Forum Settings
Forums
Poll: Little Witch Academia: Mahou Shikake no Parade Episode 1 Discussion

Apr 20, 2016 4:19 AM

what a weird feeling that i had while i was watching this anime XD it was giving me disney vibe but i still realize that this is anime, and even made by Trigger XD really weird combination but i really really like the feeling XD so fun to watch :D

Animation was great as i expected from Trigger. fun and cool XD. same with the story too. not something serious but it was fun to watch too. the most thing that i like is obviously the animation, and the second one is the soundtrack. probably the soundtrack which was giving me the disney vibe XD and i'm just gonna be honest i really like it alot.

on the other side, the character, really good imo. i expected that conflict between the MC girl and the glasses girl...but it was well executed imo...

Overall, great animation, soundtrack, character and story. 9/10
and i want another season of this XD

Apr 22, 2016 5:54 PM

It's still good, but I can't help but feel as though the crowdfunding wasn't exactly to trigger's benefit. The animation quality felt subpar compared to the original, which didn't look great all of the time of course, and maybe I'm just cherrypicking, but it says a lot when the nicest-looking part of a sequel is a flashback scene to the original movie. And of course there was a change in tone to have more drama in the first half. I don't mind this personally, but I preferred the fast-paced and snappy story of the original.

I would still happily watch a third installment to this series, as LWA feels really refreshing to me, but I dunno, it just felt a bit empty compared to the original.

Apr 22, 2016 7:09 PM
Lobinde said:
It's still good, but I can't help but feel as though the crowdfunding wasn't exactly to trigger's benefit.
The first one was made thanks to the young animator project, a project to introduce new people to the world of animation.
They are made by people working on an anime for the first time, so yeah, I guess they miscalculated the budget a bit on this one compared to the first. Under the supervision of senior animators. (Since for the first they got a certain amount of money, and the duration was already fixed... While this one had kickstarter perks and all that changed the duration)

May 26, 2016 12:50 AM
Trickster

This one was lots of fun, despite not being as good as the first one. I wasn't a huge fan of the fight between Akko and Lotte/Sucy. In fact, I found it to be meh. The rest of the plot was interesting, I did feel bad for the girls who had to do it the previous year. It looked pretty humiliating. The plot did help expand the world even more, which I was happy to see.

Art and animation looked great, but not as good as the first one. Probably because they had more work to do due to the longer running time. Still though, Trigger always does a great job.

Out of the new characters I think Amanda was by far the best. I loved her spunk, plus her sexy dancing too.

This was still imaginative and lots of fun. I really love this series, I hope to see another episode in the future! 8/10

Sucy still best witch.

Jun 4, 2016 9:45 AM

I felt that this one relied too much on cliches and drama than the other one. Also, some of the characters don't seem to be themselves in this one.

2/5
Numbuh 3, you've got to get off the couch, you cannot sit in that tree house, girl you like Rainbow Monkeys so grab your little shit and then swing!

Hand tracks be tracking me to different doorways. In a maze, and I don't know what to do. Guaranteed though, Ima find the emeralds.

Jun 8, 2016 2:14 PM

Great movie (Guess I can call that, since it got almost 1h) Trigger animation and design are awesome as always. Indeed, predictable story... But still charming.

Too bad we still don´t have a TV version with 12 episodes at least, yet. But I think it´s possible someday.

Jul 2, 2016 10:46 PM

Aug 16, 2016 5:36 AM
A lot worse than the first.
4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42

http://putridcheese.deviantart.com
http://www.booksie.com/tosh/
http://stoptazmo.com/

Aug 17, 2016 4:12 PM
if you ever wanna laugh in class imagine your teacher talking in jasminka's dubbed voice

Aug 24, 2016 11:36 PM

OMAIGOTO i just watched fantasy 2000 (disney) in an anime, i'm happy with my lifu, i just need a waifu
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.

Sep 12, 2016 9:35 AM

Very nice, though the mayor and the kids were all incredibly annoying
Can't wait for the TV series!

Oct 21, 2016 2:17 PM
It's been a while since I've seen the first installment of this series and it took me surprisingly long to finally get around to watching this one. Truth be told, at first I was surprised at how annoying Akko can be- I hadn't remembered her as being such- and while I still can't completely warm up to her, the final scenes made for a fine conclusion.
So much so that I'm seriously contemplating to watch the TV anime once it airs next year.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein

Nov 8, 2016 11:47 PM

A little by the numbers and the boys were unnecessary. I can't wait for the TV series. I do feel Akko was kind of being a bitch. I will say the animation was the highlight it was followed by a good dub too. I really like Rachel Hegler as Sucy and Laura Post as Diane.

I can't wait for the series.
Studio Trigger is like that food you always want but hate when it is sold out in the stores. That's how good Studio Trigger is.

Nov 20, 2016 9:54 AM

The OST was amazingly good!
And Akko is quite annoying..

Nov 21, 2016 1:23 PM

I liked more the first one overall, but the new characters were very interesting. I'll be waiting for the series.

Nov 21, 2016 11:18 PM

This one was pretty funny. Can't wait to watch 2017 TV Series!

Dec 1, 2016 6:19 PM

After watching this, I can't help but being worried about the oncoming TV series.
What made the first movie (and this one to an extent) pleasant to watch was its leasurely and nonsensical tone. But I personally didn't dig into this movie's attempt at drama or at tackling more "serious" issues. And I also can't see 12 episodes of this without the aforementioned elements... So yeah, not as hyped as everyone else I guess.
The last part of the movie was still enjoyable, so there's that at least.

The series will need some serious Trigger magic to be really amazing.

Dec 5, 2016 5:37 AM

What an emotional rollercoaster 9/10, great show.

Can't wait for the TV series... #hyped

Dec 14, 2016 9:47 AM

Glad I finally got around to watching this. I'm totally down for a 2 cour series of this fun little series. I was always kind of sad thinking that, LWA is great but it'll only ever be a series of short films. Happy to see that I was wrong.
:3

Jan 6, 2017 10:09 AM

studio trigger is really the savior of anime as it seems.
Cant wait for the series!
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.

Jan 7, 2017 8:07 PM

Finally got around to this with the TV series less than a day away. Personally, I thought this was fantastic. Charming and full of wonder. I'd say this is Trigger at their best. Maybe a little too much drama at the beginning, but the entire parade sequence was done so well. And this one made me fall in love with Lotte, who got more time to shine. Impressive musical score, again, just like in the first OVA.

Looking forward to the TV series!

Jan 9, 2017 1:15 PM

It was okay. Too Disney-y for my taste.
"The weak get washed away by the tides of fate...The strong drink it up."-Godot

Jan 26, 2017 8:57 PM

Loved it!!! Even more than the first movie!!!

9/10

Feb 8, 2017 6:07 AM
This is so great that it manages me to rate it 10/10. Great story, perfect animation, great characters, and good soundtrack!

Feb 9, 2017 1:53 PM

When Lotte's sheet of music got torn omg

Love the action scene.

The part where the mayor's statue was dancing lol
Modified by Fortress_Maximus, Feb 12, 2017 6:00 AM

Feb 20, 2017 2:31 AM

That little goblin and butterfly elephant were both fucking cute. <3

Akko can be a little jerk sometimes but I'm pretty sure she's just too stupid to understand how she affects others. Those moving brooms were so Fantasia-esque.

That little blonde bastard was crushing on Diana when she saved him. She is the most attractive of the witches aside from Professor Ursula.

I like all the new characters. I hope they're included in the TV series.
There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards.

Feb 24, 2017 5:40 PM

It was alright. The original and TV are more fun (so far) I think. Shiny Rod has a pretty big role in this.

Feb 27, 2017 12:56 PM

Very nicke film, that invite you to dream, in company of this three little witch full of happies, in a film with a great plot, with action and tender!!!

The spectacle final, although all the people think was a spectacle, but in true was real, was great....Chariot Witch? Is Ursula, right? o maybe me mistake!!! kekeke

8/10 for this film, greaf medium film!!!!

Hello, my litte boy!

Mar 2, 2017 9:29 AM

Akko was quite a stubborn brat as always. XD
Oh well it ends at a good note anyway.. touchy make up with her good friend.
The animation and osts were great loved it very much.
The finale was nice.

Mar 4, 2017 9:08 PM

Not as good as the first movie. Got kind of cheesy towards the end, but still enjoyable. Nice animation as expected.

7/10

Mar 11, 2017 5:00 PM

Really good sequel! Just as fun as the original with all the same magic. That bow used for the finishing move got super big lol. 8-9/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Mar 18, 2017 7:57 PM

While watching the whole anime, everytime Akko moves, I'm always expecting a pantsu shot.

Good anime. 7/10 in my books.

May 24, 2017 12:27 AM

Ooo, this one has a better quality in animation. Even though it didn't provide much more character development, in terms of backgrounds of the three main characters, the new three were a cute addition. It's charming, good fluff magic fun.

The first was was an average 5/10. I think this gets another point for improvement, 6/10.

Jun 18, 2017 11:28 PM

LMAO at Amanda's mug shots. With that said....Hello, Amanda.
Akko is like "Fock yo pillow."
Amanda legs.
Amanda working her stuff. Potential stripper if she goes to the dark side.
Akko is being annoying.
Akko getting facials.
Holy shit at Constanze pullig out the gun. LMAO
Time for the parade to start.
Amanda legs. Amanda darkness pantsu.
Asshole kid fell in love with Diana. You ain't getting none of that.
Shiny Chariot so fine.
Asshole Mayor.
Akko gave them a facial. She got facial'd back. They all got facial'd. The End.

Found the first one to be better, but Amanda with her legs, booty cheeks, and darkness pantsu made up the difference in this one.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).

Aug 17, 2017 1:55 AM

After the Anime mirai, more of the same. But this one seemed a bit elongated thanks to the relationships drama who seemed injected just for this reason.

Enjoyment: 4/5
Score: 7.5/10

Nov 18, 2017 7:57 AM

Really a nice movie, although I did not find the narrative fascinating, you could do better. However, this film adds another piece to LWA's story, although it has already seen the TV series. Superb the quality of drawings, animations and very well-maintained backgrounds. Very catchy soundtrack.

Nov 14, 2018 2:28 PM

Its funny how this movie really differs from the series, like how Akko met Amanda, Costanze and Jasminka.

But anyway it was an enjoyable movie, I loved how Ursula included the giant in the parade so to not cause a panic. I also loved Akko's outfit by Lotte it looked like Chariot's and I'm glad they made up. But I believed she should've apologized before the Parade to show she was really sorry to both of them especially to Lotte whom she hurt really bad.

That Shiny Ballista in the end was awesome, and it is too bad this is the last movie they released. The showoff between the witches and those kids was also my highlight, I guess it is their way of making up :-). I will so so much miss Akko, Sucy and Lotte as those girls made my day all the time.

8/10.
Modified by lihle808, Nov 14, 2018 2:33 PM
"You know the rules, kill them all and keep moving "--- Lil Wayne- John

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]