Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 16, 2015 9:32 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Welp, so that guy with the weird paper bag shows up this episode. For a phantom thief, he looks quite shady for a character.

We get some nice background story building this episode though. Found that kinda interesting. And as usual, the series is still concealing identity with the use of the silhouettes shadows. That past isn't exactly pleasant either.

Overall interesting episode imo.

Also holy crap..Kobayashi seriously looks like a trap this episode in that outfit. Makes sense if he wanted to be a bait lol

Stark700Jul 16, 2015 11:19 AM
Jul 16, 2015 9:40 AM

Mar 2014
We get to see his feminine side this time.
He is androgynous. Someone who has physical characteristics of both sexes.

DesuTronicJul 16, 2015 10:43 AM
Jul 16, 2015 9:44 AM
Oct 2012
Wouldn't call it a good episode, a bit too melodramatic for my tastes. Nice to see Akechi dealing some justice.

The fun thing of course was Kobayashi's ease at pretending to be a female. The dressing room scene line: "I am not asking you to do anything to them, just hold them." And then not changing back. Such a fun troll character, he honestly doesn't care.
Jul 16, 2015 10:56 AM

Jul 2015
[quote=DesuTronic]We get to see his feminine side this time.
He is androgynous. Someone who has physical characteristics of both sexes.

I believe those are called hermaphrodytes
Jul 16, 2015 11:07 AM

May 2014
Kobayashi...Kobayashi...you just don't when to stop with the traps huh.....

Anyway, i like this episode more than the last one. This one felt more...interesting compared to last week's anti-climatic episode. And damn....crushed and cemented...talk about brutality.

Overall, a decent episode.
Jul 16, 2015 11:08 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
That is just fucked up, pure disgust for the man who did this crime. Poor girls.

Shadow Man is an interesting one.
Jul 16, 2015 11:10 AM

Jan 2008
Jul 16, 2015 11:22 AM

Jul 2015

LMFAO AT THAT LINE

This show is actually starting to impress me, really enjoyable ep. Great humor and great MC
Jul 16, 2015 11:24 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Hashiba's crush on Kobayashi deepened even more after seeing him in girl's clothes. That armpit shot though..

I'm sure he'd buy off a photocopy of this in a heartbeat and make a poster out of it to hang it up in his bedroom.

Anyways, another disturbing case and this time involving little girls. Cringed so much when that fat fuck described what he did to them when they refused to be his daughters. Wished Akechi or Kagami had a Dominator or something.. Seeing him getting beat up was not satisfying enough. >.<

Above average episode. Shadow-Man was an intriguing character, but he probably won't show up ever again.

Jul 16, 2015 11:29 AM

Jul 2015
Vindstot said:
Above average episode. Shadow-Man was an intriguing character, but he probably won't show up ever again.

Hmmm, I did notice him in the intro.

He would be useful for future investigations or something like that
Jul 16, 2015 11:36 AM
Oct 2012
Kyoukek said:
Vindstot said:

Hmmm, I did notice him in the intro.

He would be useful for future investigations or something like that

He'll be back. As Akechi pointed out, he was used by Shadow Man, so they have an ongoing antagonistic relationship. Plus the police said they had to investigate him more. Both foreshadowing he will make a re-appearance.
Jul 16, 2015 11:37 AM

Jul 2007
Nice to see another decently known Edogawa Ranpo character appear in the show. It seems the show is using the more western method of episodic cases with inter-woven story arcs being developed during them(same way Sherlock does it).

I guess the skull person will be equivalent of a nemesis, a sort of a Moriarty so to say.

Akechi going hand to hand against the murderer was also a nice reference to Sherlock Holmes boxing skills
Jul 16, 2015 11:39 AM
Jul 2012
Kobayashi aside, I was feeling pure anger throughout this episode. All that backstory about Sachiko dropped on us, and she is dead - crushed to death and mixed with concrete. This is why law isn't always fair. That fatty should be killed the same way, but more slowly.

Imagine yourself being cut one piece at a time, and then have your arms/legs ripped off. Next, you get thrown into the concrete mixer while being alive. God. I don't want to imagine that in real life.
Jul 16, 2015 11:49 AM
Oct 2012
Samhiuy said:
This is why law isn't always fair. That fatty

Was arrested before for child molestation and was released due to a psychiatric evaluation.

Think about that a bit more, and I think your rage will increase. None of those psychiatrists will even care about their decision to release him, let alone pay any price.

That was why he said to the police "you are trying to break up my family again", he was talking about the first case. This is also why he killed those girls who didn't want to be his daughter (the previous girl probably had escaped to the police).

This show certainly doesn't pull any punches.
Jul 16, 2015 11:50 AM

Jul 2014
Other than Kobayashi, who is really bringing this whole show down, this episode was far bette than last week's. The case itself wasn't necessarily more compelling and interesting on its own, but it caught me by surprise and was very fucked up. The Shadow Man is also an interesting character, one who I hope we see again somewhere down the line.

I wonder what was with that skull after the credits. I know that it was on that site Akechi was looking at right near the end, so I'm sure it'll be significant in some way or another.
Jul 16, 2015 11:52 AM

Apr 2013
What the fuck happened to "show, don't tell"? What's going on? Why are scenes being emitted and characters we've never met before are just now being introduced as the perpetrator? Why are things being explained to us instead of being shown from the start? I thought this was a "mystery" in which the viewer can piece things together to try and solve it for themselves as well?

Shadow-Man best character. Why can't the show star him instead?
Jul 16, 2015 12:04 PM

Jul 2012
Akechi didn't appear much this episode, but the episode was okay.

I want to know more about that skull at the end.
Jul 16, 2015 12:05 PM
Jul 2018
An improvement,I would say.
Jul 16, 2015 12:07 PM

Mar 2015
Better than the previous episodes. Pretty unpleasant, though. Shadow man - I'm gonna miss this guy.
Jul 16, 2015 12:09 PM

Jan 2014
So, is the class rep gay or voluntarily stepping into a trap?
Jul 16, 2015 12:10 PM

Aug 2010
Man I just love the way Kobayashi catches on quickly. His cuteness in the one piece was illegal OTL

What that Watanuki bastard did to Sachiko and the other girls was messed up. Poor Sachiko :( Poor Shadow man. He couldn't keep his promise D: She was such a nice girl too ;_;

Hope to see more of Shadow man. He's a nice character who agrees that lolis are justice!
Jul 16, 2015 12:15 PM

Jun 2014
This was an improvement over last episode. That Watanuki freak is how I imagine all real-life lolicons look. Hopefully shadow man shows up again, he seems interesting. And I'm also interested in that skull's significance.

Also, Kobayashi's friend is really starting to piss me off
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jul 16, 2015 12:16 PM
Nov 2010
I wish Habshiba would calm down a bit his thirst for kobayashi is just kind of annoying. He's way too overprotective and overreacts at every little thing he does. I wish he'd just let kobayashi be himself.
Jul 16, 2015 12:19 PM

Jul 2011
ok, kobayashi confirmed to be what he is just to mess up with people, last scene makes it obvious.

also nope, he's not androgynous, he's a frikkin hermaphrodyte in this case, and considering shadowman's powers, i wouldn't be surprised if he actually he's a double-sex person... i mean, in real life exists a guyy with two dicks, why wouldn't a guy have both things in an anime based off of an author who loved messing with people psychologically in his "for all" books and phisycally with his r18 books?

also getting quite annoyed by the people misusing the term loli/lolicon here, considering lolis are over 12 years old, and those definitely didn't have more than 12 years old, at least compared to kobayashi.
Jul 16, 2015 12:20 PM
Oct 2012
ThiagoBlackhood said:
Does anyone know what was that site's title? It could have some meaning for the series' future. I'm sure it starts with "Twenty" but I don't know what the rest means.

二十面相 - Twenty Faces: it references the most famous Edogawa Akechi story:

So that is why we will see more of Shadow Man.
Jul 16, 2015 12:20 PM

Feb 2015

Hashiba sure blushes a lot when it comes to Kobayashi.
Not surprised with the cross-dressing. I was expecting it after AssClass.

Really sad what happened to those girls.
And Sachiko too after Shadow Man went through a lot to make her happy.

The biggest mystery in this show is whether Kobayashi is really male or female.
I mean, look at those hips.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 16, 2015 12:23 PM

Feb 2014
sad episode
Jul 16, 2015 12:29 PM
Oct 2012
SchwingBoner said:
Not surprised with the cross-dressing. I was expecting it after AssClass.

This predates it by, oh about 75 years :-)

This is why people can't claim this is derivative of the recent trend, it is from the originator of the trend.
Jul 16, 2015 12:34 PM

Jul 2007
Cross dressing is not surprising since Kobayashi had to do stuff like that in source material too.
Jul 16, 2015 12:40 PM

Feb 2015
I don't think my dick can handle anymore of Kobayashi in a dress. I liked this episode. 'Was the victim turned into a desk or something this time?' Lol.
Jul 16, 2015 12:54 PM

Jan 2014
Sashiko fate made me wanna cry so much omg, this anime deserves a higher score
MadLaneJul 16, 2015 12:57 PM
Jul 16, 2015 12:58 PM

Nov 2014
Panaru said:
...I want to fucking murder that bastard with my bare hands.

I feel the same exact way. Shadow Man is a hero, hopefully he won't turn into a killing machine and end up in jail (or even dead) But I feel for him, when you see a character that does so much good, and feels genuinely happy for others, you have to feel for him. After all he went through he is definitely destroyed, this episode was great, but I would have liked a different outcome.
Jul 16, 2015 1:04 PM
Apr 2015
DejWo said:

yes very much so, more interesting climax slight nice comedy thrown with a little feels in there and the ED and OP makes the show much more worth while plus koybashi in full blown trap form was quite enjoyable
Jul 16, 2015 1:08 PM

Jul 2011
PNDRetro said:
DejWo said:

yes very much so, more interesting climax slight nice comedy thrown with a little feels in there and the ED and OP makes the show much more worth while

really? i honestly thought it was much more generic than ever... it felt like they were joking with us: cross-dressing kobayashi, giving us an already-solved case, and all that stuff... honestly, the only 2 things interesting in this one were shadow man and akechi's jokes/actions, everything elsee reeked of mainstream, i thought this was supposed to be something original, with niche humor and able to messs us up with corrupted minds(as much as the killer was psychopatic, he still was a very generic character already visited a lot by other medias)
Jul 16, 2015 1:09 PM

May 2015
At first I disliked how all the characters were blurred out before introduction. But now I understand, it's so you focus more on the characters right in front of you. Really interesting but still kinda annoying..

Anyway for this episode, actually pretty good. I want to see Kobayashi in a dress more often. Also the sexual tension between him and Hashiba is already killing me. xD
Jul 16, 2015 1:13 PM

Nov 2011
kataklism said:
PNDRetro said:

yes very much so, more interesting climax slight nice comedy thrown with a little feels in there and the ED and OP makes the show much more worth while

really? i honestly thought it was much more generic than ever... it felt like they were joking with us: cross-dressing kobayashi, giving us an already-solved case, and all that stuff... honestly, the only 2 things interesting in this one were shadow man and akechi's jokes/actions, everything elsee reeked of mainstream, i thought this was supposed to be something original, with niche humor and able to messs us up with corrupted minds(as much as the killer was psychopatic, he still was a very generic character already visited a lot by other medias)

You expected something orginal? From something based on a '30s novels?

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
Jul 16, 2015 1:17 PM
Apr 2015
kataklism said:
PNDRetro said:

true but this episode was still a lot more satisfying then the previous two the first two in my opinion felt like something was missing it felt like they were just giving us something for the purpose of giving it to us by it seemed like a little more effort was put into this episode
Jul 16, 2015 1:24 PM

Jul 2014
Akechi's sudden interest in Kagami's phone calls, made me wonder if it's really his sister who is always calling him.

Shadow-Man was... an intriguing character. Another kind of psycho. I like him. Being able to disguise himself in practically anyone... that's an useful ability. Considering that he's in the OP, I hope we'll see more of him.

Didn't like the kidnaper/killer this time. Too common. Too obviously insane.

Please help. Can someone read and translate for me this sequence from the ED? (They were changing so fast, I hope I haven't missed one)
Jul 16, 2015 1:25 PM

May 2012
Wait a second, let me get this right.

Nine girls were kidnapped and all of them frequented a manga cafe, in fact they were kidnapped in the cafe (I'm assuming, since Kobayashi refers to them as "They" as if the staff are in on it) . Yet despite this the police saw nothing shady about a bunch of girls mysteriously disappearing all in the exact same place instead of keeping it under watch 24/7 for any mysterious fat asses.
Jul 16, 2015 1:26 PM

Jun 2013
The BL FEELS INTENSIFIES by ×10000000.
Hashiba wants to be really close to Kobayashi, in more ways than one. ;')

Another thing I kind of might have looked deeper into was when Creeper-Kun (AKA Shadow Man) had his spewl towards the fat guy, and specifically mentioned that all girls should find happiness, it gave me the thought that Creeper represents people trying to FIGHT against women being mistreated because a man is supposedly allowed to mistreat them and/or because women are not allowed to/cannot fight back (fatty in this case). This can also be attributed to how the place the girls were being kept in reminded me of a jail cell, a bit.

Maybe I am overthinking things. But it's my three pennies worth.
"Masturbation."

---The End.
Jul 16, 2015 1:30 PM

Jan 2014
What that guy did to Sashiko is so unforgivable wish he just die.

They censored Kobayashi when he is changing is that hinting he/she is a girl????
Jul 16, 2015 1:34 PM

Feb 2014
The level of lolicon in this episode is too damn high for me to handle.

And Kobayashi is a cutie in that outfit.
Jul 16, 2015 1:37 PM
Jul 2018
Kobayashi looks so much like a trap in that girl's outfit.

I felt bad for the five girls that are dead!
Jul 16, 2015 1:42 PM
Apr 2015
Good episode, really dark ending!
Jul 16, 2015 1:55 PM

Jul 2007
s_relva said:
Wait a second, let me get this right.

Nine girls were kidnapped and all of them frequented a manga cafe, in fact they were kidnapped in the cafe (I'm assuming, since Kobayashi refers to them as "They" as if the staff are in on it) . Yet despite this the police saw nothing shady about a bunch of girls mysteriously disappearing all in the exact same place instead of keeping it under watch 24/7 for any mysterious fat asses.

As said in the end, it is not even the first the the fatso gets jailed for this. The system is simply flawed in that aspect.
Jul 16, 2015 1:58 PM

Jul 2011
rederoin said:
kataklism said:

You expected something orginal? From something based on a '30s novels?

first 2 episodes were, can't see why they couldn't do it for the third as well.
Jul 16, 2015 2:02 PM

Sep 2013
This is by far the wort show this season im sorry but it is. There are no words to describe the level of pain i get when watching this show. Im not even sure what rating i should give this show its just horrible. Im sorry if offended anyone but this is my opinion.
Jul 16, 2015 2:05 PM

Jul 2011
tomi02 said:
This is by far the wort show this season im sorry but it is. There are no words to describe the level of pain i get when watching this show. Im not even sure what rating i should give this show its just horrible. Im sorry if offended anyone but this is my opinion.

can't be worse than chaos dragoon and god eater anyway.
Jul 16, 2015 2:08 PM

Dec 2014
Shadow-man is a hero.
Jul 16, 2015 2:13 PM

Jul 2014
That was brutal, what happened to tht girl. Tht Kidnapper needs to be crushed .

Good episode but i think the character development and the story is getting rushed, especially the villains actions. Second episode in a row, the villain is someone who just shows up
Shirayuki= Most Perfect Female MC ever
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ranpo Kitan: Game of Laplace Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2015

146 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 4, 2023 11:47 AM

Poll: » Ranpo Kitan: Game of Laplace Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 3, 2015

70 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 4, 2023 10:45 AM

Poll: » Ranpo Kitan: Game of Laplace Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Takuan_Soho - Jul 30, 2015

235 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 4, 2023 8:35 AM

Poll: » Ranpo Kitan: Game of Laplace Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 23, 2015

137 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 4, 2023 8:06 AM

Poll: » Ranpo Kitan: Game of Laplace Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 9, 2015

326 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 4, 2023 6:25 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.