Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jul 6, 2015 4:03 AM
Mar 2011
basically what title says. Never seen any Aquarion can I pick this up or will I miss lot of stuff from it?
Jul 6, 2015 8:10 AM

Dec 2010
i think you should
Jul 6, 2015 11:35 AM
Jan 2013
probably, and i want to say you should watch the previous ones because the first was good but the second one was awful and is not worth watching
watch macross 7
Jul 6, 2015 3:31 PM
Oct 2012
i think you should> why?
Jul 6, 2015 4:06 PM
Oct 2010
According to the series information, Aquarion Logos follows an entirely new story line, unrelated to the previous series in the franchise. So while having watched previous series will give you some background info about the world and what kind of things to expect, it isn't necessary nor expected - the series is intended to act as a fresh start both for the franchise and for the viewers.
Jul 6, 2015 10:01 PM

Jul 2009
I replied to this question in the episode 1 replies... I am not fluent in Japanese so I didn't completely understand the episode.

If you take into account season 2's butchering of season 1, and the OVA indirectly implying season 2 was a parallel world rather than a direct continuation 12,000 years after the first seasons happy(?) ending... I believe you can expect season 3 (Aquarion Logos) to be another parallel-world type continuation.
Jul 7, 2015 6:12 AM
Mar 2011
well thanks guys for responses. I give Aquarion a shot later when I will have time to watch. :-)
Jul 7, 2015 6:26 AM
Dec 2011
Probably. The Aquarion lore isn't why you should watch this anyway, it's the comedy and ridiculousness.
Jul 7, 2015 7:01 AM

May 2015
I Highly recommend you watch this "FIRST" and "SECOND before watching this or else your world would be ruined!
zurgboy00Sep 7, 2015 3:08 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 7, 2015 7:09 AM
Jan 2014
Logos isn't directly linked to the earlier seasons (but I think you should still watch them at some point). I first discovered Aquarion Evol and loved it! I then discovered Aquarion about a month after I finished Evol lol xD and I love both seasons and the Ova is brilliant! :D
So it isn't nessessay to watch the other seasons before Logos but I would recommend watching them at some point :)
Jul 8, 2015 7:58 AM

Sep 2009
we don't know yet really. they may bring in the other 2 series or they may make it like the Gundam franchise.
Jul 9, 2015 8:13 AM

Nov 2009
I think you'll be fine without watching the previous installments. I myself watched Evol without having the slightest idea about the first series, and I wasn't inconvenienced any: they explained the stuff you needed to know in the show, and I highly doubt Logos would be much different in this respect. So if you're interested in Logos, just watch it without bothering with the prequels.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Jul 9, 2015 9:28 AM

Apr 2014
CG said:

If you're interested in Logos, just watch it without bothering with the prequels.

Or just don't watch this crap and watch EVOL or the previous installments.
But I can't say for sure if it gonna stay crap till the end.
Since it's Satelight Studio you should put your hopes down.
If you know M3 : Sono Kuroki no Hagane you already know what I mean.
If not.
Haters always gonna hate.
Jul 25, 2015 5:01 PM

Dec 2013
You can easily watch this season alone it is completely different from the other seasons so far.
Aug 27, 2015 7:55 AM

Jul 2009
Lanhalt said:
kyled00m said:
If you take into account season 2's butchering of season 1, and the OVA indirectly implying season 2 was a parallel world rather than a direct continuation 12,000 years after the first seasons happy(?) ending... I believe you can expect season 3 (Aquarion Logos) to be another parallel-world type continuation.
That's funny, because I find season 1 bad compared to season 2. The brother and sister in S1 are just too annoying. There is no rythm, everyone act as douches with superiority complex. I began by Evol and tried to go to the first season after that, and hell, I dropped after a third of the series. Evol may not be a top tier series, it's still more enjoyable than the first serie.
I guess we'll have to disagree then because I enjoyed S1 more and go back and watch it now and then. The way S2 tried to look as a continuation when it wasn't left a bad taste and the art/animation wasn't that great. S2 doesn't make me want to go back and enjoy it again.

As this is a topic about the need for S1/S2 in regards to Logos, I'll PM you.

As for Logos(S3), I don't believe I'm interested in going back and watching it again at this point(8/26) because I'm not interested in the Kanji-system and the characters don't really leave an impression. The art looks lazy as well.

Edit: The S2 art/animation isn't bad in the sense of being poor, but because the artists didn't make full use of the tools to make the series shine. Put simply, they were lazy.
kyled00mAug 27, 2015 8:16 AM
Sep 8, 2015 12:22 PM

Sep 2015
I recommend you watch Genesis and Evol first. If you watch Logos first, we'll your just setting up yourself for regret... Trust me I've learned...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 16, 2015 2:50 AM

May 2012
The previous series are better than Logos. Better to watch the older ones
Dec 27, 2015 8:50 AM

Jan 2013
kyled00m said:
Lanhalt said:
That's funny, because I find season 1 bad compared to season 2. The brother and sister in S1 are just too annoying. There is no rythm, everyone act as douches with superiority complex. I began by Evol and tried to go to the first season after that, and hell, I dropped after a third of the series. Evol may not be a top tier series, it's still more enjoyable than the first serie.
I guess we'll have to disagree then because I enjoyed S1 more and go back and watch it now and then. The way S2 tried to look as a continuation when it wasn't left a bad taste and the art/animation wasn't that great. S2 doesn't make me want to go back and enjoy it again.

As this is a topic about the need for S1/S2 in regards to Logos, I'll PM you.

As for Logos(S3), I don't believe I'm interested in going back and watching it again at this point(8/26) because I'm not interested in the Kanji-system and the characters don't really leave an impression. The art looks lazy as well.

Edit: The S2 art/animation isn't bad in the sense of being poor, but because the artists didn't make full use of the tools to make the series shine. Put simply, they were lazy.

I myself also generally preferred S2 over S1 true the ending of S2 disappointed me completely with how
The real world is past the virtual world is future.

Feb 24, 2017 1:53 PM

Jul 2013
I know I am 2 years late but for anyone planning to watch this. I am currently re-watching the previous season and HIGHLY Recommend to watch 1st and 2nd before this as this one isn't good
Jul 2, 2017 2:28 PM

May 2017
I saw the first two, but I hear this is in no way related, so I think you could watch it without any knowledge of the others.

As for me, I'm not sure I can suffer through the main guys' haircut in Logos for 20+ episodes... I'm all for new/unique char designs, but is there a really good reason why this egg head has a bowl cut and two rat tails on the sides...like a REALLY good reason? It's so distracting and disturbing all at the same time...
Apr 6, 2018 8:12 AM
Aug 2012
I just remembered about the aquarion saga today, and just felt like hearing those epic openings again. Then I remembered that they made this third sequel and my day got ruinned from remembering this. It was so bad in comparisson to the first 2. I couldn't even finish watching it. Am going to the corner to cry a little...
Apr 7, 2019 11:17 AM
Apr 2019
Stacycmc said:
I saw the first two, but I hear this is in no way related, so I think you could watch it without any knowledge of the others.

As for me, I'm not sure I can suffer through the main guys' haircut in Logos for 20+ episodes... I'm all for new/unique char designs, but is there a really good reason why this egg head has a bowl cut and two rat tails on the sides...like a REALLY good reason? It's so distracting and disturbing all at the same time...

I was weirded out by the character designs too, but after 2 or 3 episodes I got used to it and wasn't bothered by them anymore.

The show is really charming, especially compared to the trainwreck that was Evol. The main character was hilarious with his chuuniesque attitude and the romance with the main girl, who was pretty awesome too, was very well written and had zero melodrama. It's much better than Evol, but it didn't look as good as that show, had no fanservice, no hot girls and hot boys and teen drama, so many people disliked it. But the show definitely doesn't deserve the hate, the characters and plot are a huge improvement over Evol. It's not as good as Sousei, but it's worth a watch.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aquarion Logos Episode 26 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2015

22 by SlammyHammy »»
Feb 29, 6:13 PM

Poll: » Aquarion Logos Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 23, 2015

20 by CondemneDio »»
Aug 24, 2021 6:13 AM

» Is this anime really bad?

Dexistance - Apr 7, 2021

2 by 28012001 »»
Aug 18, 2021 7:46 AM

Poll: » Aquarion Logos Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 2, 2015

82 by Joel_Clark »»
Dec 27, 2016 8:31 AM

Poll: » Aquarion Logos Episode 22 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 26, 2015

2 by phantom346 »»
Apr 2, 2016 6:27 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.