Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Rokka: Braves of the Six Flowers (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]
Aug 2, 2015 3:15 AM

Aug 2013
ED is great. I don't like male MC, female MC is nice. Art is average, many 3D CG, which is meh.

Not bad in general I think.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Aug 9, 2015 11:31 AM

Nov 2009
Ooooh, I wasn't expecting much but I was surprised but how GREAT the animation is! The backgrounds are really interesting and creative. And the movements were so fluid.
I'm just trying not to read any spoiler from now on, heh. Great 1st episode and world-building.

(THIS WAY FOREVER)
Aug 15, 2015 6:48 AM

Sep 2009
Huge amount of info dumping, if you cannot even tell a story do not dump money in anime.
Dropped
Aug 15, 2015 7:15 AM

Apr 2015
Hisio said:
Huge amount of info dumping, if you cannot even tell a story do not dump money in anime.
Dropped

For someone who endured the Fate/Zero info dumping In the first episode, you sure are harsh on this one.
Aug 15, 2015 7:18 AM

Sep 2009
Tylaen said:
Hisio said:
Dropped

But they are telling a story.

That's not the way to tell the main story. You can always go ahead and add a 20 sec summary of the world like shingeki no kyoujin does at the beginning of their episodes. But half of the first episode is a dialogue just to explain stuff to viewers. I hate this kind of info dump (I hate alll kind of info dump).
Aug 15, 2015 7:24 AM

Apr 2015
Hisio said:
Tylaen said:

But they are telling a story.

That's not the way to tell the main story. You can always go ahead and add a 20 sec summary of the world like shingeki no kyoujin does at the beginning of their episodes. But half of the first episode is a dialogue just to explain stuff to viewers. I hate this kind of info dump (I hate alll kind of info dump).

If you don't like dialogue In general, it's a good thing you dropped this because there will be nothing but dialogue going from here.

Yes, it is a way to tell a story and one you seem to disapprove of and one you've endured before that's far worse, In the form of Fate/Zero episode 1.
Aug 15, 2015 7:29 AM

Sep 2009
Tylaen said:
Hisio said:

If you don't like dialogue In general, it's a good thing you dropped this because there will be nothing but dialogue going from here.

Yes, it is a way to tell a story and one you seem to disapprove of and one you've endured before that's far worse In the form of Fate/Zero.

You didn't understand me :P
I didn't say I do not like dialogue, I do not like info dumping like the viewers are kids.
Fate/zero had a subtle way of transmitting the story for example: the story of the holy grail was told by kayneth to his students, it was a logical manner of "info dumping", to teach students. Now in this show, two characters completely aware of the plot begin to discuss it between them like they had something to learn from each other, which is wrong.
Aug 15, 2015 7:56 AM

Apr 2015
Hisio said:

You didn't understand me :P
I didn't say I do not like dialogue, I do not like info dumping like the viewers are kids.
Fate/zero had a subtle way of transmitting the story for example: the story of the holy grail was told by kayneth to his students, it was a logical manner of "info dumping", to teach students. Now in this show, two characters completely aware of the plot begin to discuss it between them like they had something to learn from each other, which is wrong.

In terms of knowledge In any new show, the audience Is always the kid In the room. That the Fate/Zero anime puts the infodumbing In smart places does not make it "subtle", it just makes it more tolerable which I think Is the word you're searching for.

The infodumbing you're referring to starts around the 10 minute mark and ends around the 14 minute mark. For one character, namely the female, it is a way to lead up to the point of revealing that the time of the revival Is soon to come and the braves beeing killed off.

Ofcourse, this can be easily brushed off as a trick, as much as any convenient situation In the beginning of Fate/Zero as they are just starting to make you familiar with the setting.

For example, the period of time where Waver Is literally entering a library to tell us a large portion of information. Though it Is more graceful than the example In this episode, it Is no less ham fisted.

Nevertheless, I hope you'll return when the anime Is finished.
Aug 28, 2015 8:53 PM

Aug 2013
Yeapp great LN adaption for the first episode.
I love the fight scenes and animation.. awesome.
Sep 1, 2015 8:17 AM

Oct 2013
Interesting first episode for sure, but it was weighed down with the exposition dump. Too much backstory for one episode. That said, it was fun and there's quite a bit of potential. I sincerely hope it isn't a rushed adaption.

I also LOVE the Aztec (? might be one of the other indigenous peoples of Central or South America) setting. Definitely unique; I can't recall seeing any other ancient Native American culture used as setting before.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Sep 5, 2015 10:38 PM

Jan 2013
Impressive production values, and set up for a large scale adventure.
Sep 12, 2015 12:30 PM

Jan 2014
THIS WAS AWESOME

I AM THE STRONGEST MAN IN THE WORLD

HIME-SAMA BUNNY BEST GIRL! <3
Sep 19, 2015 12:33 PM

Jun 2011
That was extremely enjoyable. I like Adlet already, he seems like a fun guy. I enjoyed the segment where he was imprisoned, even though in actuality nothing much really happened. The princess is also quite the fun character, I anticipate more interaction between Adlet and her. :)

The ED was great, and it hints at the tone the series will take up later on, which is awesome!
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Sep 26, 2015 10:45 PM
Nov 2013
Was that scene with the red sky a dream? He didn't even acknowledge it.

Also that bunny girl was looking mad suspicious in that dream/vision. I already don't like her and her dumb ears lol
CKLSep 26, 2015 11:33 PM
Sep 28, 2015 4:54 AM

Nov 2009
CKL said:
Was that scene with the red sky a dream? He didn't even acknowledge it.

We aren't sure, but it most likely was.
Oct 3, 2015 4:59 AM

May 2012
Pretty damn epic first episode! I just love the atmosphere that this anime has with the whole Astec aspect to it! Really interesting. Let's see what this anime will offer us of a story!
Oct 3, 2015 5:19 PM

Dec 2013
Heh... That was pretty interesting. I felt a little uncomfortable with how the story was just dumped on the viewer, but I'll forbear further thoughts til we get a better understanding of what's going on. My first impressions are positive.
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Oct 4, 2015 6:10 AM

Jul 2013
I guess this could be decent. I wasn't fan of how they handheld the exposition either and i do not like smarmy pretty boys but i will keep watching.
Dec 3, 2015 10:59 AM

Sep 2015
Some nice animation on that first episode! The story seems nice and interesting as well, let's see how this keeps going :)
Dec 5, 2015 4:55 AM

Oct 2014
Very good first episode, the setting, the music and the animation were just on point!

Very intruiged to see what happens next.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 6, 2016 4:08 AM

Jul 2013
Don't really like that protagonist. He's too arrogant it's not funny. Maybe he'll grow on me, in time. Also his name is weird too. And so does everyone else's for that matter. Well for the episode I feel that's it's rushed. Lol it's definitely rushed. Not sure if that's a good thing or not but I got high hopes for this show.
Jul 5, 2016 1:21 AM

Dec 2012
Pretty great episode.

I've found my waifu. To be exact, she's the reason I'm watching this. :)

UBW?

Why am I being reminded of 5D's? Well, the concept of it if I'm remembering right.
RobJul 5, 2016 1:47 AM
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Nov 11, 2016 11:12 PM

Feb 2013
I actually couldn't tell whether the MC was a guy or a girl until he opened his mouth lol.... But so far not a fan of him, he seems like your typical arrogant/stupid male MC. Hopefully his personality improves a little as the show goes on.

Other then that this was an OK first episode, just a lot of info dump. I'm hoping it picks up a bit with episode 2 and that the other characters are a bit more likeable.
Shape430Nov 11, 2016 11:19 PM
Nov 23, 2016 6:31 PM

Sep 2015
Knew that maid was the princess even before she said he was pretty dumb. Lol how would someone keep emselves sane in that prison for that long.
May 31, 2017 5:36 PM
Aug 2014
Like the setting, don't really like the main guy, but then I usually don't care for the rogues of the party.
Jun 5, 2017 3:36 AM

Aug 2016
great start!
for a impatient person like me (i can't stand slow starts) this start was fluent. no unnecessary scenes and also we saw a little about what main character can do.
Jun 5, 2017 3:39 AM

Aug 2016
Hinata said:
Knew that maid was the princess even before she said he was pretty dumb. Lol how would someone keep emselves sane in that prison for that long.
or why would someone visits and risk their life for someone they don't know? and how can someone do that without help? main character is really dumb. he don't think when he's talking. that's for sure :D
Jun 5, 2017 4:19 AM

Apr 2013
LieWish said:
great start!
for a impatient person like me (i can't stand slow starts) this start was fluent. no unnecessary scenes and also we saw a little about what main character can do.

Warning, this series is usually considered to be slow paced ^^".

LieWish said:
Hinata said:
or why would someone visits and risk their life for someone they don't know? and how can someone do that without help? main character is really dumb. he don't think when he's talking. that's for sure :D

Hmm is he really? he didn't seem to be particularly surprised when she appeared as the princess afterwards. Felt to me like he simply didn't say what he guessed rather than not guessing anything.
Jun 5, 2017 4:30 AM

Aug 2016
Zefyris said:
LieWish said:
great start!

Warning, this series is usually considered to be slow paced ^^".

LieWish said:

Hmm is he really? he didn't seem to be particularly surprised when she appeared as the princess afterwards. Felt to me like he simply didn't say what he guessed rather than not guessing anything.
i don't think so. he didn't even ask how did she come there. as he's so egoist. it's not a surprise. he don't care who he is talking to.
Jul 4, 2017 5:49 PM
Nov 2015
I liked that a lot! Good set-up episode and I know the basic premise of what comes next but no details. I hope it stays strong.
Jan 19, 2018 6:47 AM

Sep 2012
hand shake & then she says: ur heart is bounding isn't it (straight to teasing) lol

LieWish said:
Hinata said:

there was no risk for her cause she was princess so guards wouln't hurt her
Jan 25, 2018 2:24 AM

Feb 2015
This seems interesting, looking forward to seeing the rest of the heroes.
Jan 25, 2018 12:20 PM

Feb 2015
Rei366 said:
@Ralf_Glow I don't want to stop you, but you do know this isn't really a quest to save the world but

I'm aware, I've read the description of the show.
Dec 1, 2018 11:38 PM

Apr 2018
Welp the art and animation are great
And the french dub is good too

The rest was meh and the mc is annoying af

AkerakaiDec 1, 2018 11:44 PM
Nov 25, 2019 12:59 PM

Sep 2012
hes going interrupting the match and then hes fighting stile, it still cracks me up
Mar 2, 2020 11:29 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
The story seems cool but the biggest point so far is the realisation, i'm very impressed it looks like a movie or something like this.
Sep 21, 2020 5:30 PM
Oct 2019
That was a good start. Both MC have quite the personality. I like that.
Nov 2, 2020 10:13 AM
Mar 2020
Dunno about the story yet, but the character design and animation is top notch.
Feb 19, 2021 1:35 AM
Nov 2020
Çizimler ve renkler 🛐🛐
Jun 14, 2021 7:33 PM
Jun 2021
Oii gostei muito desse anime por favor faça à segunda temporada por favor
Aug 17, 2022 6:41 PM

May 2019
Really got surprised for the very original aesthetics, a "Asteca-like" fantasy world.

Man, japaneses should stop of repeating the same RPG european medieval (and isekai) stories, with the same set, same races, how boring. Praise the creative authors like this one!
Dec 3, 2022 5:14 PM
Jul 2021
shit cringe ass nyggas watch this
Dec 14, 2022 6:54 AM
Jan 2020
First good fantasy anime I've watched for a while
Jan 6, 2023 3:44 PM
Aug 2015
Don't waste your time, 20 minutes I'll never get back
Jan 7, 2023 1:42 AM
Jul 2022
Hey does anyone knows where to continue the Ln after the anime?
Jan 7, 2023 5:27 AM

Apr 2013
SomeguyBlaze said:

At vol 2. Anime adapted the full vol 1.
Jan 7, 2023 11:25 PM
Jul 2022
Zefyris said:
SomeguyBlaze said:

At vol 2. Anime adapted the full vol 1.

Thanks for the help!
May 24, 2023 6:07 AM

May 2020
So wait, dude's not going to ask why the princess cum one of the brave heroes look so similar to that maid he had an insightful conversation with, before he got thrown down in the prison for his indefinite sentence?? Lol.

Main dude sure looked dumb, but fine he's a good kind of dumb, for now atleast. The setup isn't anything out of ordinary, I mean demon god.. heroes.. we've seen it all plenty, though still I've a bit of an idea of what this series is like, so I'm fine with it.

Animation looked top-notch.
Jul 6, 2023 7:04 AM

Dec 2022
This is already looking superb, especially with the Aztec style setting.

Shaded Horizon

Nov 24, 2023 6:20 AM

Apr 2013
An okay start for a fantasy show I guess. Why is the princess the only one with bunny ears though and how did she hide them when she pretended to be a maid?
Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Who is the strongest of the braves? ( 1 2 )

jbeat - Jul 25, 2015

65 by Talamare »»
Yesterday, 4:00 PM

Poll: » Rokka no Yuusha Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 19, 2015

982 by HeroforFun23 »»
Feb 27, 11:15 AM

Poll: » Rokka no Yuusha Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 11, 2015

292 by alphxmane »»
Jan 10, 9:49 PM

Poll: » Do you have a favorite character? ( 1 2 3 )

IncestEmblem - Aug 18, 2015

111 by Gator »»
Nov 29, 2023 12:41 PM

Poll: » Rokka no Yuusha Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 12, 2015

884 by Gator »»
Nov 29, 2023 8:18 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.