3It was OK
11.1%
2Disliked it
0.0%
1Hated it
0.0%
Average 4.7
9 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 5, 2015 9:07 AM

Sep 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This was on another level. It's the best episode of the arc so far and one of the best episodes of the series. It was refreshing as we focused on Eggman's gang and none of Sonic's team appeared. We finally saw some active resistance to the Metarex other than our protagonists and how the Metarex are still conquering planets. The people turned on Eggman too quickly, especially since all he said was that he couldn't be there forever. I instantly knew that something was fishy with Leon and we could see that Molly trusted her companions a bit too much. We saw another side of Rouge where she was trying to be emotionally helpful to Molly. We saw yet again the smart side of Eggman.

Shadow removing his limiters was quite symbolic I'd say. It's true that Molly was clinging to the past while the rest of the humans were trying to see the future, like Maria, and the humans realized that fighting the Metarex was pointless. It's worse since she thought no one would continue her dream after. And of course, the Metarex boss is still alive.

There was also some new, good music themes, like when they're travelling to the ruined city and after Molly dies. I hope they're used more.

This episode had some mature themes, which is welcome in a kids show like this. It's surprising that they don't do this more often, but then again, it's got to be simple and lighthearted. What made it even better was that I didn't remember this episode at all since I watched the series years ago. Also reading that Molly's death was cut in the English dub just makes me grateful that I'm watching the Japanese version now.

Maybe Shadow will try to continue her dream? It seems like he won't try to follow Eggman's orders as much. He didn't care about the Chaos Emerald.
Kikoman589Mar 2, 2017 3:17 PM
The statement below is true.
The statement above is false.
Apr 10, 2020 12:49 PM
Apr 2020
I have a theory on the cascadians as their planet was destroyed. But it’s just a theory.
Nov 30, 2022 11:25 AM

Jan 2009
Damn, poor Molly... I wasn't ready for that :'(

Jan 23, 2023 2:27 PM
Apr 2021
maxlefou said:
Damn, poor Molly... I wasn't ready for that :'(
She definitely deserved better

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sonic X Episode 2 Discussion

ShadowRealm - Jul 10, 2014

3 by kianread_ »»
Mar 15, 4:39 PM

Poll: » Sonic X Episode 52 Discussion

Kikoman589 - Jun 20, 2015

4 by JoJoLaRow »»
Sep 1, 2023 1:25 PM

Poll: » Sonic X Episode 38 Discussion

funtime43_tr - Aug 2, 2023

0 by funtime43_tr »»
Aug 2, 2023 11:49 AM

» Was the 4kids dub of Sonic X really that awful to watch?

funtime43_tr - Jul 28, 2023

25 by realnimrod9 »»
Jul 31, 2023 12:44 PM

Poll: » Sonic X Episode 78 Discussion

Kikoman589 - Jul 7, 2015

5 by Dekumos »»
Jun 16, 2023 5:24 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.