Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 16, 2015 1:33 AM

Jun 2013
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Oh man Sinbad being Sinbad what a guy man what a guy. Looks like things are about to get serious, I honestly dont think Kouen's group has anything on the seven seas

I can't believe Hakuei switched sides, damn but then again she didnt know that Hakuryuu already had his mind set on killing her if she got in the way or something? I can't remember all those chapters back
Jul 17, 2015 3:52 AM

Jul 2014
OHMYGAWD

I feel really bad for Hakuei, Koumei (because he's really in the deepest depth of the deepest shit) and even Hakuryuu right now... x_o

Well, next chapter we'll get some Alibaba x Judar action :D
Jul 18, 2015 1:30 PM

Sep 2010
Glad that Hakuei is on Hakuryuu's side cause I mean that is her last surviving close family member even if she isn't happy about betraying Kouen and Koumei. It seems that Hakuryuu as well can't take a nation back on his own either without outside help.

Too bad Magi is on break next week and on such a cliffhanger too. Translations are not out yet so I'm guessing chapter 275 is going to shift back to Judal and Alibaba's space adventure for a couple weeks?
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Jul 19, 2015 1:56 PM

Dec 2013
I really don't know where the heck the story is going. Ever since Gyokuen died, it seems like the story has been lacking a worthy antagonist. I mean Sinbad and the alliance are so stupidly numerous and powerful that no one stacks up. We also haven't seen anyone die like the author said we would. I'm kind of hoping Kouen has a plan to take care of Sinbad. It'd be nice to see the alliance get their asses kicked for once. Also screw Hakuei. Freaking traitor.
Jul 19, 2015 10:03 PM

Sep 2010
LordAura said:
I really don't know where the heck the story is going. Ever since Gyokuen died, it seems like the story has been lacking a worthy antagonist. I mean Sinbad and the alliance are so stupidly numerous and powerful that no one stacks up. We also haven't seen anyone die like the author said we would. I'm kind of hoping Kouen has a plan to take care of Sinbad. It'd be nice to see the alliance get their asses kicked for once. Also screw Hakuei. Freaking traitor.

I bet there will be deaths this arc we just building up to it. Also this manga is far from over so there might even be more.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Jul 20, 2015 2:04 AM

Dec 2013
Roloko said:
LordAura said:

I bet there will be deaths this arc we just building up to it. Also this manga is far from over so there might even be more.

As morbid as it is, I hope so. Either all the Kou siblings fight until they all bite it or Seven Seas loses some people. When nameless mooks is all that die this really isn't all that fun of a war lol.
Jul 20, 2015 6:07 AM
Jul 2018
That sly bastard :D
Jul 20, 2015 6:14 AM
Jul 2018
Rip Kou Empire. Sinbad is one sly but awesome man.
Jul 20, 2015 8:03 AM

Feb 2011
Good Guy Sinbad
Jul 20, 2015 9:20 AM

Apr 2013
Oh man shits getting real now lol.

D Grayman is back and now this is happening in Magi? What a good month for manga.
Jul 20, 2015 9:32 AM
Anime Moderator
᠎ Master Öqvily᠎

Aug 2014
To be honest I couldn't care less about Alibaba. I think it would have been much better if he stayed dead.

Forum set made by my
secret santa, Nate!
Jul 20, 2015 9:54 AM

Feb 2012
Damn Sinbad coming in with all that army, its GG for Kou.

I'm glad Hakuryuu calmed down and accepted Sinbad's invite into alliance.

Lets see how will things play out now.
Jul 20, 2015 10:15 AM

Aug 2014
Jicetus said:
To be honest I couldn't care less about Alibaba. I think it would have been much better if he stayed dead.

Savage...but i totally agree with you xD

I want to see Sinbad vs Kouen soon.
Jul 20, 2015 10:28 AM

Jan 2008
So in the end Koumei's naivete actually lost them the fight xD
Like seriously your goal is to kill Hakuryuu the only family Hakuei has left and then you don't expect that she might pull something?
Especially after finding out that your own mother killed your father and 2 brothers... (at the least i think she knows that^^)
The most expected thing would be that she decides to help her only Brother.

I like how Sinbad played this and Hakuryuu's decision to get help.
Jul 20, 2015 10:49 AM

Apr 2015
Alibanana will be back in action next week!
Jul 20, 2015 11:11 AM

Nov 2012
Sinbad allied with Hakuryuu meh...
Jul 20, 2015 11:45 AM

May 2014
Amazing chapter.

I have no idea how this'll go now XD

Jul 20, 2015 12:13 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Just me or is this entire turn of events a blatant copy pasta of the beginning of Kingdom's Coalition War arc?
Jul 20, 2015 12:32 PM
Sep 2014
You know what? I am actually starting to beliece that Sindbad would be main villain in all this. Also Hakuei let me down, really it's like situation with Sasuke/Obito in Naruto: Kouen doesn't deserve to be betrayed and Hakuryuu DOES NOT deserve to betray Kouen for. Just kill the little idiot already! Shame on you Hakuei, shame on you!

All in all this is getting more interesting, maybe return of Judar&Alibaba will change things beacuse honestly I REALLY don't like where is the situation of Kouen & co going...
Jul 20, 2015 6:46 PM

Mar 2015
Sinbad that cunning bastard.
Great chapter,do I see a foreshadowing for Hakuryuu vs Sinbad?Yes,I think I do.
This arc will have a lot of death,as it was foreshadowed.Can't wait.
Jul 20, 2015 6:49 PM

Apr 2011
Sinbad is the main bad guy!

274:
I hope Sinbad hook up with Hakuei, furthermore building a close relationship between him and Hakuryuu.

Is Hakuryuu gonna kill his sister still, or its off?
Jul 20, 2015 8:09 PM

Jul 2009
so sinbad is going to be the ruler of the world? lol
Jul 20, 2015 9:11 PM

Sep 2010
LordAura said:
Roloko said:

As morbid as it is, I hope so. Either all the Kou siblings fight until they all bite it or Seven Seas loses some people. When nameless mooks is all that die this really isn't all that fun of a war lol.

I always sensed that Kouha would to be the one to die so out of all the Kou siblings he will be most likely. I doubt Ohtaka would kill them all off Kougyoku will most likely live and maybe Koumei. Hakuei will probably live and Hakuryuu is about 50/50 cause remember what Alibaba said? He said he wasn't going to let another one of his friends die like Kassim so its pretty much hinting Hakuryuu might live.
Jul 20, 2015 10:12 PM

Oct 2008
I love the twists in this manga !!! can't see where is this going !!!
Jul 20, 2015 11:35 PM

Aug 2013
Even though I feel for Hakuei and see her reasons for betraying her people she better hope they win this civil war now because if she doesn't I can see her being tried as a traitor and being killed. Which honestly, if we are being realistic here is what she deserves no matter what the reason at the end of the day she is a traitor. Also I haven't ever liked Sinbad ever since we were first introduced to his character so I just can't take his side on this and hoping that he will lose and maybe my boi alibaba will come save the day.
Jul 20, 2015 11:50 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Finally the Kou empire will get a nice bloody nose. I don't know why so many dislike Sinbad here. He's not the one invading country after country. I for one I'm happy he's helping Hakuryuu ( even though I'm not too crazy about him after what he did to Alibaba) like he said he would back in the day.
FarabeufJul 20, 2015 11:55 PM
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jul 21, 2015 2:35 AM
Jul 2015
Farabeuf said:
Finally the Kou empire will get a nice bloody nose. I don't know why so many dislike Sinbad here. He's not the one invading country after country. I for one I'm happy he's helping Hakuryuu ( even though I'm not too crazy about him after what he did to Alibaba) like he said he would back in the day.

Exactly. Kou is invading and implementing their slavery system like shown in Balbad. They deserve to be wiped out.

Of course nee-chan will side with her bro. Those idiots governing Kou deserve to be fucked up if they couldn't understand this simply human emotion.

Long live Hakuei! And fuck her haters!
Long live Sindbad! Let him bath in the blood of Kou losers!

King Yamato and his kunoichi are my new favourite characters.
Jul 21, 2015 2:48 AM

Dec 2013
Farabeuf said:

I don't dislike Sinbad, but I do dislike that he showed up here because he's ridiculously powerful and it kills any tension when he shows up. Also say what you will about Kouen's methods, but at least he didn't put brain spores in his soldiers and force them to follow him. Fact of the matter is aside from the handful of supporters he has, Hakuyruu is forcibly leading a country that doesn't want him in power. Sinbad siding with him shows he doesn't give a shit about the Kou Empire. I mean what is Hakuyruu going to do after all this? Put spores in the rest of the country's people or just purge them until they submit.
Jul 21, 2015 4:00 AM

Oct 2014
Honestly, I no longer have an ounce of respect for Hakuryuu. His whole "one man against the world" schtick was his last last redeeming quality, but like all of his ideals, even that one is hypocritical. Hakuryuu really is just Sinbad's little bitch at this point. It does seem like Aladdin might finally get some much needed character development, though we'll have to wait on that. I'm still upset that Kouha is the one who's going to get axed off. Couldn't it have been Koumei, the one brother who has no personality? Anyway, fuck yeah for Alibaba and Judal are returning! My two favorite characters of this series.
What Kabaneri Did Wrong:
- Edgelord protagonist
- Special snowflake girlfriend
- Giving humans powers
- Failing to create a unique/memorable setting

What Kabaneri Did Right:
Jul 21, 2015 10:30 AM

Aug 2013
Been a while since I got so hyped for something.

Magi has been awesome lately,but with the upcoming events it might be even better!

Also,guess I'm the only one who roots for Sinbad's group, I dislike all the Kou generals,other than Kougyoku.
Jul 21, 2015 11:01 AM

Jul 2014
Another splendid chapter !!

It seems the MC's in this manga has changed. I don't see Alibaba, Aladdin & Morgiana anymore.
Jul 21, 2015 11:44 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
LordAura said:
Farabeuf said:

I don't dislike Sinbad, but I do dislike that he showed up here because he's ridiculously powerful and it kills any tension when he shows up. Also say what you will about Kouen's methods, but at least he didn't put brain spores in his soldiers and force them to follow him. Fact of the matter is aside from the handful of supporters he has, Hakuyruu is forcibly leading a country that doesn't want him in power. Sinbad siding with him shows he doesn't give a shit about the Kou Empire. I mean what is Hakuyruu going to do after all this? Put spores in the rest of the country's people or just purge them until they submit.

I agree about Hakuryuu. I don't have much sympathy for him. I'm just saying I don't think the Kou empire as a whole deserves much sympathy from us readers. I still don't know what makes Sindbad tick so I reserve judgment on him at this point.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jul 21, 2015 8:16 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Gonna enjoy watching Best Boy Sinbad make all of the Kouen fanboys and girls cry :)
Jul 22, 2015 2:23 AM

Mar 2015
That's ma man Sinbad right there
Jul 29, 2015 8:33 PM

Aug 2012
Man, this just speaks to Sinbad's character perfectly. Exactly as he'd been presented and foreshadowed to act when the opportunity arises. He knows just how dangerous Hakuryuu is, and very possibly knew what would happen to Alibaba and forsook his fate for his plans. Aladdin gonna want some words with the ojisan.

Ohtaka is a genius, Sin's offer to Hakuryuu in Sindria was just for this moment all along.
HaXXspetten said:
Just me or is this entire turn of events a blatant copy pasta of the beginning of Kingdom's Coalition War arc?
Took the words right out of my mouth. I'd been getting Kingdom vibes since the Civil War started, but this just put it over the edge with Koumei basically playing Shouheikun while they all receive repeated shit news.

That said, it was brilliantly executed in making good on Sinbad's foreshadowing from Sindria Arc. And with the tone seemingly building up to a fallen Hakuryuu going medium with the fucking huge red herring Naunami worming the idea into his head, all just a set up to revealing Sinbad's big move.
Aug 17, 2015 11:56 AM

Jan 2012
Judar just stay there no one want u to come back.

Aug 21, 2015 7:14 PM
Dec 2011
JordanTrevino said:
. Also I haven't ever liked Sinbad ever since we were first introduced to his character so I just can't take his side on this and hoping that he will lose and maybe my boi alibaba will come save the day.

alibaba also didnt trust sinbad that much. I think he said that there was something about him that made him uneasy . Me too, i didnt like that guy i preferred ren kouen for some reson lol
Nov 20, 2015 5:41 PM

Sep 2014
Nice to see Hakuei again.
Damn Sinbad is so sly.
Oct 26, 2018 11:34 AM

Nov 2011
Damn Sinbad.. He is really the best in playing this game of thrones ...
Hakuei is a traitor, but honestly I am a little glad that she still care for Hakuryuu and chose him over Kouen.. Hakuryuu is a terrible person I know, but the guy is really need someone to be in his side ...
"The Slave is the have-not, the oppressed one with nothing to spare.
But because the Slave is in that despairing situation, having nothing, it can kill the Emperor !"

More topics from this board

Poll: » Magi Chapter 369 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 5, 2017

86 by mizukasa »»
Mar 23, 8:16 AM

» The Nen Show Podcast - Magi and Sinbad

MuffinManTho - Mar 17

0 by MuffinManTho »»
Mar 17, 9:48 AM

Poll: » Magi Chapter 27 Discussion

KuroDubZero - Sep 25, 2011

9 by brokeRyuk »»
Jan 26, 2:32 PM

Poll: » Magi Chapter 7 Discussion

KuroDubZero - Jul 13, 2011

12 by brokeRyuk »»
Jan 19, 5:01 PM

Poll: » Magi Chapter 3 Discussion

KuroDubZero - Jul 13, 2011

13 by AnklesAAA »»
Jan 5, 2:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.