Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Jul 5, 2015 1:11 PM

Well, are the Monogatari series worth watching? I've been told they are, but I'm unsure if that's true since they're mainly known by their ecchi and stuff. Also, what's the right order to watch them? I'm really confused about that.

Thanks for your help!
Some lazy guy on scene!

waterfallsxo said:
Why do I think most of the people who have a crush on Archer are straight males lol.

Jul 5, 2015 1:12 PM

First off, watch it in release order. When in doubt, release order.

Second, the show is a lot of talking and pretty powerpoint slides with the occasional bit of animation thrown in to mix it up. I dropped it after 5 episodes the first time I watched it, ended up going back after getting the whole bd release from carbongals and I have been hooked since.

Jul 5, 2015 1:13 PM

I didn't watch all of them but the series is well received on here and the ecchi is tolerable.

Jul 5, 2015 1:14 PM

It's not for everyone but I think it is great. The ecchi isn't something to worry about for the most part.

Jul 5, 2015 1:14 PM

Some will say it is; some will say it isn't. The only way to know is to watch it for yourself.

Here's the airing order people usually follow:
- Bakemonogatari
- Nisemonogatari
- Nekomonogatari: Kuro
- Monogatari Series: Second Season
- Hanamonogatari
- Tsukimonogatari

Drop it if you don't like it.

Jul 5, 2015 1:16 PM

Pay close attention to whats happening.It has huge elements of visual story telling.Secondly,follow the airing order.

Jul 5, 2015 1:59 PM

It's pretty dialogue heavy and the visuals are unconventional so it's not for everyone. I personally love that aspect so much that I barely notice the ecchi.

Jul 5, 2015 2:05 PM

order is
bakemonogatari > nisemonogatari > nekomonogatari > monongatari 2nd season> hanamononogatari> tsukimononogatari

i post here 4 yt scenes out of monogatari, if you enjoyed them you should try it ^^
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qn1YBiBnoAQ (1st scene)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jm-xrO2c_0 (2nd example scene)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbNigEVrh2I (3rd example)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDfPyJKwmO4 (4th )

every scene has a different character so you can imagine it a bit)
My favorite quotes from animes:

Those who seek miracles will never experience one. The hand of salvation only extends to people
who try to make miracles happen. - Ef a tale of melodies.
I destroy worlds. I create worlds. - Code geass
We are humans. - Shinsekai yori
100 push-ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and a 10km run EVERY SINGLE DAY!!! - One punch man

Jul 5, 2015 11:26 PM
Sure, if you like pretentious pandering crap then by all means watch it.

Jul 6, 2015 4:13 AM

I think I once tried watching episode 1 but it was all messy. And the names are really confusing.. Maybe I'll give it a try some time later. >_>
protec the small bunny at all costs

Jul 6, 2015 4:26 AM

If you don't mind a dialogue driven story with slightly weird/confusing/annoying art, yes it's definitely worth the watch.

I found it quite enjoyable once you get to know all of the characters.

Jul 6, 2015 4:29 AM

I personally love it but if you don't like it by episode 3 then drop it.

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.

Jul 6, 2015 6:14 AM

Try Bakemonogatari, if you enjoyed it then you will enjoy the others too.
Great story, great characters defenitly worth the watch

It gets a bit ecchi later but if you can handle some pants shots you are fine

Jul 6, 2015 6:31 AM

Yes its great but if you dont like Bakemonogtari you most likely wont like the others.

Jul 6, 2015 8:25 AM

id say Bake is worth it but the other sequels are very bad an not worth watching

Jul 6, 2015 10:00 AM

Moved

Jul 6, 2015 10:08 AM

I don't think it is. To be fair, I haven't finished watching it, but I'm more than halfway into Bake, and so far, it's boring me.

Jul 7, 2015 11:00 AM

I think this anime is very hit or miss but like everyone said its very dialogue heavy and you have to pay attention or you might miss something. Personally I love it

Jul 17, 2016 11:34 AM
Aszao said:
Try Bakemonogatari, if you enjoyed it then you will enjoy the others too.
Great story, great characters defenitly worth the watch
Really? I drop it after 6 episode,should I finish it ? I really wonder why it has a good popularity and good score.
Aszao said:
It gets a bit ecchi later but if you can handle some pants shots you are fine
I can handle it as long there is no sex harrasment.

Jan 1, 3:54 PM
I hate it. A lot of talking and it was just boring. I came back to it multiple times but couldn't continue watching it.

Jan 1, 5:43 PM

I thought it was absolutely worth watching!

I actually dropped Bakemonogatari 3 times though, it is probably the slowest part of the series.

After Bake the visuals become a little more normal and there are more actual events that happen along with the dialogue. To me Bakemonogatari felt like a series of character introductions whose main purpose was to set up the rest of the series.

The fanservice in the series always felt more artsy and well constructed than other series, because rather than low camera angles and other random shots it was usually part of the story.

A lot of the most entertaining characters also don't show up until the second season.

>These have been the incoherent mumblings of a fanboy.

Jan 2, 9:56 AM
Just started watching it, but in order as MAL suggest - from Kizumonogatari, then Nekomonogatari and now I'm finishing Bakemonogatari. This way at lest the plot makes some sense ie you know why Arararagi comes to Oshino with every problem, who is Shinobu and why shi is sucking his ... Neck xd