Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jul 9, 2015 2:59 PM

Jun 2009
CookingPriest said:
sirflimflam said:

So far I can't really get behind this series. One thing I really hate about a number of mystery anime is when they create mysteries that we the viewer can't solve. I may be not remembering enough details about the first episode, so maybe I'm ranting about something irrelevant, but I don't believe there was really anything that suggested this girl was the killer. As for making mention of "that form" -- she had opportunities to see it without being implicitly involved.

She did not.

The class was offlimits and only kobayashi and student council president got into it(the latter after the body was removed).
Akechi also had a total media blackout on the case, so the only way the girl could really know about the shape the teacher was in was if she did it.

The problem is that we as the viewer were barely informed about this.

As a mystery these two episodes were barely holding it together. Motive, modus operandi, and identity of the killer had to be basically drawn out of thin air. For me, this also killed any suspense or emotional attachment I could have felt regarding this first story. The biggest problem I have is that, since the mystery didn't really invite us to solve it with the characters, I have a hard time actually perceiving the characters as intelligent...

The episode was also pretty much all over the place in terms of atmosphere. They rushed too much through all the different set pieces, leaving no time for anything to sink in. So neither the humor nor the horror nor the tragedy really worked on me...it was just about getting to the reveal.
Waiting for: God Eater (PSP)

私が、探偵だからよ。
Jul 9, 2015 3:00 PM

Oct 2009
what a shit.

you tellin me mangas aint japanese colouring books
Jul 9, 2015 3:02 PM

Jan 2013
Metrun said:
Well, I got my expectations turned down.
I thought that there was going to be one big riddle, or a least some longer and connected riddles, and then it looks like it's going to be another episodic series.
Also, I don't like how the watchers can't "participate" in solving the mystery - there aren't really any clues or anything, we only see the anwser - we haven't been informed about teacher's "feelings" before, the culprit is a character we see for the first time ever, etc..
Also, the comedy scenes were very anticlimatic.

Hope this anime gets better.

well to be fair the mystery was easy as fuck,if we got the clues we would be able to solve it as well
corpse-kun scene was cringe worthy cuz so bad
Jul 9, 2015 3:02 PM

Jan 2013
Didn't expect the case to be solved so fast. The character interactions don't feel genuine.
Jul 9, 2015 3:15 PM

Jul 2014
I really like this show. But this was a simple crime. I hope we face a crime that takes upto 4-6 episodes cause then the anticipation feeling will be amazing
Shirayuki= Most Perfect Female MC ever
Jul 9, 2015 3:18 PM

Sep 2007
This was terrible, like serious you guys who like it do you know what a good mystery should look like?
it's literally solved for you in 2 episodes, there are no hints to figure it out yourself, nobody cares, it's solved like nothing. Then it tries to make you feel sorry for the murderer? what, why?

Looks like somebody watched danganrompa and decided to copy that instead of writing a good mystery.
Jul 9, 2015 3:18 PM

Jan 2013
Xenocrisi said:
i can already see people dropping this after these yaoi moments.

im pretty sure people would drop this over a shitty mystery rather then few subtle yaoi scenes (well if you put an S in front of HE its not yaoi anymore)
Jul 9, 2015 3:28 PM

Jul 2007
Rahkshilord said:
there are no hints to figure it out yourself,

Incorrect.

The only throw away was that the suspect was a silhouette too from Kobayashi's POV, but otherwise the clues were there.
Jul 9, 2015 3:29 PM
Oct 2012
seizonsha said:
The problem is that we as the viewer were barely informed about this.

Not true they showed that the school gates were closed when Kobayashi woke up, the classroom had been cordoned off and that there were blue plastic covers over the windows and doors to the hallway and the curtains to the outside had been drawn.

Also, had other students seen the corpse there would have been no way to keep information control on the subject, it was too unique for someone not to comment.

So the information was there to solve the mystery in the first episode, that they focused on the one girl (even shadowed) so much was a clue for us, as was Kobayashi suddenly turning to look at her once she was off screen. This showed he knew then.
Jul 9, 2015 3:30 PM

Aug 2014
Im getting that Another feeling
Jul 9, 2015 3:32 PM

Nov 2012
Some glasses chick jealous that their teacher loved Kobayshi instead of her so she killed him.

Kobayashi caught her using the teacher's phone (that other guy's phone) to bait her & have her confess.

Skeleton ribs and a heart in another chair.

New teacher acting like a retard again.

tl;dr weaker episode than the first which wasn't good to begin with.
Jul 9, 2015 3:32 PM

Aug 2012
I expected this episode to delve deep into the teacher's mindset/psychology, why he was making chairs, why he was killed, and the reason why he was put in that position and maybe reached a conclusion in episode 3 it all seemed too rush IMO. I think that's on me having to watch with so many Hannibal episode. Also, what is with the comedy ? Is this anime trying to hit two genres at the same time ? Comedy and Mystery/Horror .. hmm not sure about that. It just feels like a bad juxtaposition.
Jul 9, 2015 3:34 PM

Jun 2015
Am i the only person who just doesnt like the MC? I find him peculiar and he seems kinda ignorant and smug. XD i cant stand boys like him, OFF with his head! XD
Jul 9, 2015 3:44 PM

Nov 2014
I know this anime will be short… so it worries me that they may try to have a few cases in a short anime (like 10 episodes) if they do all the cases in 2 episodes like the first one I don't think the show is going on the right direction. Two episodes didn't give enough time to introduce many suspects, so every single little detail was important… but at the same time, it made it very obvious who the culprit was. Only time will tell what path this show is taking.
Jul 9, 2015 3:45 PM
Oct 2012
Acropyre said:
Comedy and Mystery/Horror .. hmm not sure about that. It just feels like a bad juxtaposition.

Not my words, but the best explanation of what to expect:

"Camp, in this case, is the springboard into strange territory that is both howlingly comic and, at the same time, shockingly perverse."

This show is not a genre show, it takes elements of mystery, horror, and comedy and blends them together into a unique concoction - imagine if "Silence of the Lambs" was crossed with the 60's version of Batman. That is what this show is.

The main villain of this series, if done properly, will be something that needs to be seen to be believed and even then, you will be shaking your head going: really, Really, REALLY????
Takuan_SohoJul 9, 2015 3:49 PM
Jul 9, 2015 3:48 PM

Jun 2015
Yeah, not digging this show at all.

Kobayashi has an annoying 'too happy' personality. The ending to the case was anti-climatic, felt rushed and overall nothing seems serious - it's a murder case and Kobayashi is talking all happy to the killer.

Gonna drop this.

The two episodes get a 4/10 cause the animation isn't too shabby and there was at least some suspense.
Jul 9, 2015 3:58 PM

Oct 2013
Two episodes and I hate the MC. I tough this anime maybe was something like "Oh, horror and mistery, the main character looks like a girl, but maybe this is serious??? I don't think that the MC is weird or something. Let's give it a chance."

I was not fucking wrong. This is black comedy? Really? Everybody in that city is CRAZY!
Im in love and hate with this; I don't think I can finish this anime; so many things in one.

Yaoi fanservice, the MC looks like a girl, a dude who is so smart and don't go to school, the teacher was a crazy dude and nobody knows nothing, the students maybe are too, the MC is crazy and his personality is horrible to me. I can'T StaND HIM.

But who knows??? Maybe the other chapters can be more nice? idk. Just we can wait.
Jul 9, 2015 4:08 PM
Apr 2015
Vanisher said:
Stark700 said:

This scene almost made me drop the anime, it was so fucking terrible. Also the teacher jumping thing was terrible as well. Fuck comedy.

It was alright outside of that.
Yeah, I thought it was a little out of place to.
Jul 9, 2015 4:17 PM

Dec 2010
"I could be his chair!"

Kek.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 9, 2015 4:20 PM

Aug 2012
Takuan_Soho said:
Acropyre said:
Comedy and Mystery/Horror .. hmm not sure about that. It just feels like a bad juxtaposition.

Not my words, but the best explanation of what to expect:

"Camp, in this case, is the springboard into strange territory that is both howlingly comic and, at the same time, shockingly perverse."

This show is not a genre show, it takes elements of mystery, horror, and comedy and blends them together into a unique concoction - imagine if "Silence of the Lambs" was crossed with the 60's version of Batman. That is what this show is.

The main villain of this series, if done properly, will be something that needs to be seen to be believed and even then, you will be shaking your head going: really, Really, REALLY????

yea, like a unique concoction that makes want to vomit .. What upppp
Jul 9, 2015 4:22 PM
Mar 2014
It's like Hannibal but without the good acting and with even worse writing. How many times did they mention the girl wanting to be his chair in the episode?
Jul 9, 2015 4:28 PM
Sep 2014
Damn that episode was a let down. Was hoping the momentum I felt from episode 1 would carry over but it didn't.
Jul 9, 2015 4:33 PM

Aug 2014
Someone should drop a nuke on that place and clean earth from those weardos. is there even a normal character? Oh well still watching.

Oh, pitiful shadow cloaked in darkness.
Thy actions cause men pain and suffering.
Thy hollow soul drowns in thy sins.
How would you like to see what death is like?
-Enma Ai
Jul 9, 2015 4:33 PM

Sep 2013
Just so many things wrong with this anime i was so mindfucked after watching this shit.I dont even know what i should say about. It tries to have cute comedy but at the same time fucked up ( really fucked up like wtf is happening this doesnt make any sense ) plot.I mean they wanted to be turned into chairs????

4/10 still not dropping it because i wanna see how terrible and fucked up the mystery can get.Also i know that the writter of the stuff wich the anime is based on rights stuff likethis but that doesnt mean i dont have the right to dislike it.
Jul 9, 2015 4:50 PM

Feb 2015
So bad that it's good.
Jul 9, 2015 4:54 PM

Oct 2014
The characters' reactions are killing me dropped
Jul 9, 2015 5:00 PM

Jun 2014
Shit this whole murder investigation ended in 2 episodes. Thought it would last longer...
All credit goes to Sacred.
Jul 9, 2015 5:28 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014

Let's just hope the other cases are better.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Jul 9, 2015 5:29 PM

Jun 2013
This anime is awesome!!!
Some of these characters are soo fucked up though
Jul 9, 2015 5:30 PM

Aug 2013
Well at least the new homeroom teacher was not the killer so good with that. Kobayashi is very smart boy so that's pretty good that he was able to figure the case, however that whole "I never had so much fun" or "It's fun seeing who you are" well probably get on my nerves in future episodes but I'll still watch it.
Jul 9, 2015 5:50 PM

Jan 2014
Never thought of that girl as a murderer always thought it was their new teacher , I wonder what that key for at the end of the ep hmm let's see..
Jul 9, 2015 5:52 PM

May 2011
Such twisted episode but very interesting regardless. Wonder what other murder case are in store for us.

P.S Did'nt expect that Yaoi though
Jul 9, 2015 5:59 PM

Dec 2013
Mixed feelings for this series so far. Love crime solving shows bt I hate the MC.
Jul 9, 2015 6:04 PM
Oct 2012
SakurasouBusters said:
Some of these characters are soo fucked up though

You ain't seen nothing yet. The success of this show will be how much more fucked up they can make the characters, so in the end the teacher/student this episode should be proven to have been relatively pedestrian. This show needs villains that will take Kobayashi to the next level.

Liked that even Akechi was a bit disturbed by the chair (watch his eyes), Kobayashi trolled him there (which is why he accepted Kobayashi as his disciple).

That is what this show has promised us, if they can deliver, then this will be a treat.
Jul 9, 2015 6:08 PM

Jun 2012
Yeah Im not gonna waste my time with this show. Terrible episode, and the MC acting like a retard really got on my nerves. Literally too gay for me.
Dropped.
Jul 9, 2015 6:37 PM

Oct 2011
The killer is a student who loved her teacher 0____0
Jul 9, 2015 7:18 PM

Sep 2011
I think the people spazzing out about this episode simply don't realize how twisted Japanese literature can be outside of the rather bland light novel arena. I remember reading a collection of Japanese short stories that included one about a cannibal who devised an intricate setup to allow him to eat himself :S
Jul 9, 2015 7:27 PM
Sep 2014
scruffykiwi said:
I think the people spazzing out about this episode simply don't realize how twisted Japanese literature can be outside of the rather bland light novel arena. I remember reading a collection of Japanese short stories that included one about a cannibal who devised an intricate setup to allow him to eat himself :S

I want to see that animated
Jul 9, 2015 7:29 PM

Jul 2010
Paulo27 said:
This show is shit, just shit.
Can the trap die? That'd at least be a step in the right direction, fuck the trap, drags the little show has going for it right down to the bottom, the blushing shounen doesn't help but fuck the trap most of all.
lmao when the trap thought the teacher was going to flirt with him, this is all just fucking hilarious "the teacher was going to leave his 14 year old girlfriend and go for the 13 year old trap" Suuuuure, gotta get that 13 yo boypussy, amirite?
And of course, instead of killing your "rival" you kill your love, GOOD FUCKING JAAB!

The best thing about this show is how pissed off the trap makes people. lol

Anyway, I love how insensitive Kobayashi is to certain aspects. His side kick though is fucking annoying as hell with all his blushing. Dude likes Kobayashi and that's cool, but god his behavior drives me crazy. I hope they don't continue to run with this for the entire show.

Also the chair scene with the teacher was hilarious at the end. XD
Jul 9, 2015 7:39 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
For the record, even though I fell in love with this series, I didn't want them to dwell on this murder case for the entire series/have the MC in the hot seat for it so I was glad to see that they wrapped it up and very nicely at that too

Gotta say that even though the MC has lots of screws loose lol, they way he and his friend solved this case was brilliant and I'm glad that now he'll work together with the cool detective guy

Great episode yet again
Jul 9, 2015 7:52 PM
Oct 2012
MEsoJD said:
Dude likes Kobayashi and that's cool, but god his behavior drives me crazy. I hope they don't continue to run with this for the entire show.

This is a feature, not a defect. Kobayashi knows that his classmate is in love with him, that was why he trolled him this episode with his "imagination". The camera angles made this quite clear.

While I may be disappointed, this show is tacking hard to the perverse angle, so I think that ultimately the conclusion will be warped. That is what I am looking forward to, anything less would be a waste.
Jul 9, 2015 8:07 PM

Jan 2014
I don't see why everyone is complaining about the shounen-ai (not yaoi), it's pretty easy to convince yourself that Kobayashi is a girl.
Did you see that ending scene, no way Kobayashi is a boy... right?... right.... RIGHT!!?
I love Christine

"If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. He will put some things behind, will pass an invisible boundary; In proportion as he simplifies his life, the laws of the universe will appear less complex, and solitude will not be solitude, nor poverty poverty, nor weakness weakness." - Henry David Thoreau

Jul 9, 2015 8:11 PM
Apr 2013
Holy shit, this show is BAD. I'm going to keep watching it just because I think I have to see this trainwreck all the way through now. I want to see what other miracles the apparently psychic trap MC can pull out of his ass.

I burst out laughing every time that girl talked about wanting to be his chair...none of these characters feel real at all lol
Jul 9, 2015 8:26 PM

Jul 2010
Takuan_Soho said:
MEsoJD said:
Dude likes Kobayashi and that's cool, but god his behavior drives me crazy. I hope they don't continue to run with this for the entire show.

This is a feature, not a defect. Kobayashi knows that his classmate is in love with him, that was why he trolled him this episode with his "imagination". The camera angles made this quite clear.

While I may be disappointed, this show is tacking hard to the perverse angle, so I think that ultimately the conclusion will be warped. That is what I am looking forward to, anything less would be a waste.

Yeah, it's just that the guy is so damn pathetic.
Jul 9, 2015 8:29 PM

Jul 2010
ThrashMatto said:
I don't see why everyone is complaining about the shounen-ai (not yaoi), it's pretty easy to convince yourself that Kobayashi is a girl.
Did you see that ending scene, no way Kobayashi is a boy... right?... right.... RIGHT!!?

A lot of people are homophobic (many probably religious too haha) on mal. It's been this way for awhile.
Jul 9, 2015 8:37 PM

Apr 2015
Kobayashi's sudden confirmation of what took place before/during the murder felt really anti-climatic, but it's not as if there's much you can twist to it either. Although I'm not fond of the dark humor these type of novels have, it was good seeing the teacher's goodbye.
Jul 9, 2015 8:37 PM

Feb 2013
CookingPriest said:
Rahkshilord said:
there are no hints to figure it out yourself,

Incorrect.

The only throw away was that the suspect was a silhouette too from Kobayashi's POV, but otherwise the clues were there.

Other clues like?
Jul 9, 2015 9:00 PM
Jun 2014
that episode made about as much sense as a donald trump speech

Most intense episode since death parade 10 10/10 would cut wrists again
Jul 9, 2015 9:06 PM
Oct 2012
ASCRedScarf said:
that episode made about as much sense as a donald trump speech

I thought it made more sense. Hoshino is every abused woman. She found someone she thinks "understood" her and in finding this person was willing to suffer any abuse to maintain this attention.

Give this to the teacher, he only wanted to convert his love to art, most abusers only want to destroy the woman' souls.

In this, the teacher was far more pure than the average lout.
Jul 9, 2015 9:09 PM
Jun 2014
pretty sure he destroyed their souls by killing them and turning them into chairs.
edit: and where did it ever imply these people were abused
ASCRedScarfJul 9, 2015 9:14 PM
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ranpo Kitan: Game of Laplace Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2015

146 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 4, 2023 11:47 AM

Poll: » Ranpo Kitan: Game of Laplace Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 3, 2015

70 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 4, 2023 10:45 AM

Poll: » Ranpo Kitan: Game of Laplace Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Takuan_Soho - Jul 30, 2015

235 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 4, 2023 8:35 AM

Poll: » Ranpo Kitan: Game of Laplace Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 23, 2015

137 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 4, 2023 8:06 AM

Poll: » Ranpo Kitan: Game of Laplace Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 16, 2015

206 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 4, 2023 6:58 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.