Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Charlotte Episode 2 Discussion

Jul 12, 2015 1:20 AM

Oh man, this is just beyond creepy ;_;
Psst...
Hey, You use Windows 10? Great!
Wanna try Cafeine to simplify accessing your collections, or even your "collections"? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
No no no, you won't find it in the market, or even a store, no.

Try it first before others gotta get it publicly sooner or later!

Thank you.

Jul 12, 2015 1:22 AM

I feel weird now. First 30% of 1st episode felt like Code Geass, 70% like Haruhi Suzumya.
Second episode feels like Angel Beats. All of them watered down version of original of course
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Jul 12, 2015 1:33 AM

DarklordVor said:
How in any way that those 2 scenes are important enough to the story line? The story about terrorism and freedom?

So please tell me how does the inconsistency of Joujirou is important so that you need to think about this.

Pat_To_Do-List said:
Like I said, "And I really do not understand why the school do not at least punish Joujirou for what he's been doing at the cafetaria. I mean, Joujirou just said he often uses his power to buy sandwiches & look what he caused after he bought those sandwiches in this episode. Students, tables, chairs flying everywhere. Glass shards probably hurting the students. With that level of destruction, I would not be surprised if someone got/will be killed. And from the cashier's expression, it seems Joujirou has done it many times & she tolerates it? From that, we can conclude that there's no action taken for what he's been doing."

Again, I never said anything about them being important to the story line. You have to differentiate between consistent & important to the main storyline. Are you sure you understand what inconsistency in narrative is?
And please answer my question about that bikini scene, if you do not mind.

Just want to clear things up, I am not saying this type of comedy could make or break an anime. It's simply not a good way to integrate comedy. It's bad, but that does not make the whole anime bad.

Lollo36 said:
1) The explaination of why Nao is alone is so stupid that my headcanon has already overwritten it with "Nao fakes every positive emotion she expresses, she's just putting up a strong front, so she's creepy". I doubt that the writer thought of this, but I hope that Joujirou was just trying to avoid telling Yuu that everyone in class already realized that, in reality, she's just a really sad and gloomy person.
Also, Joujirou hasn't hurt ANYONE yet, except himself. He's also just as lonely as Nao (or at least it seems like it's the case)
2) Deal with it XD, we could try and nitpick through every scene to find small stuff like this, but I don't think it's beneficial to the viewing experience.

I don't know if you've seen it, but I've added a 3) that says: he's part of the student council, the school needs him, so they might be more forgiving with him.

1) But so far, that's the only explanation we got about her being all alone. So we treat this case as inconsistent until there's some explanation that disprove it.
Really? Glass shards from the shattered glass? The students literally flying with the chairs & tables? At least one of them got hurt. That kind of incident was too explosive to not hurt anyone at all. The anime did not tell us does not mean it did not happen.

2) But still, you agree that's ridiculously stupid, right?

3) Oh. Your 3rd answer was not there when I read it. But yeah, I hope that's the case. At least a bit of explanation.
I like anime.

Jul 12, 2015 1:36 AM

Yuu_vi_Britannia said:
DarklordVor said:

Wait are you trying to talk about Udoh the archery guy? Then,

-He only tried to harm Nao, and if Nao is fine with it then she's fine with it. Unlike Yuu who deliberately tries to kill a guy in an accident.
-Did Yuu received punishment after he tried to kill a guy? Other than Nao who is irritated by him trying to murder a guy, he was not punished by a teacher.
-Their student council main purpose was to get these people to school. I don't see why he's not forced to enter the school. He's not in the student council because his power is not useful nor important. What do you need a lingerie weirdo for?

The guy damaged all the girls, he took the photos, the girls can be blackmailed with these photos and forced to do what the owners of the photos want, otherwise they would show the picture to everyone.
The own Udoh made this blackmail the Nao.

-------------------------------------------------------------

can only be a joke.
'' Unlike Yuu who deliberately tries to kill a guy in an accident. ''
He showed the intent to kill?
He mentioned that he wanted to kill the driver?
After the accident he showed relief?
So he had no intenssão to kill, only causing the accident, he acted with recklessness that does not make him a killer.
Yuu did not try to kill the driver truck, stop talking this nonsense, he never had the intention to kill the driver truck, he wanted to cause the accident, he acted without thinking of the consequences, but never demonstrated the intention to kill the driver truck,so much he was relieved when they said the truck drivers was fine.

--------------------------------------------------------------

You really do not pay attention.
The accident of Yuu happened outside of school.
Emiya Shiro was in school, his actions have damaged school students, since he was not invited to join the school of Nao, the certain if to do in this situation,
é entregar ele para as pessoas responsaveis pela escola, para que ele possa ser punido pelas suas ações. So he went out unpunished as if nothing had happened. No one has the guarantee that it does not return to commit the same mistakes.

--------------------------------------------------------------

The minimum they should have done was invite him to enter the school, more in the end he was free and unpunished, and all he did was swept low carpet.

Fine so Udoh blackmailed Nao and maybe other girls. But tell me again how Yuu could not have done the same thing? He possessed other girl's body to look their underwear, I think he could use that same power to take picture and blackmail the girl.

He had no intention to kill. But he clearly took the risk of killing that guy. Imagine if the air bag did not popped out. The driver would be dead and everything would gone wrong and he'd just shrug it off because no one knows.

And how do you know that this Udoh is not going to be put under surveillance? What Yuu done was outside of school, and Nao is not on 24 hours shift to look out for Yuu. How do you know that Yuu will not risk other people's life to get what he wants again?

Please tell me in what country does an ATTEMPTED MURDER for selfish reason, even if it's not planned, is more appropriate than a person who needs money for his sick parents and that his act will end once he started blackmail someone. Please, even that one guy who ratted him out did not even think twice to leak info, what do you think the police will do to catch this Udoh?

Jul 12, 2015 1:37 AM

They are not being subtle that something tragic is going to happen to the annoying imouto.

Jul 12, 2015 1:42 AM

Pat_To_Do-List said:
[
1) But so far, that's the only explanation we got about her being all alone. So we treat this case as inconsistent until there's some explanation that disprove it.
Really? Glass shards from the shattered glass? The students literally flying with the chairs & tables? At least one of them got hurt. That kind of incident was too explosive to not hurt anyone at all. The anime did not tell us does not mean it did not happen.

2) But still, you agree that's ridiculously stupid, right?

1) It's not inconsistent because Joujirou is alone too XD. I didn't see anyone else except Yuu and Nao talking with him.
2) What's the point of putting a camera there if you don't point it towards the register? LOL.
I don't care about it because we got a funny scene out of it, at least.
Modified by Lollo36, Jul 12, 2015 1:50 AM

Jul 12, 2015 1:49 AM

Pat_To_Do-List said:
DarklordVor said:
How in any way that those 2 scenes are important enough to the story line? The story about terrorism and freedom?

So please tell me how does the inconsistency of Joujirou is important so that you need to think about this.

Again, I never said anything about them being important to the story line. You have to differentiate between consistent & important to the main storyline. Are you sure you understand what inconsistency in narrative is?
And please answer my question about that bikini scene, if you do not mind.

Just want to clear things up, I am not saying this type of comedy could make or break an anime. It's simply not a good way to integrate comedy. It's bad, but that does not make the whole anime bad.

Inconsistency according to http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/inconsistency
something that is not in agreement or not regular

And Narrative
a spoken or written account of connected events; a story.

Then inconsistency in narrative means something irregular that do not connect an event or a story.

The example I just used, which was swimsuit scene. This scene is taken from R2 episode 5, where Villetta Nu leads this swimming club for the event of largest pizza in the world. This is an action themed anime, with cool MC and blood all around with machine-like Gundam. So how does this episode CONNECT with the story at all? How does an event at school, would affect the story at all? Other than just shrug it off as one of those fanservice happy episode. The whole episode is a comedy, CC getting thrown to a tomato machine is inconsistent to the story, yet still funny enough.

Also there was that one episode where Lelouch was trying to catch a cat. That's very inconsistent to his cool personality right? I don't see that as bad.
Modified by DarklordVor, Jul 12, 2015 1:52 AM

Jul 12, 2015 1:51 AM

That teleportation power is useful after all, it prevent noa from getting a hole in his head

Jul 12, 2015 1:55 AM

Lollo36 said:
1) It's not inconsistent because Joujirou is alone too XD. I didn't see anyone else except Yuu and Nao talking with him.
2) What's the point of putting a camera there if you don't point it at the register? LOL.
I don't care about it because we got a funny scene out of it, at least.

1) The inconsistency I am talking about is not only that. The part where he bleed from his head was inconsistent too. The comedy in this anime really badly integrated.

2) As long as you see the stupidity of it, it's fine. What surprises me is when someone disagrees about how stupid it was.
I like anime.

Jul 12, 2015 2:07 AM

DarklordVor said:
The example I just used, which was swimsuit scene. This scene is taken from R2 episode 5, where Villetta Nu leads this swimming club for the event of largest pizza in the world. This is an action themed anime, with cool MC and blood all around with machine-like Gundam. So how does this episode CONNECT with the story at all? How does an event at school, would affect the story at all? Other than just shrug it off as one of those fanservice happy episode. The whole episode is a comedy, CC getting thrown to a tomato machine is inconsistent to the story, yet still funny enough.

Also there was that one episode where Lelouch was trying to catch a cat. That's very inconsistent to his cool personality right? I don't see that as bad.

No, that's not what inconsistency in narrative is. Close yet so far. You cannot use a dictionary to understand a specific term like this. Please read these articles. These articles talk about inconsistency in narrative a.k.a. plot hole. The 2nd one especially is a really good article. -->

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/PlotHole

http://generallycritical.com/2014/08/14/nitpicking-and-narrative-inconsistencies/

Those are not inconsistency in narrative, those are just episodic episode which unrelated to the main plot. It's different. It seems you really do not understand about inconsistency in narrative. Then I suggest we stop this discussion. I am sorry for all the troubles. And thank you.
I like anime.

Jul 12, 2015 2:12 AM

Pat_To_Do-List said:
DarklordVor said:

No, that's not what inconsistency in narrative is. Close yet so far. You cannot use a dictionary to understand a specific term like this. Please read these articles. These articles talk about inconsistency in narrative a.k.a. plot hole. The 2nd one especially is a really good article. -->

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/PlotHole

http://generallycritical.com/2014/08/14/nitpicking-and-narrative-inconsistencies/

Those are not inconsistency in narrative, those are just episodic episode which unrelated to the main plot. It's different. It seems you really do not understand about inconsistency in narrative. Then I suggest we stop this discussion. I am sorry for all the troubles. And thank you.

Yeah it seems we got into a pointless discussion. Although to sum it up, does this mean you're nitpicking over one small scene of an episode?

Jul 12, 2015 2:15 AM

DarklordVor said:
Yeah it seems we got into a pointless discussion. Although to sum it up, does this mean you're nitpicking over one small scene of an episode?

No, I am not. And do not forget to read those articles if you want to know what inconsistency in narrative/plot hole is.
Modified by Pat_To_Do-List, Jul 12, 2015 2:22 AM
I like anime.

Jul 12, 2015 2:25 AM

Hrm.... this thread is beginning to go in a really weird direction.

I enjoyed them making an attempt to explain the situation behind Nao's character and her history.
I think it's safe to assume that her previous situation as a guinea pig caused her distrust of classmates, and I'm guessing that it was due to her and her brother's subsequent rescue from the evil scientists that caused her to develop her obsession for saving people with abilities. The first part of the show indicated as much. I'm really pissed off at Nao's mother though. Seriously how can she even sleep at night knowing she sold her kids off as experiments?

They decided against forcing Emiya Shirou from changing schools because they managed to convince him to stop using his ability for selfish purposes, but decided to force Yuu's transfer on the account of his ability being useful and that he has a sister? Wait, what if that Emiya had siblings too? Wouldn't they have to monitor them as well?

I actually liked that Yuu still seemed to be unconvinced about the detriments of using his own ability for selfish purposes, up till his dinner with his sister. Still, I'd rather he kept his cynical, sinister attitude somewhat, it may come in handy for when the ability user they're trying to stop is a bona-fide bad guy. Sometimes you just have to fight fire with fire after all.

So now we have a mysterious benefactor. Wonder who it is.
HESTIAAPPROVES

Jul 12, 2015 2:27 AM

lia <3 like the op

pretty good episode, got dark pretty quickly with nao's brother

Jul 12, 2015 2:28 AM

Yuu_vi_Britannia said:
Lollo36 said:

Why do you think Nao is sinister?
The other parties mentioned by you i agree.

After seeing her extremely calm reactions when they went to her brother, I started thinking that she forces herself to act strong and cheerful when she has to. Her funny and happy expressions before that scene already seemed a bit fake and suspicious to me, and her flashback kind of confirmed my worries. The "real" Nao is the gloomy person who eats lunch alone while listening to music from her brother's band. The happy Nao is just a mask that she wears when she has to do her job to prevent people from experiencing what she had to go through.
One more thing: the fact that she was basically surrounded by fake friends while her brother was being experimented on, is probably an indication that she's not alone because of the bullshit Joujirou said, but because she doesn't trust others.
Of course, I could be wrong.

Jul 12, 2015 2:33 AM

Yuu_vi_Britannia said:
I think she never watched kekkai Sensen, which serves as a good example

It's "he," not "she." But yeah, I think he really should watch Kekkai Sensen & witness how well-integrated the comedy is.
I like anime.

Jul 12, 2015 2:33 AM

Yuu_vi_Britannia said:

If Udoh was really serious about killing Nao, he would have not missed. We see that his archery skill was very very good as he gets a bulls-eye, yet he missed her in a point blank range.

As stated by Nao in the beginning of episode 2, that the student council's mission is to threaten or protect people with powers. Nao took the threatening way of telling him to the police so that he's not going to do it again. We did not see what happened in the end with Udoh, for all we know he could have been transferred to their school.

Yuu was put into the student council because his power is useful. How does looking through clothes ability by thought is useful? Otherwise they would just threaten Yuu to not use his power. Also because Yuu run away from the interrogation room, it leads to surveillance because they know that Yuu is not really a guy who will admit his mistake, while Udoh was pretty much moved or scared by Nao.

Jul 12, 2015 2:52 AM

It's quite a promising series. The opening has a very KEY vibe to it; I'm interested to see where this is going: probably going to be a heart-string-tugging series by the end of it? :/

Jul 12, 2015 2:56 AM

i like episode 2.

Jul 12, 2015 2:56 AM

Great episode!!! Love the comedy and tragic backstory of Nao, Nao is pretty likable and cute, tragic brother though, I feel so sorry.... Glad to see Yuu learning more about the outside world and being part of the student council as well~ Teleportation ability LOL, dem injuries tho. Amazing OP and ED song.

HawkEye6591 said:
I feel like rewatching Angel Beats.. again..

sameee, based key, based Jun Maeda, based Lia and Aoi Tada, based PA Works.

Jul 12, 2015 3:06 AM

Yuu_vi_Britannia said:
achei que fosse ela.
No news on the last episode?
anime sold well.

What does "achei que fosse ela" mean?
None whatsoever. I really want to know the last episode & how bombastic/crazy it will be.
I heard of that too.
I like anime.

Jul 12, 2015 3:11 AM

OP has amazing visuals and I like the ED as well.
Lol, Takajo's power is freakin' incredible. Too bad it hurts.
I wish Udoh would have shown Nao's picture.

Nao is so adorable! Too bad she didn't have it good when she was younger.
I bet the person she trusts is Yuu's older brother!
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.

Jul 12, 2015 3:36 AM

I was really weirded out by the protagonist's attitude this episode. Given his personality and the fact that he was basically forced into joining student council, i'd expect him to at least try to resist, complain, or whatever that shows that he's still the same guy from the first episode. But no, he just perfectly plays along with the two's schemes like it's nothing. Hell, i was half expecting him to sabotage the capture and ruin it just for the shit and giggles, because it's so like him. But it didn't happen. Him dropping his jerkassness altogether and becoming completely docile in just the second episode just left me scratching my head.

Jul 12, 2015 3:43 AM

Amiluhur said:
I was really weirded out by the protagonist's attitude this episode. Given his personality and the fact that he was basically forced into joining student council, i'd expect him to at least try to resist, complain, or whatever that shows that he's still the same guy from the first episode. But no, he just perfectly plays along with the two's schemes like it's nothing. Hell, i was half expecting him to sabotage the capture and ruin it just for the shit and giggles, because it's so like him. But it didn't happen. Him dropping his jerkassness altogether and becoming completely docile in just the second episode just left me scratching my head.

He hasn't changed at all:
Lollo36 said:
What exactly should he have done? He's basically been blackmailed by the student council, and if he doesn't help them, they might not even give him and his sister enough money to eat properly. If he manages to run away, he might get caught by the eeeevil scientists.
He's ready to cheat again in class, but then he sees that the other two are his classmates. He doesn't even contribute to the investigation until Nao basically has to drag him over to their target.
He's barely shocked by Nao's backstory and her brother, and his main worry is "I might end up like him and I'll have to abandon my sister".
I posted two hilariously douchey quotes from him in this thread, too.
None of his traits have disappeared, he didn't suddenly become mr. nice guy.
Modified by Lollo36, Jul 12, 2015 3:48 AM

Jul 12, 2015 3:44 AM
I liked thw second episode better. And it gives me some Rewrite vibes too.

Jul 12, 2015 3:49 AM
Oh my, Nao mother was really condemning her children to a life of lab rats.

I still don't get as to why this anime is titled "Charlotte" and who the fuck is 'Charlotte?"

Jul 12, 2015 4:05 AM

Yuu_vi_Britannia said:
Lollo36 said:

He hasn't changed at all:

[b]It's sad, because character development always comes down to making characters lose their flaws, when an actual person doesn't lose their flaws just because a few things happen. Some people, even when aware of their personality flaws, cannot let go of them ever.

Character development should be about making characters round. Showing that there's more to them than what meets the eye. They've got their good side and their bad side. They've got their virtues and flaws. They may preach one thing, but at times act opposite to what they talk. Etc...

Good and memorable characters always have flaws and keep them.
Hell, people talk about Lelouch a lot in these threads, but he had plenty of issues he never worked on and several times made the stupidest mistakes due to those flaws. And that was part of what made him a good and likeable character.

Character development shouldn't be there to turn a character into a moral-teaching, but to turn it into a person, and people are not perfect, and that's precisely what makes people interesting.[b]

Umm I think you need to learn what character development is, and the difference between it and characterization.

Either way, stop derailing the forum.

Jul 12, 2015 4:21 AM

Yuu_vi_Britannia said:
KamiCity said:

Umm I think you need to learn what character development is, and the difference between it and characterization.

I disagree with you.
I will use the example of Han solo - star wars

Han solo is an arrogant rogue at both the beginning and end of star wars, that's who his character is. But he also develops to care about his friends and maybe a little about the rebellion by the end of the movie, that's his arc. He's still got real defects, but they're the things who make him who he is.

Anime, especially in the last however many years, doesn't seem to get this. Characters, especially main characters, are all completely flawless except for one quirk, and either that quirk just disappears for no reason once the business of the plot gets underway, or their arc is to iron out that one quirk. Booooriiiing.
Yuu_vi_Britannia said:
KamiCity said:

I disagree with you.
I will use the example of Han solo - star wars

Han solo is an arrogant rogue at both the beginning and end of star wars, that's who his character is. But he also develops to care about his friends and maybe a little about the rebellion by the end of the movie, that's his arc. He's still got real defects, but they're the things who make him who he is.

Anime, especially in the last however many years, doesn't seem to get this. Characters, especially main characters, are all completely flawless except for one quirk, and either that quirk just disappears for no reason once the business of the plot gets underway, or their arc is to iron out that one quirk. Booooriiiing.

Pretty sure you have no idea what you are talking about, I rarely see any MC's who are not flawed, so again stop derailing the forum.

Jul 12, 2015 4:54 AM

I wonder what the sister's power are gonna be

Jul 12, 2015 5:21 AM

Valaskjalf said:
I wonder what the sister's power are gonna be

Dying.

Jul 12, 2015 5:56 AM

I'll be surprised if that mysterious school/hospital founder is not MC's father. Other than that, it will probably be one of very few series I'll look forward to see this season.
Ii tenki desu ne...

Jul 12, 2015 6:00 AM

This episode was good as well, explained some of the plot, funny cafeteria scene (Megane ftw!), that whole pursuing the thoughtography (?) guy scene (which was epic imo) and that backstory deym.

I really like the OP. Nice visuals and great animation, as expected from P.A. Works (I'm starting to like this studio, tbh). And I really like the "falling from the sky" scene featuring Nao and Yuu. Also, that Yuu in the beginning where he smirks and shows of his eye abilities:
https://scontent-sin1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xat1/v/t1.0-9/11737910_1442412696083693_2259590673918560148_n.jpg?oh=e7ff74315e003ac464e2edb6976175e3&oe=561CBB58
So hnnnggg~
I'm also curious about who those five persons shown briefly in the op sequence.
The ED is nice too, kawaii Nao. (She's a big eater omg.)

Can't wait for the next episode (hopefully we'll see Yusa now). It's gradually turning into a feels ride. Expecting for more good episodes.
[I really hope this anime turns out great. /crosses fingers]

Jul 12, 2015 6:02 AM

meh, it only took one episode to make me lose interest. I was hoping for more silly, stupid, goofy stuff but apparently that's just wishful thinking considering that this is by J Maeda, the king of shitty melodramas.

Jul 12, 2015 6:07 AM

jesus that brother looked messed up
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Jul 12, 2015 6:11 AM

therandomestguy said:
I'm kind of confused about Joujirou's power now.

Supposedly it's teleportation but, if he was just teleporting he wouldn't have been able to grab those sandwiches or drop the money, and he wouldn't have been able to grab the arrow right?

So it seems that his power is actually an extreme burst of speed, in which he can not only fly extremely fast in the direction he jumps, but also think and move extremely fast while in mid-jump.

Must be a mistranslation because I'm almost 99% sure that it's just super-speed. Either that or Jun doesn't know what teleportation is.

Jul 12, 2015 6:15 AM

NudeBear said:
therandomestguy said:
I'm kind of confused about Joujirou's power now.

Supposedly it's teleportation but, if he was just teleporting he wouldn't have been able to grab those sandwiches or drop the money, and he wouldn't have been able to grab the arrow right?

So it seems that his power is actually an extreme burst of speed, in which he can not only fly extremely fast in the direction he jumps, but also think and move extremely fast while in mid-jump.

Must be a mistranslation because I'm almost 99% sure that it's just super-speed. Either that or Jun doesn't know what teleportation is.

It's a mistranslation by Crunchyroll, other fansub groups translate it as breackneck-speed movement.

Jul 12, 2015 6:16 AM

Yuu seems more likeable in this episode than in the previous. But damn poor Nao having to deal with losing her brother and those "friends" of hers. Considering what was said, I'm wondering whether Ayumi also got some kind of special power now.

Jul 12, 2015 6:18 AM

ITT: Autism

Jul 12, 2015 6:24 AM

tsudecimo said:
ITT: Autism

Examples?

Jul 12, 2015 6:35 AM

SLOW DOWN IM NOT READY TO CRY YET >.<

Jul 12, 2015 6:37 AM

What those scientists did to them (mainly the brother) is inhumane. Ayumi seriously never runs out of energy ay. She's insanely hyper. Lol.

Do the kids with special powers that the student council capture or lecture all transfer to that school also?
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket

Jul 12, 2015 6:43 AM

One can definitely tell that this OP is KEY. Really liked it.

Good episode overall, laughed my ass off during every "teleport" scene. Nao's backstory was interesting aswell although a bit sad with her brother and all.

Excited about possible ability of Ayumi!

Jul 12, 2015 6:57 AM

Primeval said:
SLOW DOWN IM NOT READY TO CRY YET >.<

Do not cry. I know this anime is not that good so far, but it still has the potential to be good. Maybe the next episode will be good. Who knows?
I like anime.

Jul 12, 2015 7:11 AM

I haven't seen the second episode yet(I am about to now anyways) but why so many comparisons in this thread with Shirou?

Jul 12, 2015 7:12 AM

laidellent said:
I haven't seen the second episode yet(I am about to now anyways) but why so many comparisons in this thread with Shirou?

Redhaired archer of the archer class

Jul 12, 2015 7:16 AM

laidellent said:

Easter egg/reference during an archery scene. There seems to be a lot of references and nods to other popular animes in this show lol

Jul 12, 2015 7:33 AM

Takajou's power is pretty impressive, despite the fact that he crashes into anything and everything when he uses it. Seeing the other students eating in the cafeteria peacefully, then a second later, blown into the air along with the tables and chairs was hilarious. =D

Nao and her brother went through hell alright, being sold off by their mother, then the heartless bastard scientists experimenting on Nao's brother, then pretty much disposing him when he was of no use anymore. At least her brother is now in a much better hospital now.

The scenery shots looked beautiful, along with the visuals in the OP, ED and the first look at the council room. P.A. Works and their attention-to-detail visuals are always a joy to view! =D

Jul 12, 2015 7:34 AM

Well....this was a better episode I guess. No more crappy comedy this episode, apart from the 5 seconds in the end. Let's see how this goes.

Jul 12, 2015 7:38 AM

Absolutely loving the OP...really interested. The EDs nice as well.

Nao had it bad..but I'm guess their older brother also fits into this same picture somehow? Anyway looking forward to the next episode

Jul 12, 2015 8:06 AM
Paulo27 said:
And yet that's not how it works, you can't simply torture someone and get away with it somehow because &quot;politics&quot;.
Well actually you can and the United states are the best exemple...Guantanamo *cough*. When you have more money and army you can threaten or buy off those that would oppose your actions quite easily.

Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »