Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Prison School Episode 1 Discussion

Jul 10, 2015 1:37 PM
Lyrisia said:
Adrasteiax said:
Well, I'm extremely glad this is censored, although I'm probably one of the only straight girls watching this. I don't like ecchi, but I can handle it if there's a good plot.

You're not the only one here :) And don't really like ecchi either...
Don't care about the content they're censoring, it's just a bit annoying to have that huge white line across the screen for me...
But won't keep watching this...

I don't mind the content, but the censorship with the huge white lines across the screen is insanely annoying.

Jul 10, 2015 1:38 PM
I'm disappointed with the anime to be honest, the censors are annoying but it's acceptable and plus they will be removed in the BDs , on the other hand the art-style which can't be changed, now that the anime started, is just not good and feels a bit weird and the pacing so far is stupid. and plus it seem it will only have 12 episodes.
but ow well, we were hoping to get an anime and we get one so i'm glad for that, i just hope it doesn't get ruined and end up as a piece of shit comparing to how the manga is so great, like how Tokyo ghoul was.

Jul 10, 2015 1:39 PM

I would say, it's not entertaining, at least for me. It felt rather boring and uninventive with what they wanted to do.
I couldn't care less for the fanservice but not once did I laugh or smile at what happened, not to mention that what they're playing with is just "boys being masochistic" from what it seems. It has been done already, countless times as a character trait and even in show format, but that's not even the problem here, the problem is what is supposed to be funny. since it's a comedy, and seeing guys getting beaten up like in any other show with a tsundere character, there's really no entertainment.

As a first episode many things can happen and I haven't read the manga, but so far it just didn't strike me as anything worthwhile in my opinion. If you guys find enjoyment, good.
Modified by Jalleia, Jul 10, 2015 2:04 PM

Jul 10, 2015 1:39 PM

Jalleia said:
I would say, it's not entertaining, at least for me. It felt rather boring and uninventive with what they wanted to do.
I couldn't care less for the fanserivce but not once did I laugh or smile at what happened, not to mention that what they're playing with is just "boys being masochistic" from what it seems. It has been done already, countless times as a character trait and even in show format, but that's not even the problem here, the problem is what is supposed to be funny since it's a comedy, and seeing guys getting beaten up like in any other show with a tsundere character, there's really no entertainment.

As a first episode many things can happen and I haven't read the manga, but so far it just didn't strike me as anything worthwhile in my opinion. If you guys find enjoyment, good.
But the girls have big boobs and are hot so it's ok xDxDxDxD
Modified by MasterTengkorak, Jul 10, 2015 1:58 PM
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Salman bin Abdul Aziz said:
@Comic_Sans I hate to insult you on forums but you are just a troll so just go kill yourself already bitch

Jul 10, 2015 1:43 PM

I find anime funny but only a few series have ever had me in tears. This episode did that for me so I really enjoyed it. It is a bit disappointing to have censoring but I'll take it how it is. Art quality isn't as great as the manga, which I think is a big reason why such a stupid premise is funny in the first place, but it didn't bother me so much for some reason. I loved it!

Jul 10, 2015 1:44 PM

As long as they don't rush the episode where
it's all good.

Those were seriously some of the funniest chapters I've ever read.
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...

Jul 10, 2015 1:45 PM

Great start but to much censoring.

Jul 10, 2015 1:46 PM

Masochists !?!!! Sadists !!!! Damn... I must love this series !!!!

Jul 10, 2015 1:47 PM

Unforuantely, they're probably going to censor Meiko ecchi scenes... Sigh...

Anyways, really fast paced (kind of worries me for future episodes, but I'll still keep hope.) other then that it was fun

Jul 10, 2015 1:47 PM

Jalleia said:
I couldn't care less for the fanserivce but not once did I laugh or smile at what happened, not to mention that what they're playing with is just "boys being masochistic" from what it seems. It has been done already, countless times as a character trait and even in show format, but that's not even the problem here, the problem is what is supposed to be funny since it's a comedy, and seeing guys getting beaten up like in any other show with a tsundere character, there's really no entertainment.

If you think Prison School's comedy is only restricted to guys getting beaten up by girls, you're very much mistaken, I will say though that if you don't find the 5 male characters funny you're better off dropping it.

Jul 10, 2015 1:48 PM

geralt said:
it's all good.

I'm looking forward to that scene the most actually, LOL!

Jul 10, 2015 1:55 PM

More than anything this is really a guy series. Females can maybe enjoy it but it's a series that's much more a guy series than a lot of anime. I mean DxD despite being full of tits has enough about it that females can enjoy it. I'd never recommend Prison School to one. They should really not watch it cause all they seem to be doing is bitching about it. Shut up and don't watch it?

Jul 10, 2015 2:07 PM

Gintama has jokes that involve shoving kunais into assholes, shooting a Bazooka at your superior officer. stealing money and food from your friends. No one complains.

Prison school does a similar type of sadistic humour. tons of people lose their minds.

MAL logic.
"Legal translators and subbers for anime/manga are like the Shichibukai, basically pirates hired by companies to keep other pirates in check."-SuperRed

Jul 10, 2015 2:07 PM

Jalleia said:
I couldn't care less for the fanservice but not once did I laugh or smile at what happened, not to mention that what they're playing with is just "boys being masochistic" from what it seems. It has been done already, countless times as a character trait and even in show format, but that's not even the problem here, the problem is what is supposed to be funny. since it's a comedy, and seeing guys getting beaten up like in any other show with a tsundere character, there's really no entertainment.

I dont know if the anime is going to reach this part of the manga . But later on the Tables will turn and Karma would strike and all the suffering of the boys would be rewarded

Jul 10, 2015 2:10 PM

To be honest, I don't think the first episode was that "rushed". Yeah it covered a lot of chapters and was pretty fast-paced, but if I recall correct, it didn't skip any content (correct me if I'm wrong). I do hate that the episode ended with that cliffhanger though, lol.

Jul 10, 2015 2:11 PM

It was a very episode.

I felt bad for the boys. They got owned by the student councils so badly.

Jul 10, 2015 2:14 PM

geralt said:
it's all good.

Jul 10, 2015 2:16 PM

StandoffishMan said:
Gintama has jokes that involve shoving kunais into assholes, shooting a Bazooka at your superior officer. stealing money and food from your friends. No one complains.

Prison school does a similar type of sadistic humour. tons of people lose their minds.

MAL logic.

People need a hyped up anime to hate on.

Jul 10, 2015 2:17 PM

Yeoun said:
geralt said:
it's all good.

"One must die and one must live. No victory, no defeat. The survivor will carry on the fight. It is our destiny... The one who survives will inherit the title of Boss. And the one who inherits the title of Boss will face an existence of endless battle."

Jul 10, 2015 2:17 PM

Eww, WTH is this, I can't even make it past of half episode. This is so unfunny and terrible
I need to clean my eyes X_X

Jul 10, 2015 2:18 PM
Yeoun said:
geralt said:
it's all good.

Modified by BTAG, Jul 10, 2015 2:28 PM

Jul 10, 2015 2:18 PM

Yeoun said:
geralt said:
it's all good.

Jul 10, 2015 2:19 PM

Chillingflames said:
Yeoun said:

ahh k thought he meant the other one still i forgot the scene with kiyo and gaku ^^

Jul 10, 2015 2:20 PM

This thread is top kek.
"Hi!"

Jul 10, 2015 2:20 PM

Stupidest anime this season

Jul 10, 2015 2:21 PM

Chaos Dragon is indeed very average. But was it that hyped up though?

Jul 10, 2015 2:22 PM

Mod Note: removed a series of derailing comments exchanged between several users. Please talk about the show, not each other.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Jul 10, 2015 2:22 PM
antonnn said:
StandoffishMan said:

MAL logic.

People need a hyped up anime to hate on.

I wouldn't even consider the anime hyped. A large amount of the manga fans, myself included, were very pessimistic about how they could faithfully adapt an incredible manga. The art of the manga just doesn't translate well.

Jul 10, 2015 2:24 PM

antonnn said:
Chaos Dragon is indeed very average. But was it that hyped up though?

Nasu, Urobuchi and Narita on the same series, I don't know you tell me.

Jul 10, 2015 2:25 PM

Vooo said:
Stupidest anime this season

Jul 10, 2015 2:26 PM

I feel kinda conflicted. The art says take me seriously but the actual content says otherwise. I dont know what to think of this anime for now but it is funny. I like the scene next episode where the sadist girl sits on one of the guys face. Lol
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou

Jul 10, 2015 2:26 PM

So is it kinda confirmed to be 1 cour?

"One must die and one must live. No victory, no defeat. The survivor will carry on the fight. It is our destiny... The one who survives will inherit the title of Boss. And the one who inherits the title of Boss will face an existence of endless battle."

Jul 10, 2015 2:30 PM
-BigBoss- said:
So is it kinda confirmed to be 1 cour?

It seems that way. If it ends with the event that we all think it will end on, then it will be insanely rushed, and completely ruined.

Jul 10, 2015 2:34 PM

So... ehm, where is the good writing? It must have flew over my head.

Jul 10, 2015 2:36 PM

Some things are just meant to be manga, nothing more.

Jul 10, 2015 2:39 PM

Arcanix said:
So... ehm, where is the good writing? It must have flew over my head.

You can't judge the writing as a whole based on one rushed as fuck episode.

Jul 10, 2015 2:41 PM
Pretty good 1st episode

Jul 10, 2015 2:43 PM

First impression...this one is real funny.
Those guys got beat up...man this is a bloody series.
Hm, let's see how this series going to turns out.
Hoping it will get better and don't have those censor...it's just some panties why oh Japan.

Jul 10, 2015 2:45 PM
IcyBurn said:
za21 said:

Yeah, using reviews from critics is so not credible. Somewhere like MAL is definitely the place for critical thinking and is obviously more credible. What a joke. Anybody who says that ANN isn't credible has no valid reasons. And it's not just them btw.
Western opinions are irrelevant since they dont affect the market what anime studios really care about, Japan.

also you keep its more than just ann but have to actual provide any other sources. Unless by no just them you mean twitter comments.

-BigBoss- said:

Don't think opinions in the west even matter that much tbh even if it is true what he is saying.

True.

I don't understand how people can argue this. There is no importance whatsoever in a western anime site's opinion.

Jul 10, 2015 2:53 PM

Dropping this for the season that have already been mentioned.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Jul 10, 2015 2:59 PM

IcyBurn said:
Guranto-kun said:
DUMP.MP3
Lol.

They better not rush the conception of that masterpiece!

Art's weird, but passable. Pacing is too fast, though. Doesn't give time for the comedy to sink in before rushing on to the next joke. Still, I enjoyed watching it overall.
"There's no shame in falling down... true shame is to not stand up again!"

"Aah? Of course I won't miss!"

"My blood tastes like Iron."

"Run through the tape in life! Never give up! Run through the tape!"

Jul 10, 2015 3:06 PM

So many people complaining about censorship, I thought it was fine, a lot better than cockroaches playing basketball in terra.
Modified by ninja88880, Jul 10, 2015 3:09 PM

Jul 10, 2015 3:11 PM

JC, you have to deliver this good in the next episodes.
[center]

Jul 10, 2015 3:17 PM

Hilarious.. much much better than what i expected XD
+ Funny: i know what happened/will happen still funny.
+ Art/Animation: perfect for it, very close to the manga.
+ Voices: all of them fits very well, specially my boy Gakuto.
+ OP & ED: i like them both.
- Very fast pace.
- Censored.
even with the censorship, i enjoyed it alot.. definitely rewatchable (uncensored) :p

Jul 10, 2015 3:18 PM

Wow that was quick. Covered way more content than I thought it would in the first episode alone. At least it means we'll get our "evolution" episode-lesson quicker.

Unfortunately, the damn censorship takes the spirit of the series away, but I guess I should have expected this.

HaXXspetten said:
Plus points:
+ Femdom
+ Originality
+ HanaKana voicing a crazy person

Minus points:
- Excessive sun glare censorship
- Girls with boobs bigger than their heads
- OP sucks
- Supposedly pretty rushed

Overall though quite a lot of fun. Perhaps not on TLRD's or Monster Musume's level of ecchi but I'm sure I'll have a good time watching this too

Oh, if they do this right, the level of ecchi will be far beyond.....

Jul 10, 2015 3:19 PM

Some shows are meant to be manga and nothing more. Prison School is one of those shows.

This was a terrible episode.

Jul 10, 2015 3:20 PM
royaldocks said:
I dont know if the anime is going to reach this part of the manga . But later on the Tables will turn and Karma would strike and all the suffering of the boys would be rewarded

Why am I not surprised. If anime tell us anything, it's that "men will always win out over dominating female overlords". I am finding the antics of the guys amusing so far, so I hope this will turn out to be more complicated that the typical 'men triumph/women fail' tropes that happen so often.

And I find the complaints about the censoring a bit perplexing. Are you really admitting that you watch anime for panty shots? I find that I watch anime first for the voice work, then the characters and then the art style. I can see it being annoying if the entire screen is blocked by censors, but I find that a beam of light or puff of steam is not distracting at all.

My two cents.

Jul 10, 2015 3:30 PM

Pacing and censorship kinda killed it, but good start nonetheless

the characters seem interesting as well, rare for an ecchi

don't think 12 eps will cut it tho

Jul 10, 2015 3:42 PM

i honesly though it would b better whn furst heard th name but whats up with it let down a bit now

Jul 10, 2015 3:43 PM

Too rushed though for my taste but still, my sides, this was comedy gold! Thanks based Mizushima!

Pages (10) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »