Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Pages (13) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Post New Reply
Poll: Charlotte Episode 1 Discussion

Jul 4, 2015 2:31 PM

Great debut, first episode showed a good comedy and good characters, a protagonist with a distorted personality, the youngest sister of the protagonist who has great influence on him and is still very cute, and still appears a strange girl that drastically changes the life of the protagonist

First episode introducing the characters and a bit of the plot, but hopefully the plot becomes deeper, and the drama is also present in the series, I expect a great development, I already have high expectations for this anime ..

Jul 4, 2015 2:31 PM

mira-nyan said:

Annoying ---___---

Jul 4, 2015 2:35 PM

I don't know why, but I hate the characters in this anime so much...

Jul 4, 2015 2:43 PM

Syrosu said:
I don't know why, but I hate the characters in this anime so much...
YESSSS! that... I felt like I'm seeing L and Light here!!!

Jul 4, 2015 2:46 PM

Xenocrisi said:
mira-nyan said:

Annoying ---___---

At least say why~

I mean, you quote my whole paragraph. Idk what you mean by annoying
-Nao Tomori(the character)?
-The fact that I don't like a character because they ruined an anime and brought in cliches?
-The big pic?
The sun is a deadly laser

Jul 4, 2015 2:47 PM

I'm getting that deathnote and code geass vibe.
This gonna be good if there's no SOL shit.
Oh god who are you people?

Jul 4, 2015 2:47 PM

Interesting indeed

Jul 4, 2015 3:00 PM

Would be a lot better if the MC used his powers to make bank and fuck bitches.

Jul 4, 2015 3:15 PM

basabeo said:
Kanye? Is that you? He was running through my mind the entire time because the MC looks exactly like him and has the same voice actor.
I don't really know what to expect from this show yet.

I know right ! We just need sento now lol .

Jul 4, 2015 3:28 PM

I dont normally like these kinds of anime but this was pretty entertaining well the first half anyway, dont know if i'll really like this but if it ends up being too overly feelsy and dramatic like i'll probably just drop it just like angel beats, seeing the studio behind this then thats a strong possiblity

Jul 4, 2015 3:29 PM

If Ayumi keeps talking in third person, Wintermute swears he'll drop this series, he absolutely hates that.

Jul 4, 2015 3:30 PM

MC remind me imagaY-sama by some reason, lol. All the metaphors coming from him are really amazing. :)
I like Tomori too.
Setting seems fairly interesting.

overall, very nice episode :)
I hope this gonna be as good as Angel Beats! :)
Modified by Yohimo_asakura, Jul 4, 2015 3:33 PM

Jul 4, 2015 3:37 PM
る・にれむ・いう・な!!!

I like Tomori. I need more video clips of her. Not enough from this episode.

I keep imagining this will become something like Death Note where Yuu will be in full control of everything in his school if Tomori's student council had never intervened. Nonetheless, I'd like to see where this is going. First episode had a really good start,

And Yuu has such an adorably sweet imouto. <3

Yuu is smug as fuck,love that about him (hope he stays that way throughout the series,though seems unlikely).

Ayumi is cute ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Some foreshadowing about that thing she said about having another sibling? (Thinking there might be more to this because of the mysterious person in second key visual)
http://i.imgur.com/hOSODAL.jpg

Just saw the last few seconds of the episode,yep this other sibling/child friend from the past is likely the other person in the second key visual.

Surprisingly good start,generally don't like Key's work but I guess when they partner with PA Works their work turns out good.
Modified by VanishingKira, Jul 4, 2015 3:41 PM

"Netflix licensing anime was a mistake. Seriously fuck them." -Me2017

It was alright, let's see how good this will be later.
Ayumi is likable, cute voice

Jul 4, 2015 3:39 PM
┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴

This MC.
I like him.
A lot.
Dis gun b gud.
EVERYDAY, WE STRAY FURTHER FROM KAMISAMA'S LIGHT

Jul 4, 2015 3:40 PM

Hmm, so far the series looks interesting. The pacing, as well as the ost and the animation, was pretty decent. 8.5/10. I got Takamatsu vibes from Joujirou, which I found rather amusing because many of KEY productions consist of some variables which are similar to its other series.
Modified by Taurus_Silv3r, Jul 4, 2015 11:06 PM
Being 'selfish' feels good. But remember this, it will always cause 'pain' to those around you...

Jul 4, 2015 3:46 PM

Interesting, that smile looked like a Light Yagami smile. I wonder if his power will develop further or will slowly vanish.
Tom's Hardware graphics veteran++ (Legacy)
i7 6700K@4.0 GHz, ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING, GTX 670 DC-2, 16GB RAM Crucial Ballistix Sport,
Noctua NH-D15, Antec VPF 550W, Win10x64, 1920x1080

MyAnimeList!

Jul 4, 2015 3:46 PM

Btw,encase anyone didn't notice Kouki Uchiyama who voices Yuu also voiced Kanie from Amagi Brilliant Park who both look alike.

Both have rather distinct personalities as well,Yuu be a smug asshole and Kanie being a giant narcissist.

"Netflix licensing anime was a mistake. Seriously fuck them." -Me2017

Jul 4, 2015 3:49 PM
we have to agree that our mc smirk is really remind us of Kanye, throw some Sento and you'll have your amusement park at the school.

joke aside, solid first episode, and on my top of summer list so far. premise seems interesting, too.

Jul 4, 2015 3:49 PM

As long as it does not end up like Kyoukai no Kanata.

Jul 4, 2015 3:53 PM

It was quite alright in my book. The main character felt relatable and somewhat realistic. I know I'd done the same if I was in his shoes (except the truck thing). What I disliked was especially the comedic timing, it felt really off and I can't stand the female character designs, oh, the loli imouto was annoying too. Besides that, it's fine. 3/5 - I'm definitely going to follow this.
That is the only way! For us to fight against this cruel world! Rage, my soldiers! Scream, my soldiers! Fight, my soldiers!

- Erwin Smith

Jul 4, 2015 3:53 PM
Is the MC a retard? He could have potentially killed everyone in the vicinity of the truck's area.

Jul 4, 2015 3:56 PM

A lot of weird MCs this season.....

We got a trap, a reverse trap and a WTF version of Lelouch/Kira.

I thought it will be a serious anime...... Now it's comedy.....
#CHEXIT

Jul 4, 2015 4:04 PM

Hehe, using his powers for perverted stuff and cheating on tests... quite the scumbag to be honest and it seems he's an all round scumbag lol...

LOL, nice assist Mitchon XD

At the moment Yuu is running for "Scumbag of the year" award and is winning by miles XD, although it's rather refreshing seeing a MC being something else than a nice guy.

Awww, damn, his lil' sis is such a cutie :3

Ah, so he has somewhat of a reason for being such a scumbag eh...
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."

Jul 4, 2015 4:16 PM
Nice first episode, I really like the idea of their powers have their upsides and flaws. Main character is also a charming asshole.

Of course this won't be anything like Clannad or Little Busters but I'm glad we're getting something a little different from Key. Hopefully this doesn't disappoint.

Jul 4, 2015 4:19 PM

Imeon said:

who said it was srs at all?

this is suppose to be similar to angel beats (yes even the original creator said that)

Jul 4, 2015 4:24 PM
Kanye fits so well. Imouto and Nao are annoying, my hope is on Yusa now.

Jul 4, 2015 4:27 PM

Ah this was great!!! It was hilarious, especially the first half with the main's introduction. Like some others have mentioned I actually like the mc cause he has a personality and isn't like the typical pure innocent savior of the world leads that we've seen so much (too much) of.

I like what I've seen of the of the other characters so far as well, except the imouto. She's too loli/moe in a bad way. I can forsee her really grating on my nerves down the road if she gets too much screen time.

r0ykun said:
Main character is also a charming asshole.
That's a good way to put it
Modified by brianez, Jul 4, 2015 4:30 PM

Jul 4, 2015 4:35 PM
Imeon said:

I remember reading after the first half of the series the tone is suppose to change but I don't remember where I read that at.

Jul 4, 2015 4:42 PM

Blew me away on every level. Seems very interesting, creative, and promising. I look forward to this immensely.
If I have recommended manga to you, or you want manga recommendations, feel free to PM me your thoughts.

Will officially shit my pants if Horimiya gets an anime adaptation (not the OVA).

Horimiya, Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun, and Oregairu will be published in the States. Praise Yen Press. Also, good job to Viz Media for picking up Oyasumi Punpun.

Jul 4, 2015 4:43 PM

Moodie said:
Imeon said:

who said it was srs at all?

this is suppose to be similar to angel beats (yes even the original creator said that)

I watched it as a first time viewer without knowledge of the source materials or the synopsis. My reaction was based only on what I saw
Modified by RPSB9, Jul 4, 2015 4:51 PM
#CHEXIT

Jul 4, 2015 4:44 PM

Best_Username said:
Is the MC a retard? He could have potentially killed everyone in the vicinity of the truck's area.

It's obvious the white haired girl was watching him for some time (SMall scene where you see her with a camera when they announced test scores) Wouldn't surprise me she seen what happened with the whole truck thing, hence why she beat the shit out of him, for being a idiot and abusing his power.

Jul 4, 2015 4:46 PM
I was actually suprised by how much I enjoyed this

Jul 4, 2015 4:53 PM

davinci12 said:
.....nce why she beat the shit out of him, for being a idiot and abusing his power.

So we'll have an violent female who humiliates the MC? That's.... nice.......
#CHEXIT

Jul 4, 2015 4:54 PM

Tissues are ready just in case tears start rolling down my eyes

Jul 4, 2015 4:54 PM

Hilarious episode XD
"If you have time to think of a beautiful end, then why not live beautifully until the end?"- Sakata Gintoki, Gintama

Jul 4, 2015 4:57 PM

Why is this show trying to copy-paste Lelouch.

Jul 4, 2015 4:59 PM

Damn this MC a straight G level savage, how you gonna almost murder the girl just to get attention from her.

And when he was running from the school, grabbed her, she fell, and he just continued running almost got me crying from laughing lmao.

My candidate for the MC of the season right here, I just hope he doesn't change later on in the series, and hope he gets some kind of revenge on that blue eyed girl for ruining all his shit.

Jul 4, 2015 5:01 PM

Imeon said:
davinci12 said:
.....nce why she beat the shit out of him, for being a idiot and abusing his power.

So we'll have an violent female who humiliates the MC? That's.... nice.......

Better than the MC straight up killing someone. He deserved to be punched for what he did. That's exactly what he got. He could've killed a number of people, just to get with a girl who he hasn't met. Come on, If you were watching him abusing his power and almost getting people killed you would've done the same thing. Just like if you had his power at his age with raging hormones you would've done the same thing he did. Why don't you wait and watch a few more eps rather than jumping the gun?

Jul 4, 2015 5:07 PM

lol~ someone look like izayoi

Jul 4, 2015 5:12 PM

Man, that was totally fun. I mean, this is the kind of superhero fiction that i really like, that can portray the protagonist as close to reality as possible. I mean, if i were to have a superpower, i'd definitely not using it to save or conquer the world, but to do some petty tricks by gaining advantage over others. I like his personality already. And the scene when the invisible girl and teleporter dude ganging up on him was hilarious i can't stop my tears.

Jul 4, 2015 5:13 PM

Jorjz said:
Let the clichés begin.

Thanks man, I was just about to ask for this. (Hopefully they pass my expectations)

Jul 4, 2015 5:23 PM

Not bad. I liked this episode. The main character reminded me so much of Lelouch, though. And he's such a jerk. He could have gotten someone killed with that stunt he pulled to get that girl to like him. And him getting "dumped" at the end made me so happy cause he totally deserved it. Looking forward to the next episode.

Jul 4, 2015 5:34 PM

One of the seasonal anime so far that I fell in love with after the first episode!

The MC is like a lesser intelligent Light and Lelouch.

The pacing was good, I liked the humor it had, the characters were properly introduced, and the animation was great as expected from P.A. Works.

The action in the first episode was probably a lean towards a possibility that the series will have fight scenes in some episodes.

Fight scenes or not, This is an anime I will enjoy for the next 12 episodes.

Jul 4, 2015 5:52 PM

That evil grin tho
The girls are cute, as expected of Key.

I like the MC so far, although he's kind of an ass xD

Interested to see how the special powers affect the story.
@HikariJake (Twitter)
"I can think of no better way to make one completely disinterested in a show than saying Tumblr likes it."

Jul 4, 2015 5:53 PM

LELOUCH CAME BACK!

Jul 4, 2015 5:55 PM

that intro man was epic lol this seems very interesting well shit got serious all of a sudden

Jul 4, 2015 6:11 PM
Overall I was very pleased with the presentation the first episode provided. I went into this series with no knowledge at all other than that Key worked on it. I'm hoping for another great supernatural anime like angel beats with all the emotion and feels. At first I even doubted that Charlotte was even in the supernatural genre, but all of those doubts were gone after the first episode. I really enjoyed the MC even though he is a complete jerk. (I kind of see some Lelouch in him... maybe its just his power has something to do with his eyes...or maybe his hair... or maybe his smirks... or maybe his fabulous evil laugh... nah I don't see it anymore XD) I believe that Charlotte might just have what it takes to go beyond a favorite of the summer 2015 anime season.

Jul 4, 2015 6:15 PM

Normal episode but somehow it's not boring. and that weird Code Geass flavor in it makes it interesting *-*
Meow

Pages (13) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »