Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jul 5, 2015 4:36 AM
Oct 2013
I´ve recently read the manga because this show tookme by storm and the very same question was asked in the Manga forums on the site I´ve read it.

So I´m assuming most hetero guys and most gay women would date Yamato because she´s overperfect besides the ones who find her boring.

But what about Takeo Suna.

Personally I´d befriend Takeo immediately and ask him to train with me so that I´d obtain half of his bodily constitution, the guy is awesomeness incarnated imo. Beating up perverts and saving children, I´d make myself his Robin without the gay costume.
I mean a 2m tall giant at the age of 15 as your sparring partner, how awesome is that?
The fact that he´s a little dense and completely honest makes him even more likeable.
Jan 13, 2016 4:42 AM

Jun 2010
I would be friends with all of them, escpecially Takeo. His so kind, caring and funny! Yamato would be a great friend, but I wouldn't date her. She lacks something I find interesting. :D
Suna is way too boring, so I wouldn't date him either.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 2, 2016 8:12 PM
Feb 2015
i would be friends with both Takeo and Suna and Date Ai
Nov 2, 2016 9:13 PM
Nov 2013
I'd want to be friends with Takeo, because he'd stick up for me.
Nov 30, 2016 5:31 PM

Mar 2012
Takeo and Suna's friendship reminds me a lot of me and my friend Alex's friendship. Alex was the first friend I ever made in elementary school and my personality better resembled Takeo while Alex was similar to Suna. It's not exactly the same since I wouldn't call myself as "boisterous" as Takeo and Alex isn't as much of a cardboard box as Suna, but the personalities are somewhat similar. Alex was more of an academic/studious type while I was more on the athletic/outdoorsy type.

Unfortunately, our friendship fell apart a bit since we got older, but to this day I wonder why that was. We ended up having pretty similar interests and we even went on to have relatively similar career paths (we're both in our early 30s now). There are a lot of times I regret that our friendship became so estranged, but I am the sort of person that has made and lost so many friends in my life.
Dec 1, 2016 12:45 AM

Sep 2014
"...if they were real"

Yea, that question is moot. Who wouldn't?

The thing is, the characters in Ore Monogatari are larger-than-life for a reason, this is supposed to be the ultimate feel-good romance anime after all. All the characters are picture perfect distilled versions of what the average highschool guy/girl would dream their bf/gf would be.

Takeo is a veritable superhero, he is tall, ripped, great at everything involving bodily strength, he is neigh invincible, and also good looking in a way. He has a heart of gold to a fault, he is chivalrous, gentle, dependable and always eager to please and be there for their friends. He isn't really the sharpest tool in the shed, and he is easily manipulated, just how girls like it.

Yamato is the same for guys, she is short, pretty, insanely cute, caring and full of love. She is shy and innocent to a fault on the outside, but also knows what she wants and kinda kinky on the inside. She is also incredibly determined, persistent, devoted and would do anything her little body and soul could muster for the ones she loves. She is great housewife material, awesome cook and pastry chef. Gee, who wouldn't wanna date her?

And then there is Suna, who is basically the yaoi version of Takeo. He is slender, beautiful, mysterious and also cool and collected to a fault. He is the type who forgets to turn of his swag at night and end up waking up covered in b... girls. He is caring, dependable, the best friend everyone could wish for. He is also the brains of the operation, he is smart, literate and always knows the right thing to do in any situation. He is basically everything Takeo is not, and vice versa, and this is exactly why girls (and boys) would fawn over him instantly.

Their "faults" are only a gimmick to strengthen their characters and make them more relatable, but have nothing to do with reality in the slightest. In a way, they are all so unsullied by cynicism and untouched by hard life, they couldn't exist in the real world. With all that said, I would love to have these three in my life, if only to remind me what's important and make me remember the world is more than a boring job and drab days and weeks, and there is more to life than the hatred, bigotry and sadness happening around us.
"You know, when people make you feel angry or sad, it's usually because it matters to you what they think. The opposite of love isn't hate, it's apathy. Face it, if you didn't care about what they thought, you wouldn't hate them..." ~Planetes
Mar 28, 2017 6:54 PM

Apr 2016
Without a doubt, YES!! I love both of Takeo and Suna's personalities.

It's so refreshing to see a high-schooler who isn't crazy about romance. If it's perfectly normal for teenagers to date, it's perfectly normal that some don't date too. I like that Suna stands by his ground. He could have dated countless times, but because the people who confessed to him were terrible human beings (really? why say bad things about your crush's best friend? Especially, when you don't know their personality... ;/), he rejected them. It's unfortunate for Suna because many people probably gush about his appearance first and develop a crush on him that way, instead of learning about his personality... I like that the characters, Suna in particular, are un-apologetically themselves, which is awesome. :)

Takeo and Suna really prove that you don't have to have things in common to be the best of friends! They're caring and attentive towards each other. They watch out for each other, like when

I like that Suna watches out for those he cares about. I feel that it would be nice to have him as a friend, because he would watch out for me and show his care through his actions. :) Takeo also has a golden heart, since he's so selfless and righteous. By thinking of others before he considers himself, Takeo is very caring. I think Takeo is very noble! :-)

If I could choose one person to date... I would choose Suna. I like that he gives people space. He allows them to grow and realize things on their own. For example,
Overall, I like Suna's patience and supportive nature. :)

As a friend, Takeo would be awesome.

It's nice that the characters in this series have pure intentions. They simply want their loved ones to be happy. They learn and grow together.
Mar 28, 2018 3:12 AM

Aug 2017
I would like to friend with Takeo since he is so friendly and kind hearted. And I think Yamato and Suna are also very good to be friend with.
Sep 19, 2018 2:58 PM
Apr 2018
Of course, Takeo is the kind of guy that you simply can't not like.
SaiDrewJan 27, 2019 5:34 PM
Oct 15, 2018 8:44 AM
Jan 2017
All the main characters have a heart of gold so it will be foolish thing not to befriend any character.
Mar 26, 2019 11:24 AM

Aug 2017
I would have harem with Ai, Saijou and Nanako. I don't care about the guys.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ore Monogatari!! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 22, 2015

375 by Nakiri_Haato »»
Mar 12, 7:54 PM

Poll: » Ore Monogatari!! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 10, 2015

161 by zibus »»
Feb 25, 10:27 PM

» How can they have sex? ( 1 2 3 )

ichii_1 - Apr 29, 2015

116 by BigBoyAdvance »»
Feb 24, 11:28 AM

Poll: » Ore Monogatari!! Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 13, 2015

324 by BigBoyAdvance »»
Feb 18, 5:49 AM

Poll: » Ore Monogatari!! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

raveninthemuddle - Apr 4, 2015

435 by BigBoyAdvance »»
Feb 18, 1:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.