Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sailor Moon Eternal Edition
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 4, 2015 4:14 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That skull is weird, almost feels like it's representing death or something. And with that we are left with one more episode after a big ass cliffhanger.

Oh well, at least it looks like the Sailor Scouts are mounting a comeback.
Jul 4, 2015 5:13 AM
Jul 2010
It doesn't really feel like the ending is so close, huh?
Anyhow, the animation this episode was weird. At times it was so detailed, which was a bit out of style for the show, and there were 2 or 3 scenes which were probably still unfinished rough cuts.
Jul 4, 2015 6:26 AM

Apr 2014
Bad episode. Artwork switched from bad to okay, but storywise it was kinda dull except for Pluto's fate.

They. Ruined. Demand's. Death.

Those four words. Seriously! I was eagerly waiting for him to go nuts and trying to kill Sailor Moon, but no! They had to make Wiseman SOOO bad and make him kill Demand.

They will probably ruin final episode too.
Jul 4, 2015 7:36 AM

Jun 2007
Stark700 said:
That skull is weird, almost feels like it's representing death or something.

He isn't called Death Phantom for nothing.
Jul 4, 2015 9:05 AM

Apr 2007
I'll be honest -- I'll complain about this adaptation on many different levels, and for this most part this wasn't a very engaging or even good episode. But I think it had one of the most amazingly striking images of the entire franchise tucked inside:

Jul 4, 2015 9:32 AM

Dec 2014
Well that was emotional, finally it's going to end! i've been waiting forever for it to end
Jul 4, 2015 9:38 AM

Aug 2010
Iri said:
I'll be honest -- I'll complain about this adaptation on many different levels, and for this most part this wasn't a very engaging or even good episode. But I think it had one of the most amazingly striking images of the entire franchise tucked inside:

I liked that scene too! The art was pretty nice, especially Usagi's hair.
Jul 4, 2015 11:17 AM
Feb 2014
I really enjoyed this episode. Chibi-moon's transformation sequence animation was stunning, 10/10
Jul 4, 2015 12:06 PM

Apr 2013
So it just me, or were Chibi-Usa's legs deformed during her transformation?

One more episode. Just one more episode, and then it'll be over. I have so much pity-respect for those who stuck with this show from the very beginning, you people deserve so much better.
Jul 4, 2015 12:40 PM

Oct 2011
PLUTO NOOOOOOOO T____T

Chibi-usa transformed

Finale battle
Jul 4, 2015 12:41 PM

Nov 2009
Now we only have to wait for the final!
Jul 4, 2015 1:22 PM
Aug 2012
well this arc is way better than others, well it wasn't a bad episode, yeah artwork level confuses a bit, nevertheless I'm waiting for the last episode with a bit of excitement
Jul 4, 2015 2:06 PM
Sep 2014
2 more weeks, 1 more episode and it'll be over!
I think I'm happy it's ending, at first I was excited but this new anime hasn't been the best...
On the other hand the art this week got a lot better.
I wonder if they're planning on doing a seconds season that adapts the rest of the manga

Jul 4, 2015 2:38 PM

Feb 2013
Chibiusa's transformation made me laugh.
Jul 4, 2015 4:42 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Lil-Bird said:
So it just me, or were Chibi-Usa's legs deformed during her transformation?

One more episode. Just one more episode, and then it'll be over. I have so much pity-respect for those who stuck with this show from the very beginning, you people deserve so much better.

The agony of waiting every other week. Well good thing it's coming to a close.

Way to kill of Demande and Pluto, especially Demande. Chibi's transformation was great but I didn't really like how she didn't to anything after that, no helping Usagi or blasting a mad blast at Nemesis.

The Nemesis skull was so alien like lol

Jul 4, 2015 6:10 PM

Jul 2008
There were flashes of brilliance and flashes or incompetence. Kinda the story of this whole show.
Jul 4, 2015 10:41 PM

Feb 2011
Chibiusa loves Pluto more than she loves her own mother, that's the feeling I have so far.
Jul 5, 2015 1:34 AM

Apr 2010
Pluto's death scene was really sad. I hope they will revive her in the next episode.
Jul 5, 2015 7:03 AM

Nov 2012
>inner senshi get shitty CGI transformation
>chibiusa gets 2D transformation
top lel

besides that, ehh same old same old. pluto's death was ok, but it definitely had more impact in the manga. but i guess you could say that about pretty much everything in this adaptation..

and what was up with that art style shift for like 2 scenes?
Jul 5, 2015 1:51 PM
Jul 2018
The animation was pretty nice this episode.
Jul 5, 2015 2:05 PM

Mar 2010
Tatarata said:
Chibiusa loves Pluto more than she loves her own mother, that's the feeling I have so far.

I think Chibiusa might have a closer relationship with Pluto because she seems to take the time to really listen to Chibiusa and how she feels. I imagine as a queen, even in a peaceful world, Neo Queen Serenity's life is quite busy.

It might also have to do with the fact that Chibiusa is self concious about the fact that her mother is Neo Queen Serenity and she hadn't matured at the time, but with Pluto, the pressure to be more than herself was gone.
Jul 5, 2015 5:42 PM

Feb 2011
ratpaws said:
Tatarata said:

I think Chibiusa might have a closer relationship with Pluto because she seems to take the time to really listen to Chibiusa and how she feels. I imagine as a queen, even in a peaceful world, Neo Queen Serenity's life is quite busy.

It might also have to do with the fact that Chibiusa is self concious about the fact that her mother is Neo Queen Serenity and she hadn't matured at the time, but with Pluto, the pressure to be more than herself was gone.

I understand that she has a closer relationship with Pluto, but it bothers me that she does not seem to care for her mother at all, is as if the queen was just another woman out there, even her father, the King, seems more important to her. And she kissed him as Black Lady, iuck, I can't forget that.
Jul 5, 2015 5:49 PM
Jun 2015
Tatarata said:
ratpaws said:

I understand that she has a closer relationship with Pluto, but it bothers me that she does not seem to care for her mother at all, is as if the queen was just another woman out there, even her father, the King, seems more important to her. And she kissed him as Black Lady, iuck, I can't forget that.

Well, to be honest, I kinda am relieved that Small Lady changed immediately to see the truth. Pluto's gone... she kissed Mamoru when in fact she shouldn't have, but I don't think she forgot Neo-Queen Serenity, who was always there for Small Lady in her reach the whole time. ;)

For a short time, though... I'm seeing some good stuff after all! I've watch the old anime... but this... is EPIC. ^_^
Jul 5, 2015 9:27 PM

Feb 2009
lennyfanime223 said:
Tatarata said:

Well, to be honest, I kinda am relieved that Small Lady changed immediately to see the truth. Pluto's gone... she kissed Mamoru when in fact she shouldn't have, but I don't think she forgot Neo-Queen Serenity, who was always there for Small Lady in her reach the whole time. ;)

For a short time, though... I'm seeing some good stuff after all! I've watch the old anime... but this... is EPIC. ^_^

No, there is something really weird about Chibiusa and that's why as a character she's always been my least favorite. It seems like Neo Queen does nothing but love her but is the least respected person of all for chibiusa, so much so that she sees her as competition for the love of her father--both romantic and familial. It's just weird.

And I'm upset that her transformation was the most lovely. Why give the other girls crappy CGI then?

Jul 7, 2015 2:58 PM

Mar 2010
DarcyD said:
lennyfanime223 said:

No, there is something really weird about Chibiusa and that's why as a character she's always been my least favorite. It seems like Neo Queen does nothing but love her but is the least respected person of all for chibiusa, so much so that she sees her as competition for the love of her father--both romantic and familial. It's just weird.

And I'm upset that her transformation was the most lovely. Why give the other girls crappy CGI then?

Yeah, the way Chibiusa seems to absolutely despise her mother and compete with Sailor Moon for her future father's literal romantic love kinda makes me dislike her character overall, because I just find it kind of... gross?
Jul 9, 2015 10:41 AM

Sep 2013
I'm kind of upset with how this series just discarded the Black Moon clan without a second thought like that. Prince Demande deserved a better death for saving the Sailor Senshis.

I'm kind of surprised they didn't use CGI for Chibi Usa's transformation. Actually, I don't remember her having the ability to transform into Senshi form in the original series. I don't think she deserves the responsibilities associated with being able to transform into a senshi at this point in time.

Oh, and I just realised that this series finally decided to give us a bit of action after like.... 2 or 3 months? It's been so long that I forgot this was an anime that involved something besides dragged out conversations and internal monologues....
Jul 13, 2015 6:05 PM

May 2013
Chibi-usa's transformation was not CGI. And Usagi's detailed hair. I'm impressed
The world shall know the truth soon.
Jul 15, 2015 6:04 AM

May 2010
Finally a good episode. It was engaging in true words. Nice animation.

I wish Chibi-usa could remain in her adult form, but joined Sailor Moon anyways.

Thank God, it will end next episode. Horrible characterization till the very end. The character designs were horrible, even the 90s design were superior to this. They did become amazing sometimes but mostly from afar. The face closeups sucked mostly. I just hate what they did with the comedic scenes. Also, the inner senshis suffered bad.
Jul 15, 2015 7:37 PM

Feb 2014
Well whaddaya know, Sailor Pluto single-handedly stopped the destruction of the world by sacrificing herself and stopping time to prevent Prince Demande from making the two legendary silver crystals touch each other. Oh yeah, and she saved Chibiusa from Wiseman's mind control. Best Sailor Scout? Yes. Your argument is invalid.

Pretty sad about Pluto dying but from the preview it looks like she comes back (
)
in the next episode so now I feel better.

So now is there a third legendary silver crystal (the once that Chibiusa transformed with)??? Legendary silver crystal of past, present, and future??? (although I guess the present is the future at this point...)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 18, 2015 10:56 AM

Apr 2011
RIP Sailor Pluto

Wow a non cgi transformation.

One last episode to finish this series so I can move on.
Jul 18, 2015 11:16 AM

Feb 2014
What an emotional episode that was. I cried when Pluto died and Chibiusa reminisces the memories she had with Pluto, causing it to return to her normal self. It was completely deep and sad. RIP Sailor Pluto :(

Death Phantom true form creep the heck out of me. Skulls aren't my thing and seeing his made my stomach churn. -shudders-

It was a good episode with a lot of action and emotional scenes. Let's see the final episode can match this.
Cartoons and anime is my reality.
Jul 18, 2015 1:05 PM

Oct 2009
lmao we finally get a non cgi tranformation. After a year.

Chibiusa's legs were like yello
Jul 18, 2015 10:23 PM

Jul 2009
Great episode!!

The darkness and art really works out well :)

Though as usual, they're killing villains so easily. Yeah yeah it's the 90s and all.

Pluto!! It's seems they did follow the manga, the previous Anime it seems she survived??

I have a feeling Pluto did fell in love with Neo King Endymion.

Wow Chibi-usa's transformation is 2D!?!?! Why can't they do that with the Sailor Senshi?!?!

There some weird animation in the faces and all. Nothing Blu Ray can't fix.

Really love Wiseman's voice. Really menacing and fitting for someone who got exiled on a darkness planet.

Last episode, i really hope for Season 2. S, SuperS and Sailor Stars needs to be animated!!
Jul 19, 2015 7:20 AM

Oct 2008
Useless Chibiusa! didn't even do anything! just fuckin' transformed...seeeesh!
2/5.

Jul 19, 2015 10:30 PM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
RIP Pluto.

This episode was pretty meh like the first half of the anime.
Sep 4, 2015 7:14 PM
Dec 2009
Pluto!! I didn't have any strong memories of her from watching the original show as a kid, but she's one of my favorite scouts this time around.

Iri said:

Wow, GREAT shot. I love her hair here.
Oct 15, 2015 7:22 PM

Feb 2013
Man, when Black Lady was crying and screamed out Pluto.....that was a great moment.....gave me a chill.
Jun 17, 2017 11:31 PM

Aug 2007
This anime has so many ups and downs. I can't say I'm as emotionally invested in it like the original, but I do appreciate it when it does things right. That being said I was sad when Pluto sacrificed herself, but not devastated like I think I should be.

Sep 23, 2017 10:13 PM
Aug 2017
Sailor Pluto: NO!!!!
CHAOS CONTROL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Apr 17, 2019 9:09 AM

Feb 2019
I knew Pluto would die since I've read the manga and seen a clip on YouTube but I still was almost crying when it happened!
Jan 2, 1:18 PM
Oct 2023
What a goddamn rolecoaster this episode was.And Chibiusa finally unlocked her Sailor Guardian powers and became Sailor Chibi Moon.
Also RIP Sailor Pluto,i'll miss you. :(

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon: Crystal Episode 21 Discussion

Stark700 - May 2, 2015

41 by Eziprez »»
Feb 24, 7:25 PM

» Am I the only one who finds Sailor Moon more "traditionally girly" than Tokyo Mew Mew?

removed-user - Jan 18

1 by a0t3a »»
Jan 19, 2:38 AM

Poll: » Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon: Crystal Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 6, 2015

37 by Joca_skljoca024 »»
Jan 1, 2:15 PM

Poll: » Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon: Crystal Episode 24 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2015

32 by Joca_skljoca024 »»
Jan 1, 2:09 PM

Poll: » Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon: Crystal Episode 22 Discussion

Stark700 - May 16, 2015

31 by Joca_skljoca024 »»
Dec 31, 2023 2:19 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.