Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Prison School Episode 1 Discussion

Jul 10, 2015 12:21 PM

Adrasteiax said:
Well, I'm extremely glad this is censored, although I'm probably one of the only straight girls watching this. I don't like ecchi, but I can handle it if there's a good plot.

You're not the only one here :) And don't really like ecchi either...
Don't care about the content they're censoring, it's just a bit annoying to have that huge white line across the screen for me...
But won't keep watching this...

Jul 10, 2015 12:21 PM

LOL! This was hilarious! 5/5. I found myself chuckling quite a few times throughout the episode.
Seeing some manga readers bitch about the ep made me glad I didn't read the source material before the anime.

I like Hana. ❤ ❤ ❤ She can go from normal to bitch in 0.5 seconds.

Nice fanservice and the censors didn't bother me too much.

Vice-Pres boobs are so bouncy.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Jul 10, 2015 12:23 PM

I couldn't stop laughing throughout the whole ep! The VA are absolutely perfect imo and I believe the did a great job pacing the first ep. The animation is beautiful as well. Sadly it's censored so I'll rewatch when BDs release.

Jul 10, 2015 12:24 PM

Did anyone know when will the bd version comes out??

Jul 10, 2015 12:26 PM

this was a very hilarious chapter
i cant wait to see the next one

Armisrael
The fate of Destruction▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Deviant
is also the joy of Rebirth ▬ ▬▬Beast
Twtr
Arael

Jul 10, 2015 12:28 PM

So upon the re-watch and the re-read of the anime and manga I'd say that the pacing is spot on. There was a lot of dialogue in these first few chapters and they really only omitted 2-3 pages from the 5 1/2 chapters they adapted.

My only complaint is that...
[spoiler]The subbing for the dialogue when Kiyoshi dropped the phone. Gakuto doesn't say that he should have Kiyoshi's head shaved but instead that he should commit seppuku.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?

first half of the episode was funny, the second half, eh, not so much. i think i'll prefer the dudes getting up to no good than anything else.

Monjoex said:
Did anyone know when will the bd version comes out??

Yeah when the anime finishes, I think September 28 or 29 is the first BD release date.

Oh yeah people really shouldn't complain too much about the art, they were NEVER going to be able to replicate the manga. No chance. They'd run out of budget after 2 episodes.

This is hilarious xD one of the best Anime this season! Those 5 are really funny!

Jul 10, 2015 12:30 PM

SchwingBoner said:

Seeing some manga readers bitch about the ep made me glad I didn't read the source material before the anime.

Have you not seen the reaction from those who haven't read the manga? Most people loathe it. They absolutely hate it. Just take a look at these impressions:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/preview-guide/2015/summer/prison-school/.89903

Jul 10, 2015 12:33 PM

i am praying for the gods of anime that AT-X will have an uncensored version .
i dont care much for the ecchi aspect , but the censoring just takes it outa place if you've read the manga.

Jul 10, 2015 12:35 PM

Overall fun episode.
Also this anime shows why japanese boys are shut-ins. Dat IRL tsundere girls.

Jul 10, 2015 12:37 PM

I love the guy with the glasses. I have a feeling he will be funniest one.

Jul 10, 2015 12:38 PM

I feel... *crushed* I was so excited for this. SO EXCITED. I was just going to take a peek here at the ep1 discussion bc I've already read it (so no spoilers for me) and I see that it's CENSORED. >.<

I am trying to decide between:
- watch it now and then re-watch it after they release an uncensored version
- do NOT watch it now and wait for the uncensored version

Ahhhhh...this really sucks. I hate getting super excited for an anime only to be majorly disappointed bc of censorship. Sorry to rant on and on but I hate censorship. </3

Jul 10, 2015 12:40 PM

DUMP.MP3

Jul 10, 2015 12:41 PM

Good. The male MC is not some nice and selfless guy that wants to help out everyone

Jul 10, 2015 12:42 PM

Guranto-kun said:
DUMP.MP3
Lol.

Jul 10, 2015 12:42 PM
Guranto-kun said:
DUMP.MP3

lol

Jul 10, 2015 12:44 PM

deathbyglitter said:
I feel... *crushed* I was so excited for this. SO EXCITED. I was just going to take a peek here at the ep1 discussion bc I've already read it (so no spoilers for me) and I see that it's CENSORED. >.<

Ahhhhh...this really sucks. I hate getting super excited for an anime only to be majorly disappointed bc of censorship. Sorry to rant on and on but I hate censorship. </3

This is an anime that is watched for the comedy and not the uncensored fanservice. If this was To Love Ru, then yes, I would be ranting,

Jul 10, 2015 12:45 PM

deathbyglitter said:

I'd watch it. The censorship sucks something major but it's not totally censored.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?

Jul 10, 2015 12:45 PM

I love the manga much, but I can give this episode 4/5 at best for some very obvious reasons.

- Felt too rushed
- Ridiculous censorship

Art didn't disappoint me in the slightest. Though art in manga seems a bit better to me. OP is fine, ED is better. So many hot girls in this show, Jesus. This summer season is great.

Jul 10, 2015 12:50 PM

This looks interesting...... It was a bit funny....

Jul 10, 2015 12:52 PM

LOl tht crazy femdom makes me laugh soo much. Wats with the anime this season where girls are just controlling guys like they are nothin
Shirayuki= Most Perfect Female MC ever

Jul 10, 2015 12:53 PM
I believe the anime'll cover till they actually break out (unless it's a split cour). As for the pacing, the manga is HELLISHLY slow sometimes (a recent scene took like....10 chapters?) so I approve of the fast pace.

As for the censoring.....hopefully they don't censor stupid stuff like
. Isn't JC staff also doing like 3 anime at the same time (SnS, PS and something else) so I do admit PC might suffer budget-wise

Jul 10, 2015 12:54 PM

How are you guys even surprised by the pacing? The manga is exactly the kind of story that is bound to get briskly paced as an anime, not to mention JC Staff. They want to get to the good stuff so it'll sell more. All we can do is hope the more glorious moments are handled properly and the comedy doesn't take a hit any more than it will from the censorship.

Best boy Gakuto is the highlight with his VA and how over the top he comes across. I forgot he had tried to save Kiyoshi when they were caught. His righteousness knows no bounds.

Jul 10, 2015 12:55 PM
offensive, unfunny, and with terrible art. i'm not sure about this one; i might give it another episode or two, but eh..

Jul 10, 2015 12:55 PM
Tokoya said:
antonnn said:
According to some guy who read the AT-X website, apparently they are going to use the same broadcast.

And there we have it.
FML

Oh well, I think I can be able to pull through until the BD's comes out....The episode is subbed now btw

When will the BD's come out?

Jul 10, 2015 12:56 PM

vodall said:
offensive, unfunny, and with terrible art. i'm not sure about this one; i might give it another episode or two, but eh..

unfunny and terrible art: fine, thats your opinion. Wont question you on it.

But how is it offensive?

Jul 10, 2015 12:59 PM

ooo333 said:
vodall said:

But how is it offensive?

I guess the guys being tortured. You know there's no guy in the right mind would take it as a pleasure.
Haters always gonna hate.

Jul 10, 2015 1:00 PM

vodall said:

Terrible art? really? JC staff have upped their game in the last few years. I thought it was pretty good.

Jul 10, 2015 1:00 PM

Farabeuf said:
As a huge, huge fan of the manga, this adaptation filled me with hope and dread in equal measure.

So far:

The good- Voices and character designs were pretty well acomplished (not as pretty as the manga though) and they didn't take liberties with the story.

The bad: That censoring and the pacing. It's going so fast that you don't really get a chance to take the humour in. One of the great virtues of the manga is that they make an instant seem like hours, exaggerating the tension and awkwardness of any given situation. I feel that will be missing in this adaptation. Let's see how they do in the next epsiodes,

agree. voices are great, somewhat agree with the character designs, in general they are pretty good but the way the anime is trying almost too hard to recreate certain expressions makes them look weird in animated form also the coloring and shading is weird

cesnorship is actually alot worse than i expected, there is going to be some insane censorship in the future and the series in general is not doing any of the meiko panels justice

and completely agree with your points regarding the pacing, which is a huge issue

still it was alright

just not doing the manga justice in the way the comedy is done, the art and the ecchi obviously

op and ed are alright..

also what do people consider the first arc? because when i think about the first arc i think about
Modified by xSanox, Jul 10, 2015 2:47 PM

Jul 10, 2015 1:01 PM

Crashmatt said:
vodall said:

Terrible art? really? JC staff have upped their game in the last few years. I thought it was pretty good.

The art was just the same as the manga actually.
Haters always gonna hate.

Jul 10, 2015 1:01 PM
ooo333 said:
vodall said:

But how is it offensive?

the comedy is actually the only thing i consider offensive, but i can still understand why other people like it. i am just not big on this type of crude humour.

Jul 10, 2015 1:02 PM

vodall said:

No surprises here, this isn't the type of show a girl would enjoy, what even brought you here?

Jul 10, 2015 1:02 PM

vodall said:

I'm with you on this for the most part. I want to like this anime, just because of the good things I've heard from people who've read the manga, but there's just so many things preventing me from doing so, the 3 reasons you listed being the main problems I have with it.

"If ever you fall, I'll be there"- Floor

"I have a dream: a dream that, one day,
chickens can cross roads without
having their motives questioned."
- Chicken rights activist

"I love Matt! 💗." - Me

Jul 10, 2015 1:03 PM

The censoring didnt bother me tbh. If you want the good fanservice, read the manga. This was fun for what it was.

Jul 10, 2015 1:04 PM

Drake1000 said:
vodall said:

No surprises here, this isn't the type of show a girl would enjoy, what even brought you here?

I like some series that have crude humour or an over-abundance of ecchi/smut. Sure, I admit I probably don't quite appreciate it as much as a male audience might, but I can enjoy shows like that nonetheless. I can't enjoy this series though, for several different reasons.

"I love Matt! 💗." - Me

Jul 10, 2015 1:07 PM

SnugglyWhuggly said:
Drake1000 said:

I like some series that have crude humour or an over-abundance of ecchi/smut. Sure, I admit I probably don't quite appreciate it as much as a male audience might, but I can enjoy shows like that nonetheless. I can't enjoy this series though, for several different reasons.
oh ur a female that figures i was confused by ur posting but now it all makes sense

Jul 10, 2015 1:07 PM
Drake1000 said:
vodall said:

because of the director; I've enjoyed most of his other works (save for Plastic Neesan which I have the same problem with), so I felt obliged to check it out. also wanted to see why it was so popular/well-liked, and while I got my answer, it's not up my alley.

Jul 10, 2015 1:12 PM

xSanox said:
Farabeuf said:
As a huge, huge fan of the manga, this adaptation filled me with hope and dread in equal measure.

So far:

The good- Voices and character designs were pretty well acomplished (not as pretty as the manga though) and they didn't take liberties with the story.

The bad: That censoring and the pacing. It's going so fast that you don't really get a chance to take the humour in. One of the great virtues of the manga is that they make an instant seem like hours, exaggerating the tension and awkwardness of any given situation. I feel that will be missing in this adaptation. Let's see how they do in the next epsiodes,

agree. voices are great, somewhat agree with the character designs, in general they are pretty good but the way the anime is trying almost too hard to recreate certain expressions makes them look weird in animated form.

cesnorship is actually alot worse than i expected, there is going to be some insane censorship in the future and the series in general is not doing any of the meiko panels justice

and completely agree with your points regarding the pacing, which is a huge issue

still it was alright

just not doing the manga justice in the way the comedy is done, the art and the ecchi obviously

op and ed are alright.. but censorship is actually the least of its problem failing at capturing

also what do people consider the first arc? because when i think about the first arc i think about

Yeah, first arc is up to 82, that's the only way to consider it really. If they keep going at breakneck pace they might try to do the entire 82 in the 12.

Jul 10, 2015 1:12 PM

6 chapters in an episode so 12 episodes confirmed? Hmm.

Episode was OK. It was really just the strength of the source and the VAs that did it for me. The visuals were off-putting with the lack of detail and shading Hiramoto puts into his art, and having no in-between animation doesn't help. Oh well.
Modified by gedata, Jul 10, 2015 1:15 PM

Jul 10, 2015 1:14 PM
SnugglyWhuggly said:
vodall said:

I'm with you on this for the most part. I want to like this anime, just because of the good things I've heard from people who've read the manga, but there's just so many things preventing me from doing so, the 3 reasons you listed being the main problems I have with it.

In terms of the manga, it is insanely funny and has the best art I have ever seen. I can see it being offensive to some, but everything about it is great. The art in the anime makes me want to vomit. Some parts just look terrible. The art in the manga is so photorealistic that it was going to be near impossible to make it look decent.

If the anime doesn't get better, I can't recommend reading the manga enough. It's one of the most suspenseful things I've ever seen.

Jul 10, 2015 1:19 PM

OMG!!!!!! When the glasses chick spit on the big guy, her spit hit the camera!!!!! SHE SPIT ON US AS WELL!!!!!!!!!! =D

Jul 10, 2015 1:21 PM
That headmaster in the op though..

Jul 10, 2015 1:21 PM

i read like 7 chapters of this anime to know what i was going to watch but wtf this was a really fast pacing, i didn't like it at all. anyway the animation is great.

Jul 10, 2015 1:24 PM

Harem_King said:
oh ur a female that figures i was confused by ur posting but now it all makes sense

I've enjoyed shows such as Kill La Kill and Mnemosyne, so it's not a case of "I'm a girl so I don't like ecchi/female sexulazation". My main issue with the first episode was that it simply wasn't funny in the slightest, and while I haven't read the manga, I'd agree with people on here that the pacing was insanely fast.
The artwork was horrible too, which is forgiveable if an anime is great otherwise, but it isn't.

BTAG said:
In terms of the manga, it is insanely funny and has the best art I have ever seen. I can see it being offensive to some, but everything about it is great. The art in the anime makes me want to vomit. Some parts just look terrible. The art in the manga is so photorealistic that it was going to be near impossible to make it look decent.

If the anime doesn't get better, I can't recommend reading the manga enough. It's one of the most suspenseful things I've ever seen.

I wouldn't call it "offensive" so much as "obnoxious". I've seen a lot worse and this was tame by comparison, but ecchi does annoy me if it's in your face about it.
I'm a procrastinator when it comes to a lot of things, and manga is one of those things that takes top spot, lol. So I doubt I'll ever actually getting around to reading it I'm afraid to say. I haven't even read anything of what I've currently been reading for the past 2 months now.

"I love Matt! 💗." - Me

Jul 10, 2015 1:25 PM

Xenocrisi said:
i read like 7 chapters of this anime to know what i was going to watch but wtf this was a really fast pacing, i didn't like it at all. anyway the animation is great.
if they slowed down the pacing this first episode would have been boring

Jul 10, 2015 1:26 PM

Oh boi, this is Terra Forcensors all over again.
See ya until BD's.

Jul 10, 2015 1:32 PM

This better be one-cour so that I don't have to suffer through more than twelve episodes of this piece of horse shit
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Salman bin Abdul Aziz said:
@Comic_Sans I hate to insult you on forums but you are just a troll so just go kill yourself already bitch

Jul 10, 2015 1:35 PM

I already see a betrayal happening with he betrayal pledge.

It was okay, $ 100 that the blu ray won't show real p*ssy :(

Pages (10) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »