Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Rokka: Braves of the Six Flowers (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jul 12, 2015 1:43 AM

Feb 2012
I actually thought the first half's pacing was quite meh. And I'm really starting to love Nashetania's art design as much as I'm starting to dislike her as a character. (come at me with pitchforks, fanboys) Thankfully, looks like best girl's introduced so I'm good. I've set my eyes on Goldaf ever since I've seen the opening, so I'm very interested to see what happens so on.

The action's quite ok, hope they show more of Adlet's tricks and stuff. So far, the mouth flame thrower thing isn't that much for me yet.

adlet wotm8

But anyway, so far so good. The art's kinda putting me off sometimes, but seeing good comments here about the people who've read the LN, then why not. the romance is putting me off too but oh well its ok and I can sense the foreshadowing...
BearJul 12, 2015 2:13 AM

set made by tsudecimo ★ i m a d g m t r a s h ★ pnch blc mal rewrite

Jul 12, 2015 1:47 AM

Feb 2013
I never thought I would enjoy this so much, glad I picked it up after all.
The pacing is great but the CGI is awful and the animation could be better, I wish they had a huger budget to work with.
Fremy's character design is amazing, she's already best girl.

Has anyone an idea how much of the Light Novel will get adapted if they keep the pacing?

Jul 12, 2015 1:50 AM

Jul 2014
Zefyris said:
They're supposed to encounter each other fast and THEN start their mission, not to encounter each other after huge battles or epic situations though. They have a rendez vous point and they're going to it before going into enemy territory. This time around is probably one of the most thrilling encounter between rokka that this world even had. Usually, a rokka doesn't point a weapon at another rokka after all~
I know that they are supposed to encounter each other as fast as possible, and I didn't say anything about huge battles or epic situations, I just didn't think it'd be this simple. You could say it's me having too much expectations. I wouldn't really mind if they all just randomly met right from the start, my main gripe was that how Fermy, the supposedly Rokka killer, was right there when Goldof caught up just to tell them she might the Rokka Killer. It's not that 4 Rokkas happened to be in the same place, it's that 4 Rokka, one of them whom might be a killer, and one who just rushed with the news of her might being a killer, were there.
OkashiJul 12, 2015 1:55 AM
Jul 12, 2015 1:51 AM

Apr 2013
animation and cgi were bad.... okay episode
Jul 12, 2015 1:53 AM

Aug 2013
I don't trust the Bunny Princess. There's something lacking about her sincerity.

I think it was her eyes when she said "it wouldn't matter how many nights I sleep on the ground." They were really dead and lacking any emotion, which isn't really how I would imagine someone would look if they had the conviction to make that kind of statement. Of course, I guess it could be an animation thing.
Jul 12, 2015 2:19 AM

Jul 2010
I'm really digging this show. The character design is so good.
Jul 12, 2015 2:53 AM

Apr 2013
Okashi_sama said:
Zefyris said:
They're supposed to encounter each other fast and THEN start their mission, not to encounter each other after huge battles or epic situations though. They have a rendez vous point and they're going to it before going into enemy territory. This time around is probably one of the most thrilling encounter between rokka that this world even had. Usually, a rokka doesn't point a weapon at another rokka after all~
I know that they are supposed to encounter each other as fast as possible, and I didn't say anything about huge battles or epic situations, I just didn't think it'd be this simple. You could say it's me having too much expectations. I wouldn't really mind if they all just randomly met right from the start, my main gripe was that how Fermy, the supposedly Rokka killer, was right there when Goldof caught up just to tell them she might the Rokka Killer. It's not that 4 Rokkas happened to be in the same place, it's that 4 Rokka, one of them whom might be a killer, and one who just rushed with the news of her might being a killer, were there.

But once again that's only logical. According to Goldof himself, he was tracking down Fremy, so they were logically in the same vicinity when they both received the mark. And they therefore started to move i nthe same direction from around the same place so they made contact with adlet and nashetania around the same time.
Jul 12, 2015 4:23 AM

Sep 2012
The art and animation in lots of scenes took a noticeable downgrade. Although, the close-ups and backgrounds remain beautiful. I've seen some worse CGI so I can probably stomach this. Though I think I've been spoiled by Shirogumi's Etotama last season.

As far as adaptions go, the story is still keeping a great pace.
"whats so special about bonzai trees?"
"They are the loli of the tree world."

Inganock of the Brightest Flame
Jul 12, 2015 4:34 AM

Jun 2014
pretty good cliffhanger
:3
Jul 12, 2015 4:43 AM

Sep 2014
As always main characters get great character designs , other simple people just dark hair basic shape and that's all :P
Jul 12, 2015 4:51 AM

Aug 2013
Royalirishman said:
Another pretty good episode and I thought this was going to be bad it's pretty surprising.
Jul 12, 2015 4:57 AM
Anime Moderator
᠎ Master Öqvily᠎

Aug 2014
Good episode. And +1 for the decent adaption.

Forum set made by my
secret santa, Nate!
Jul 12, 2015 5:04 AM

Nov 2013
Pretty bland anime (2 min of action and 20 min of blubber), but I have to say the main character designs are all pretty cool.
Jul 12, 2015 5:41 AM

Jun 2014
The fiends look so dope
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 12, 2015 6:23 AM

Aug 2009
I still don't know what to think if this show
Jul 12, 2015 6:28 AM

Feb 2011
Okashi_sama said:
It's not that 4 Rokkas happened to be in the same place, it's that 4 Rokka, one of them whom might be a killer, and one who just rushed with the news of her might being a killer, were there.

think about it as 2 groups meeting
adlet and nashetania were traveling together
and the came across fremy, who was being chased/looked for by goldof
it was not a "chance" goldof was near where fremy was

anyway, i'm going with fremy was just self-defencing herself
wonder why instead some candidates would want to kill other candidates, aside from the glory of being chosen, what else could a chosen rokka gain from it?
imagining someone who tries to kill other canditates can still be considered a worthy canditate themselfes...

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Jul 12, 2015 6:38 AM

Dec 2010
...this anime is kinda slow and that makes kinda relaxing to watch
Jul 12, 2015 6:44 AM

Aug 2014
Just as good as the previous episode, to bad Adlet meets an enemy though xd
Jul 12, 2015 6:52 AM

Dec 2012
That's a really nice characterizations & interactions between Adlet & Nashetania. It's so natural. How they're warming up to each other was nicely done. Really reminded me of Spice and Wolf. Two episodes in & I already attached to Adler & Nashetania. Unfortunately, what I had predicted was happening in this episode. A dip in animation quality. Passione, please do not mess things up. This is not Rail Wars.

Bear said:
Thankfully, looks like best girl's introduced so I'm good.

Best girl? We barely even know her.

Okashi_sama said:

Maybe, just maybe, Goldof had been following & tried to kill Fremy many times right before meeting Nashetania. And maybe that's why Fremy was suspicious about another Brave & those convenient encounters between the Braves happened.

HandsomeMan said:
Pretty bland anime (2 min of action and 20 min of blubber), but I have to say the main character designs are all pretty cool.

Bland because this episode only had a tiny bit of action scene? I never thought of that.
I like anime.
Jul 12, 2015 6:55 AM

Jul 2013
I kinda hate how the princess was portrayed as "weak" in her fight against the demons. Isn't she supposed to be the champion of a fighting tournament? I get that she might be a little nervous but shouldn't be that nervous to the point of panting after throwing a few blades and then freezing when a demon charged at her. Almost as if the whole thing was on purpose to make Adelt look good.
Jul 12, 2015 6:58 AM

Jul 2007
MoeGod said:
I kinda hate how the princess was portrayed as "weak" in her fight against the demons. Isn't she supposed to be the champion of a fighting tournament? I get that she might be a little nervous but shouldn't be that nervous to the point of panting after throwing a few blades and then freezing when a demon charged at her. Almost as if the whole thing was on purpose to make Adelt look good.

Weak? Not so sure. She got attacked by like 10+ fiends after Adlet left and seemed to have absolutely no trouble taking care of them.
Jul 12, 2015 7:04 AM

Dec 2012
MoeGod said:

But he fought humans in the tournament, not fiends. So maybe she's nervous about fighting a different kind of enemies. And maybe the possibility of one of the Braves to get killed on the journey scared her. We were shown how her body's shaken after hearing the story about the old Brave's death. And after her first encounter with the fiends, she seemed fine fighting them on her own.
I like anime.
Jul 12, 2015 7:09 AM

Apr 2013
MoeGod said:

She's not weak, she was anxious in front of her first real battle to death. That's a very human reaction that has nothing to do with her strength.

Just remember, the Rokka are a team of badasses. Each of them got selected as being the strongest. Each of them can take alone head on group of Kyouma that could decimate easily a big group of soldiers. Each of them have their own distinct fighting skill, and those that have yet to be introduced are not weaker at all, quite the contrary. Nashetania is no exception to the rule.
The Kyouma Nashetania killed alone were not weak at all. It was her second real battle, and she fought alone. She has a lot of experience for the use of her ability, so as soon as she calms down everything goes fine. Adlet understand that, and that's why he took the opportunity to let Nashetania kills the fiend while he was occupying them so that she gets confidence.
Jul 12, 2015 7:13 AM

Mar 2014
MoeGod said:
Maybe she was faking it.
Jul 12, 2015 7:42 AM

Sep 2014
Good episode. The CG was out of place, but then again, most of the times CG always out of place in Anime. But I"m liking Princess Bunny quite a bit. Adelt seems nice too. The third character in the end, let's see how she's gonna be like.
Jul 12, 2015 8:10 AM

Feb 2015
Man, does Fremy win best girl already..She saved a pup and I highly doubt she is the Brave Killer but she sure is badass. Really like her design as well.

Really like this episode liked the magic and the cg used for the fiends, they look neat as hell. Also was I the only really thinking that they were running into a trap, I really didn't expect to see fiends this early on..
Also enjoying that ED
Jul 12, 2015 8:19 AM
Mar 2014
People saying it was slow and i was thinking it was maybe too fast and thought they might have skipped somethings that happened in their adventure together.
Jul 12, 2015 8:20 AM
May 2015
I'll say Fremy is best girl just from design with the other chick behind her (don,t think we've said her name....) with Nashe being last. Depends on personality now, which Nashe is last for now because she seems insincere (can't count other chick yet and I've seen Fremy's archetype a lot so might know what to expect). Of course, I do have a bias for gunners (or any type of long range character really)
Jul 12, 2015 8:30 AM

Aug 2013
CGI is ugly
but I like the Bunny Princess..
oh wait..
Jul 12, 2015 8:32 AM
Jan 2014
Did anyone else notice that during the sequence between Fremy and Adlet, Fremy was shown animated with and without a glove on her right hand? Particularly during the gun reloading scene.

Whoops.

Anyways, little details. Still love the adaptation so far, regardless.
Jul 12, 2015 8:34 AM

Jun 2013
well the first half was kinda boring but at least it got better at the second half with a twist at the end
Jul 12, 2015 8:37 AM

Jul 2013
Again a very well done episode. I apploud the stuido on some choices and some I dont. On one part it has a good design concept they are pretty good made from the astetic seting to the the chracter design and the kyoma look a bit different than I expected but I would still give it a plus in terms of variation. Hmm but I ask my self if they might have changed tham in some way like the seting hmmm. Anyway now to the bad things I dont like Fremys design. I dunno but it just... nor do I aprove on the voice acting...The only one I would say perfectly fits is Adlet none the less the princess is ok too. Goldof...ah I dont know. I think a more harsher voice actor might work and Fremy especialy doesnt seem as cold and distances as I thought she would be. Still I will probably get used to tham. The most positiv note by far is that foreshadowing!! I cant remember that happeing in the novels so early but its pretty good and as such I might get a second season so I am all for it.
Jul 12, 2015 8:51 AM

Jan 2015
Solid episode, the new characters are pretty cool, why is eating carrots so wierd though ?? *rabbit genes*
Jul 12, 2015 9:34 AM

Nov 2014
I am not sure what am I watching exactly. I mean I don't hate it but I don't understand a thing.
So far I feel like a young boy who watches an action movie for the sake of the action without understanding the story.

Perhaps within few more episodes I'll be able to have an opinion about the plot and characters, but currently I really don't know if I am hating or liking anything.
Jul 12, 2015 9:41 AM

Apr 2009
The 3D is fine in this actually, although I wish they had used it for the horses as well since apparently whoever draws and animates them does a shit job. Yeah, it's a pet peeve so I never shut up about it lol.

You know, with the ladies' revealing outfits I'm at least glad that they aren't melee fighters.

But why did Nashetania need rescuing in the fight? She can control flying blades for crying out loud, you'd think killing that fiend would have been easy and instinctual.
Jul 12, 2015 9:58 AM

May 2014
Great second episode.
Two new braves revealed.
Great action scenes too, can't believe 10 days passed already. And the ED is as beautiful as always.
Jul 12, 2015 10:10 AM
Mar 2014
EasyGo-er said:
Why can't all LN adaptations be like this? I'd take a medium-budget great adaptation over high-budget rushed adaptation anytime of the day. :<

The 3DCGI didn't really bother me that much, they're decent so far. The pacing is really great its hard to imagine this is a LN adaptation (haven't read the LN but felt like it's really following the LN slow and steady here).

The CGI fiends didn't bother me that much either, but they're still pretty discouraging. Although yeah, I'd still take an adaptation like this over a high-budget rushed one whenever.

I'm just glad we got something like this lol
Rinth said:
Every opinion is not equal. Some opinions are simply made out of shit.

nasuverse > your favorite anime
Jul 12, 2015 10:31 AM

Mar 2010
I wonder why this anime has this weird habit of being interesting only in the last 5 minutes.
Jul 12, 2015 10:42 AM

Jul 2010
I really liked it. Plus the animation was just stunning. I didn't notice any animation drops, but then again the only time I really notice that sort of stuff is if it gets as bad as it did for Tokyo Ghoul. While it's slow, it's still enjoyable, and I found the dialogue entertaining.
Jul 12, 2015 11:14 AM

Jan 2011
nice show! i like the south/middle American touch and of course sweet Nashetania. ^^
Jul 12, 2015 11:27 AM

Feb 2009
I am really getting used to these characters, and I'm starting to like Adlet, so he's OK with me. Now we have 4 braves all in the same area?? Great! I hope Fremy isn't evil though...

Btw, LOVE the ED. Such a beautiful song!

Jul 12, 2015 11:28 AM

Jan 2008
Characters have interesting names, I must say.
Jul 12, 2015 11:31 AM

Jul 2007
HikaruIzumi said:
I wonder why this anime has this weird habit of being interesting only in the last 5 minutes.

Because you are looking an action show in what is actually a mystery story?
Jul 12, 2015 11:33 AM

Oct 2009
Fremy is an interesting character, I hope she'll join the cast ^^
Jul 12, 2015 11:39 AM
Mar 2012
I actually thought the monsters were ok. CGI gives them some otherworldly look. Though I did expect something along the line of these misty tentaclses or something, I was a bit disappointed that the fiends were just your average monster.

*sigh* But - I guess I'm the only one who's annoyed by this, but it's 2015, do we really need the "strong female characters" to have their tits bouncing about freely and being otherwise dressed ridiculously? I mean really, would it destroy the anime to actually have a girl dress sensible and not like a teen boys's wet dream?

Feb 2015
I am not familiar with the source material but it seems they aren't really skipping anything.The episode was slowish but I enjoyed it.Got to admit though,the animation is pretty damn good.Depending on how Adelt actually deals with things in future,"I am the strongest man in the world "is either going to be a catchphrase or memeworthy.

Apr 2013
CookingPriest said:
HikaruIzumi said:

Because you are looking an action show in what is actually a mystery story?

It's a heroic fantasy (so lots of action still involved) /Mystery /psychological though.
There are still action, but well, as you pointed out, it's also mystery, and for mystery/psychological to be bult up properly, they need infos. Lots of them. So to HikaruIzumi, you're not getting lots of action until the mystery and psychological part is properly build up so that things can go properly. If you're in for only the action part, you're in for like 1/3rd of the show. So don't expect to be satisfied more than 1/3 of the time, either.
ZefyrisJul 12, 2015 5:13 PM
Jul 12, 2015 11:40 AM
Jan 2015
I wonder if there's anything to where the tattoos are located.

Nashetania's is on her collarbone, Goldof's is on his biceps, while Flemy and Adlet both have theirs on their respective hands.

We saw Adlet get his mark supernaturally, and Flemy seems trustworthy. I mean, if she were going to kill Adlet, she would have just killed Adlet, right?

The timing of Nashetania going to get Adlet right after the power awakening ceremony might seem to suggest that she got her own power at the same time.

Plus, we find out this episode that Nashetania caused a civil war, presumably due to being some kind of horrifying bunny abomination. It wouldn't be so hard to believe that she was the spy.
Jul 12, 2015 12:49 PM

Oct 2011
Fremy is the Rokka killer 0___0

I don't trust Godouf
Jul 12, 2015 12:53 PM

Mar 2015
Fremy....that was a nice entrance.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rokka no Yuusha Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 19, 2015

983 by ItsViny »»
Apr 22, 7:36 PM

Poll: » Who is the strongest of the braves? ( 1 2 )

jbeat - Jul 25, 2015

65 by Talamare »»
Apr 16, 4:00 PM

Poll: » Do you have a favorite character? ( 1 2 3 )

IncestEmblem - Aug 18, 2015

111 by Gator »»
Nov 29, 2023 12:41 PM

Poll: » Rokka no Yuusha Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 12, 2015

884 by Gator »»
Nov 29, 2023 8:18 AM

Poll: » Rokka no Yuusha Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 5, 2015

576 by Gator »»
Nov 28, 2023 8:46 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.