Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Venus Project: Climax Episode 1 Discussion

Jul 12, 2015 6:55 AM

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
First episode pre-aired today.

The artwork felt meh and the episode felt more like a buildup toward the very ending. Not much performing each but we do get to meet the main leads. Nothing special imo. As another idol show, this was below average for me.

Jul 13, 2015 9:20 AM

born2biscuit said:
How long are the episodes? I'll pick it up if it's like a 5 minute thing.

6 eps × 23 min

It airs like twice a month, lol
(07.11.17) previous username = kingscounty

PM me all of your anime recommendations !

~ visit my wordpress = dfbusy.wordpress.com ~

Jul 13, 2015 9:29 PM

Any confirmed subs for this show yet?

Jul 15, 2015 6:47 PM
News Team
Overkilled Red

So, it's appears to be an idol-themed show with a touch of VR Mecha, much like a Stand. Can't say I'm too keen on the plot, not to mention the characters are already looking bland. Almost anyone can predict what will go down in the Formula Venus tournament.

Average start and I doubt it'd improve any further. Will stick around for the ridiculous Mecha battles though.

Jul 15, 2015 8:32 PM

Well this was weird...idols with mecha?Personally I have never seen something like this.
I thought this episode tried way too many things while at the end achieving nothing.
Average but I will stick with it.

Jul 15, 2015 8:37 PM

Ill stick with it cause they worked so hard to make this show
Shirayuki= Most Perfect Female MC ever

Jul 16, 2015 8:35 AM

I am interested to see how this will turn out.
All credit goes to Sacred.

Jul 16, 2015 1:32 PM

Watched for Rippi...and she plays a kuudere, lmao. I quite enjoyed the MC, I get to see her more.

Clearly, the anime isn't really meant to be taken too seriously. Its constant reminder of cleavage and small jokes..That parody on the rocky balboa, the convenient placement of a wota that ended up being pointless, and pulling out the anime tropes, you can't forget about "boobs" and "lolis"!

Jul 16, 2015 7:34 PM

So basically the idols have mecha avatars, and their song abilities decide how strong their mecha are. Then they fight while singing.

Ruka's crew has a lieutenant and a colonel... what, idol singing is sponsored by the military now?

...Loved it, I can't wait for the next ep!
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Jul 19, 2015 5:10 AM
It is not that bad

I'm looking forward for this tournament

Jul 20, 2015 12:45 PM

Every one has a nice fit body ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
They sure know how to keep a man watching ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Jul 20, 2015 1:07 PM

Lead character seems interesting, the rest is just plain bad.

Jul 21, 2015 5:36 PM
-xAttack609x- said:
Lead character seems interesting, the rest is just plain bad.

Same thoughts here.

And already getting tired of all those boob shots.
They really introduced a character by telling her cup size, wow...

I usually enjoy music animes, but I will skip this one. The mecha fights at the beginning were far to loud to even hear the music. I guess they will concentrate on the characters, boobs, fights, boobs, and let the music stay in the background.

Jul 26, 2015 2:17 AM

Can anyone confirm subs for this show yet?

Jul 26, 2015 3:55 PM

Yeah. Funi's subbing it.

Jul 27, 2015 2:19 PM
News Team
Pocky Priestess

Is Venus Project TV combined with Climax?
News Guidelines | Submit News (Complete article, no one-liners. For news tips, PM me or other news mods!)
Slow news reports? Don't worry, we know a scoop fast enough, but due to strict guidelines, we require confirmation from multiple independent sources.

Jul 27, 2015 6:18 PM

Very enjoyable show but I hate to admit this show only airing one a month like robo girl z+

I really like the battle+singing concept mix with idol stuff, almost like Symphony gear expect with blank uninspired song but it still enjoyable for me

Next anime episode : 16 agustus
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Jul 30, 2015 9:01 PM

Mormegil said:
Yeah. Funi's subbing it.

Really? Haven't seen a single release for it yet.

Aug 3, 2015 9:58 PM

Just watched two of the seiyuu episodes. Those were great and very entertaining. Learned a lot more about rippi. Her calligraphy makes a lot of sense and the TV thing seems a bit odd.

Aug 4, 2015 6:46 PM

Jonesy974 said:
Mormegil said:
Yeah. Funi's subbing it.

Really? Haven't seen a single release for it yet.

It's airing once a month, or something weird like that, so there's only one episode out so far. The other two episodes are the seiyuu participating in random games together.

If you search nyaa, you should be able to find all of them. Subbed.

Aug 23, 2015 4:18 PM

The beginning and end were alright. I found myself wanting to skip/fast-forward through the rest.

LOL that giant bow-tie.

Jan 10, 2016 9:14 PM

Nice start to the series. I like the idea of battle idols, it reminds me of symphogear!

Eriko is always super hungry! All the neighbors give good to her xD and it's great how she donates her money to the orphanage! Too bad Miu has to be on a diet; she really likes cake! Ruka sure is mysterious, and the press conference was weird. Can't wait for some battles!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Mar 7, 7:17 PM

The fact that the giant robots are hand-drawn is super impressive to me considering the character art.

The first episode was decent enough on its own that I don't feel like I need to start making superficial excuses: like it's good just because it has battle idols and giant robots (but that certainly doesn't hurt it). I appreciate that it obviously isn't taking itself super seriously, and is just going to celebrate its niche otaku appeal as much as possible, even if that didn't get it very far. This will probably be a fun little show.
Modified by syncrogazer, Mar 7, 7:29 PM