Forum Settings
Forums

The 'Help Identifying This Anime/Character' Thread (v6)

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (197) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Jul 18, 2015 10:58 AM

Jan 2015
Psyche_Izaya said:
https://twitter.com/opaque_u/status/622453839564648448

who is this person in the gif ¿¿¿

Guren Ichinose from Owari no Seraph
Jul 18, 2015 11:02 AM
Jul 2015
hey guys can you help me finding one anime's name(tv show)? So i cannot give you a photo or something like that but i can give u a hint .Its about 3or 4 heroes made by a boy accidentally.They are made from food and junk ,i think they look -alike teenage mutant ninja turtles ,it is from the 80's 90's or early 00's
thank you
Jul 18, 2015 11:21 AM

May 2012
Psyche_Izaya said:
https://twitter.com/opaque_u/status/622453839564648448

who is this person in the gif ¿¿¿

http://myanimelist.net/character/118615/Steven_A._Starphase

from Kekkai Sensen

Jul 18, 2015 12:35 PM

Dec 2010
bellellis said:
Okay, this may be a bit farfetched with so little information ...

But I remember one of the first animes I ever watched was this video or two videos taken from the library. There was like 4 episodes or something, I think, and it just picked up pace when I didn't have any more episodes. I remember all the characters were female and they spent an awful lot of time in a shopping mall? And I believe they had some kind of special powers to fight with though I'm completely blank about what kind. This was in the early 2000s, so it should be from about then or the 90s. That's really all I can remember.

Hmm, mentioning library and having all characters as females with super powers reminded me of R.O.D. the TV. But since you said it was around 4 episodes, it might be R.O.D. OVA. I'm not sure if it's really the OVA because I haven't watched that one.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 18, 2015 8:50 PM
Jul 18, 2015 8:51 PM

Feb 2015
Thanks! :D
Jul 18, 2015 9:07 PM
Jul 18, 2015 9:15 PM
Jul 2015
Hey I am not certain if this belongs here or not. If not can a mod. please move to the appropriate section?

I am trying to track down the title of an anime. I saw a long time ago back in the mid to late 90s. It was set in middle ages looking Europe. I know the story was a love story or romance, but all the main characters died and the heroine had a reddish orange pet squirrel or chipmunk. I know even that pet died in the end. so you know the age here it was before DVD era so I want to say likely was mid to late 90s movie that. I know it was sold in the US around the time that Street Fighter II V came out and shows like Sailor Moon were in their popular phases. If anyone can help I would appreciate it.
GajenxJul 18, 2015 9:27 PM
Jul 19, 2015 4:16 AM
May 2015
I remember this anime from about ten years ago, it was dubbed in Afrikaans (it was airing in South Africa on Animax).

The basic gist of it was that there was a normal schoolgirl who got sucked into another dimension and the show was about her quest to get home. The only features I can remember about it are that it was a 90s show (the art style was clearly set from that era) and the OP featured her dancing in a suit and tails with two of her friends.
Jul 19, 2015 5:05 AM
Dec 2011
Hi All

can you please help me find this anime

the Anime set in a Magic School.

in the anime world , there are 6 elements : Fire, Water , Air , Earth ,Lightning & Dark

each magician can use two element . except the main character who can use all of them .

the main character wanted to join the Magic School to face someone stronger then him , but the headmaster challenge him to beat the strongest students in school . he manage to beat 100 students in 3 minute .

thanks
Jul 19, 2015 7:49 AM

Sep 2014
Haneken2086 said:
I remember this anime from about ten years ago, it was dubbed in Afrikaans (it was airing in South Africa on Animax).

The basic gist of it was that there was a normal schoolgirl who got sucked into another dimension and the show was about her quest to get home. The only features I can remember about it are that it was a 90s show (the art style was clearly set from that era) and the OP featured her dancing in a suit and tails with two of her friends.

I think this one is Fushigi Yuugi

Flames slowly die. Embers turns to ash. Heat turns cold.
As I close my eyes, visions of past flash before me. I open my eyes; all I see is black, white, and gray.
Jul 19, 2015 8:33 AM

Nov 2012
devil2 said:
Hi All

in the anime world , there are 6 elements : Fire, Water , Air , Earth ,Lightning & Dark

each magician can use two element . except the main character who can use all of them .

the main character wanted to join the Magic School to face someone stronger then him , but the headmaster challenge him to beat the strongest students in school . he manage to beat 100 students in 3 minute .

thanks

magi: the kingdom of magic maybe?
Jul 19, 2015 8:57 AM

Apr 2014
silverwalls said:
devil2 said:
Hi All

thanks

magi: the kingdom of magic maybe?
It has a tiny bit of Zero no Tsukaima in it since one of the elements in that show is also dark (If I remember correctly)
Jul 19, 2015 9:39 AM
Jul 2015
Hi, can any of you say to me what this anime's name is that i am about to describe.
So it's an anime set in the post-apocalyptic era where fiends/demons destroyed everything and the land is now uninhabitable, there is like an radioactive type of environment. The anime starts of with a princess and her friends driving in an big armored vehicle, inside the vehicle are 2 mechs if i recall. To save the world she could because of her blood command a giant mech but by the cost that after the use of the mech she dies. They found a village where some people who survived got attacked by those fiends/demons they try to save them but couldn't kill the fiends and almost died if it weren't for a young boy i think 13-17 years old that is the last kind of his race. He has the power to transform into some kind of monster like thing but doesn't right of the bat he partially transforms and kills them of and because he is from that race he can survive trough that environment where the other people have to be inside a suit or mecha to be able to survive ofc. in the first town as mentioned above those conditions weren't applied. And thus they start on a journey to find that mech.
That's what i remember about the start of the anime/movie don't know what of the two it is.
In the end however i remember that they were on an flying ship and some scientist who was thought to be they friend fused with those fiends and commanded the fiends to attack them. The princess run after the scientist to kill him with that mech because he transformed into a big monster. That's where the protagonist fully transformed into that monster to kill the fiends on the ship then run after the princess to aid her to defeat him.
After they defeated the monster. The princess died inside the mech in the protagonists hands.

That's all to it if you could help me out with it i would be thankful.
I tried to find it for days now but couldn't so i registered on this forum and tried my luck here, you never know.
Sorry can't speak english so well it isn't my main language.
DeyMayCryJul 19, 2015 1:30 PM
Jul 19, 2015 12:59 PM

Oct 2014
I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask my question.
I was wondering if anyone had any idea what this anime movie is called;

Description:
It's a very retro/vintage type of anime, it was made sometime in the 80's or 90's maybe even 70's? I'm not sure. It is a movie, not a series. The plot from what I can remember had to deal with a hotline or something? Tokyo Hotline? like people would call these girls and they would give them advice. In the beginning everytime some guy would masturbate he would turn into a monster or something. So i think he contacted the hotline, Then he met one of the girls that ran the hotline... I know for sure the title had 'tokyo' in it.

I'm sorry if this is all jumbled up, I can't remember it that well. It was a disturbing anime though lol..

Thank you!
“But even when the moon looks like it's waning...
it's actually never changing shape. Don't ever forget that.”― Ai Yazawa

... ✽

「 If only I could wash all my worries and
sorrows away with music 」
Jul 19, 2015 1:01 PM

Jun 2014
Viialicious said:

Description:
It's a very retro/vintage type of anime, it was made sometime in the 80's or 90's maybe even 70's? I'm not sure. It is a movie, not a series. The plot from what I can remember had to deal with a hotline or something? Tokyo Hotline? like people would call these girls and they would give them advice. In the beginning everytime some guy would masturbate he would turn into a monster or something. So i think he contacted the hotline, Then he met one of the girls that ran the hotline... I know for sure the title had 'tokyo' in it.

I'm sorry if this is all jumbled up, I can't remember it that well. It was a disturbing anime though lol..

Thank you!

Sounds like Call me Tonight.

Jul 19, 2015 1:03 PM

Jun 2009
Topic Merged

Where there is no imagination there is no horror. || Arthur Conan Doyle || Happy Halloween!
Jul 19, 2015 1:04 PM

Oct 2014
Working_Designs said:
Viialicious said:

Description:

Thank you!

Sounds like Call me Tonight.

Wow I didn't know this thread existed.
Thank you so much.
“But even when the moon looks like it's waning...
it's actually never changing shape. Don't ever forget that.”― Ai Yazawa

... ✽

「 If only I could wash all my worries and
sorrows away with music 」
Jul 19, 2015 2:19 PM

Jul 2013
what character is this

Jul 19, 2015 2:20 PM

Nov 2014
Soren333 said:
what character is this

Charlotte, it's an ongoing.

Jul 19, 2015 2:23 PM

Jul 2013
thanks
Jul 19, 2015 5:24 PM

Dec 2014
Yo fam please help. Already tried Google.

Also if anyone can tell me what's her hairstyle called it'd be great.

"Wielding one's blade out of duty alone is what it means to be a captain. Wielding one's blade out of hatred is nothing more than petty violence. That is not what we would consider battle."
Jul 19, 2015 6:20 PM

Apr 2014
LifeAlpha^^^
(My Pokemon knowledge is finally paying off)
Looks to be a female version/fan art of Gary Oak from the Pokemon Fire Red and Leaf Green games. Look at the clothing and the accessories.
ProtakuJul 19, 2015 6:25 PM
Jul 19, 2015 6:23 PM

Apr 2014
And if anyone could help me identify any anime from these 3 GIFs, it would be greatly appreciated (Maybe a lil NSFW lol)
Jul 19, 2015 6:29 PM

Mar 2012
^Last is Tari Tari.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Jul 19, 2015 6:38 PM

Feb 2014
Anyone know who this girl is?

Jul 19, 2015 6:53 PM

Jan 2015
Yksiloituminen said:

I believe that's fanart of Sayaka Miki from Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica
Jul 19, 2015 6:56 PM

Feb 2014
Sacreds said:
Yksiloituminen said:

I believe that's fanart of Sayaka Miki from Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica

oh .__. well, thanks for help.
Jul 19, 2015 6:57 PM

Jan 2015
Protaku94 said:
And if anyone could help me identify any anime from these 3 GIFs, it would be greatly appreciated (Maybe a lil NSFW lol)

First is Genocyber
Second is Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan
Jul 19, 2015 7:04 PM

Apr 2014
Sacreds said:
Protaku94 said:

First is Genocyber
Second is Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan

Thanks, that's all of them then ^_^
Jul 19, 2015 7:36 PM
SetoMary Fanatic

Jun 2013
Jul 19, 2015 9:15 PM

Aug 2012

From the first link

Top Row:
1st pic - Yu-Gi-Oh
4th pic - Yoruichi Shihouin from Bleach

Bottom Row:
2nd pic - Bleach
3rd pic - Kyoko Mogami from Skip Beat!
4th pic - Detective Conan
LiaevesJul 19, 2015 9:22 PM
Jul 19, 2015 9:18 PM
Oct 2009
There's this anime I watched when I was a little kid,

It's a bunch of kids on a spaceship trying to find their parents and got lost in space. The spaceship is design to be operated by very little people even the kids can do it. So the kids were operating the space ships. They were a monument in the spaceship that can interfere with the enemy's aiming so they can never get a direct hit of the spaceship.

I saw this anime around mid 1990s. I'm not sure when the anime aired in Japan because the one I saw was dubbed.

Thanks!
Jul 19, 2015 9:41 PM

Dec 2014
Protaku94 said:
LifeAlpha^^^
(My Pokemon knowledge is finally paying off)
Looks to be a female version/fan art of Gary Oak from the Pokemon Fire Red and Leaf Green games. Look at the clothing and the accessories.
I love you fam.

But disappointed that it's not from Anime tho lol she's such a beauty.

Thankies.

"Wielding one's blade out of duty alone is what it means to be a captain. Wielding one's blade out of hatred is nothing more than petty violence. That is not what we would consider battle."
Jul 19, 2015 10:24 PM

Jul 2012
I'm 99% sure that the first and third one are Asuka and Rei from Evangelion.
Jul 19, 2015 10:28 PM

Jun 2011
I don't think it's Asuka and Rei. From what I remember from the anime, they are different.
Jul 19, 2015 10:29 PM
Jul 19, 2015 10:34 PM

Jun 2011
Oooh the second one is correct. Thank you Silver!
Jul 20, 2015 12:12 AM

Jan 2014
Yeah those are Asuka and Rei from Evangelion, I'm 100% sure. The red things on top of Asuka head are signature features from her EVA-suit for example. It's just that the rest of their outfits are changed.
Jul 20, 2015 12:42 AM

Jun 2011
I am searching for similar pictures to double check. I want to believe that it's Asuka and Rei but until now I can't find anything similar by searching Rei and Asuka online.

EDIT: Finally found it! Its's actually Asuka and Rei from the Dark Brigade. THANK YOU to those who helped!
SheiaJul 20, 2015 1:01 AM
Jul 20, 2015 3:08 AM
Jul 2015
Hello~! Can someone tell if this is a anime or not please?
http://www.wallpaperup.com/uploads/wallpapers/2015/04/25/670841/big_thumb_e08e0d261ec6521a95951dd4ad1c5ff3.jpg

I think i seen the red hair girl from somewhere but i can't place where.
Thanks for the help and for taking the time to read this! ^-^
Jul 20, 2015 3:20 AM

Nov 2014
Book_Brittany said:
http://www.wallpaperup.com/uploads/wallpapers/2015/04/25/670841/big_thumb_e08e0d261ec6521a95951dd4ad1c5ff3.jpg

Seems like an original art:
http://konachan.com/post/show/199226
The red girl looks like a character from
http://myanimelist.net/anime/14833/Maoyuu_Maou_Yuusha

Jul 20, 2015 3:23 AM

Sep 2014
Book_Brittany said:

Seems maoyuu maou yuusha. The other one looks like a character from that anime too.
http://myanimelist.net/character/76584/Onna_Mahoutsukai

Flames slowly die. Embers turns to ash. Heat turns cold.
As I close my eyes, visions of past flash before me. I open my eyes; all I see is black, white, and gray.
Jul 20, 2015 4:43 AM

Aug 2014

Love Lab - http://myanimelist.net/anime/16353/Love_Lab
Your taste in Anime is shit.

Because you can't differentiate between what's good and bad.

How sad.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (197) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» thoughts on Chinese anime? ( 1 2 3 4 )

ryo-san - Mar 6, 2022

177 by sodaJar »»
8 minutes ago

» If you give an anime a 10 do you genuinely think It Is a masterpiece?

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 9

48 by Ratris_Decision »»
13 minutes ago

» Anime that low-testosterone males can't comprehend ( 1 2 )

Ejrodiew - Apr 14

50 by Vendicator »»
15 minutes ago

» angry sub only users

Yorda_trico - 7 hours ago

42 by Zarutaku »»
53 minutes ago

» What is your most re-watched anime?

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

48 by MeguSae38 »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.