.

Oh yeah, I freakin' love Souma's heraheraheraheraheraheraherahera
AndoAug 30, 2015 10:38 PM
Sep 4, 2015 4:23 AM

Apr 2015
Really loved the arabian foodgasm, one of the best in this series
Bruh check out my soundcloud
https://soundcloud.com/wal-skynner

" Becoming an adult means hating milk chocolate and loving brocolis. "

~ Wal Skynner
Sep 12, 2015 9:16 AM

Nov 2011
Wow! I abandoned this series long ago, but not take it was so difficult as I imagined. Perhaps to be about the narrative that remains fabulously interesting about this episode; very interesting thanks to the flood of arguments for and narrated the many plot twists, too. Always funny gags, sin only for the opening and ending that, like its predecessors, "disclose" too many details.

Arabiannn... ! ROTFL
Sep 15, 2015 7:37 AM

Jan 2013
OP1>OP2.
So Souma's Dad is back and from what we see Souma is Erina's brother? O.o whaaaaaaat?But still we don't have any details but it would be fun to see them as a family ahaha
Souma's dad is a boss!
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Sep 20, 2015 11:31 AM

May 2014
This show knows how to create a great atmosphere. And even the flow of events is so well done.

babymimi said:
Draknalor said:
I seriously Can't wait for the moment Erina Finds out that he is his dad xD Will be such a funny moment
^ hype
Oct 4, 2015 11:51 PM

Jul 2015
I love the New OP theme song! It's on fire and I like new ED song too
This episode is cool ☆☆☆☆
Oct 7, 2015 10:35 AM

May 2012
Great to see his dad again and well it's quite a "coincidence" that they shared so much :p But well that makes it special and I like it that way!

The new OP and ED are also okay but I prefered the first one. Let's see what's next though.
Oct 7, 2015 8:41 PM

Jul 2013
The reveal about Souma's dad wasn't so surprising.Based on Souma's skills as a chef,it was clear his father was a really awesome chef.I do wonder why he is ''nomadic'' and why he didn't graduate though.I also wonder if Joichiro might be participating in the Autumn elections.
Poor Nakiri, she seems to despise Souma yet adores his father.I can't wait for her to make the connection between the two.
Lol at the Yukihira family and their tendency to experiment and come up with bad tasting dishes.
This new op was okay but the ed,not so much. I really preferred the previous ed
Oct 8, 2015 5:44 AM

Jul 2008
Who is Sacchan though?
Oct 8, 2015 6:28 PM

Jul 2013
Interesting. We heard a lot of Soumas father, seems like he was and is a really famous chef. Funny how much things are common between Souma and his father.

I don't know what the picture means with Soumas father and Erina. And what are these weird pictures in the ending song?

So shit got real, this will be a "hot" duel. :D

PS: OP is so good love it!

Oct 11, 2015 8:25 AM

Aug 2014
New OP ;) I think the song of first OP was better but second OP video is better. It is like some intro of game ;d I like it.

There is also new enemy for Souma! And they revealed some past! It's great!
It is funny that Gin and Souma father runned around with knives :D

but the ED song.... omg that singer is so bad... and the video is strange... who is that red eyes perv guy who stalks Erina?
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Oct 19, 2015 7:59 PM

Jul 2012
I don't like the new OP/ED... The ED's singer.. omg.. pls why

This was an interesting episode, but slow.
Nov 6, 2015 7:30 AM
May 2012
babymimi said:
I'm surprised Souma didn't know much about his father. I can't wait for the cooking contest, that dish in the preview looked great.

Draknalor said:
I seriously Can't wait for the moment Erina Finds out that he is his dad xD Will be such a funny moment

^ hype

So much hype. I like things like that.
New opening and ending song~ The ending song, though.
Nov 8, 2015 6:46 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Funny how the girls turned to see Souma and thought if he would grow up to be as manly as his father. xD

Erina knows Yukihira's father. Interesting.

Dec 2, 2015 5:17 PM

Dec 2013
That ending though... xd
Dec 21, 2015 2:13 PM

Sep 2014
wtf? the changed that amazing ED fawkk
Dec 24, 2015 9:03 PM

Jun 2009
Jan 9, 2016 12:32 PM

Jun 2010
The new OP is good. Didn't like the first one.
I find it boring and bit annoying that Shoma's father was at that school and also one of the elite.
I think it was more interesting if he'd be in his own restaurant and not one of the greatest cooks. It makes Shoma look even more boring.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 13, 2016 5:28 AM

Sep 2014
Erina and Souma on the same car was funny. Wonder how she'll react when she finds out Souma is her idol's son ^^

The girls foodgasm from Joichiro's food ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
The girls fanboying over his dad and thinking about future Souma xD
Souma's dad such a badass, looking forward to the challenge!

New opening was friggin' epic! Feels more like a shounen than a cooking anime ^^
Can't say the same for the ending though, liked the previous one better .-.
Great episode overall!
nerfxJan 13, 2016 5:36 AM
Jan 24, 2016 9:30 PM

Nov 2011
This was an awesome episode. I was already very fond of Souma's dad in the first episode, so having him come back to take a bigger role gets a big yes from me. I figured that he was famous, but I think I underestimated just how famous he was. Would it be appropriate to assume he's the second greatest that Totsuki has produced, I wonder? Regardless, I'm assuming he's here for that Autumn Festival.

I really appreciated the scenes where they related Joichiro's younger days, as well as the fact that Souma happens to be in his father's old room. Close father/son relationships aren't something you see very often in anime, so taking a little time to develop that was nice. I think it's quite clear that Joichiro is trying his best to turn Souma into a great chef. It's probably for the best that Souma didn't have this weight on his shoulders until now; it could've prevented cooking from being fun to Souma.

I wonder if his mom will ever be touched on. Hmm. Now that I think about it, didn't his dad say that the best motivator to become a great chef is having a woman to devote your food to? It would be interesting if that came up again at some point.

Also, while the idea of Erina discovering that the supposed "commoner" Souma is actually the son of her idol, the illustrious Saiba Joichiro, tickles me, I'm still not sure if I want it found out when you consider her relationship with Souma. Even though it's not something Souma can control, I feel like having a familial relation to someone she idolizes would be almost like cheating to get her respect. I want to see Souma earn it; I want to see him produce dishes that would make even her acknowledge him. So... eh. We'll see, I guess.

Oh, and as for the new OP/ED, I think the new OP is roughly equally good in comparison to the old one even though I like the first slightly more, but the old ED is way better than the new one imo. The song was so catchy, and the table scene at the end was fun to watch. Neither the song or scenes are as engaging with the new ED.

All in all, this was one of my favorite episodes.
TripleSRankApr 6, 2016 2:58 PM
Feb 6, 2016 11:54 PM

Oct 2014
Dojima and Joichiro are great characters, really liked this episode and what it revealed
Feb 15, 2016 9:40 AM
Aug 2015
I'm looking forward to seeing Erina's face of her reaction when she finds out who Soma's dad is and that it is someone she is very fond of. To say the least, shits going down.

Also like that they changed the opening and ending songs and stuff, but I will miss the old ones.
Feb 21, 2016 4:40 AM

Apr 2015
Erina blushing is just too cute.

Quite a twist tbh I didn't expect the dad to be such a good chef. He kinda looked cool with his hair while cooking =P. Was nice to see some history between gin and him.
Furthermore, Dad VS Son damn!
Apr 5, 2016 11:49 PM
Mar 2016
i guess i'm one of the minority who actually liked the new ED more. First ED was great too of course, i dont get why so many people didnt like it. i think its a really good song and good singer too
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2015

330 by Phaeton777 »»
Apr 17, 12:59 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2015

636 by o_ob6o_o »»
Apr 11, 7:41 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2015

221 by Emejotis »»
Apr 4, 8:59 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2015

186 by Duany »»
Mar 9, 1:59 PM

Poll: » Favorite op?

infinite_Shadows - Dec 31, 2023

13 by Arrow02 »»
Jan 2, 7:00 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.