Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Non Non Biyori Repeat Episode 2 Discussion

Jul 30, 2015 5:34 AM

That ruler game was so intense and awesome, I wanna try it out. Dat teamwork man, props. This game was better than most of action anime out there.

So that's how Hotarun fell for Komachi, so cute. Gotta love how courageous Komachi was there. In spite of being the more scared one, she properly acted like an upperclassman and I think, that was cool.

The giddy feeling, I missed it. Non non biyori really is the best.

Aug 4, 2015 7:32 AM

Never knew a ruler game could be so intense. lol I don't remember seeing or even hearing about Pechi in the 1st season. Was he there? So far, I'm liking this season. It might not be a continuation from the 1st season but it's still as cute and laidback as ever so I don't really see a problem.

Aug 10, 2015 8:44 AM

I wish more series would do a "repeat"
Mirai Nikki is TRASH
Angel Beats is horrible.
Charlotte is a dumpster fire.
Shinsekai Yori has no characters.
Oreimo's S2 specials don't actually exist.

IM NOT AN ELITIST

I live to see the day where Hidamari Sketch or Little Witch Academia get another season.

Aug 11, 2015 7:18 PM

The ruler slash pencil game! I never thought that there would be a game like that, seems fun to do. Koma-chan was so brave going back from the hill!

"But I was too tired to think.
I remember wanting to become a stone.
A stone that doesn’t feel pain. Or sorrow."

Aug 12, 2015 6:10 PM
If only I had friends, I would play the hell out of Knock-Down-the-Ruler with them.

Aug 20, 2015 4:05 PM

I wonder why I didn't watch this for a while, it's too damn good. :)
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.

Aug 25, 2015 5:55 AM

I didn't realize that I turned on an episode of Kaiji...

Aug 27, 2015 7:29 AM

Dat ruler wars, seems really so much fun!!
Anddddd
That's how the "IKA" or Koma (in this series) obsession begin xD
"Signature removed"

Aug 28, 2015 12:11 PM

Badass nii-san omfg.
I need to play that ruler wars, it seems omoshiroi

Aug 29, 2015 3:22 AM
Never thought that the ruler game was this intense... Woah, the Last-Second Grab, that's some highly advanced technique. We must work together to defeat the boss (Nii-chan). After watching so many episodes and numerous Natsumi's "When did you move here?", I can conclude that Nii-chan has superhuman speed. And the lost in the forest part is the beginning of Hotaru's obsession of Komari-senpai.

Sep 3, 2015 7:46 AM

Wow! That ruler game was intense!

Sep 4, 2015 3:37 PM

ruler game was fun!!! hilariously intense

getting lost in the dark but finding their way out, although i was grossed out when she just put that bottle cap back on xD haha

im fine if this is just going to be stories intertwined with the 1st i have Non Non Biyori back im fine haha!

Sep 9, 2015 8:43 AM

Pleasant this second episode despite not having as protagonist's character Renge. The atmosphere is beautiful and can make you feel relaxed, it's really a great feeling to watch the scenery and listen to the background music.
The drawings are of good quality, the OST is always spot on in every situational context. This second season is being able to enhance even more the events depicted in the first season, I'm satisfied with that.
Nyanpasu! :D

Sep 22, 2015 12:55 PM

That ruler game :3 pretty lovely episode! Quite cute and just great. Let's see what's next.

Oct 15, 2015 9:34 PM

Great. It seems that at least so far the quality hasn't dropped at all from season 1.

Oct 31, 2015 2:27 PM

The eraser and ruler game was intense and random! I love how serious Natsumi was throughout the scene. She and Renge were not playing when it comes to their eraser and ruler game.

I really like this episode. It's better than the first one. 8/10.
Cartoons and anime is my reality.

Jan 23, 2016 5:06 AM

That game is... AWESOME. Good to see Nii-chan in action. xD
Hotaru x Koma-chan so much lovee. Too cute.

Mar 29, 2016 9:41 AM

I loved how the third part of the episode had parallels to the second half of episode 2 in the first season. From what I understand, both of the stories took place at around the same time.

Both of the stories were exclusively focused on Hotaru and Komari, except the first season's second ep was during the day and this story was at night. This was a hint that things would be the same, but different. Their roles were reversed this time, with Komari instead taking the lead in guiding Hotaru to their destination. In the first season's story, Komari's role was that of a child, following Hotaru to the candy shop, while in this episode Komari's role was that of a proper senpai, putting on a brave face in order to reassure Hotaru. Komari's attempts at acting like an adult from last season all ended pretty unsuccessfully, so seeing a situation where she was successfully able to act like an adult gave weight to her conviction and made me like her character more.

Also it seems that Komari's whole motivation for leading the way back was seeing Hotaru cry, which means Hotaru's feelings aren't all unrequited. Bunch of Komari character development in that story.

If this episode was stand-alone I probably wouldn't have thought much of it. The other parts of this episode were just okay.

Apr 4, 2016 12:02 PM

The most intense game I have seen involving just rulers, lol.

Apr 9, 2016 2:54 AM

one hell of an intense ruler game... and i think i saw twgok keima there :p

komari and hotaru are cute :3

Apr 13, 2016 12:02 PM

Now I want to try the ruler game with my friends.

I respect your opinion as long as you respect mine.

Apr 21, 2016 5:43 PM

Hotaru needs to stop crying with her freaking hands over her face!
Numbuh 3, you've got to get off the couch, you cannot sit in that tree house, girl you like Rainbow Monkeys so grab your little shit and then swing!

Hand tracks be tracking me to different doorways. In a maze, and I don't know what to do. Guaranteed though, Ima find the emeralds.

Jun 26, 2016 2:31 AM

The ruler game was hilarious. It's almost confusing what more people see in things where I only see a tool for underlining something.

Jul 4, 2016 5:18 PM

The ruler game look so fun !
"All men are jealous and stupid, and all women are stupid to be happy about it, idiots are everywhere you look!"

Holo-Spice And Wolf

Aug 18, 2016 8:42 PM
I guess it literally is a repeat of the same year from the last season, i'm not sure why it is necessary to do that but it is an interesting concept. Also, the ruler battle part was amazing and just made me love the brother even more as a character.

Sep 29, 2016 3:17 PM

Before I realized that it is in fact a repeat of the time period shown in the first season I was worried that it wouldn't have Hotaru lol.

Is good so far, it has been almost a year since I watched the first season but it is interesting how this second season seems to be stylistically different from the first, at least from what I remember.

Nov 16, 2016 11:02 AM

Damn that ruler game was intense! That music :D

Apr 15, 2017 11:20 AM

Absolutely loved the ruler game, as many others did it would seem.
The brother with the epic save!

May 3, 2017 12:00 PM
Gunpla Builder

Nii-san too op, nerf, please.

Sep 1, 2017 2:58 AM

That ruler game with them 4 together with their oniisan was so intense. Haha.

And Hotarun and Komari's date, though. Hahahaha! So cute. Stargazing, I mean. :D

I got scared for Hotarun when she got lost, thank, Kami-sama her inu saves the day and Natsumi and Komari senpai was there to help her.

AND HE STILL DOESN'T TALK! GODDAMNIT!
----------------------------------------
"NNAAAA~ NNAAAA~ NNAAAA~ NNAAAA~"
NANACHI (MADE IN ABYSS), 2017
----------------------------------------

May 9, 2018 7:38 PM
Hotaru x Nii-chan.. I kinda ship them

May 11, 2018 11:12 AM

Nii chan is my idol

Nov 14, 2018 2:26 PM

Fan theory: Suguru's shame and lost honour from losing the Ruler Knock-Off game is what contributed to his self-isolation over the rest of the series. He was too ashamed of his performance to socialize with the girls thereafter.

May 13, 9:46 AM

The ruler game was easily the best part of this episode.
Kokoro did nothing wrong.

Jun 1, 6:29 AM

Love Nii-chan but he doesn't have much screen time.

Jun 30, 2:26 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Damm, seeing ep1 wasnt enough, couldnt resist and seen ep2 right after.. now I m fully healed and craving for more, but I will control myself.

It was nice to see the ruler game, but the later half was also really sweet, Hotaru and Komari moments were an highlight of S1, and they surely spoiled me here!

I will be also rewatching S1 cuz I just love this series that much, and nothing heals my soul has good as this, and I will be needing constant healing in the following weeks for sure.

7 hours ago

did not expect a simple game using rulers could be so much fun. ^^

the guy not talking sort of creeps me out a bit.

scary adventure of Hotaru and sempai. Glad they were able to reach the light of the vending machine again. Also Tohru is strong enough to carry sempai. :p
Modified by Liddo-kun, 6 hours ago

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]