Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Pages (13) « First ... « 11 12 [13]
Post New Reply
Poll: Charlotte Episode 1 Discussion

Aug 23, 2015 10:04 AM

Ishkoten said:
I like that main character. He is reminds me of Lelouch from how he acts like control of other people but instead of controling them he takes over their bodys. I can tell it's going have feels.
I see the key logo one scene xD "Key coffee

I realize I'm a bit late to the party here, but Key Coffee is actually a chain of cafes in Japan. Took this picture of a store nearby my apartment in Akiba:

And this is their website:
http://www.keycoffee.co.jp/

Nothing to do with the Key we all know and love, of course :D
Modified by BlazePh, Aug 23, 2015 10:07 AM

Aug 30, 2015 1:46 AM

The way the girl dumped him was hilarious.. wow that girl sure is fickle.
Well if anyone got that power it would be weird if not half of them would try those stuff out.
For a personality like the mc it was awkward to see him getting push around and forced to join the council though.
That little sister side with an outsider.. that's not very cute hahhahaah !

Aug 30, 2015 1:57 PM

I like the MC guy with the eye power. Nao the student council president from the other school, wow, she just make me hate her from now on. What an ass.
There's no magical spell to save someone's life.

Aug 30, 2015 5:44 PM

Thread Cleaned

Please report spoilers. They get handled faster that way.

Sep 6, 2015 8:23 PM

LOL

Sep 6, 2015 10:47 PM

Anime about people with special abilitys? I'm in!

Sep 7, 2015 8:02 PM

Omfg I was reluctant to start this because every Key anime I've watched so far was dubbed and I thought the Key charm wouldn't be the same in Japanese, but the first half of this episode had me cracking up so much. Key humor just hits the spot for me.

The rest of the episode was good too. The premise is solid with good potential. Kind of feeling a bit too similar to Angel Beats, but I'm interested in seeing how it develops.

Oh yeah, and Yuu is like Maeda's version of Lelouch which immediately makes him 10/10. High potential to be the best Key protagonist outside Tomoya.

Sep 9, 2015 6:20 PM

Gimme Mitchon!
Damn, he was a douchebag at first, rejecting that girl and risking people's lives!
Modified by PhinalPhlash, Oct 14, 2015 7:56 PM

Sep 10, 2015 11:47 AM

Promising first episode, no wonders why this anime is popular atm

Sep 14, 2015 2:21 PM

Okay, that was glorious. Yuu is one slippery, sly bastard and he had me roaring the entire first half. I completely lost it when he was like "Run! Right now! DAMMIT!!!" Part of me wants to slap myself silly for waiting this long to start but I'm glad I get to marathon it. I hope Yuu maintains that rebellious, trickster edge even in his new situation.

Sep 16, 2015 6:59 PM

Yuu's ability is like John Tanner in driver san francisco ubisoft game. Kinda inspired when he was trying to crash the driver towards that hot lady shirayanagi yumi. John Tanner also have ability to possess someone's body in his coma condition.

Sep 26, 2015 5:07 PM
temporary powers and imperfect powers too during all their teenage years, i know i heard that somewhere before, i bet their powers will evolve more before its gone naturally

Sep 28, 2015 4:24 PM
Nice episode! I like the uniqueness of the main character's power. Although it's the typical high school scenario, it seems pretty good so far. I like the vivid colors :3
"Crying doesn't mean you're weak. Enduring doesn't mean you're strong." - Hai to Gensou no Grimgar <3

Sep 28, 2015 6:03 PM

Who else was hoping at the end when the main character’s sister was dazing out, he would put a juicebox up her nose, referencing Clannad?

Sep 29, 2015 1:41 PM

I like it so far. Nao had instantly become my favorite character because she was smart enough to catch Yuu with a camera and has the ability to make herself invisible. I cannot wait for the next episode.
Cartoons and anime is my reality.

Oct 1, 2015 11:15 AM

Quite impressive first episode! Looking forward to see what this series will offer us for a story! This first episode sure was amusing!

Oct 1, 2015 1:51 PM

As long as Nao doesn't become a Love interest (which I highly doubt will not happen) I probably will enjoy this series.
Like common just because everyone else has like bullsh*t abiilities, they don't have to drag the one down whose actually using his powers at its fullest.
i wonder if it would be possible to possess someone who's using his ability atm. Like I would possess Nao and bend her fingers til they break and everyone will assume she did it to her self. Yes I don't like her one bit.

Oct 12, 2015 4:00 PM

Lelouch? Maybe Light? Lol, no. Otasaka Yuu is not even close. He's a dimly lit doof.

Not to mention incredibly, incredibly reckless and selfish causing that bus accident. Either he is so over-confident he assumed nothing bad would happen, or he has no regard for human life. That bus driver crashed front first into that wall!

I appreciated seeing his arrogant ass handed to him.

At least he loves his sister, so he's not a complete sociopath. Maybe now that his power is being kept in check by responsible people, he'll grow and become a better person.
Modified by DawningFog, Oct 12, 2015 4:17 PM

Nov 14, 2015 8:10 PM

Lemon said:
The all character voices are so unbelievably annoying wow. Literally every single person.
I thought I was the only one who didn't like the voice. The protagonist's voice is plain boring, I almost fell asleep during his narration; the student council prez (female) was just bad; and the little sister, oh god, her speaking mannerism is sooo annoying -nano desu -de gozaru, like what the hell, either choose one, or none.. inb4 there are 2 persona within her. She also tend to drag the hell out of her speeches.. -_-

DawningFog said:
Not to mention incredibly, incredibly reckless and selfish causing that bus accident. Either he is so over-confident he assumed nothing bad would happen, or he has no regard for human life. That bus driver crashed front first into that wall!
Exactly my thought. He could've accidentally killed 2 people for some petty reason. The dude's smirk is annoying as hell too. I seriously hope that nobody honestly consider him to be cool.

The writing so far isn't to my taste too.

Rayzer said:
Nao Tomori: Power of invisibility on her only one target?. Well it's good for one on one combat. Still it's cool!
That's what they said, but how did she sneak into the student council president's room? Did she use the power on the protagonist or the student council president?
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control

Nov 15, 2015 9:21 PM

Lelouch + Kira = Yuu
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Dec 18, 2015 12:13 PM

like others said his sister is annoying.

Jan 1, 2016 4:42 PM

I am NOT liking Yuu. He seems like a slightly less obnoxious version of Light Yagami. Ugh, and when he put that poor girl in danger for a chance to date her. I would have slapped him silly if I was the girl with the white hair.
"It's a tragic misunderstanding that could have been easily avoided if he just finished his sentence in time!"

- Richard Watterson (The Amazing World of Gumball)

Jan 8, 2016 8:31 AM

Ok, it is was very douchey grabbing that girl's hand, making her fall, letting her down and running away... He deserved being dumped.
Anyway it was a very good first episode.

Jan 26, 2016 12:57 PM

Liked this a lot! The MC is cool and I love that he's lazy, selfish and wants to use the ability to gain something for himself. Then he'll be forced to think others. It's good not to be interested right away, since that would be boring.
The abilitys are interesting. I also like Joujirou. <3

Feb 9, 2016 2:01 AM

this ep is 10/10. i kinda feel bad for myself for putting this on hold for so long, just cause i wanted to steam through naruto. but honestly, the animation is great and the anime really captured me. (this was my first non-naruto/bleach/dragon ball z etc type anime)
My hot seat: https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1582823
watch me be a huge noob: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Vav-Cb1biI

megaminx+pyraminx :)

Feb 11, 2016 9:59 PM
This seems interesting enough. The mc is actually a bit likeable and if I had those powers I would probably do the same as far as exams go. Gotta say I really dislike that student council president, it would probably tick anyone off to have a camera in their face all the time.

Feb 24, 2016 1:26 PM

Nice first ep xDDD

Mar 25, 2016 4:36 PM
I hate Nao and her camera.

Jun 23, 2016 3:46 PM
Towel Attendant

The first episode wasn't too bad. I like the art color saturation and the premise of the plot is interesting. Two things crop up for my dislike:
1. MC has no concern for anyone's safety or pain
2. Little Sister refers to herself constantly in the third person.....that's just thug weird

Jul 11, 2016 12:25 AM

Holy shit! What a first episode.

Yuu just kept reminding me of Lelouch.

One way to get me to watch a show is to have powers and use them on girls to check their underwear in the opening minutes.

Damn. Who needs cupid when you have Yuu causing accidents so he can get the girl he wants.

LMAO! I knew the school was going to catch him for cheating. What I didn't know was that he got all the answers right on the test. If you're going to cheat, aim for 90. Don't get them all right. Yuu was about to get exposed one way or another.

Damn. I was sad when Yuu made Yumi fall. I was hoping he'd apologize for that, but I guess he sort of it off screen, hence why they met later on.

What a guy. He asks Yumi to travel far to see him, but can't put any effort to do the same for her. I get that he's being watched, but still. Best hope she's single after high school.

"Sister convention."

Dead.

Aug 20, 2016 8:31 PM
"I think, therefore I am" is not the quote of an ancient philosopher. It was René Descartes: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cogito_ergo_sum in 1644 A.D.

This bothers me, since he is in no way "ancient". Just sayin.

Oct 24, 2016 1:53 AM

Nice episode overall, Nice powers though I don't like how he used it to cause the accident. The most interesting part was when he was suspected of cheating and told to retake the exam, and must get 90% or higher, or proof he cheated. I always wondered of this scenario, and wouldn't that count as self-incrimination? He probably should have the right not to be forced to do anything that could potentially self incriminate him. I think there really needs to be really solid grounds that he cheated before they make an accusation. I mean even if he been getting 100s and got the 0 on the retake, he could always argue that his past scores were all guesses and he guessed 100% correct LOL
As long as there's more good anime, I'll keep watching or just stick with my favorites

Nov 29, 2016 5:32 AM

Hate the MC. Hate his sister. Lukewarm on everyone else. I'll give it on more episode, but this is probably getting dropped.

Dec 31, 2016 7:31 AM
Supreme Tsundere

MC is very enjoyable, he his such an ass, that said I felt bad he used his powers so recklessly, he could have killed that girl.
The imouto is slightly annoying, I dont fancy her VA much.

Kirigaro92 said:
I bet Yuu is gonna fall for Tomori in the end.

It is a cliche for some reason right? I like her character so that is something I m looking forward to, if there is really any romance on the anime.
Modified by Playcool, Dec 31, 2016 7:41 AM

Jan 4, 1:45 PM

dude that guy that was with Nao, looks exacly like Takamatsu from Angel Beats.
The only time I could think of the whole time was that rocket chair scene ....

Feb 10, 8:24 PM
why are they going to waste such an obviously fantastic character, and a Deredere no less!
Other than that its pretty interesting thus far.

Apr 19, 11:09 AM

Why are all the characters so annoying in this anime? Well, at least the main character got his ass kicked for abusing his powers, so that's something. Not too impressed with the first episode, hopefully the next will be better.

Apr 27, 6:31 AM

Que protagonista babaca, tem poder para trocar de corpos, mas usa isso para colar em testes e namorar uma menina pela qual está atraído, e ainda fica todo abalado por causa de um fora, aff.

Jun 10, 3:30 AM

so this is it, Maeda's latest work...wanted to watch this for a while :)

Well what can I say, it was interesting. MC seems to be a deuche so far, but of course, it's only the first episode.

I'm gonna give this a 4/5 i hope it's not gonna be a disappointment, as many people told me
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)

Jun 28, 2:04 AM

I always thought this guy kinda reminded me of Lelouch, and then he did that random maniacal laugh that sealed the resemblance. I'm really anxious for the part where he'll get humiliated or his perfect world will get tipped upside down, I mean there was that guy who filmed him in the beginning. Rather suspicious, huh? Oop, there it is. It's sad that the powers disappear after adolescence... They have a brother? How come he doesn't remember him?

Jul 19, 11:01 AM

I could've watched this show, a show following the same dynamic of this episode. It would've been fun at the very least. Sadly Charlotte's dynamic changes dramatically from the second episode onward and becomes a complete borefest.

Sep 12, 7:17 PM

The characters design is not perfect but is good. I have to accept that the episode was kind of boring, maybe te next one will be better.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Pages (13) « First ... « 11 12 [13]