Forum Settings
Forums
New
Is anime better or worse?
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Sep 17, 2016 3:51 PM

Sep 2016
But in what world? Let's say, Kimi no Na wa is good but there are better tvseries than that and it relies waaaaay more on telling than showing to stand the ghibli comparison reviewers write about. That's despite the number of animes.

And like I said it's not like we *need* one masterpiece after the other, it doesn't mean things got better, but the lack of mature stuff in the league of mushishi/sweetness&lightning (just thinking of recent ones since I remember the last mushi thing if from 2015 but I could be wrong)/etc hurts on the long run.
FondenteSep 17, 2016 3:59 PM
Sep 17, 2016 4:05 PM

Sep 2016
I haven't said that ;l nowadays movies can, but the comparison to ghibli movies you find in Your Name reviews doesn't really stand that much because there's a lot of telling and much less showing compared to any ghibli thing. Nearly everything is told so that you don't need to think or rather feel things by yourself. It's not an opinion, it's there. It's not me or anyone else having a problem with perceptions and by extention opinions, you just have to look at the actual animes. And Your Name is a good movie too. WEIRD HUH
FondenteSep 17, 2016 4:11 PM
Sep 17, 2016 4:14 PM

Feb 2015
Both.

Or, that is to say, why not both?
Sep 17, 2016 7:40 PM

Dec 2015
Psyotic said:

>Implying harem/ecchi/moe isn't good

Only the latter has produced some titles of worth. Former two, by their nature, produce more objectification thus exemplifying the definition of "bad" to anyone with half a brain.

And I fail to see how it "limits the number of great shows per seasons." I can understand that each studio can only produce a specific amount of shows per season, however advancements in technology have overall increased their output.

With just a basic understanding of percentages, assuming the % of anime per season that are of quality remains consistent, we would effectively see an increase in the number of good shows per season over time.

More bad shows will limit the actual amount of good shows? Quite frankly, I don't see your point.
Sep 17, 2016 11:06 PM

Aug 2016
EcchiLordMamster said:
Allenekoo said:

Well, opinions vary, on wut sense u say anime r getting better?

obviously visually, other than that, i like the moe blob increase, i don't feel harems or ecchi have "increased" so i can't add them as well

>Visually

Yes it's obvious coz technology develops , so the graphics , so the visual effects :> that solely doesn't imply that animu r getting better. Visual effects r sth that necessarily should get better no matter wut.

Animu getting better, means the whole story +sound effects + visual effects+ enough amount of genre related extras like fan-service, harem or comedy or ecchi n wtv . Out of every seasonal animu list , I find just 2-3 animu with an okayish story XD.

All the best people are crazy!
Sep 17, 2016 11:08 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Allenekoo said:
EcchiLordMamster said:

obviously visually, other than that, i like the moe blob increase, i don't feel harems or ecchi have "increased" so i can't add them as well

>Visually

Yes it's obvious coz technology develops , so the graphics , so the visual effects :> that solely doesn't imply that animu r getting better. Visual effects r sth that necessarily should get better no matter wut.

Animu getting better, means the whole story +sound effects + visual effects+ enough amount of genre related extras like fan-service, harem or comedy or ecchi n wtv . Out of every seasonal animu list , I find just 2-3 animu with an okayish story XD.

i don't care about story, or at least its just a bonus to me, a lack of good story is not a turn off. and obviously as everything is being done, or been done, the best creators can do is either be a genius, or just rehash, as most do
Sep 17, 2016 11:09 PM
Jul 2018
CherryLover said:
Psyotic said:

>Implying harem/ecchi/moe isn't good

Only the latter has produced some titles of worth. Former two, by their nature, produce more objectification thus exemplifying the definition of "bad" to anyone with half a brain.

And I fail to see how it "limits the number of great shows per seasons." I can understand that each studio can only produce a specific amount of shows per season, however advancements in technology have overall increased their output.

With just a basic understanding of percentages, assuming the % of anime per season that are of quality remains consistent, we would effectively see an increase in the number of good shows per season over time.

More bad shows will limit the actual amount of good shows? Quite frankly, I don't see your point.

What are you talking about? objectification is amazing, now get back to your kitchen, fam
edit: jesus I just checked your profile and you're from the UK, why am I not surprised?

Oh and you cannot argue with me I am a immigrant therefore I am oppressed and arguing with me would be xenophobic

OT I do not know I am still quite new to tge anime thing but fuck it imma join on the bandwagon and say that all that is new sucks and old shit was better
removed-userSep 17, 2016 11:17 PM
Sep 17, 2016 11:17 PM

Aug 2016
EcchiLordMamster said:
Allenekoo said:

>Visually

i don't care about story, or at least its just a bonus to me, a lack of good story is not a turn off. and obviously as everything is being done, or been done, the best creators can do is either be a genius, or just rehash, as most do

Hahaha, u said u hate when ppl say animu r getting worse, but many watch animu for the story and if there is no story how can ppl say animu r getting better XDD

And meanwhile Kimi no Na wa has taken #1 on MAL, coz it has got everything along with a story. Just imagine how desperately ppl waited for an animu with a good story n visual effects. That Kimi no Na wa has got all the 10s . Story is important!

Sep 17, 2016 11:19 PM

Oct 2015
Neither, its just anime is changing its overall tone and feel over the years.
The peasant is bound by the king. The king is bound by the peasants and their kingdom. But the Viking is bound to nothing but themselves.

Sep 17, 2016 11:26 PM
Sep 2016
I think the new animes are no good at all
Sep 18, 2016 12:14 AM

Aug 2016
CherryLover said:
Former two, by their nature, produce more objectification thus exemplifying the definition of "bad" to anyone with half a brain.

"I could make a well thought out point, but I'll just say anyone who doesn't thing X is just a big dumb poopy face."

More bad shows will limit the actual amount of good shows?

Yes, that is the notion that I have just refuted.
People who put MAL stats in their sigs are losers lol
Sep 18, 2016 12:16 AM

Jul 2013
I say it's kind of getting worse and check out this article: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/answerman/2016-01-13/.97503
Sep 18, 2016 12:27 AM

Dec 2015
Darekmhn1 said:
CherryLover said:

What are you talking about? objectification is amazing, now get back to your kitchen, fam
edit: jesus I just checked your profile and you're from the UK, why am I not surprised?

Oh and you cannot argue with me I am a immigrant therefore I am oppressed and arguing with me would be xenophobic

Yet you are the one creating a stereotype about my beliefs simply because I am from the UK, while also making light of feminist issues? Disgusting.
Psyotic said:
CherryLover said:
Former two, by their nature, produce more objectification thus exemplifying the definition of "bad" to anyone with half a brain.

"I could make a well thought out point, but I'll just say anyone who doesn't thing X is just a big dumb poopy face."

More bad shows will limit the actual amount of good shows?

Yes, that is the notion that I have just refuted.

It's obvious at this point you are attempting to goad a reaction out of me, to which I say you will not get one.
Sep 18, 2016 12:29 AM

Aug 2016
CherryLover said:

It's obvious at this point you are attempting to goad a reaction out of me, to which I say you will not get one.

No, I'm trying to get you to make an actual valid point for me to shred, rather than you simply making claims with no substance to back them.
People who put MAL stats in their sigs are losers lol
Sep 18, 2016 12:36 AM
Jan 2011
EcchiLordMamster said:
Allenekoo said:

>Visually

How could story not be important ? The whole purpose of a visual medium is to tell a fucking story. That's why manga was created. Movies. Theater. Anime. I'm feeling this's the reason we (anime fans) disagree so much about this matter. Some care about the story, plot, etc and some simply doesn't. Maybe most animes story suck nowadays because few people watch it because of this, so most producers doesn't care much about it anymore.
Not necessarily bad, since anime's a product and it should do what's been demanded or else the market dies and even good shows would cease being produced. Time passes, things changes, I get it, going against that would be suicide. I'm just hoping that "masterpieces" on this medium won't be a extinct species in the future. Getting to see at least one or two good stories every year's better then none, so I'll be glad the next time one shows up xD
iPhaustSep 18, 2016 12:41 AM
Sep 18, 2016 12:49 AM
Jul 2018
@Fausthus

a perception of good is subjective therefore the masterpiece bit I am going to ignore

BUT story is not essential you do not need an anime to have a story what so ever in order to enjoy it altough I care a lot about the story, more than anything else but for him apparetly a story is not nesseccary, a anime has visuals and can do a lot more than a book for example therefore there is more to it than the story itself.

Of course having no story at all is impossible, sol anime usually do show stories because a story of two girls going to a shop is a story nonetheless but I believe you can get my point if not then blame it on my lack of sleep
Sep 18, 2016 1:21 AM
Jan 2011
Darekmhn1 said:
@Fausthus

a perception of good is subjective therefore the masterpiece bit I am going to ignore

BUT story is not essential you do not need an anime to have a story what so ever in order to enjoy it altough I care a lot about the story, more than anything else but for him apparetly a story is not nesseccary, a anime has visuals and can do a lot more than a book for example therefore there is more to it than the story itself.

Of course having no story at all is impossible, sol anime usually do show stories because a story of two girls going to a shop is a story nonetheless but I believe you can get my point if not then blame it on my lack of sleep

I think I didn't get it, why would someone watch an anime if not for the story ? Even if there's just brainless action scenes without any talking at all there's still some kind of story going on. Maybe my reasons to like this medium are different than most people, but I would like to understand what others look for in their anime aswell.
Sep 18, 2016 1:54 AM

Aug 2014
Fausthus said:
EcchiLordMamster said:

How could story not be important ? The whole purpose of a visual medium is to tell a fucking story. That's why manga was created. Movies. Theater. Anime. I'm feeling this's the reason we (anime fans) disagree so much about this matter. Some care about the story, plot, etc and some simply doesn't. Maybe most animes story suck nowadays because few people watch it because of this, so most producers doesn't care much about it anymore.
Not necessarily bad, since anime's a product and it should do what's been demanded or else the market dies and even good shows would cease being produced. Time passes, things changes, I get it, going against that would be suicide. I'm just hoping that "masterpieces" on this medium won't be a extinct species in the future. Getting to see at least one or two good stories every year's better then none, so I'll be glad the next time one shows up xD

More like most of the stories people make are fucking shit in any medium. The priority of every show is different. For example you wouldn't watch redline and give it a 5/10 because the story and characters suck but the visually it's amazing because the purpose of that movie is to an awesome animation spectacle. At the same time you wouldn't give say mushishi a lower score because it hasn't got an overarching plotline. Just as someone can appreciate great storylines and characters in a deep way, you can also have a very deep appreciation of animation. Anime tell their stories through their visuals thus when the animation, direction, digitals effects look good and portray what they are meant to within the story, it's makes a show better and that is a quality of the show in it's self.

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
Sep 18, 2016 3:02 AM
Jan 2011
black1blade said:
Fausthus said:

More like most of the stories people make are fucking shit in any medium. The priority of every show is different. For example you wouldn't watch redline and give it a 5/10 because the story and characters suck but the visually it's amazing because the purpose of that movie is to an awesome animation spectacle. At the same time you wouldn't give say mushishi a lower score because it hasn't got an overarching plotline. Just as someone can appreciate great storylines and characters in a deep way, you can also have a very deep appreciation of animation. Anime tell their stories through their visuals thus when the animation, direction, digitals effects look good and portray what they are meant to within the story, it's makes a show better and that is a quality of the show in it's self.

So what's the priority on famous shows such as Fairy Tail, SAO or Akame ga Kill! if nothing's really outstanding ? Repeating cliches and overused tropes to get popularity ? So just because people like something does that mean it's actually good ?
Redline goes beyond almost any other anime in terms of animation and what it does with it. Also, Mushishi can be seen as a series of 24 minute movies (episodic nature), while the only thing connecting them are the characters and world. There's no need for an overarching plotline but that doesn't mean the series doesn't focuses on story or its motifs.
Though I said all of this, I agree with you that most stories in any medium are shit, thus obviously anime wouldn't be different. Yet, there were times when better movies were being released or better comics, times in which the formulas people try to copy were born.
The matter of anime getting better or worse indeed subjective, but see, if everyone's just doing the same shit over and over again, everywhere, originality's dying and I do believe that something (good or bad) has more value when it's original. Fakes will be fakes. Literary value's not that much subjective you know. Does that mean not having it makes something worse ? No, but for me, in most cases (not all because there's stuff like Redline that I love), it does. Dumb entertainment for the masses's no better than bread and circuses you know. I don't intend on imposing my beliefs as the only right ones, I only wished to discuss about what makes people like their anime and the future of this industry, so, sorry if I'm being annoying or stubborn, that wasn't the intention.
iPhaustSep 18, 2016 3:12 AM
Sep 18, 2016 3:05 AM

Sep 2016
I don't remember much about redline but Iirc it's a bunch of pilots doing a race and some side thing happens. It's not "5/10", it's enough story to have the race action happen. It's the backbone f everything otherwise you have no anime, it could be "cat goes from A to B and sees things" but a lot of anime find ways to waste your time in some way or another. Think dragonball's "rararaaa,next time".
Sep 18, 2016 7:30 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Allenekoo said:

Hahaha, u said u hate when ppl say animu r getting worse, but many watch animu for the story and if there is no story how can ppl say animu r getting better XDD

And meanwhile Kimi no Na wa has taken #1 on MAL, coz it has got everything along with a story. Just imagine how desperately ppl waited for an animu with a good story n visual effects. That Kimi no Na wa has got all the 10s . Story is important!

i don't NEED it, good story =/= more entertaining

Fausthus said:

How could story not be important ? The whole purpose of a visual medium book is to tell a fucking story.

FTFY

if that were the case, there wouldn't be visual media with no story and obvious yes, a lack of "good story" has never stopped people from watching anything. which is why movies like batman vs super man and transformers make alot more money than oscar worthy films
Sep 18, 2016 10:08 AM

Aug 2014
Fausthus said:

Nothing is truly original though, everything builds upon what came before it. I'm reading the mill on the floss for english atm and it's pretty good but hilarious how the main character is a girl who loves her onii-chan.

Sep 18, 2016 10:11 AM

Sep 2015
I'm kinda offended how you called slice of life anime that you consider moe shyt...
Sep 18, 2016 10:15 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
@kamisama751

Nah son, we're just not pretentious assholes who think we're smarter than others for what we do and dont watch :D
Sep 18, 2016 10:23 AM

Aug 2016
EcchiLordMamster said:
Allenekoo said:

FTFY

<if that were the case, there wouldn't be visual media with no story and obvious yes, a lack of "good story" has never stopped people from watching anything. which is why movies like batman vs super man and transformers make alot more money than oscar worthy films>

lol m8 , dont bring up hollywood in here , its gone beyond hopeless already :>

I know not just good story is enough to entertain all its audience, Now a days , fan-service is an essential element for the animu. But the base foundation of the animu is the story which should b strong. if its just for the fan-service then ppl can watch hentai or any "only ecchi" animu.

And your signature toally suits you btw :3

Sep 18, 2016 10:50 AM
Jan 2011
black1blade said:
Fausthus said:

Nothing is truly original though, everything builds upon what came before it. I'm reading the mill on the floss for english atm and it's pretty good but hilarious how the main character is a girl who loves her onii-chan.

Well, that's right, I admit it, nothing's truly original. But compare Mononoke with SAO. There's nothing quite like the first one, though the second's generic and everything it does was done before, even better in some (a lot of) cases. Then why did it gain so much popularity instead of its (better in any thinkable way) counterparts ? Think of a medicine. There're generic ones and brand-name ones. The exact same thing happens anywhere with any product, anime included. So, which's the better one ? That's what I'm trying to get through. You can't have something 100% original, everyone builds their ideias around previous ones but you can be more or less original.
Sep 18, 2016 10:57 AM

Aug 2015
Neither...

I don't see a problem with anime today

The old ones are great, but so are the new ones

I think both old and new have plenty of throw outs, but they still have their good ones (new having Re:Zero, old having Neon Genesis Evangelion, etc.).
Sep 18, 2016 11:54 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Allenekoo said:
EcchiLordMamster said:

FTFY

<if that were the case, there wouldn't be visual media with no story and obvious yes, a lack of "good story" has never stopped people from watching anything. which is why movies like batman vs super man and transformers make alot more money than oscar worthy films>

I know not just good story is enough to entertain all its audience, Now a days , fan-service is an essential element for the animu. But the base foundation of the animu is the story which should b strong. if its just for the fan-service then ppl can watch hentai or any "only ecchi" animu.

Hollywood has ALWAYS been like that and anime has always relied on fanservice, it's not a "nowadays" thing

Fuck hentai

and no, ecchi is fine in w/e anime they want to put it in. Just cause an anime doesn't focus on romance for example, doesn't mean there shouldn't be lots of romance in it. Same w ecchi

I'm not going to dodge a 1 liter bottle just because a 2 liter exists...

That it does ;)

@kamisama751

Lmao you fell for it too son, you fell for it too... you elitists will never win, our moeshit and ecchi garbage will forever beat out your 2deep4u anime :D
Sep 18, 2016 1:19 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
@kamisama751

Lol sorry bruh but the greatest parts of anime ever are moe harem and ecchi
Sep 18, 2016 2:23 PM

Aug 2014
Fausthus said:
black1blade said:

Well, that's right, I admit it, nothing's truly original. But compare Mononoke with SAO. There's nothing quite like the first one, though the second's generic and everything it does was done before, even better in some (a lot of) cases. Then why did it gain so much popularity instead of its (better in any thinkable way) counterparts ? Think of a medicine. There're generic ones and brand-name ones. The exact same thing happens anywhere with any product, anime included. So, which's the better one ? That's what I'm trying to get through. You can't have something 100% original, everyone builds their ideias around previous ones but you can be more or less original.

It doesn't really matter what is popular though. You can easily compare 1 bad, popular old show and a good more niche new one.

Sep 18, 2016 6:58 PM

Sep 2016
Every work ever is in debt with what came before. Cowboy bebop owes lupin while neon genesis evangelion owes dozens of mecha animes. Even with trite you can execute things with rigidity, maturity and clear of otaku things to get something very good.
And yea you need a story. Nihei is the guy behind Blame and Sidonia and they are failures but as far as art style goes the guy is unique in the manga world. Pretty much the only guy I'd pay for vistas but that's about it.
On the topic of ecchi, kink etc, they suck in most animes but it doesn't mean they can't serve the narrative. Monogataris are openly about sexuality and without considering a few missteps they are very fun. Ecchi shows can be good comedies if the kink adds something deeper to the characters etc for "sweeter" tits to enjoy but you don't simply see this around. Idk kill la kill had something like that going on but after 5 episodes it kind of wrecks.
And there's no anime meant to be 2deep4u, not even neon genesis evangelion, and no elitist to fight with.
FondenteSep 18, 2016 7:02 PM
Sep 18, 2016 7:02 PM

Mar 2015
Anime isn't "dying" or getting any worse. Times change, and what people like and want change. As an example of this, in the 70s giant robot shows were the hit thing, people loved them, now looking at today we can see they aren't nearly as popular now. You may argue that what people like now is shit, and that may be true, but it would be better for everyone to just let them be.

I don't like newer shows as much, but I don't go and make shitty threads like this. People who make fun of those who prefer older shows are nothing but an elitist, and that is the truth.
Sep 18, 2016 7:08 PM

Sep 2016
There were many many many mecha shows airing in the past year;0
Sep 18, 2016 7:16 PM
Aug 2014
Like everything that has been around for a long period of time, preferences and target demographics change. Someone that grew up in the 70's would say modern music sucks where are people from the 90's and 2000's will say otherwise. If anything i would say the larger variety of animes being produced just means that more people have started watching, thus the range of genres, or specific types of genres being produced will change with what the majority enjoys.
The only people really saying "Anime is dying" are the people that cant get over the fact that tastes change and end up being critical ass holes in the end.
Sep 18, 2016 7:35 PM

Oct 2013
Fausthus said:
black1blade said:

Well, there wasn't that many anime like sao when it first aired back in 2012, only hack is similar to it. Sao is far from generic when it comes to its world overall.

That's one of the reason why it became so popular. It was fresh to many anime viewers.
Sep 18, 2016 8:04 PM

Sep 2016
Nikkun-Sensei said:
Like everything that has been around for a long period of time, preferences and target demographics change. Someone that grew up in the 70's would say modern music sucks where are people from the 90's and 2000's will say otherwise. If anything i would say the larger variety of animes being produced just means that more people have started watching, thus the range of genres, or specific types of genres being produced will change with what the majority enjoys.
The only people really saying "Anime is dying" are the people that cant get over the fact that tastes change and end up being critical ass holes in the end.

I kind of argued with one guy before that this is somewhat of a self serving argument, there isn't a problem with perceptions or tastes and thus opinions as if there is a problem in someone's mind, instead you can just look at the very animes, which quality and variety doesn't increase because of the amount of releases per season.
Sep 18, 2016 8:26 PM

Nov 2013
Anime was never good to begin with. The people who say the "80s was the golden era" are just coked out. It's still the same garbage since then ´_ゝ`
Sep 18, 2016 10:03 PM
Aug 2014
zxcasdqwe123cat said:
Nikkun-Sensei said:

I kind of argued with one guy before that this is somewhat of a self serving argument, there isn't a problem with perceptions or tastes and thus opinions as if there is a problem in someone's mind, instead you can just look at the very animes, which quality and variety doesn't increase because of the amount of releases per season.

Enjoyment and what someone finds to be considered "good" is all up to the person watching. Since variety has expanded so much, those with a narrow field of enjoyment will feel like new stuff is crap, since their favorite genres arent in mass production anymore (leading to more "low quality" animes, that they enjoy). I honestly dont even think there should be much discussion on anime quality going down. Its all left to how critical you wish to be when watching an anime. Some people need to chill the fuck out and realize how many stories have been released and realize that "original" content is nearly impossible anymore. I saw be happy with what is presented to you.
Sep 18, 2016 10:05 PM

May 2009
Worse. At this point it's kind of like "you've seen one, you've seen them all".
Sep 18, 2016 11:29 PM

Sep 2016
I know other people have said this, but every season there are good and bad anime. It's always because the anime is rushed/bad phasing in general, bad story, bad animation/art, way too much fan-service, or there's a mix of genres you don't like airing this season.
That said though, if you find something with a genre you like and all the standards check off, then it would be considered as a good anime for you.

It ALWAYS depends on the kind of person you are, what you like to watch, etc.

Sep 19, 2016 1:58 AM

Sep 2016
Hachiko75 said:
Worse. At this point it's kind of like "you've seen one, you've seen them all".

Right? So many evangelion rip offs.
Sep 19, 2016 5:53 AM
Feb 2014
Unpopular Opinion: Anime is getting better

Myanimelist.net said:
Explain yourself, you ignorant retard

Because you touch yourself at night and anime wasn't meant for you in the first place. Fuck off back to Steven's Universe or some other gay shit like that
Sep 19, 2016 6:08 AM

Aug 2016
EcchiLordMamster said:
Allenekoo said:

Hollywood has ALWAYS been like that and anime has always relied on fanservice, it's not a "nowadays" thing

Fuck hentai

and no, ecchi is fine in w/e anime they want to put it in. Just cause an anime doesn't focus on romance for example, doesn't mean there shouldn't be lots of romance in it. Same w ecchi

I'm not going to dodge a 1 liter bottle just because a 2 liter exists...

That it does ;)

@kamisama751

Lmao you fell for it too son, you fell for it too... you elitists will never win, our moeshit and ecchi garbage will forever beat out your 2deep4u anime :D

earlier it was like either no fan-service or mild fan-service , so that the viewers dont get bored. only purpose of the fan-service was to keep the viewers less bored of the series.
lol so u hate hentai too I guess XD
and... its ur opinion, but wut about animu with no ecchi? Do u even watch em? If u dont, wut if they hav sth really good acc. to its genre? U'll b missing some good stuff just coz the animu has no ecchi in it.
Many people dont want to miss dem. So, even being a ecchi fan watching non-ecchi animu doesnt hurt u. Its all about preferences. Unlike u many prefer story to ecchi , even tho they watch ecchi too.

Sep 19, 2016 6:57 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
earlier it was like either no fan-service or mild fan-service , so that the viewers dont get bored. only purpose of the fan-service was to keep the viewers less bored of the series.

what? the point of fanservice is that the creators are pervert's and like to draw boobs... and there were plenty of shows in the past with lots of fanservice... scrolling your list, its pretty obvious you just haven't watched them

that makes NO SENSE, most anime artists draw perverted artwork..... BECAUSE THEY LIKE TO... there are anime creators that say they enjoy drawing the sexy girls the most... saying "its only there for this reason" is ridiculous

lol so u hate hentai too I guess XD

hentai anime sucks

and... its ur opinion, but wut about animu with no ecchi? Do u even watch em? If u dont, wut if they hav sth really good acc. to its genre? U'll b missing some good stuff just coz the animu has no ecchi in it.

Many people dont want to miss dem. So, even being a ecchi fan watching non-ecchi animu doesnt hurt u. Its all about preferences. Unlike u many prefer story to ecchi , even tho they watch ecchi too.

you could easily look at my list to see that. why would i not watch an anime just cause theres no ecchi in it?

and thank you captain obvious....

@kamisama751

ya? well, you know, thats just like uuhh... your opinion man.....
EcchiGodMamsterSep 19, 2016 7:00 AM
Sep 19, 2016 7:02 AM

Jun 2007
In a way it is getting worse.

Just think about it, we used to have MCs that were the best of the best (Goku, Luffy, Guts, Tsubasa Oozora, Lelouch etc). When these MCs encountered an opponent that were equal or beat them, we were blown away!

Today its a given that the MC is a loser who only has his "hard work" going for him until one day its revelead that they have something special (looking at you naruto) or with their "hard work" they encourage others to fight along them etc.
Its like the theme for current anime is to make a loser into a hero (bonus points for surrounding people saying stuff like "he trained so hard! he fell so many times! but he never gave up! listen little kid watching this anime, if you never give up, even you can become something!")

Well its not like i hate anime like this but I think seeing a hero fall and stand up again is way better, than the usual "loser has dream, dream seems unreachable, but loser doesnt give up and finally reaches his dream"
Sep 19, 2016 7:34 AM

Feb 2010
I can tell you the only truth about the direction in which anime is constantly heading in. It's not getting better, it's not getting worse. It's getting MORE. Each season new anime come out and inrease the total amount of anime produced. This is a fascinating fact not known to many people.

Anything else just happens in peoples minds. People perceive anime to be more or less enjoyable than today than yesterday (maybe they're having a headache or something is distracting them that wasn't a factor yesterday, idk) and then they think very hard about why this is happening and the only answer they can come up with is that anime, as a medium, must be going down the drains and there's nothing we can do about it except lament this fact in a forum thread. It seems to be the natural response.
I probably regret this post by now.
Sep 19, 2016 7:56 AM
May 2015
Anime = entertainment = business = money don't forget that.

The production model adopted by anime studio after the 90s~2000's is quantity above quality. Money rained and everyone were happy. Then the public wanted more so, studio tried to fill the demand with cheap stuff (to keep money) and throw bunch of fan services. Again it worked great. Now public ask for even more and there's no money for it and the whole thing seems to collapse and will as it stand now. It's about the same matter on the movie, gaming well the whole entertaining business.

It is an oversimplified statement/vision but it is partially true.

On the matter gettin better/worse as many argued there is our personal preference. For my self, I'm still looking for the successor of Cowboy Bebop but I do also believe that it will never happen. But that is my liking not everyone :P and I'm fine with that.

On the better side we got many things : better animation, better soundtrack and even some time we got good plot and/or character.
On the worse side, and every time when money is involved. Cheap fan service and marketing oriented production because investor need to get their money back (and now I have a good song in my mind ^^).

So as you can guess for me it is neither and simply hope for the better each season.
Sep 19, 2016 8:01 AM

May 2012
Pullman said:
I can tell you the only truth about the direction in which anime is constantly heading in. It's not getting better, it's not getting worse. It's getting MORE. Each season new anime come out and inrease the total amount of anime produced. This is a fascinating fact not known to many people.

The following observations are merely that and could be wrong, but I wanted to offer my own perspective, however amateurish it may be. The main problem I can see would be budget. Because most anime outside of the really popular ones rely on a small group of otaku to buy the very expensive dvds, getting so many anime each season isn't necessarily a good thing. It would seem the supply is increasing faster than the demand. This way every studio will have to work with a really small budget and those still able to stay in business will follow dominant trends that will guarantee at least some profit. Not like it's been that much different back in the day, but there are some differences. Firstly because most anime only get aired late at night, only diehard fans will watch them. Secondly studios have to pander even more to the small group of otaku, resulting in very otaku oriented shows. Because of these reasons, I really question how anime will reach a new (and big enough) audience when the current otaku stop buying. It seems like they're sadly trying to appeal to fujoshi a little more to make up for the lack of buyers, but I wonder if it will be enough to sustain the anime industry.
Sep 19, 2016 8:59 PM
Jul 2018
Anime started off really good, because this type of animated story-telling was fresh off the press back then, so they put immense focus and energy into making it crisp and breathtaking. Sadly, over the years, anime has taken a nosedive in 'quality' as anime has become too massive. In other words, it's losing its former glory in that its not as unique as it once was. In other words, one too many anime was distributed.

Quality in the animation itself is not necessarily important to sell off anime these days, as most anime watchers/manga readers only care about the written text/subtitles, and as long as their is some form of manga-image in the back ground, that's enough to suffice it. Anime has seriously went down in animation quality, but character design has substantially increased (there are more types of characters nowadays than there were back in the 90's) but what really makes me lean more toward anime being better nowadays is how deeper and darker the story-telling got over the years.

Basically anime is better, but it's also a lot lazier based on its animation quality. But the stories keep getting better and better.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

183 by Coaghim »»
55 seconds ago

» Anime Misandry ( 1 2 )

ColourWheel - Apr 21

97 by APolygons2 »»
10 minutes ago

» Has the isekai bubble finally burst

EastIndiaCompany - Yesterday

23 by Ex-Aid »»
33 minutes ago

» Is "Magnetic Rose" considered a masterpiece?

Alpha_1_Zero - 43 minutes ago

0 by Alpha_1_Zero »»
43 minutes ago

» Have you ever come across anime-related fakes?

RobertBobert - Yesterday

11 by Ex-Aid »»
53 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.