Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 6, 2015 10:27 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This is adorable. From the OP theme song to the return of the main cast, it was so refreshing to see it Summer again.

Good to see the friends again.

Renge hopping along in the countryside is always adorable. I also loved that little salute she did.
Jul 6, 2015 12:23 PM

Dec 2011
So good to have this series back.

So it actually is repeating the same year then. I had a feeling it would be. Having this confirmed got me feeling down for all of a few seconds before my love of the series overwhelmed this and I slipped back into blissful pleasure

It's a Renge-focused episode to start with this time, so it isn't long before we get more awesome Renge-isms. Practicing going to school eh?

And they show Renge round the school.

Miyauchi Renge-dono!

Hikage is great as usual too.

Mobile phones. They can do anything:

"Is that Haute couture?"
"Is that Haute couture?"
"What's Haute couture?"

Not much Hotaru this episode, as she only arrives at the end.

Beautiful scenery this episode as well, of course.

Going to rewatch the episode tomorrow. Also of course.
kuuderes_shadowJul 6, 2015 12:31 PM
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Jul 6, 2015 12:31 PM

Nov 2012
It's been way too long! Summer with Non Non Biyori is perfect.
Jul 6, 2015 12:32 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
I missed this so badly, even though i only watched the first season not long ago. Great to see it back, i can feel the peace already, smiled almost for the entire episode again and got goosebumps.

So a flashback episode, what happened before Hotarun arrived. Lovely.
Jul 6, 2015 12:40 PM

Nov 2012
kuuurt said:
I can already feel the healing.

this.

loved the episode, i missed this show so much! and that new ED is great.
Jul 6, 2015 12:40 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
"Nothing Happens - Moe Edition" makes its encore, woo~

Not a whole lot to say. Just NNB being NNB as usual

Gotta say though, the new OP was awesome. Easily the best part of the episode
Jul 6, 2015 12:48 PM

Mar 2009
Good to have NNB back.
Renge was adorable as always, her gasp was too cute.
Jul 6, 2015 12:48 PM

Jan 2012
So our first outing of season 2 is a prequel, spent mostly with Ren-chon, how lovely. :D Still as relaxing a series as ever.:)
Jul 6, 2015 12:54 PM

Dec 2011
HaXXspetten said:

I pity you for your inability to appreciate the brilliance of this series.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Jul 6, 2015 1:06 PM

Mar 2015
I was freaked out in the beginning. I thought they were caught in time loop or something ("= = )

Jul 6, 2015 1:06 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
kuuderes_shadow said:
HaXXspetten said:

I pity you for your inability to appreciate the brilliance of this series.
What can I say, healing/relaxation just isn't a former of entertainment in my eyes. Never has been
Jul 6, 2015 1:10 PM

Aug 2012
I have been waiting for this anime way too long. Glad it is finally back
Jul 6, 2015 1:10 PM

Apr 2010
Glad to see this back, time for some relaxation again.
Really enjoyed the episode only Hotaru was missing but we saw her before the end.
Well up to a new nice season.
Jul 6, 2015 1:14 PM

Mar 2008
Nyanpasu!!! Loved this episode! Laughed when Hika-nee forgot her cellphone. xD

But I wonder why didn't continue from the ova where they were flying to Okinawa?
Jul 6, 2015 1:36 PM
Mar 2014
Kind of a boring episode, since Non Non Biyori can't really pull off drama that well. Exposition could have been a lot better, too; I didn't realize it was supposed to be a prequel episode until the very end. The inclusion of this 'origin story' that adds nothing to what we know already could be seen as a poor directorial choice, and I question why it didn't just pick up where it left off.

Good to see that the show continues to succeed in the technical department, though.
vegetablespiritJul 6, 2015 1:40 PM
Jul 6, 2015 1:38 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
It feels good to see it back.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Jul 6, 2015 1:44 PM

Jun 2014
What was up with Hotaru just moving in at the end? Was this just a prequel episode and they're going to go back to present day where Hotaru and them are already friends or is this a alternate timeline? I'm so confused
Jul 6, 2015 1:45 PM

Jul 2014
AnimeJunky said:
Nyanpasu!!! Loved this episode! Laughed when Hika-nee forgot her cellphone. xD

But I wonder why didn't continue from the ova where they were flying to Okinawa?

That happens in the summer so even if this wasn't a prequel, stuff happens between the end of S1 at the beginning of spring and that trip.
Jul 6, 2015 1:45 PM

Dec 2012
This show is really good for my heart.
Jul 6, 2015 1:47 PM

Jan 2014
The ep was lovely as always. But I didn't realize it was a prequel until the end.

Looking from the PV, the next ep isn't going to continue where it left, because they are supposed to be in Okinawa... This isn't making sense. Is the whole season 2 a sequel?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 6, 2015 1:49 PM
Jun 2013
There's Durarara, Working, Gangsta, Ore Monogatari and Arslan Senki, but this is what will make my summer perfect.
Jul 6, 2015 2:01 PM
Jan 2014
I like the march the whole gang does in the OP
Jul 6, 2015 2:10 PM
Oct 2012
I loved this first episode but even when Hotaru was moving in I thought she was moving out and was like " wtf where are you going?" I have been so not with it today I didn't even realize this was back in time....

the "no one would be stupid enough to fall through the floorboards" *pans to Sugaru walking along* cracked me up so much, nice little hat tip to the first series.
also loved the focus on Ren-Chon, easily my favorite character so many funny moments, looking forward to the series, wouldn't be surprised if it is the same year with just other bits that weren't mentioned in the first series since it is called "Non Non Biyori Repeat" (still facepalming that I didn't notice it was back in time)

one thing I do wonder about though: what happened in Okinawa, will we ever know?? that OVA seemed really weird just them preparing to go on a big trip, though I spose that is amazingly Non Non Biyori-ish...

Also forgot to mention, I'm so happy they used another Nano.RIPE song for the OP, one of my favorite bands
Jul 6, 2015 2:10 PM

Aug 2013

Renge DONO the best
Jul 6, 2015 2:11 PM

Oct 2008
Well, nothing special. But i suppose im going to enjoy this season as well.
It's kind of adorbale and heartwarming.
Jul 6, 2015 2:12 PM

Dec 2013
It was as cute and slow again as it was before. The singing part combined with the pictures of landscapes felt a bit propaganda-ish. Kinda like pride oneself on the rural life. It was okay :)
Jul 6, 2015 2:15 PM

Mar 2014
Oh so this really is a repeat, I was wondering since Renge said he's just getting to the 1st grade. Though doesn't that mean this'll overwrite the past season then?
"My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them." -Mitch Hedberg.
Jul 6, 2015 2:16 PM

Apr 2012
Renge being cute (check)
nano.RIPE OP (check)
Brother still being 90% invisible (check)
scenery you just want to dive right into (Check)

Welcome back Non Non Biyori!

greeboJul 6, 2015 2:20 PM
Jul 6, 2015 2:20 PM
Oct 2012
VanillaSandvich said:
Oh so this really is a repeat, I was wondering since Renge said he's just getting to the 1st grade. Though doesn't that mean this'll overwrite the past season then?

nah I assume itll sort of run alongside it, since 12 episodes for basically a whole year hardly covers everything that is going to happen in that year, I guess they'll just be filling in gaps
Jul 6, 2015 2:24 PM

May 2014
Nano.RIP Ears strikes again.
So this is a reboot ? I don't really get it
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 6, 2015 2:28 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Yeah, i'd also like to hear for good from manga readers if this is the same year with different episodes.
Jul 6, 2015 2:30 PM

Aug 2010
VanillaSandvich said:

Not necessarily. There are many scenes and happenings in that year we DIDN'T see in S1 I presume. So, it could work out.
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Jul 6, 2015 2:31 PM

Feb 2015
My favourite out of this season. Great episode.
Jul 6, 2015 2:31 PM

Aug 2014
YUSH IT'S HERE <3
https://twitter.com/LightningDash02
OTPs || MyAnimeList || MyMangaList || Favorite Guys || Favorite Girls || Favorite Anime

~LightningXDash02
Jul 6, 2015 2:38 PM
Jul 2018
It is good to see this show is back.

Nice to know about how Renge attends the school.
Jul 6, 2015 2:42 PM

Oct 2014
It feels so good to have this show back. I missed it so much. My mondays are saved. :3
Holy Madoka! The Yuri is strong here!

My Anime List
Jul 6, 2015 2:44 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Miyauchi Renge-dono's salute was epic! It's cute see her get excited about attending school for the first time. :3

Hikage forgetting her cell-phone was hilarious, especially when she was running inside the carriage. Renge wanting all the whales in the world to fly was pretty funny too!

Good start, although I wished they'd pick up from the Okinawa trip OVA. Well, continuity isn't really needed for this type of show. The animation quality for the background was just as great as the first season, if not better.

Jul 6, 2015 2:47 PM

Jan 2014
Smudy said:
Yeah, i'd also like to hear for good from manga readers if this is the same year with different episodes.

According to pantlessanimeblogger, no. It was supposed to move on.
Jul 6, 2015 2:57 PM

Aug 2013
WHAT A GREAT START!
I just realized how much I missed it.

And it is probably best looking Anime all time. Hibike was great for example too, but Non Non Biyori looks way better, that backgrounds are sooooo beautiful.

I waited so long for this. AOTS (probably, I don't know how good Charlotte will be).
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jul 6, 2015 3:06 PM

Sep 2011
VanillaSandvich said:

Hidamari Sketch did exactly the same thing for season 2. A lot of the story that happened in the 2nd season took place in the gaps of the first.
Jul 6, 2015 3:10 PM

May 2015
Damn, it's finally back! Missed this one, even though it wasn't long ago that I finished its previous season. This episode was a great start to this new season! Been looking forward to this one, looks like well worth the wait!

And Renge fantastic and adorable as always again, can't wait for the next episode!

Jul 6, 2015 3:15 PM

Feb 2014
Nice to see this series is back, I always prefer watching this healing series while it's airing, so good!

Renge meets a spooky skellington the first time she goes to school, man that must be tough.
Jul 6, 2015 3:24 PM

Jul 2010
Waah, Renge was absolutely adorable. Being that eager to go school with her legendary sword (and also her pika pika bag). It really was quite the little adventure.

Renge's slip-up on that word and asking what it is what just perfect.

Plenty of great scenes and fun ones too, looking forward to more. A great depiction of the country side, despite not having much technology, there are perhaps even more things to do. Love the mood.
Jul 6, 2015 3:39 PM

Apr 2014
vodall said:
Kind of a boring episode, since Non Non Biyori can't really pull off drama that well. Exposition could have been a lot better, too; I didn't realize it was supposed to be a prequel episode until the very end. The inclusion of this 'origin story' that adds nothing to what we know already could be seen as a poor directorial choice, and I question why it didn't just pick up where it left off.

Good to see that the show continues to succeed in the technical department, though.
lol i never seen someone actually critique a SoL in such manner
Jul 6, 2015 3:51 PM

Nov 2013
Aah, more Renge-chon. Between this and Shirayuki, Mondays are gonna be so relaxing...
Jul 6, 2015 3:58 PM

Aug 2010
I can't explain in words how much I missed this anime.
Once again, Non Non Biyori manages to soothe my heart.
Ren-chon was so adorable in this episode (well, she always is). The scene when she finally arrived to the school as a first grade student was very touching for me.
The last scene with Hotaru made me very happy too! Oh, you just don't know, Hotaru <3
I laughed so much when I saw Natssun and Komari's brother in the bus. I forgot how unpredictable the boy was!

Smudy said:
i can feel the peace already, smiled almost for the entire episode again and got goosebumps.

I completely agree with you, I got goosebumps watching this too!

Anyway, excellent opening and ending, they're very nice.
Also I'm glad to see that the OST from S1 is back. I just love this series' music.

Best first episode of the season!
I think this is all I need this summer <3

Edit: I think everyone in this thread who enjoys and loves this series, should delight themselves with this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYoCbmS6j-k <3
My favorite track from the OST.
sweetdropsJul 6, 2015 4:03 PM
Jul 6, 2015 4:07 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
vodall said:

Everybody is happy and then there's this person.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Jul 6, 2015 4:20 PM

Oct 2008
Moodie said:

DatRandomDude said:

Stophavingopinions.png
Jul 6, 2015 4:26 PM

Jan 2011
so sweet … again! i missed this calm feeling i have while watching this show. i like the opening and ending from the first season more, but the actual ones are still rwally good … the ending more. ^^

Zuihou said:
Summer with Non Non Biyori is perfect.
THIS! this show made the autumn 2013 special for me, this show will make the summer 2015 special, for sure. ^_^ best show this year, instant around 1,0!
Jul 6, 2015 4:28 PM

Apr 2014
Loolicon said:
Moodie said:

DatRandomDude said:

Stophavingopinions.png
not what im implying but who goes into a cute SoL series with a mind state to critique it. i just find it odd
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Random Fact: Non Non Biyori and Repeat took place at around 2004.

VaasMontenegro - Aug 17, 2021

12 by bassyey »»
Mar 4, 10:26 PM

Poll: » Non Non Biyori Repeat Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2015

122 by Sun_Chan »»
Jan 2, 3:32 PM

Poll: » Non Non Biyori Repeat Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 17, 2015

113 by Sun_Chan »»
Jan 2, 3:19 PM

Poll: » Non Non Biyori Repeat Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 10, 2015

95 by Sun_Chan »»
Jan 2, 2:15 PM

Poll: » Non Non Biyori Repeat Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 3, 2015

105 by Sun_Chan »»
Jan 2, 1:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.