Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 13, 2015 8:13 PM
Jul 2018
Friday, December 7, 2018

At an undefined area, trouble was stirring up as three shadowy figures observed the knight from their orb.
“They’ll be useful when our plan comes to action, especially Knight Shine.”
“He already caused a great amount of pain for thousands of people, so this will be more fun than we anticipated.”
“Destruction will rise from the grounds, and take over this repugnant surface.”
“We just need to push him to the very point of insanity, and his demonic side will unleash hell upon everyone.
“I’ll continue to watch him to make sure things go as we planned them to.”
“Do as you wish, Emaki. Kuren, keep an eye on that other boy.”
“Yano again, well at least there’s something fascinating for me to do.”
Two of them left through the shadows while the other one remained in the room. The bottom part of his mask was broken, revealing an evil grin.
“Sotere, I entrust you to take the lead for this upcoming play. Perhaps it’s time to meet him in person.”
Shine was walking around the outer fields surrounding the city looking for a place to train on his own since the boss told him to get out more. He hasn’t found one that would be satisfying to him, nor did he see anything that was actually intense.
“I’ve been traveling outside Akita for an hour, and haven’t even found anything interesting. Might as well return to headquarters to see what everyone else is doing.”
Before he could go back, a long spear was thrown directly at Shine, but he dodged it. “What the hell was that?!”
The broken-masked man covered in a cloak jumped right in front of him.
“Were you the one who tried to kill me?”
A crescent moon-masked man chuckled. “Of course not, I just want to test out your abilities. That’s all.”
“So you’ve heard about them, huh?”
“Indeed. I also understand that you’re looking for a place to unleash your potential. Now then, how about we go somewhere far from here?”
With a snap of his fingers, they suddenly teleported to a strange island covered in mist.
“Where are we?” Shine asked.
“One of my favorite places, it’s a dead wasteland where no one can escape alive. Not even high-ranked researchers can locate this area.”
“Once I’m done with you, you’re going to get me out of here, got it?”
“Very well, kid. But first…”
The shrouded man snapped his finger once more, only this time, a strange feeling came over Shine’s right eye. Now he was feeling a great deal of pain as he was moaning dreadfully.
“Wha-… what’s going on…?!”
“You’re still weaker in this current condition, so I feel like helping the little knight.”
His eye was getting worse… the eye patch was burned off revealing a red demonic eye.
“Ah, that’s a nice look,” smiled the dark person.
Shine struggled to remain calm “W-who are you… What do you want with me?
“That information is classified. But all you need to know is this: there’s a beast living inside your soul that needs to be awakened…”
Along with a loud scream, gusts of wind pushed from Shine, sucking the energy out of him, “… right now.”
Mark sighed feeling that it’s obvious of the knight. “That’s him alright.”
“No, it’s something else, like an unfamiliar power coming from an evil source.”
“Don’t tell me it’s coming from that knight.” Mark was beginning to feel suspicious.
“I’m not sure yet, but I have to go see if he’s alright.”
“And how are you going to track him down?”
Miri took out an item that looked like a charm showing it to Mark. “I placed a spell on him after we met each other, it would tell me of Shine’s whereabouts and lead the way.”
“In that case, give me a call if anything goes wrong.”
“I will. And also,” Miri gave Mark a necklace of some sort, “here. It might be useful.”
“Got it, thank you,” Mark said.
Now, Miri’s teleportation charm created a portal for her to go through the mist, leaving Mark behind.
“This is going to be a tough foe for them to handle by themselves. I better ask Stein for backup.”
The knight was shocked to hear about the same incident, but his demonic power caused him to be enraged. In an instant, he launched his fist at the masked man, although he evaded the attack. One punch had created a small landside about 50 miles backward. The damage caused a long, deep hole to form while the ground was cracking widely.
“Still not amused,” he was getting quite bored with the knight.
“Tell me… w-what do you know about the incident?!”
“Why would I give away free information? I need to gain something in return, but your display of strength is hideous. You’re going to have to try harder than one tiny smash.”
“Alright then…” Shine charged at him once more only to have missed another hit as the masked man kicked him back into the ground.
From that point on, this was not going to be a regular training session for the knight. The masked man climbed up a mountain feeling confident about this battle.
“Come now, child. Stop being lazy when there’s something interesting to hear.”
Shine grunted, aching around his chest, but he wasn’t going to let the mysterious man get the best of him. Getting back up, he got his sword out and frantically climbed the mountain.
“One way or another, I’m getting the information out of you!”
“Oh, but how will you get up here…”
He kicked up a small segment of the mountain into his hand, aiming it at Shine, “… when you’re too slow?”
The rock was thrown at him at a high speed, although Shine was able to get out of the way, a palm appeared in his face. He didn’t have time to react as a loud bang pushed him far away while the masked man chased after him.
This guy… what is he? I can’t tell what he’ll…
Just then, a fist landed straight on his gut, forcing Shine onto the ground.
A kick from below then sent him flying upward in the air, followed by another blow thrusting him upon the lake. While sinking into the lake, Shine’s collar was pulled tightly, choking him. A knee to his stomach followed up by a barrage of punches was draining every bit of his breath.
“Don’t just let me beat you to death, show me something already.”
Right before Shine hit the surface, the masked man bashed his forehead through the ground with both of his hands gripping tightly on one another.
His might was truly immense, all of the water had surged upwards leaving the ocean completely dried out. It was now raining along with the raging storm thundering.
The short battle had left Shine broken, being looked down upon by the masked man.
“Pathetic, and here I thought you would be a lot tougher. Guess I have no business here.”
He jumped out of the canyon-sized crater walking away from the boy.
“By the way… Miri is your girlfriend’s name, isn’t it? She seems like a very unique girl, probably as strong as you, I think it’s time for me to say hello to her, but you shouldn’t miss her agonizing defeat.”
No… I won’t let you do it… I…
“Such a sad tale, more blood splattered on the carpet… all thanks to you.”
The sound of Shine’s heartbeat became louder with every second as his thoughts were silencing. Slowly, but surely, his humanity was sinking deeply. His eyes remained closed for a short while but soon opened up, with the look of a monster.
Before the masked man left, the ground started to crack. Fire began building up, despite the rain, and circled the concerned villain.
“Why are these flames immune to the water?”
Unless…!
Out of the crater came Shine charging at him with a monstrous jab to the left side of Gyosai’s chest, throwing him across the land.
Only his right eye converted into a demon’s eyes, fangs had taken form, and his nails grew sharp. He was no longer controlling himself now that his rage boiled over the human soul.
Gripping onto the slim blade, Shine shouted out a ferocious roar echoing all around the island.
“You better be alright, Knight Shine,” she said.
Miri, preparing for the horror ahead of her, unveiled her lance from one of her charms and ran straight towards the place where the two monsters are at.
The masked man was walking back to where he was attacked, pleased with this discovery. “So this is the growth of your power, very unique indeed. You even got part of body torn. To show you my gratitude, I’ll introduce myself, Gyosai.”
His left arm was gone! All that’s left was a noticeable trace of blood on one side of his shredded cloak.
“Now we’ll have some real fun.”
Not having any sanity in him, Shine threw himself at Gyosai once more in an attempt to claw his mask off, only to be tossed aside. He then swung his sword on the ground, the wave tunneled under Gyosai and exploded.

The one-armed freak evaded the burst, but didn’t notice Shine above him. Gyosai grabbed his dagger to defend against the next attack, but it couldn’t size up to the deadly blade.
A gust of wind smashed him through the surface as Shine slashed fire into a hole, causing several blasts to erupt around the battlefield.
A large portion of the island soon caught fire, for the battle had become lethal, not even the rainy storm could put out the flames. Emerging from the dark clouds was Gyosai, critically damaged and quickly grounded, yet his excitement did not dissipate.
“This boy is truly amusing,” Gyosai stated, “I wonder how long he can keep this up?”
Standing on a pile of stones, the beastly knight looked around the burning isle and saw the wounded villain getting up. Enraged, the fire around him swelled up around his body and Shine let out another loud roar!
The flames growled immensely, building up in the air like a tower. Shine’s friend witnessed the growth of the fire, although the whole place was burning up rapidly, she used a fire-resistant spell covering up her body.
“This is becoming a nightmare. And this feeling… it’s increasingly dark.”
Miri heard the sounds of weapons clanging, so she turned to her right watching the fight through the violent flames. “No way…”
To her dismay, Shine was out of control and fighting violently. With every clang he became more demonic, and his right eye was shedding blood. The knight was burning the island to ashes.
“Shine… what are you doing?”
Gyosai launched a set of destructive bangs at Shine, however, the brutal strength wasn’t the only factor that boosted, his agility allowed him to escape the attacks.
“How can he maneuver so quickly?” he wondered out loud, “No one can dodge them!”
Before he could charge another bang, Shine flew above Gyosai with one powerful sword attack with a combination of fire and wind. Trying to stand his ground, Gyosai held his right hand in front of the impact wide open on the defensive.
Gyosai was shock to see much progression in this knight.
“Well I never. To think he’s this powerful!”
With one more slash along with a sonic howl, the fierce boy fired his big inferno cannon at Gyosai, taking a full, direct hit.
“GUUAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!”
The screams of loss faded as he was blown away from Shine. Although the flames covering up the body was burning out, the knight was still in the demonic mode, he was dangerous and merciless even without his blaze power.
To make matters worse, the only person standing in front of the beast now is his dearest friend… Miri, “Shine, w-why are you acting like this?!”
He was gone from the human world and couldn’t respond. All Shine could do was hiss, the eye of a monster gave birth to his insanity. Controlled by the darkness, Shine jumped towards Miri too fast for her to follow his movements.
This isn’t like him! Just then, she remembered the first time she met Shine and what he told her. Is this what he was trying to tell me, that he’s been hiding this power inside of him?
“Shine! If you can hear me, please snap out of it!” Miri called out.
But he couldn’t understand her, Shine then started swinging his sword at her. Miri dodged it, but Shine kept coming back for more.
“Why won’t you wake up?”
Unable to get through him, Miri’s only choice was to fight back, she reluctantly got out her sacred jewel lance as she clashed with her beloved knight.
They fought evenly as Shine evaded her lance as she has a higher sense on the battlefield than a wild boy who’s fighting by instinct. The knight became furious with Miri, who isn’t easy to kill.
Even after his big brawl with Gyosai, his stamina wasn’t going down. Miri, on the other hand, was feeling tired having to give it her all. She knew that if she continued onward, she would eventually lose her life.
“Th-there’s got to be a way for me to reach him.”
Miri used her flash bombs to blind Shine. She had to come up with a plan to restrain Shine, but unfortunately, he didn’t give Miri even a second to plan a good strategy. Once behind her, Shine stabbed the girl mercilessly, causing her to cough up blood.
His sword went below Miri’s heart, but the damage was too severe for Miri to endure. Is this… the end for me…?
Nearly giving up, a memory of what occurred between the pair popped up in her head…
She reminiscing of the times when she and Shine had splendid times together, how she enjoyed working alongside with the strong knight, especially the kiss they shared at the carnival. Miri’s will have taken control as she struggles to stand strong.
“There’s something… that I must do…” Miri told herself.
With her lance, Miri carved a cross into the palm of her left hand as it was radiating.
Have to… concentrate on the source… of his demonic side. The wounded conjurer looked directly at Shine’s right eye.
The beast growled at her, yet she wasn’t fazed. She panted her way to Shine, who was ready to attack. Miri fell onto his chest, her arms wrapped around his body tightly, trapping his arms. The aura around her surrounded Shine, restraining his body so he wouldn’t move too much as she whispered to her knight.
“Please… just smile for all of… us… You’re not a monster…”
Her left hand moved to cover Shine’s right eye, the cross illuminated once the aura binding the knight went straight to that single point. “Please come back!”
In the dark void of the mind was a boy being bound to a white cross statue wondering, “Where is everyone?”
An echo flew through Shine whispering a familiar voice.
“Miri?” All of sudden, light was glowing from his right eye, it was purifying his soul.
When the light shined brighter, Shine had calmed down on the outside while Miri still clinging onto the boy. Once Shine finally came to his senses, he looked around bewilderingly, not understanding how all of this happened.
“What in the world is going on?” Shine asked.
He saw the blood dripping from the tip of his weapon, becoming horrified by the look of his injured friend. A sequence of events on the island was flashing by, revealing the truth behind the current appearance.
“Up to now, I was… no… it can’t be!”
“Uhhh… Shine,” Miri smiled.
“Miri, please hang in there!” He kneeled down to hold her.
“You shouldn’t be hard on yourself…”
“Don’t be foolish, you know as well as I do that all of this was caused by me.”
“Ah, but if you think about it, you were trying to keep me away from you.”
There was still one thing he couldn’t understand… “Why… Just why did you keep on fighting?”
“I’m always attracted… to you no matter what.”
“Still—!”
“I’m glad that you’re alright…”
Soon, she passed out from blood loss, leaving behind the saddened knight. “No… Miri… MIRIIIIIIII!!”
This was the first time the cold-blooded knight had ever experienced true despair. Someone who treated him genially was put through all of this misery, and he’s unable to save her. Such a powerful loss was inflicted on Shine.
“Sorry to interrupt your moment of sorrow, little boy, but I have a master to avenge.”
Appearing from behind was a man in a black suit wearing a top hat holding a long cane.
“And who are you supposed to be? Another freak just like Gyosai?” Shine asked harshly.
He revealed himself, “I work under him as his servant: Aomare.”
“Well I don’t have time to play around with a group of monsters.”
“Who was the one who brought fire to this land?”
Shine knew that Aomare was right, it was his fault that he went berserk.
“But never mind the outcome of your awakening. After all, I am almost strong enough to match against Gyosai. How will you fight: human…?”
He slowly slipped his hand into his suit, and a click went off. A magnum pistol was pulled out pointing at Shine.
…Or demon?”
Shine was worried about what might happen next, but he could not ignore the pain lingering on his head. There’s no way I’ll be able to fight, not with Miri in critical condition. What should I do?
Suddenly, a bullet was shot directly into Aomare’s shoulder, although it had no effect.
“Don’t think that you can leave us out of all of the fun, Shine,” called out Mark.
“Take it easy, Mark.” Stein readied his silver spear while Mark reloaded his pistol with specialized bullets.
“You guys…”
“Looks like you got into a ton of trouble this time, but more importantly, you need to take Ms. Miri with you to the infirmary!”
“R-right, thanks Stein”
Shine took out one of Miri’s charms that would allow them to transport to their destination. As soon as the portal open, Shine jumped into it carrying the girl with him leaving the island.
“So Aomare…” Mark aimed his pistol at the shoulder he shot. “… Tell us what the hell you are. You don’t seem to carry any kind of reaction with that bullet in your bone.”
“Well of course not. A human could never handle a blast like that,” he replied bluntly.
“Then I’ll have to assume that you’re a human who fused with a demon using THAT ritual, am I right?”
“Ah, so you’re well aware of the devil metamorphosis. Good eye, gunner.”
“Hey Stein, you mind if I take a shot at this guy myself?”
“Being reckless again, huh? Just be careful, Mark,” warned Stein, “you’re fighting an unusual opponent.”
“Don’t worry about me, worry about the other two.”
“Hmph, maybe I should.” Once Stein had left with his own transportation portal, it was just both of the shooters on a dead wasteland.
“Are you ready, young boy?”
“You know it.”
The battle commenced with the first trigger of bullets pulled by Aomare. Mark dodged a few of them, and deflected the other bullets soaring into the air.
Then Mark shot bullets underneath them before loading his gun with more bullets, which were evaded, but Aomare didn’t know he was up to something. Mark shot a bullet that flew passed him.
“You missed!”
Mark smirked, “You think so?”
Aomare was confused, until the thin wire attached to the bullet had tied him up after Mark pulled the gun back firmly.
“So you caught me, what’s next? After all, this island doesn’t have much time left.”
Mark grinned knowing this would occur and came prepared for a situation like this.
What is he smiling for?
One word escaped from Mark… “Detonate.”
Those words had triggered the shell bullets that were shot into the ground as they exploded beneath Aomare.
“By destroying the surface of the island, you will also—.”
However, Mark was nowhere to be found.
Clever boy.
He grinned, and the crescent symbol on his gun lit up.
But next time, you won't be prepared, slave.
Abruptly, the island had erupted, splitting up into several segments sinking into the ocean. There was no sign of the Gyosai and his servant, only a bloodied black cloak was left floating in the water.
“Don’t be so hard on yourself,” he comforted Shine, “we all make mistakes.”
“How did you get here?”
“Before Miri-sempai left to find you, she gave me her emergency portal necklace. It instantly brings me to an area she's linked to. Though, our enemies aren’t finished yet.”
“What…?! But that one person I fought with…”
Remembering his experience, he was certain he killed him.
“… There’s no way he could have survived!”
“Let’s not focus our concerns on this topic. The bigger question is: what will happen in that room over there?”
“Ah… r-right,” Replied the knight.
Shine hated himself for the damage he caused, and waited throughout the suspenseful night.
Shine remained silent believing that it's unnecessary.
Mark patted him on the shoulder, “Shine, you’re allowed to come in, so—.”
“If you had seen everything Mark, then you would understand why I can’t.”
Shine immediately left the place, leaving his partners stunned by his expression.
“Come on Mark, we should tell Miri-sempai.”
“Yeah,” he nodded.
They went inside the room to tell Miri about her knight. Miri looked normal, it’s as if nothing bad had happened to her despite the near-death experience she had.
“Where is Shine?”
“He left already,” answered Yano, “I’m sorry I couldn’t convince him to see you.”
“That’s all right Yano. You and Master Zarenko did enough already.”
“Oh I almost forgot.” Mark removed the necklace Miri gave her and handed it back to her. “I don’t know what would have happened to me on the island if this wasn’t in my possession. Thank you!”
“I’m glad I helped out a bit.”
Zarenko then patted Miri’s head. “You helped out a lot. Thanks to you, Shine got back his humanity.”
“Ah, Master.”
Miri felt much better with her friends lifting her spirits up, but deep down in her heart, she could feel Shine’s affliction growing.
Shine…
He fell asleep with an expression on his face showing his confusion on how he feels.
“Precisely,” he answered.
But Miri wanted to explain. “It wasn’t his fault, something must have—!”
“He requested it.”
“Huh?”
Zarenko was going to be clear about what he meant as he told her Shine requested it. “After the incident on the island of mist, Shine fell into a state of dejection that we’ve never seen before. He came here early asking me to separate himself from you, believing that it would be better for you.”
“Did he?”
“He’s more worried about you than his well-being,” Zarenko remarked as he got up from his seat and looked outside of the building through the window.
“Your knight believes that this is the only way to keep you safe, so the next time an incident occurs when he’s confronted by someone or something, you wont have to go through another suffering ever again.”
“I see.” She unwillingly agreed to the term of avoiding him.
removed-userAug 20, 2015 9:43 AM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

Sticky: » Introduction ( 1 2 )

Mafortion - Aug 20, 2012

83 by Ganymede1135 »»
Apr 6, 2022 7:53 PM

» Idea: Gauge Girls

SargeB96 - Mar 1, 2017

0 by SargeB96 »»
Mar 1, 2017 5:34 AM

» The Legacy of Dimension Legend

xXFumbiXx - Feb 16, 2016

0 by xXFumbiXx »»
Feb 16, 2016 2:16 PM

» Key and Lock: Chapter 1 and Characters' Introduction

AlyssiaNyaa - Oct 24, 2015

0 by AlyssiaNyaa »»
Oct 24, 2015 5:14 AM

» Knight Shine Chapter 6: Spirits Being Lifted

removed-user - Sep 14, 2015

0 by removed-user »»
Sep 14, 2015 7:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.