Forum Settings
Forums
Must be a Club Member to Reply 
Jul 12, 2015 8:26 AM
K-ON! is my number 1 favorite anime and i was wondering if there would be season 3 for it, if you do think there is season 3 please state why and if possible provide a source, i'm really looking forward to another season.

Jul 14, 2015 6:22 PM

According to some sources, Kyoto Animation apparently made the announcement that they would not be making a 3rd season of K-On.

Jul 15, 2015 12:20 AM
Did they provide a reason why? I've heard from some websites that K-ON! was really popular in Japan, and i don't see why they shouldn't make a season 3. Also I've heard that the Manga continued where the anime stopped, when the 4 girls graduated, leaving Azusa alone, the manga focused on Azusa preventing the Light Music Club's disband along with Ui and Jun. In my opinion they could make another season based on this, If it isn't then maybe a Movie or an OVA should be enough.

Jul 23, 2015 4:12 PM
It's also worth noting how much Kyoto made from merchandise alone... The series is a one-of-a-kind idea that is nearly unmatched with it's cheerful, innocent humor...
A season 3 would be amazing!

Dec 16, 2017 11:15 PM

dominic_henley said:
Did they provide a reason why? I've heard from some websites that K-ON! was really popular in Japan, and i don't see why they shouldn't make a season 3. Also I've heard that the Manga continued where the anime stopped, when the 4 girls graduated, leaving Azusa alone, the manga focused on Azusa preventing the Light Music Club's disband along with Ui and Jun. In my opinion they could make another season based on this, If it isn't then maybe a Movie or an OVA should be enough.

If I'm not wrong,according to source,they think movie has the best ending so they think season 3 isn't necessary.
But because fanbase is still there,k-on official website is still updating and not dead,so there may be a very slight chance.

Life is empty without anime

Apr 23, 2018 4:57 PM
I thought KyoAni wont continue that anymore,cause the material is not enough, maybe the rest of material is good to make an OVA or special episode.