Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

If you like Lelouch from Code geass You will love the MC from Charlotte

New
Jul 5, 2015 1:50 AM

Mar 2015
I just finished watching the first ep of Charlotte and this MC is amazing. Not sure i can make a post about this here.. just wanting to let other people who enjoyed lelouch character know.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 5, 2015 1:52 AM

May 2015
I was thinking about watching Charlotte.. guess now I will

Thanks dude (even though this'll probably get locked)
Jul 6, 2015 12:31 PM

Apr 2010
Thread moved

Thread moved to the Charlotte board.

Personally i was thinking of Kanie Seiya from Amagi Brilliant park the entire time while watching the main of Charlotte.
Not only do the have the same personality but also the same voice actor.
Jul 6, 2015 12:35 PM

Jul 2007
What the OP forgets to mention is that te MC gets neutered halfway through the episode and none of those qualities matter as it turns into typical KEY show.
Jul 6, 2015 12:44 PM

Feb 2012
I was thinking about watching this, guess I won't now.
Jul 6, 2015 1:27 PM

Sep 2014
He's going to be nothing like the guy from code geass, it's been just ONE episode people. Holy crap.
Jul 6, 2015 1:41 PM

Oct 2012
Why are you people jumping to conclusions already?

This anime doesn't have a manga so you can't use the "I know what's going to happen cuz I read the manga" it doesn't have LN neither.

So as of right now nobody can say "oh he wont be like Lelouch or he'll be like Lelouch"
I read it's made by Key and those people are unpredictable, if something happened to his sister he could totally pull a Lelouch and have everyone kill themselves with the eye power.
Jul 6, 2015 1:44 PM

Sep 2014
Democracy said:
Why are you people jumping to conclusions already?

This anime doesn't have a manga so you can't use the "I know what's going to happen cuz I read the manga" it doesn't have LN neither.

So as of right now nobody can say "oh he wont be like Lelouch or he'll be like Lelouch"
I read it's made by Key and those people are unpredictable, if something happened to his sister he could totally pull a Lelouch and have everyone kill themselves with the eye power.

So many people are jumping to conclusions about this anime. I swear after 6 eps everyone will be loosing there minds about it. (Creator himself said the anime will be slow for 6 eps, then become something like after story/refrain)
Jul 6, 2015 9:57 PM

Apr 2011
nah Lelouch didn't get caught half way through the very first episode.
Jul 6, 2015 10:01 PM
Jun 2015
The only aspect in which they're similar is personality/charisma, other than that: just no.
Punk434saysJul 6, 2015 10:14 PM
Jul 6, 2015 10:04 PM

May 2012
CookingPriest said:
What the OP forgets to mention is that.....none of those qualities matter as it turns into typical KEY show.

A show done by Jun Maeda/KEY, turns out to be a show done by KEY

You don't say.....
Jul 7, 2015 5:11 AM

Sep 2014
Yuu_vi_Britannia said:
davinci12 said:

So many people are jumping to conclusions about this anime. I swear after 6 eps everyone will be loosing there minds about it. (Creator himself said the anime will be slow for 6 eps, then become something like after story/refrain)

INB4 MC's brother
Jul 7, 2015 5:24 AM

Jun 2013
davinci12 said:

INB4 MC's brother

You don't say
Jul 7, 2015 5:32 AM

Jun 2011
Thank lord to not have me come across any spoiler, or just any details for this anime. Straight to the point, nice and simple. I like you, OP. :)

I am putting this higher on my priority list. It's fine even if it doesn't turn out to be true.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jul 7, 2015 6:46 AM

Sep 2014
Danielys said:
davinci12 said:

INB4 MC's brother

You don't say

rude
Jul 7, 2015 7:12 AM

Aug 2013
I see the similarity between the two but I honestly think he really resembles Sora from No Game No Life, and to an extent Kanyie (if Kanyie was more perverted) from Amagi Brilliant park
Jul 7, 2015 7:13 AM

Jun 2014
Except unlike Lelouch this guy actually has flaws
Jul 7, 2015 7:15 AM

Jul 2014
What? Lelouch is shit, Yuu isn't. Well, so far.
Jul 7, 2015 7:18 AM

Feb 2014
Okashi_sama said:

exact opposite for me
Jul 7, 2015 7:20 AM

Feb 2014
i watched the 1st episode (having watched code geass, death note and some others) and it was complete garbage to me. the mc got what he deserved in a way anyway. although i wanted public humiliation or execution. well begars can't be choosers
Jul 7, 2015 7:23 AM

Mar 2014
no
Jul 7, 2015 7:23 AM

Nov 2013
Threads like this will only increase the number of people who will complain that the MC doesn't use his power to conquer the world
Jul 7, 2015 8:23 AM
Jun 2015
Okashi_sama said:
Lol at the guy with a Misogi set calling Lelouch shit. Credibility, you have none.
Jul 7, 2015 8:57 AM

May 2012
Punk434says said:
Okashi_sama said:
Lol at the guy with a Misogi set calling Lelouch shit. Credibility, you have none.

Because throwing a logical fallacy out gives you SOOOOOOO much credibility right?

Opinions: Everyone has them and they're probably different than yours.
Jul 7, 2015 5:47 PM

Aug 2009
The voice and, somehow, the personality but...

while one shows his sinister smirk when he succeeds in his World Revolution..

the other shows his sinister smirk when he cheats at a school test :P

heck, Yuu even said "Keikaku doori" in this episode (although it's a Light Yagami quote. Light, Lelouch and Yuu have similar personalities)
Jul 8, 2015 9:08 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
The MC definitely one of the very best in this season
Jul 8, 2015 10:41 AM

Jan 2008
MC is the only reason I am watching this show.
Jul 8, 2015 10:43 AM

Jan 2014
Douchebag MCs are refreshing to see

Jul 8, 2015 11:16 AM

May 2014
I don't like Lelouch that much, specially the character design, but I do think that I will like Charlotte's MC. Nearly dropped Code Geass when I marathoned it, I was intrigued by its popularity and the story's mystery, so I kinda finished it 'till the last ep of Season 2. I didn't regret it, but still didn't liked it as a whole. :)
"I'm just your typical human being who commit sins just like you. But the difference is that I never lied and tell anyone that what I did was right. I regret and ask for forgiveness from Him."

Why is my signature not anime-related? It's because who gives a fuck? Anyway I'd like to advertise to you this:

SHINGEKI NO KYOJIN IS FOLLOWING A SIMPLE FLOW OF THE STORYLINE. AND IT GETS REPETETIVE IF YOU VIEW IT ON ITS BIGGER PICTURE. WITH A LITTLE PLOT TWIST AND NEW IDEAS, YOU FORGOT THAT IT HAD ALREADY HAPPENED BEFORE.

Also, Tokyo Ghoul is AWESOME. Especially :re.
Jul 8, 2015 11:17 AM

Jul 2015
definetly watching it after magi :Kingdome of magic
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 8, 2015 11:18 AM

Sep 2014
I don't really see how are these related?
I liked Lelouch a lot but this guy seems like a total douche so far and I cringed when he expected the girl to follow him xD
Jul 8, 2015 11:47 AM

Jan 2012
KurokamiGintoki said:
Okashi_sama said:

exact opposite for me

anyways I love how they pulled this off... I want to punch MC the moment he opens his mouth for the very first time.. and then with his every word the urge to make him suffer grows.. and then BUM!

"to think something like this sells... that's the sign of the apocalypse"
To like this MC is like an act of rebellion towards the industry haha XD
first half hour they do everything to make you hate MC and then comes that literally immediate gratification.
They surely know how to win some audience haha I love it.
Jul 8, 2015 11:54 AM

Nov 2013
Lemon13 said:
KurokamiGintoki said:

exact opposite for me

anyways I love how they pulled this off... I want to punch MC the moment he opens his mouth for the very first time.. and then with his every word the urge to make him suffer grows.. and then BUM!

first half hour they do everything to make you hate MC and then comes that literally immediate gratification.

I think you missed all the "MC did nothing wrong" and "the annoying bitch ruined everything" comments in the other threads. It's not surprising given MAL's love for edgy antisocial assholes.
Jul 10, 2015 5:04 AM

Jul 2007
Lemon13 said:
KurokamiGintoki said:

exact opposite for me

Funny you say that. Because that was the moment the anime went from "very promising and original" to "generic moeshit otaku pandering" and patronizing silver haired bitch and glasses nerd joined the list of my most hated characters.

Way to build up promising and interesting premise and great protagonist for first half only to ruin everything right next second.
Jul 10, 2015 5:15 AM

Apr 2011
Funny... I love Lelouch, I think Yuu is decent at best.
Jul 10, 2015 12:11 PM

Jan 2014
CookingPriest said:

Funny you say that. Because that was the moment the anime went from "very promising and original" to "generic moeshit otaku pandering"

Funny you say that. Because an edgy MC acting edgy is nothing "original".
Jul 10, 2015 3:29 PM

Jul 2013
Karma_ said:
I just finished watching the first ep of Charlotte and this MC is amazing. Not sure i can make a post about this here.. just wanting to let other people who enjoyed lelouch character know.

you sir, are a moron.
Jul 13, 2015 3:24 AM
Jan 2014
Err no. Given how bad Lelouch's actions are, he still has the right moral compass. His purpose is righteous in the end and for the greater good.
While this MC abuses his power to get superficial ranking and love interest, and almost killing a random person at that (the truck driver, if the safety bag doesn't work he's dead). Nope, he's just super pathetic and failure as a human being.
zenograffJul 13, 2015 3:29 AM
Jul 13, 2015 3:25 AM
Feb 2011
they aren't even similar...
Jul 16, 2015 3:45 PM

Mar 2012
dfsafsaf said:
they aren't even similar...

From the first episode:

- The laugh
- Acts like he's superior than others
- A bit of a douche
- Has the power to take over someone's body (basically an upgraded version of Lelouch's mind control)
- Abuses his power to satisfy his needs

I'd say they're pretty similar.
Jul 16, 2015 4:45 PM

Jul 2015
vangoz said:
Err no. Given how bad Lelouch's actions are, he still has the right moral compass. His purpose is righteous in the end and for the greater good.
While this MC abuses his power to get superficial ranking and love interest, and almost killing a random person at that (the truck driver, if the safety bag doesn't work he's dead). Nope, he's just super pathetic and failure as a human being.

You, sir, have great taste.
Lelouch, despite using underhanded techniques, had good intentions. His actions are rationalized, though never excused.
However, this MC is absolutely pathetic. I can tell KEY tried to show us how 'narcissistic' and 'badass' he is, but he only comes off as a jerk. His actions cannot be excused, let alone justified.
Also, Yuu is not original.
He's a blatant rip-off of Lelouch and Kanie.
Jul 18, 2015 6:00 PM
Jun 2015
I think the creators are just using all the famous anime's and making an amazin parody for the first six eps...like the whole corny ark in ep 1 about guy and girl stuff and then bam....Code Geass and then Amagi Brilliant Park....this is gonna be a good series no doubt
Jul 19, 2015 9:00 AM
Oct 2014
Why are you comparing the MC of this anime to Lelouch? They just look similar and have the ability to possess and that is it. I do not really like Lelouch until the second season where he is more fleshed out, but the MC of Charlotte right now is worse than Lelouch in his worse moments.

Lelouch would never let any bitch troll him like that. He is too smart to cheat and gets caught. And finally, he would keep his shit together even when his mind is racing and not overreact. He is a planner, never will he let others take a step in front of him.
Jan 26, 2016 12:55 PM

Jun 2010
Rainmaker said:
I was thinking about watching this, guess I won't now.

What's with the silly reason..
Jan 26, 2016 3:11 PM
Jul 2013
He's more like Kanie Seiya than anything. He only gets to be Lelouch for like 10 minutes before he gets shut down!
Feb 7, 2016 6:01 PM

Jul 2014
Karma_ said:
This screams stupidity, please list how they are similar.
Feb 7, 2016 6:03 PM

Mar 2015
weow, i said this during the first ep.. seemed very similar with the evil demeanor after tasting a bit of power.. abusing the power etc.. But hey chew me out some more 14 weeks later.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Charlotte Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 29, 2015

649 by MsBorsh »»
Apr 21, 11:49 AM

» Yuu's Ability

PenguinLam - Apr 18

37 by Yeshaiah2015yesh »»
Apr 21, 8:27 AM

Poll: » Charlotte Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Sakaitsu - Jul 4, 2015

652 by MsBorsh »»
Apr 21, 4:34 AM

Poll: » Charlotte Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 26, 2015

886 by KumaGetsu »»
Apr 18, 10:21 PM

Poll: » Charlotte Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 22, 2015

459 by Tsunamii_ »»
Apr 6, 4:08 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.