Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (14) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jul 4, 2015 3:00 PM

May 2012
Would be a lot better if the MC used his powers to make bank and fuck bitches.
Jul 4, 2015 3:15 PM

Oct 2013
basabeo said:
Kanye? Is that you? He was running through my mind the entire time because the MC looks exactly like him and has the same voice actor.
I don't really know what to expect from this show yet.

I know right ! We just need sento now lol .
Jul 4, 2015 3:28 PM

Mar 2013
I dont normally like these kinds of anime but this was pretty entertaining well the first half anyway, dont know if i'll really like this but if it ends up being too overly feelsy and dramatic like i'll probably just drop it just like angel beats, seeing the studio behind this then thats a strong possiblity
Jul 4, 2015 3:29 PM

May 2014
If Ayumi keeps talking in third person, Wintermute swears he'll drop this series, he absolutely hates that.
Jul 4, 2015 3:30 PM

Jan 2014
MC remind me imagaY-sama by some reason, lol. All the metaphors coming from him are really amazing. :)
I like Tomori too.
Setting seems fairly interesting.

overall, very nice episode :)
I hope this gonna be as good as Angel Beats! :)
TapuTapuuJul 4, 2015 3:33 PM
Jul 4, 2015 3:37 PM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
I like Tomori. I need more video clips of her. Not enough from this episode.

I keep imagining this will become something like Death Note where Yuu will be in full control of everything in his school if Tomori's student council had never intervened. Nonetheless, I'd like to see where this is going. First episode had a really good start,

And Yuu has such an adorably sweet imouto. <3
Jul 4, 2015 3:37 PM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
It was alright, let's see how good this will be later.
Ayumi is likable, cute voice

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Jul 4, 2015 3:39 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
This MC.
I like him.
A lot.
Dis gun b gud.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Jul 4, 2015 3:40 PM
Jul 2018
Hmm, so far the series looks interesting. The pacing, as well as the ost and the animation, was pretty decent. 8.5/10. I got Takamatsu vibes from Joujirou, which I found rather amusing because many of KEY productions consist of some variables which are similar to its other series.
removed-userJul 4, 2015 11:06 PM
Jul 4, 2015 3:46 PM

Jul 2012
Interesting, that smile looked like a Light Yagami smile. I wonder if his power will develop further or will slowly vanish.
Tom's Hardware graphics veteran++ (Legacy)
i7 6700K@4.0 GHz, ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING, RTX 2080, G. Skill RipJaws V 3200MHz 16GB,
Noctua NH-D15, CorsairRM 850x, Win10x64, 1920x1080

MyAnimeList!
Jul 4, 2015 3:49 PM
Sep 2013
we have to agree that our mc smirk is really remind us of Kanye, throw some Sento and you'll have your amusement park at the school.

joke aside, solid first episode, and on my top of summer list so far. premise seems interesting, too.
Jul 4, 2015 3:49 PM
The Destroyer.
Feb 2013
As long as it does not end up like Kyoukai no Kanata.
Jul 4, 2015 3:53 PM

Sep 2013
It was quite alright in my book. The main character felt relatable and somewhat realistic. I know I'd done the same if I was in his shoes (except the truck thing). What I disliked was especially the comedic timing, it felt really off and I can't stand the female character designs, oh, the loli imouto was annoying too. Besides that, it's fine. 3/5 - I'm definitely going to follow this.
Time is money, but money won't turn back the clock.
Jul 4, 2015 3:56 PM

Apr 2015
A lot of weird MCs this season.....

We got a trap, a reverse trap and a WTF version of Lelouch/Kira.

I thought it will be a serious anime...... Now it's comedy.....
#CHEXIT
Jul 4, 2015 4:04 PM

Dec 2011
Hehe, using his powers for perverted stuff and cheating on tests... quite the scumbag to be honest and it seems he's an all round scumbag lol...

LOL, nice assist Mitchon XD

At the moment Yuu is running for "Scumbag of the year" award and is winning by miles XD, although it's rather refreshing seeing a MC being something else than a nice guy.

Awww, damn, his lil' sis is such a cutie :3

Ah, so he has somewhat of a reason for being such a scumbag eh...
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Jul 4, 2015 4:16 PM
Nov 2013
Nice first episode, I really like the idea of their powers have their upsides and flaws. Main character is also a charming asshole.

Of course this won't be anything like Clannad or Little Busters but I'm glad we're getting something a little different from Key. Hopefully this doesn't disappoint.
Jul 4, 2015 4:19 PM

Apr 2014
Imeon said:

who said it was srs at all?

this is suppose to be similar to angel beats (yes even the original creator said that)
Jul 4, 2015 4:27 PM

Jan 2013
Ah this was great!!! It was hilarious, especially the first half with the main's introduction. Like some others have mentioned I actually like the mc cause he has a personality and isn't like the typical pure innocent savior of the world leads that we've seen so much (too much) of.

I like what I've seen of the of the other characters so far as well, except the imouto. She's too loli/moe in a bad way. I can forsee her really grating on my nerves down the road if she gets too much screen time.

r0ykun said:
Main character is also a charming asshole.
That's a good way to put it
brianezJul 4, 2015 4:30 PM

Jul 4, 2015 4:35 PM
Jul 2012
Imeon said:

I remember reading after the first half of the series the tone is suppose to change but I don't remember where I read that at.
Jul 4, 2015 4:42 PM

Nov 2013
Blew me away on every level. Seems very interesting, creative, and promising. I look forward to this immensely.
Jul 4, 2015 4:43 PM

Apr 2015
Moodie said:
Imeon said:

who said it was srs at all?

this is suppose to be similar to angel beats (yes even the original creator said that)

I watched it as a first time viewer without knowledge of the source materials or the synopsis. My reaction was based only on what I saw
RPSB9Jul 4, 2015 4:51 PM
#CHEXIT
Jul 4, 2015 4:44 PM

Sep 2014
Best_Username said:
Is the MC a retard? He could have potentially killed everyone in the vicinity of the truck's area.

It's obvious the white haired girl was watching him for some time (SMall scene where you see her with a camera when they announced test scores) Wouldn't surprise me she seen what happened with the whole truck thing, hence why she beat the shit out of him, for being a idiot and abusing his power.
Jul 4, 2015 4:46 PM
Apr 2015
I was actually suprised by how much I enjoyed this
Jul 4, 2015 4:53 PM

Apr 2015
davinci12 said:
.....nce why she beat the shit out of him, for being a idiot and abusing his power.

So we'll have an violent female who humiliates the MC? That's.... nice.......
#CHEXIT
Jul 4, 2015 4:54 PM

Oct 2011
Tissues are ready just in case tears start rolling down my eyes
Jul 4, 2015 4:54 PM

Jun 2015
Hilarious episode XD
"If you have time to think of a beautiful end, then why not live beautifully until the end?"- Sakata Gintoki, Gintama
Jul 4, 2015 4:57 PM

Oct 2013
Why is this show trying to copy-paste Lelouch.

Jul 4, 2015 4:59 PM

Feb 2012
Damn this MC a straight G level savage, how you gonna almost murder the girl just to get attention from her.

And when he was running from the school, grabbed her, she fell, and he just continued running almost got me crying from laughing lmao.

My candidate for the MC of the season right here, I just hope he doesn't change later on in the series, and hope he gets some kind of revenge on that blue eyed girl for ruining all his shit.
Jul 4, 2015 5:01 PM

Sep 2014
Imeon said:
davinci12 said:
.....nce why she beat the shit out of him, for being a idiot and abusing his power.

So we'll have an violent female who humiliates the MC? That's.... nice.......

Better than the MC straight up killing someone. He deserved to be punched for what he did. That's exactly what he got. He could've killed a number of people, just to get with a girl who he hasn't met. Come on, If you were watching him abusing his power and almost getting people killed you would've done the same thing. Just like if you had his power at his age with raging hormones you would've done the same thing he did. Why don't you wait and watch a few more eps rather than jumping the gun?
Jul 4, 2015 5:07 PM

Aug 2014
lol~ someone look like izayoi

Jul 4, 2015 5:12 PM

Aug 2013
Man, that was totally fun. I mean, this is the kind of superhero fiction that i really like, that can portray the protagonist as close to reality as possible. I mean, if i were to have a superpower, i'd definitely not using it to save or conquer the world, but to do some petty tricks by gaining advantage over others. I like his personality already. And the scene when the invisible girl and teleporter dude ganging up on him was hilarious i can't stop my tears.
Jul 4, 2015 5:13 PM

Jun 2013
Jorjz said:
Let the clichés begin.

Thanks man, I was just about to ask for this. (Hopefully they pass my expectations)
Jul 4, 2015 5:23 PM

Oct 2007
Not bad. I liked this episode. The main character reminded me so much of Lelouch, though. And he's such a jerk. He could have gotten someone killed with that stunt he pulled to get that girl to like him. And him getting "dumped" at the end made me so happy cause he totally deserved it. Looking forward to the next episode.
Jul 4, 2015 5:34 PM

Aug 2011
One of the seasonal anime so far that I fell in love with after the first episode!

The MC is like a lesser intelligent Light and Lelouch.

The pacing was good, I liked the humor it had, the characters were properly introduced, and the animation was great as expected from P.A. Works.

The action in the first episode was probably a lean towards a possibility that the series will have fight scenes in some episodes.

Fight scenes or not, This is an anime I will enjoy for the next 12 episodes.
Jul 4, 2015 5:52 PM
Jul 2018
That evil grin tho
The girls are cute, as expected of Key.

I like the MC so far, although he's kind of an ass xD

Interested to see how the special powers affect the story.
Jul 4, 2015 5:53 PM

Jul 2010
LELOUCH CAME BACK!
Jul 4, 2015 5:55 PM

Jun 2013
that intro man was epic lol this seems very interesting well shit got serious all of a sudden
Jul 4, 2015 6:11 PM
Apr 2015
Overall I was very pleased with the presentation the first episode provided. I went into this series with no knowledge at all other than that Key worked on it. I'm hoping for another great supernatural anime like angel beats with all the emotion and feels. At first I even doubted that Charlotte was even in the supernatural genre, but all of those doubts were gone after the first episode. I really enjoyed the MC even though he is a complete jerk. (I kind of see some Lelouch in him... maybe its just his power has something to do with his eyes...or maybe his hair... or maybe his smirks... or maybe his fabulous evil laugh... nah I don't see it anymore XD) I believe that Charlotte might just have what it takes to go beyond a favorite of the summer 2015 anime season.
Jul 4, 2015 6:15 PM

Jun 2015
Normal episode but somehow it's not boring. and that weird Code Geass flavor in it makes it interesting *-*
Meow
Jul 4, 2015 6:53 PM

Jan 2011
Lol god MC even more of a arrogant jerk than kanie! but i don't hate him nor did i feel bad seeing all his dreams get shattered

Seen a fair share of Key works so already know what i'm getting into i just hope it ends up good

was a fun promising first episode
Jul 4, 2015 6:59 PM

May 2014
Ayumi (the little sister) and especially Tomori made this episode considerably less enjoyable than it should have been. The former was too loud, and the latter was incredibly annoying. It is usually pretty hard to annoy me with a character (unless they're just poorly written), but Tomori did that reallllly well. All the interesting opening of a show plot arc... destroyed.

I don't enjoy when shows start with a good story and setting and abruptly end it. Why not enjoy when something is good for a while instead of just abruptly ending it immediately? If the first half of the episode be a mini-arc across a couple episodes with more buildup, events, and shenanigans, I'm sure what we saw in the second arc would have more impact.

This show will probably be similar to Angel Beats in that it will have a lot of content crunched into too little time, although I doubt it will be anywhere near as bad as Angel Beats in that department (which had well over a dozen characters, almost all of whom were merely "there"). Hopefully KEY learned from past mistakes and instead focuses on a select group of 8 or so characters. Even though I disliked the sudden change of direction, it at least still remains interesting, and the main character is still really interesting.

There's still 12 episodes to go, so hopefully this "lost" potential is merely a ruse, and this show brings back a lot of the elements that made the first half of this first episode amazing.

Edit: I gave this episode a 4/5. I'm still kinda mad they didn't expand upon what was done in the first half, because that was amazing and thoroughly entertaining.
Johnknight1Jul 4, 2015 10:03 PM
Jul 4, 2015 7:10 PM

May 2013
Guys prepare your tissue boxes !

hype T_T/

Ayumi has same quirk Fuko, dozing/daydreaming to stars/starfish

Should I consider to wait for this to finish and marathon it? Can't wait for next episodes :|

Why do I have a bad feeling all those superpowers have side effects, like for tomori, a certain one, can't see her anymore :O
ByunjinJul 4, 2015 7:14 PM
Jul 4, 2015 7:15 PM

Jan 2011
This first episode of Charlotte was very enjoyable. Yuu is such a douchebag though, wow. Ironically, the voice actor of Kanie from Amagi Brilliant Park voices Yuu and Kanie and Yuu are very similar too. Yuu also reminds me of Lelouch and Light. xD Yuu's ability seems very useful but he constantly abuses it. I'm already really liking Nao though. Ayane Sakura's voice fits her character perfectly. Her ability is really unique too; to make her invisible to only 1 particular target. Yuu's little sister, Ayumi, is so cute! She probably is the negative for majority of viewers but I thought she was really cute and fun. :P

I really like where this is going, really good start. We got a tease of Yusa on the TV screen. I'm expecting her to appear next episode or maybe a bit later. Also looking forward to hearing the OP and ED next week. Lia please. <3
5/5
Jul 4, 2015 7:33 PM

Jan 2013
Mixed feelings onthis one. The little sister is beyond annoying.
Jul 4, 2015 7:36 PM

Aug 2013
I've been hyping this anime like no tomorrow
and I have no regret
I already like this series
gr8 start, hope it'll be better and better later

sad no OP/ED!
Jul 4, 2015 7:37 PM

Jun 2014
I'm more hyped because it's a P.A. Works, but since the story is written by Maeda Jun I'll expect to be at least sad. I'm not sure if I will cry. I didn't cry on Angel Beats even thought I really liked it. Charlotte looks much better than Angel Beats to me, thus I hope to not to be disappointed and to finally cry again on a key's project.
Jul 4, 2015 7:39 PM

Dec 2013
I really hope that the MC will stay evil, at least until the latter half of the season
Jul 4, 2015 7:44 PM

Mar 2012
I don't like this MC, he kinda endangered other peoples' life with that act of his. Let's see if this will get any better.
Keep moving forward
Jul 4, 2015 7:55 PM

Nov 2014
Is Key, of course i will watch this show.
Jul 4, 2015 8:09 PM

Feb 2013
I enjoyed how the powers were unique and all seemed to be incomplete in some way. Not much to say about the first episode but looking forward to seeing how things play out. That evil grin though lol.
Pages (14) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Yuu's Ability

PenguinLam - Apr 18

28 by inthelovedotorg »»
36 minutes ago

Poll: » Charlotte Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 26, 2015

886 by KumaGetsu »»
Apr 18, 10:21 PM

Poll: » Charlotte Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 22, 2015

459 by Tsunamii_ »»
Apr 6, 4:08 AM

Poll: » Charlotte Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 15, 2015

858 by Mads004 »»
Mar 29, 8:52 AM

Poll: » Charlotte Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 11, 2015

444 by Jaellll »»
Feb 13, 6:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.