Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Charlotte Episode 2 Discussion


Jul 11, 2015 7:30 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 580
i loved the op

i'm so intrigued by this
 
Jul 11, 2015 7:42 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 695
Pretty good opening
Poor Nao and her brother =(
What happened to him in the lab kind of has a Maximum Ride feel to it (that's a book series)
So they didn't bother bringing that guy to their school huh...I don't see how his ability would be useful anyways, unless he could see hidden objects under people's clothes or something.
I wonder if Ayumi has a special ability, and if she does I wonder what it is
Modified by BlackFox24, Jul 11, 2015 7:45 PM
 
Jul 11, 2015 7:46 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 412
So how long until the imouto gets killed? she's really annoying

overall, great episode. The OP song is great.
 
Jul 11, 2015 7:47 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 186
DGemu said:
tommy73 said:
I'm liking Nao's character. Probably the least obnoxious character in the show.

Really? Did we watch the same episode? She is one of the most, just look at her attitude.

Huh, and why? She is determined, competent and has a good reason to do what she does, unlike all the other chars we've seen so far. MC has been introduced as an egoistic asshole, his sister is mostly annoying and the glasses guy causes more collateral damage on average than he does good, but what would you hate Nao for?
 
Jul 11, 2015 7:55 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 257
Jerkhov said:
I didn't watch anything else by key yet so I'm fine with it.


Yep, this. Or maybe the others are exaggerating and it's just cool to bash Maeda and Key

 
Jul 11, 2015 8:03 PM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 1301
meh episode, im started losing interest once they started pulling cliched character backstories and melodrama, back to typical key arent we?
 
Jul 11, 2015 8:27 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 354
I liked the first episode better but this episode was good too. There was less focus on Yu but we got to know a bit more about the other characters. I like Nao but her personality is a bit strange. I can't wrap my head around it yet but maybe I'll figure out exactly what she's like after watching a few more episodes. I'm always fond of the stranger characters though so it's not a problem for me.
The tragic back-story is quite something but some parts are a bit confusing. Takajo chased Yu across town in the first episode so he's obviously not trying to hide his powers. The whole matter with the scientists needs some more explanation. Hopefully we'll get to know more in the future.
We didn't get to see Yu being a bastard but he was already making plans when he introduced himself to his new class... until he saw Nao and Takajo. He's not a nice guy just yet but honestly, what can he really do now? He was using his powers to cheat on tests; he can't do that now. He was targeting Yumi. He can't do that now either and he hasn't found a girl he wants to target. So he's just going along with the flow for the time being. And it was nice to see him worrying about his sister ending up like Tomori. I doubt we'll be seeing him behave like a bad guy after that though... That's too bad but I'll take it. The show's still pretty enjoyable.
Looking forward to the next episode... whose preview I can't find. Where's the episode 3 preview? Can someone please tell me?
MALoween 2017 Candy:
 
Jul 11, 2015 8:37 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 2140
Really liked the first half. Second half was a little off-putting (boo hoo she has a sad backstory). Still, overall a really promising episode. Can't wait for more.
 
Jul 11, 2015 9:02 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 8562
Nao's past T)______T
 
Jul 11, 2015 9:27 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 1887
Lia! Not the greatest OP, but at last it's not Lisa. Key finally told her to f off. After two episodes, Nao is just diminishing as a character for me. Just this one episode, you can see all the Key tropes being pulled out again. Jun must got a guitar fetish, seriously.


 
Jul 11, 2015 9:32 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 176
I like this episode. Her past was kinda sad. Everyone is financially unstable. Her brother is a wreck.

I can only imagine what the next episode will be like
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Jul 11, 2015 10:12 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 7931
I am hoping that the MC and his sister will get caught and experimented then he'll have to use his power to destroy the people that do this to them. Its Code Geass all over agian.
I'd paid for MAL Supporter if it mean I can use bigger signature.
 
Jul 11, 2015 10:15 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 2620
Anybody can see the way this is going but it still has potential. Maeda said he wrote AB like writing a game scenario and didn't with this so this should be better.

The MC is Kanye of ABP all over again.
 
Jul 11, 2015 10:29 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 15458
So there is a reason why Nao was being annoying and forces someone not to abuse their imperfect power, she gets my respect for that.
Hope Ayumi has special power too...
....and they better explains what Charlotte is, I thought it was Nao's name
Modified by Rinrinka, Jul 11, 2015 10:41 PM
 
Jul 11, 2015 10:33 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 958
why didn't they recruit emiya shiro to their school even though he has a special ability too?
 
Jul 11, 2015 10:37 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 4876
Sorry, but I am still not impressed by this. The over-the-top comedy felt so out of place, especially the "bleeding on the head" comedy. It was very out of place & made the anime looks inconsistent. I mean, Joujirou should've had some treatment with his head(a bandage or something). But nope, he's just fine after that bleeding scene.

And I really do not understand why the school do not at least punish Joujirou for what he's been doing at the cafetaria. I mean, Joujirou just said he often uses his power to buy sandwiches & look what he caused after he bought those sandwiches in this episode. Students, tables, chairs flying everywhere. Glass shards probably hurting the students. With that level of destruction, I would not be surprised if someone got/will be killed. And from the cashier's expression, it seems Joujirou has done it many times & she tolerates it? From that, we can conclude that there's no action taken for what he's been doing.

Oh, yeah. There's one thing that I found funny. The part where we were shown Nao's huge writing on the wall that says "I'm Out!!" with red paint. That's just ridiculous. They really want to add shock value in this anime.
I like anime.
 
Jul 11, 2015 10:51 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 13
One of my favorite this season!
The story of Nao's brother was so heartbreaking </3
 
Jul 11, 2015 10:52 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 7942
What I can think about first was "Oh look! The MC didn't sit right next to the window!"

The MC turns to good. He should be. Not even Lelouch was an asshole right off the bat.

I feel bad for Nao, getting sold out by her own mother. Her mother saying better financially means that she SELLS them. Damn... I can't believe how tragic it is. Nao is too cute~


I'm loving the glasses guy. He's funny as hell.

 
Jul 11, 2015 10:55 PM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 1705
For someone who really disliked Angel Beats I'm glad this series is nothing like it.
 
Jul 11, 2015 10:58 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 6475
AB knockoff.

Typical Key story and characters. I won't drop it but I doubt this will get more interesting the further the plot goes.
 
Jul 11, 2015 11:07 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 103
CookingPriest said:
Annnd droped.

This turned into typical Key copy pasta.
The MC is devolving into goodie two shoes by exploring his FEEEELINGS and being AMAAAAAZED at all those NIIIICE people.
We already started KEY's trademark sobstory backstories but its way too hectic to "feel" anything.
We got some mystery stuff and scifi stuff but it all feels like an afterthought to otaku pandering.
We also got some out of place angel-beatsy "comedy"
The rest of episode filled with typical KEY dirty otaku bait

This really does feel like Angel Beats 2 and nope nope nope I am not sitting down for such a trainwreck again.

2/5 and bye.


+1
dislike nao tomori character






 
Jul 11, 2015 11:08 PM
Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 57
did someone notice AB reference on Nao's Brother room its Sad Machine Poster from AB?

on other issue: wow someone created a account just to spam this thread and qoute a bashing drop reply .....i guess myanimelist doesnt care about its accounts nowadays ehhhh.......trolls/idiocy more incoming on other notes: i guess this neccesary build episode for nao[due her mystery personality like Kanade[her mostly near end episode of the anime[ but this one...fast is good to have but more feels to come

i would rate 4/5

OP is catchy to watch due doing cute things on it while ED smoothing closure for the anime
 
Jul 11, 2015 11:22 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 7942
Yuu_vi_Britannia said:
Pat_To_Do-List said:
Sorry, but I am still not impressed by this. The over-the-top comedy felt so out of place, especially the "bleeding on the head" comedy. It was very out of place & made the anime looks inconsistent. I mean, Joujirou should've had some treatment with his head(a bandage or something). But nope, he's just fine after that bleeding scene.

And I really do not understand why the school do not at least punish Joujirou for what he's been doing at the cafetaria. I mean, Joujirou just said he often uses his power to buy sandwiches & look what he caused after he bought those sandwiches in this episode. Students, tables, chairs flying everywhere. Glass shards probably hurting the students. With that level of destruction, I would not be surprised if someone got/will be killed. And from the cashier's expression, it seems Joujirou has done it many times & she tolerates it? From that, we can conclude that there's no action taken for what he's been doing.

Oh, yeah. There's one thing that I found funny. The part where we were shown Nao's huge writing on the wall that says "I'm Out!!" with red paint. That's just ridiculous. They really want to add shock value in this anime.


Some people think acts like this are funny and beautiful, morally and legally correct, some are in love with this guy.



And some guy are in love with a guy who did this. RIP truck driver no one cares about. Double standards everywhere.

 
Jul 11, 2015 11:29 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 15459
gotta love the backgrounds in this show.
pretty nice episode, nao seems a lot more likeable now.
 
Jul 11, 2015 11:34 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 2620
Pat_To_Do-List said:
Sorry, but I am still not impressed by this. The over-the-top comedy felt so out of place, especially the &quot;bleeding on the head&quot; comedy. It was very out of place &amp; made the anime looks inconsistent. I mean, Joujirou should've had some treatment with his head(a bandage or something). But nope, he's just fine after that bleeding scene.

And I really do not understand why the school do not at least punish Joujirou for what he's been doing at the cafetaria. I mean, Joujirou just said he often uses his power to buy sandwiches &amp; look what he caused after he bought those sandwiches in this episode. Students, tables, chairs flying everywhere. Glass shards probably hurting the students. With that level of destruction, I would not be surprised if someone got/will be killed. And from the cashier's expression, it seems Joujirou has done it many times &amp; she tolerates it? From that, we can conclude that there's no action taken for what he's been doing.


You're being a bit too serious though. They are normal comedic scenes in anime, and him having no bandages etc is not a problem in itself even if the comedy is not funny.
 
Jul 11, 2015 11:44 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 4876
Yuu_vi_Britannia said:
Some people think acts like this are funny and beautiful, morally and legally correct, some are in love with this guy.


Really? That's a surprise.


DarklordVor said:
And some guy are in love with a guy who did this. RIP truck driver no one cares about. Double standards everywhere.

Double standards? What do you mean?


Man_Lanz said:
You're being a bit too serious though. They are normal comedic scenes in anime, and him having no bandages etc is not a problem in itself even if the comedy is not funny.

They are normal in comedy & mainstream shounen anime, but not normal in anime as a whole.
Why is "no bandages" thing is not a problem? That's inconsistency in the narrative.
I like anime.
 
Jul 11, 2015 11:51 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 7942
Pat_To_Do-List said:
Yuu_vi_Britannia said:
Some people think acts like this are funny and beautiful, morally and legally correct, some are in love with this guy.


Really? That's a surprise.


DarklordVor said:
And some guy are in love with a guy who did this. RIP truck driver no one cares about. Double standards everywhere.

Double standards? What do you mean?



People liking on everything that Yuu has done and justifies him. While the guy with the glasses, who is for comedic reason do that thing, was hated by people.

 
Jul 11, 2015 11:53 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 2313
Wow. This is turning out to be a clone of AB!

Nao = Yurippe
Yuu = Otonashi
Joujirou = Hinata

Nao and Ayumi are getting on my nerves -_-

Same format, different show.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Jul 11, 2015 11:53 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 15459
orchidork said:
why didn't they recruit emiya shiro to their school even though he has a special ability too?

i was wondering about that too, i thought they'd invite everyone with special abilities to their school, but apparently that isn't the case?
 
Jul 11, 2015 11:57 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 177
Good, but still didn't impress me. For now I don't have any AB! feelings from this.

Teleportation? More like time stoping.
Shirou meeting Iroha. Also know as some Archer guy and Nao.
And drama. I hope that this will have some influence in later plot.

Corwen said:

Nao = Yurippe
Yuu = Otonashi
Joujirou = Hinata

Who is Kanade?
 
Jul 11, 2015 11:57 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 2313
silverwalls said:
orchidork said:
why didn't they recruit emiya shiro to their school even though he has a special ability too?

i was wondering about that too, i thought they'd invite everyone with special abilities to their school, but apparently that isn't the case?


Just a guess but I think it's because they don't think his ability is of any use for them. Nao also mentioned that his abilities will be gone once he's past his adolescent stage.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Jul 12, 2015 12:00 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 3379
Solid episode. Great OP and ED. Visuals are stunning. Shirou makes an appearance lol. I'm really starting to like Nao.
 
Jul 12, 2015 12:05 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 2620
Pat_To_Do-List said:

Why is &quot;no bandages&quot; thing is not a problem? That's inconsistency in the narrative.

Cos it's not a part of the narrative, it's just a random scene that has zero relevance to the main story only made to give viewers some fun and that this isn't a comedy anime doesn't change that fact. You can watch anime whichever way you want, but isn't thinking about every comedy scene 'seriously' a bit of a sad way to watch anime?
 
Jul 12, 2015 12:08 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 7942
Yuu_vi_Britannia said:
DarklordVor said:
People liking on everything that Yuu has done and justifies him. While the guy with the glasses, who is for comedic reason do that thing, was hated by people.





- Emiya Shiro was punished?
- Emiya Shiro was deliver to teachers responsible to receive a punishment for his actions?
- Emiya shiro was forced to enter a school and be part of a student council?

Wait are you trying to talk about Udoh the archery guy? Then,

-He only tried to harm Nao, and if Nao is fine with it then she's fine with it. Unlike Yuu who deliberately tries to kill a guy in an accident.
-Did Yuu received punishment after he tried to kill a guy? Other than Nao who is irritated by him trying to murder a guy, he was not punished by a teacher.
-Their student council main purpose was to get these people to school. I don't see why he's not forced to enter the school. He's not in the student council because his power is not useful nor important. What do you need a lingerie weirdo for?

 
Jul 12, 2015 12:13 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 9208
silverwalls said:
orchidork said:
why didn't they recruit emiya shiro to their school even though he has a special ability too?

i was wondering about that too, i thought they'd invite everyone with special abilities to their school, but apparently that isn't the case?

They only do that if the subject is dangerous and/or he could be useful to the student council. If that isn't the case, they just tell him "never use your power again, or else you'll be used as a test subject".
 
Jul 12, 2015 12:15 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 250
You guys needs to stop over glorifying Yuu. He's not the next Lelouch, and he will never be Lelouch.

Pretty much OK episode. Nao's background, mother selling out, brother gone crazy, harsh life without REAL friends, sad Nao is sad.
 
Jul 12, 2015 12:21 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 7942
Man_Lanz said:
Pat_To_Do-List said:
Sorry, but I am still not impressed by this. The over-the-top comedy felt so out of place, especially the &quot;bleeding on the head&quot; comedy. It was very out of place &amp; made the anime looks inconsistent. I mean, Joujirou should've had some treatment with his head(a bandage or something). But nope, he's just fine after that bleeding scene.

And I really do not understand why the school do not at least punish Joujirou for what he's been doing at the cafetaria. I mean, Joujirou just said he often uses his power to buy sandwiches &amp; look what he caused after he bought those sandwiches in this episode. Students, tables, chairs flying everywhere. Glass shards probably hurting the students. With that level of destruction, I would not be surprised if someone got/will be killed. And from the cashier's expression, it seems Joujirou has done it many times &amp; she tolerates it? From that, we can conclude that there's no action taken for what he's been doing.


You're being a bit too serious though. They are normal comedic scenes in anime, and him having no bandages etc is not a problem in itself even if the comedy is not funny.


I agreed with this. Too many people taking that eye glasses guy too seriously. If it was on a serious context, he would be bandaged by now. He don't even have healing powers, yet he's fine in the class scene. It's a comedic scene people, stop taking it seriously. No people is fine with their blood sprouting out of their heads and still eat sandwich normally.

 
Jul 12, 2015 12:30 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 4876
DarklordVor said:
People liking on everything that Yuu has done and justifies him. While the guy with the glasses, who is for comedic reason do that thing, was hated by people.

What Yuu had done in the first episode was not over the top & there's no inconsistency. On the other hand, what Joujirou has done was the exact opposite. Like I said, "And I really do not understand why the school do not at least punish Joujirou for what he's been doing at the cafetaria. I mean, Joujirou just said he often uses his power to buy sandwiches &amp; look what he caused after he bought those sandwiches in this episode. Students, tables, chairs flying everywhere. Glass shards probably hurting the students. With that level of destruction, I would not be surprised if someone got/will be killed. And from the cashier's expression, it seems Joujirou has done it many times &amp; she tolerates it? From that, we can conclude that there's no action taken for what he's been doing." These problems were not present for what Yuu did.


Man_Lanz said:
Cos it's not a part of the narrative, it's just a random scene that has zero relevance to the main story only made to give viewers some fun and that this isn't a comedy anime doesn't change that fact. You can watch anime whichever way you want, but isn't thinking about every comedy scene 'seriously' a bit of a sad way to watch anime?

It's in the anime of course it's part of the narrative. The difference is, that kind of comedy is not the part of the main plot, but still part of the narrative.
But the other anime shows that have comedy in it does not make the comedy the cause of inconsistency. For example, Working. It has so much more comedy, yet the comedy does not make the anime feel inconsistent. Blood Blockade Battlefront, it has over-the-top comedy(even crazier than Charlotte) but it does not make the narrative inconsistent.
I like anime.
 
Jul 12, 2015 12:38 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 7942
Pat_To_Do-List said:
DarklordVor said:
People liking on everything that Yuu has done and justifies him. While the guy with the glasses, who is for comedic reason do that thing, was hated by people.

What Yuu had done in the first episode was not over the top & there's no inconsistency. On the other hand, what Joujirou has done was the exact opposite. Like I said, "And I really do not understand why the school do not at least punish Joujirou for what he's been doing at the cafetaria. I mean, Joujirou just said he often uses his power to buy sandwiches &amp; look what he caused after he bought those sandwiches in this episode. Students, tables, chairs flying everywhere. Glass shards probably hurting the students. With that level of destruction, I would not be surprised if someone got/will be killed. And from the cashier's expression, it seems Joujirou has done it many times &amp; she tolerates it? From that, we can conclude that there's no action taken for what he's been doing." These problems were not present for what Yuu did.


Man_Lanz said:
Cos it's not a part of the narrative, it's just a random scene that has zero relevance to the main story only made to give viewers some fun and that this isn't a comedy anime doesn't change that fact. You can watch anime whichever way you want, but isn't thinking about every comedy scene 'seriously' a bit of a sad way to watch anime?

It's in the anime of course it's part of the narrative. The difference is, that kind of comedy is not the part of the main plot, but still part of the narrative.
But the other anime shows that have comedy in it does not make the comedy the cause of inconsistency. For example, Working. It has so much more comedy, yet the comedy does not make the anime feel inconsistent. Blood Blockade Battlefront, it has over-the-top comedy(even crazier than Charlotte) but it does not make the narrative inconsistent.


Seriously? You're taking seriously a comedic scene? A not important scene to a character development whatsoever scene? Other anime that do not use comedy as their main aspect have those stupid people who just gets away with it and their idiocy or acts was never brought up again.

Ex. Luffy's constant idiocy on drowning and touching sea stone. Sanji's nosebleed, that could've ACTUALLY killed. And other stupidity acts to make a comedic scene.

Some people took a supposed to be comedic scene too seriously.

Or do I have to take seriously of whatever this Lelouch friend's does?
Modified by DarklordVor, Jul 12, 2015 12:42 AM

 
Jul 12, 2015 12:42 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 9208
Pat_To_Do-List said:
DarklordVor said:
People liking on everything that Yuu has done and justifies him. While the guy with the glasses, who is for comedic reason do that thing, was hated by people.

What Yuu had done in the first episode was not over the top & there's no inconsistency. On the other hand, what Joujirou has done was the exact opposite. Like I said, "And I really do not understand why the school do not at least punish Joujirou for what he's been doing at the cafetaria. I mean, Joujirou just said he often uses his power to buy sandwiches &amp; look what he caused after he bought those sandwiches in this episode. Students, tables, chairs flying everywhere. Glass shards probably hurting the students. With that level of destruction, I would not be surprised if someone got/will be killed. And from the cashier's expression, it seems Joujirou has done it many times &amp; she tolerates it? From that, we can conclude that there's no action taken for what he's been doing." These problems were not present for what Yuu did.


Man_Lanz said:
Cos it's not a part of the narrative, it's just a random scene that has zero relevance to the main story only made to give viewers some fun and that this isn't a comedy anime doesn't change that fact. You can watch anime whichever way you want, but isn't thinking about every comedy scene 'seriously' a bit of a sad way to watch anime?

It's in the anime of course it's part of the narrative. The difference is, that kind of comedy is not the part of the main plot, but still part of the narrative.
But the other anime shows that have comedy in it does not make the comedy the cause of inconsistency. For example, Working. It has so much more comedy, yet the comedy does not make the anime feel inconsistent. Blood Blockade Battlefront, it has over-the-top comedy(even crazier than Charlotte) but it does not make the narrative inconsistent.

1) He has yet to hurt anyone but himself. Yes, he could hurt others, but perhaps he knows the consequences of using his power better than we do, and the anime doesn't show anyone being seriously hurt by his ability.
2) He explicitly says that he used it in the camera's blind spot, and since Charlotte has been consistent in expressing the need for proof of the superpowers to be on camera since episode 1, we can assume that normal people like the cashier have just gotten used to all this daily supernatural shit and that the students only get punished by whoever is in charge of checking the cameras' footage.
Edit: 3) the school needs him because he's part of the student council, so they may be more tolerant with him.
Modified by Lollo36, Jul 12, 2015 12:46 AM
 
Jul 12, 2015 12:46 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 4876
DarklordVor said:
Seriously? You're taking seriously a comedic scene? A not important scene to a character development whatsoever scene? Other anime that do not use comedy as their main aspect have those stupid people who just gets away with it and their idiocy or acts was never brought up again.

Ex. Luffy's constant idiocy on drowning and touching sea stone. Sanji's nosebleed, that could've ACTUALLY killed. And other stupidity acts to make a comedic scene.

Some people took a supposed to be comedic scene too seriously.

I do not take comedic scenes seriously. I never said that. What I want is consistency. I am sorry, but it seems that you do not understand what I am saying. Do you understand what consistency in narrative is?

Exactly. Just like I said, that kind of stupid/inconsistent comedy happened in a comedy centric & mainstream shounen anime. The examples that you have given are from mainstream shounen anime.
I like anime.
 
Jul 12, 2015 12:51 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 19063
I feel that MC's douchy behaviour suddenly got turned down too much, although you could chalk it up to the whole sudden new school situation. Hopefully we'll get more of it later.
 
Jul 12, 2015 12:52 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 7942
Pat_To_Do-List said:
DarklordVor said:
Seriously? You're taking seriously a comedic scene? A not important scene to a character development whatsoever scene? Other anime that do not use comedy as their main aspect have those stupid people who just gets away with it and their idiocy or acts was never brought up again.

Ex. Luffy's constant idiocy on drowning and touching sea stone. Sanji's nosebleed, that could've ACTUALLY killed. And other stupidity acts to make a comedic scene.

Some people took a supposed to be comedic scene too seriously.

I do not take comedic scenes seriously. I never said that. What I want is consistency. I am sorry, but it seems that you do not understand what I am saying. Do you understand what consistency in narrative is?

Exactly. Just like I said, that kind of stupid/inconsistent comedy happened in a comedy centric & mainstream shounen anime. The examples that you have given are from mainstream shounen anime.


Lots of people loves Code Geass. Even with its inconsistency. Please tell me how this swimsuit scene consistent at all to the plot line?



If you wanna say that's because Code Geass is mainstream, then sooner or later Charlotte could be mainstream.

Or this crazy girl

 
Jul 12, 2015 12:55 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 1278
I thought this would be something different. I thought wrong, it's another run-of-the-mill show.
 
Jul 12, 2015 12:57 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 4876
Lollo36 said:
1) He has yet to hurt anyone but himself. Yes, he could hurt others, but perhaps he knows the consequences of using his power better than we do, and the anime doesn't show anyone being seriously hurt by his ability.
2) He explicitly says that he used it in the camera's blind spot, and since Charlotte has been consistent in expressing the need for proof of the superpowers to be on camera since episode 1, we can assume that normal people like the cashier have just gotten used to all this daily supernatural shit and that the students only get punished by whoever is in charge of checking the cameras' footage.

1) Yes, I know, but don't you think that's kind of inconsistent? Considering how Nao used her power for violence one time & the students just hate/avoid her. On the other hand, Joujirou has done that many times yet everyone seems fine by it & the school have not done anything about it?

2. Camera's blind spot? That large? Even as far as the place where tables & chairs(a.k.a the main spot of cafetaria) is the blind spot?


DarklordVor said:
Lots of people loves Code Geass. Even with its inconsistency. Please tell me how this swimsuit scene consistent at all to the plot line?



If you wanna say that's because Code Geass is mainstream, then sooner or later Charlotte could be mainstream.

Or this crazy girl

Could you elaborate what kind of inconsistency that swimsuit scene has?
I like anime.
 
Jul 12, 2015 1:03 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 7942
Pat_To_Do-List said:
Lollo36 said:
1) He has yet to hurt anyone but himself. Yes, he could hurt others, but perhaps he knows the consequences of using his power better than we do, and the anime doesn't show anyone being seriously hurt by his ability.
2) He explicitly says that he used it in the camera's blind spot, and since Charlotte has been consistent in expressing the need for proof of the superpowers to be on camera since episode 1, we can assume that normal people like the cashier have just gotten used to all this daily supernatural shit and that the students only get punished by whoever is in charge of checking the cameras' footage.

1) Yes, I know, but don't you think that's kind of inconsistent? Considering how Nao used her power for violence one time & the students just hate/avoid her. On the other hand, Joujirou has done that many times yet everyone seems fine by it & the school have not done anything about it?

2. Camera's blind spot? That large? Even as far as the place where tables & chairs(a.k.a the main spot of cafetaria) is the blind spot?




Could you elaborate what kind of inconsistency that swimsuit scene has?[/quote]

How in any way that those 2 scenes are important enough to the story line? The story about terrorism and freedom?

So please tell me how does the inconsistency of Joujirou is important so that you need to think about this.

Pat_To_Do-List said:
Like I said, "And I really do not understand why the school do not at least punish Joujirou for what he's been doing at the cafetaria. I mean, Joujirou just said he often uses his power to buy sandwiches &amp; look what he caused after he bought those sandwiches in this episode. Students, tables, chairs flying everywhere. Glass shards probably hurting the students. With that level of destruction, I would not be surprised if someone got/will be killed. And from the cashier's expression, it seems Joujirou has done it many times &amp; she tolerates it? From that, we can conclude that there's no action taken for what he's been doing."

 
Jul 12, 2015 1:03 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 77
Typical key lol. Will be watching to the end for the *insert jun maeda signature sad soundtrack here*

4/5 episode because of Emiya Shirou cameo
"Just because I’ve gotten weaker, it doesn’t mean that you got stronger, right?" - Accelerator
 
Jul 12, 2015 1:05 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 9208
Pat_To_Do-List said:

1) Yes, I know, but don't you think that's kind of inconsistent? Considering how Nao used her power for violence one time & the students just hate/avoid her. On the other hand, Joujirou has done that many times yet everyone seems fine by it & the school have not done anything about it?

2. Camera's blind spot? That large? Even as far as the place where tables & chairs(a.k.a the main spot of cafetaria) is the blind spot

1) The explaination of why Nao is alone is so stupid that my headcanon has already overwritten it with "Nao fakes every positive emotion she expresses, she's just putting up a strong front, so she's creepy". I doubt that the writer thought of this, but I hope that Joujirou was just trying to avoid telling Yuu that everyone in class already realized that, in reality, she's just a really sad and gloomy person.
Also, Joujirou hasn't hurt ANYONE yet, except himself. He's also just as lonely as Nao (or at least it seems like it's the case)
2) Deal with it XD, we could try and nitpick through every scene to find small stuff like this, but I don't think it's beneficial to the viewing experience.

I don't know if you've seen it, but I've added a 3) that says: he's part of the student council, the school needs him, so they might be more forgiving with him.
Modified by Lollo36, Jul 12, 2015 1:17 AM
 
Jul 12, 2015 1:10 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 1058
This episode foreshadows the feels to come in the second half. Nao's mother sold her and her brother out jesus.
Modified by davinci12, Jul 12, 2015 1:14 AM
 
Jul 12, 2015 1:18 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 27151
I feel like rewatching Angel Beats.. again..

read from right to left
 
Top
Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »