Forum Settings
Forums
New
Do you like the boy/the man?
Jul 9, 2015 4:52 AM

Jan 2015
So, do you like the boy/the man? Why?

I'm indifferent to him, kinda leaning towards yes.

Some might say he has a terrifying presence, but I see something ethereal about him. Warm even. Even though he, y'know.....splat. I see him as someone who was just trying to do what he thought was right.
Status_EffectJul 9, 2015 5:00 AM
Jul 11, 2015 7:57 AM

Mar 2015
I don't dislike them,that's for sure.

They don't really have a fleshed out personality but I still found them interesting because they had something enigmatic about them.

I thought a lot about this movie and it became a very personal one for me tbh.I thought about some backstories for them (created my own headcannon) and Idk but for me,the girl represents something I had in my childhood;innocence and the boy is pretty much a represenation of a state I personally see myself in right now.
It's hard to really "analyse" the characters and their actions and I just end up seeing them for what I want to see them.
Jul 11, 2015 8:10 AM

Jan 2015
HeroKenzan said:
I don't dislike them,that's for sure.

They don't really have a fleshed out personality but I still found them interesting because they had something enigmatic about them.

I thought a lot about this movie and it became a very personal one for me tbh.I thought about some backstories for them (created my own headcannon) and Idk but for me,the girl represents something I had in my childhood;innocence and the boy is pretty much a represenation of a state I personally see myself in right now.
It's hard to really "analyse" the characters and their actions and I just end up seeing them for what I want to see them.

Yeah, I get you. The girl and the boy clearly represent innocence and the shattering of that innocence.

It is a difficult movie to analyse.
Jun 4, 2017 7:50 AM

Aug 2012
My opinion is that the boy is in love with the girl. When he sees the skeleton of the man bird he starts remembering what reality is and what is truly going on. And he tries to help the girl see it too. But she refuses. In an ultimate effort he tries to force her back to reality by destroying the egg and fails. I feel sad for him. He is like the prince that kisses his princess and gets drawn in her dream in an attempt to wake her up, but he fails.
Oct 22, 2021 9:41 AM
Dec 2017
yeah i found the cast to be interesteing despite minimal dialogue

Jan 19, 2022 2:01 AM
Nov 2020
i see the guy as a self aware false prophet, he needs to keep on the hoax because the stability that the status quo gives is a greater good than hope and dreams (the egg). Idk probably i have a wrong perspective but i saw it like that and its pretty representative xdddd
Feb 18, 2022 12:05 PM
May 2016
If the egg is hope, and the girl is innocence, then what he did makes him more than rude.
Still liked him though.
Mar 28, 2022 10:27 PM

Mar 2019
EnvyWest said:
If the egg is hope, and the girl is innocence, then what he did makes him more than rude.
Still liked him though.

That's what I was thinking also. I guess that he was trying to get her to let go of those things and see the world really is? At least I think so, I didn't really understand this movie.
Nov 24, 2022 2:28 AM

Dec 2020
I think i can relate to him in his curiosity to know what's inside the egg, even if it comes with a price/sin.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Angel's Egg Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Eudaimonia - Feb 12, 2012

134 by Karva1 »»
Mar 9, 7:44 AM

» Can someone explain the story of this anime to me

KishinEgg - Jun 25, 2020

7 by mokkocchi »»
Jan 8, 7:49 AM

» Life Lessons I learned from watching Angels Egg

BestListMAL - Apr 11, 2023

8 by Zarutaku »»
Oct 17, 2023 8:54 AM

» The deep complexity of Angels Egg

BestListMAL - Mar 25, 2023

10 by Sid19960919 »»
Sep 28, 2023 12:56 AM

» do we really desire freedom or we just want the illusion of free choice?

murisio - Sep 6, 2022

8 by skttrbrain_ »»
Sep 17, 2022 3:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.